PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Seen The Steam Reviews?

Sir Quacky
19-01-2016, 12:00
Why must you people be so rude and disrespectful. I've had the privilege of reporting the game to the Steam staff and they will be sure to remove your petty game.

That's what I've heard from most of them, yes, the positives are over 4000 but 1000 negatives? Ian, my good friend, where is your manliness to calm the tidal waves?

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 12:05
What's the point of challenging Ian's manliness to go to war against the minority?

The man has a company to run. I'd rather him be on the official forums than on Steam's community, and you know. Helming the ship that brings racing joy to all the boys and girls rather than keyboard warrioring his life away.

IJOJOI
19-01-2016, 12:06
Why must you people be so rude and disrespectful. I've had the privilege of reporting the game to the Steam staff and they will be sure to remove your petty game.

That's what I've heard from most of them, yes, the positives are over 4000 but 1000 negatives? Ian, my good friend, where is your manliness to calm the tidal waves?

It is popular to hate project cars for not being a sim or buggy amongst the Sim community.
They just picked up on it and their opinion won't change.

Sir Quacky
19-01-2016, 12:11
It is popular to hate project cars for not being a sim or buggy amongst the Sim community.

They said it's full of bugs. Ian, get the flyswatter!

E30_Hntsvl
19-01-2016, 12:18
I sure hope Ian could give a flying frak about Duck ramblings.

Shinzah
19-01-2016, 12:21
Yeah! Ian's no silly goose!

cluck
19-01-2016, 12:28
I sure hope Ian could give a flying frak about Cluck's ramblings.Does anybody?

;).

DreamsKnight
19-01-2016, 12:32
A doctor could help you. Could.

IJOJOI
19-01-2016, 12:37
They said it's full of bugs. Ian, get the flyswatter!

Every current Sim basically is ;)
But that doesn't matter to them... It just gained momentum, nothing you can do about that.

Cheesenium
19-01-2016, 13:34

2015 was the year to hate pcars. I say 2016 will be the year to hate AC because it is also coming to consoles. It just what the "sim" community had been where a portion of the community will try to tarnish any popular game that they themselves think it is inferior to their arbitrary standards.

havocc
19-01-2016, 13:47
There are more ppl playing project bash than project cars :cool:

Salty Dog
19-01-2016, 14:00
Some people are just unhappy people, they whinge about anything, they could win a million bucks and they would whinge it wasnt 2 million.

If the positives are over 4k and negatives 1k, 80% positive is a pretty good number imo

Markus Ott
19-01-2016, 14:34
So you are worried about more than 80% positive reviews on Steam?

Liquid7394
19-01-2016, 15:17
Is this another thread whinging about negative opinions?

bporion
19-01-2016, 20:23
The steam forum is full of people just bitching about everything , it's a frigen jungle in there .

Slowsley
19-01-2016, 21:22
Why must you people be so rude and disrespectful. (sic)

We're probably not your target audience.

Vittorio Rapa
19-01-2016, 21:23
Project Cars has very positive reviews on Steam. You may want to compare it with other AAA multi-platform titles, not strictly related to the simulation genre, but all of them, even the widely acclaimed title are floating around the same score (75%), which means that 3/4 of people are reviewing them positively, that is a fantastic result.
Also, if you read some of the negative reviews, many of them are along the line: "I do not suggest this game because it doesn't have Ferrari and Lamborghini" ...I found them fun to be honest, there's nothing to be afraid of (never feed the trolls!), we set a new brand from scratch and it has been a success. There's always space for improvements, we'll have a long life ahead. ;)

Sir Quacky
20-01-2016, 01:51
Project Cars has very positive reviews on Steam. You may want to compare it with other AAA multi-platform titles, not strictly related to the simulation genre, but all of them, even the widely acclaimed title are floating around the same score (75%), which means that 3/4 of people are reviewing them positively, that is a fantastic result.
Also, if you read some of the negative reviews, many of them are along the line: "I do not suggest this game because it doesn't have Ferrari and Lamborghini" ...I found them fun to be honest, there's nothing to be afraid of (never feed the trolls!), we set a new brand from scratch and it has been a success. There's always space for improvements, we'll have a long life ahead. ;)

That improvement better include ducks, or else I'm going to quack. I guess I've given you peeps an insight to the reviewers and it is probably time for this little thread of mine to sleep.
Too bad it wasn't a hit thread.

Shogun613
20-01-2016, 02:04
The steam forum is full of people just bitching about everything , it's a frigen jungle in there .

Yeah, we live in an attention deficit, on demand society nowadays. The people today don't like to read or watch anything that's "too long", but they want what they want, and they want it NOW.

Ian Bell
20-01-2016, 02:36

Oh, I read what a monster I am on there and decided to back off. I know when I'm beaten :)

Ian Bell
20-01-2016, 02:37

The hate started when we went to console, how dare we! But then AC announced a console version and it's caused a bit of cognitive dissonance among the afflicted.

