PDA

View Full Version : FIX

Praggia
20-01-2016, 10:15
Any idea if there will be a fix for AI cars to stick to their racing lines. Most times when coming alongside an AI car they will just veer off onto the side of the track and not stay on their line. Sometimes it looks like the driver has gotten a scare and just shoots off and continues to drive next to the track.

biggbaddwolf
21-01-2016, 03:11
Not sure what is wrong with that?!? To me it makes it seem more life like, not like robots just going around the track like in other games...JMO

Umer Ahmad
21-01-2016, 03:48
They do kind overreact, i dont think it will be improved

Warren1571
21-01-2016, 04:01
I think it is fairly realistic most of the time, I've had the AI hit me when alongside and also take evasive action. Generally I think the AI is pretty well done, they race each other, they race you, they make mistakes and can also be difficult to get past.

In the real world you would come across drivers with all different attributes, so to have them stick to their racing line all the time as though they are on rails would be far less realistic. Gran Turismo has been a guilty culprit of having AI totally ignorant of surrounding cars and driving like they are on a fixed line. I am so glad Project Cars did a better job than that.

Pappa_Stig
21-01-2016, 04:13
The way cars leap out of the way when you're alongside them is far from realistic. You can drive them off track and into walls without even touching them.

Warren1571
21-01-2016, 04:27
The way cars leap out of the way when you're alongside them is far from realistic. You can drive them off track and into walls without even touching them.

I'd rather have them leap out of the way than crash straight into me like in Gran Turismo or Codemasters Grid/F1 games.

But yeah, thinking more about it, they do have a tendency to act with a little too much caution and courtesy sometimes.

You could easily drive someone off the track in a real race as well, I've experienced this in go karting plenty of times. Maybe not forced into a wall perse, but ran off the track none the less.

Robhd
21-01-2016, 07:35
Sometimes they do lurch sdeways a bit much, as if they are surprised to see you there!

What I personally find more annoying is that they often take fully to the grass to get past but get no obvious warning or penalty whereas the human driver gets a warning pretty much everytime you stray off... Even if taking avoiding action.

biggbaddwolf
21-01-2016, 08:26
I still like the AI in PCars much better than Gran Turismo ....

Pisshead30
22-01-2016, 23:21
The only problem ive had is probably by my own doing. AI slamming into the back of me when im braking for corners knocking me of the track? maybe im braking to hard I dunno...
Anytime I go up the inside of them and there isn't much room they usually swerve to avoid me me lol

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 14:08
Not sure what is wrong with that?!? To me it makes it seem more life like, not like robots just going around the track like in other games...JMO

I agree , I think the Ai should make MORE mistakes, i think they are too much on rails...JMO.