SUBGTRACER
20-01-2016, 02:55
Oh, I read what a monster I am on there and decided to back off. I know when I'm beaten :)

225570 We know you are not a monster underneath all that hair . I for one am glad you have come to console " great decision"

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-01-2016, 02:59
The hate started when we went to console, how dare we! But then AC announced a console version and it's caused a bit of cognitive dissonance among the afflicted.Yeah, that's when it really hit the fan, though there were the mandatory "pCARS is just Shift 3 simcade again" shouts even before that. =)

SUBGTRACER
20-01-2016, 03:01
Yeah, that's when it really hit the fan, though there were the mandatory "pCARS is just Shift 3 simcade again" shouts even before that. =)

was all ways going to happen , there will also be a lot of innuendo prior to pcars 2 release also .

I have been out spoken at times , but I still wouldn't want to be with out the title.

Salty Dog
20-01-2016, 03:12
The hate started when we went to console, how dare we! But then AC announced a console version and it's caused a bit of cognitive dissonance among the afflicted.

All i can say to that is thanks for giving us the best racing game full stop on the PS4, my whole PS4 experience has been made so much better with it, just keep on doing what your doing and bring on PC2, there are many very thankful people out there that get over shouted by the unhappy ones a lot of the time.
Very few games i play i actually feel like ive got my monies worth, with this game i feel like i owe you guys something after the hours of pleasure ive had with it, not the other way around, and i really mean that, so thank you mate and all the SMS team.

marcelo carbon
20-01-2016, 03:21
I will love it if there PCars 2 early access.

20-01-2016, 03:54
I will love it if there PCars 2 early access.There is, many people joined, it's as much fun as pCARS early access was (= best time I've spent with racing sims during the last two and a bit decades). A shame you can't get in anymore, but they didn't want to be overwhelmed by the massive number of people, like what happened at times during pCARS.

marcelo carbon
20-01-2016, 04:08
There is, many people joined, it's as much fun as pCARS early access was (= best time I've spent with racing sims during the last two and a bit decades). A shame you can't get in anymore, but they didn't want to be overwhelmed by the massive number of people, like what happened at times during pCARS.

but it will be that will not be sold the steam early access?

20-01-2016, 04:28
but it will be that will not be sold the steam early access?No, Steam Early Access is a bit different, SMS already has their own early access/crowdfunding/crowd development platform int he World of Mass Development (started years before Steam Early Access became a thing), so they use that.

Cheesenium
20-01-2016, 04:34
but it will be that will not be sold the steam early access?

Just like pcars 1, i doubt pcars 2 will be sold as Early Access on Steam. There is stigma attached to the whole Early Access model that little games managed to get it right so I rather see pcars 2 as a complete game on day 1 than Early Access. Also, the way SMS does early access and crowd funding is a little different so I dont think it is possible to have it as a Steam Early Access that everyone can buy.

Of course, unless the plans changed internally, I dont think it will be available for Early Access.

balderz002
20-01-2016, 08:26
225570 We know you are not a monster underneath all that hair . I for one am glad you have come to console " great decision"

Whoa, Ian, you keep in good shape! Great legs! :rolleyes:

Ian Bell
20-01-2016, 08:38
Whoa, Ian, you keep in good shape! Great legs! :rolleyes:

I thank you.

marcelo carbon
20-01-2016, 10:33
No, Steam Early Access is a bit different, SMS already has their own early access/crowdfunding/crowd development platform int he World of Mass Development (started years before Steam Early Access became a thing), so they use that.

Just like pcars 1, i doubt pcars 2 will be sold as Early Access on Steam. There is stigma attached to the whole Early Access model that little games managed to get it right so I rather see pcars 2 as a complete game on day 1 than Early Access. Also, the way SMS does early access and crowd funding is a little different so I dont think it is possible to have it as a Steam Early Access that everyone can buy.

Of course, unless the plans changed internally, I dont think it will be available for Early Access.

hope is the last to die :)

ARNAGEist
20-01-2016, 11:25
To be honest I think the announcement of P Cars 2 really hasn't helped when most people will acknowledge some of the basics are not right yet and we don't see them being resolved until we get our credit cards out again.
I'm not talking about the many wants people have and the things they thought or were led to believe was going to be included I'm thinking more of the issues we all see at some point, I'm sure I don't have to write a complete list but little things that spoil it like rolling starts, cars left on the grid, tyre physics that somehow seem to go round in circles(pardon the pun)

P Cars is still the best racing game since GTR2 or Geoff Crammond's series it just needs that little extra polish to make it perfect and make me want to spend money on the next one and then the next one.

Sir Quacky
20-01-2016, 12:05
To be honest I think the announcement of P Cars 2 really hasn't helped when most people will acknowledge some of the basics are not right yet and we don't see them being resolved until we get our credit cards out again.
I'm not talking about the many wants people have and the things they thought or were led to believe was going to be included I'm thinking more of the issues we all see at some point, I'm sure I don't have to write a complete list but little things that spoil it like rolling starts, cars left on the grid, tyre physics that somehow seem to go round in circles(pardon the pun)

P Cars is still the best racing game since GTR2 or Geoff Crammond's series it just needs that little extra polish to make it perfect and make me want to spend money on the next one and then the next one.

No game is ever perfect, unless it's fun. Fun varies for a variety of people. Some people like platformers, others like fps and some like racing games.