PDA

View Full Version : Patch 8.0 Tyre Grip level problem

slr5000912
20-01-2016, 12:48
I have just tested patch 8.0. Tyres are now retaining heat. Great to see. However, there seems to be a problem with there being no difference with grip levels between surfaces eg. Tarmac/kerbing/astro turf and grass. You basically can run wide onto grass/kerbing and astro turf with zero slipping or loss of traction. Its as if all surfaces have 100% grip. Anyone have thoughts on this?

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 12:56
I will try it out and report back!

Invincible
20-01-2016, 13:00
If it is as you say, this would be a strange one, as there were tire fixes in 8.0, not surface changes. The surface determines the grip, not the tire.

JohnSchoonsBeard
20-01-2016, 13:13
I have just tested patch 8.0. Tyres are now retaining heat. Great to see. However, there seems to be a problem with there being no difference with grip levels between surfaces eg. Tarmac/kerbing/astro turf and grass. You basically can run wide onto grass/kerbing and astro turf with zero slipping or loss of traction. Its as if all surfaces have 100% grip. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Hi SLR

I went off track at Sonoma in the BMW 320TC this morning and found it a bit "strange". Not what I expected. I'd need to test further to be sure though. I'll try again shortly.

cluck
20-01-2016, 13:14
Certainly wasn't the case on the build I ran at the Autosport show. And having watched lots of other people going wide off the track, some were seriously struggling to get back on track, so much so that the guys controlling the rigs ended up pushing the reset button to get them back on the black stuff. I don't know if that build was more recent than the one we have though.

Jason Ganz
20-01-2016, 13:31
Where's the patch notes?

I'm either blind or not looking in the right spots. :(

Jason

cluck
20-01-2016, 13:34
Where's the patch notes?

I'm either blind or not looking in the right spots. :(

JasonHere (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEImD_r6D8o) Jason:yes:

Konan
20-01-2016, 13:56
Certainly wasn't the case on the build I ran at the Autosport show. And having watched lots of other people going wide off the track, some were seriously struggling to get back on track, so much so that the guys controlling the rigs ended up pushing the reset button to get them back on the black stuff. I don't know if that build was more recent than the one we have though.

I ran off track in the formula rookie (slicks in rain) and the moment i hit the grass,the car spun around and i ended up in the barrier....I only tested the patch for one quali-session but it seems to be working OK to me....

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 13:58
Same here everything seems fine ;)

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 14:10
o_O relieved.....phew

Pamellaaa
20-01-2016, 14:12
There are certain areas of certain tracks that have always (as far as I have known) done this, after the chicane at the end of a lap at Oschersleben for example running wide across grass/gravel feels like driving on smooth tarmac. Very odd.

slr5000912
20-01-2016, 14:34
I just drove the whole back straight at Monza full speed with 2 wheels on grass and 2 on the track. Car drove perfectly. Pre patch if you slightly dropped a wheel on the grass you'd be get loss of grip or even sent into a spin off into the armco. Something has changed.

SlowBloke
20-01-2016, 14:42
I just drove the whole back straight at Monza full speed with 2 wheels on grass and 2 on the track. Car drove perfectly. Pre patch if you slightly dropped a wheel on the grass you'd be get loss of grip or even sent into a spin off into the armco. Something has changed.

PC - Tested it in Formula B and it was horrible - FFB all over, reduced grip, reduced speed, hard to control and at the wrong angle spin every time. Felt like being on grass.

JohnSchoonsBeard
20-01-2016, 15:05
Ive just done a little bit of further testing and I found the grip is about right on the cars and tracks I've tried.

Rumble strips at brno seemed right in the Mclaren 12C GT3. I span with 2 tyres on track and 2 on kerbs and foot to the floor.

SLR, silly question but could traction control or stability control be on by mistake? Are you getting the usual FFB?

cluck
20-01-2016, 15:06
I just drove the whole back straight at Monza full speed with 2 wheels on grass and 2 on the track. Car drove perfectly. Pre patch if you slightly dropped a wheel on the grass you'd be get loss of grip or even sent into a spin off into the armco. Something has changed.What car? Without knowing what car you were driving, nobody will be able to test the same combo themselves.

Also, are you sure you haven't accidentally enabled TC or SC? Worth checking, just to rule that out.

slr5000912
20-01-2016, 15:20
Any car. All responding the same. Aids set to real. Again just drove two straights at Monza Formula B full speed two wheels on grass. Not even a hint of losing control or spinning. Aids or not cars didnt react like this before patch.

cluck
20-01-2016, 15:22
Then something is quite possibly wrong at your end - somebody else in here tried that same combo and didn't have a problem (ie, it behaved correctly).

Try turning driver aids to 'none' and see if you get the same result :).

slr5000912
20-01-2016, 15:48
Just tested as per suggestion aids set to none. Main straight Monza Formula B entire straight 2 wheels on grass aggresive gear down change and breaking and was still able to make chicane. Another test no problem BAC Mono 2 wheels on grass for entire main straight then comfortably drove back onto track. Surely Im not the only one? Feel like I've entered The Twilight Zone :)

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 15:52
Just tested as per suggestion aids set to none. Main straight Monza Formula B entire straight 2 wheels on grass aggresive gear down change and breaking and was still able to make chicane. Another test no problem BAC Mono 2 wheels on grass for entire main straight then comfortably drove back onto track. Surely Im not the only one? Feel like I've entered The Twilight Zone :)

That's something different, and known in pCars.
The grass is basically very generic, breaking on it even without ABS with 2 tires won't result in a spin.

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 15:53

Is that on a wheel or controller?

Umer Ahmad
20-01-2016, 15:59
That's something different, and known in pCars.
The grass is basically very generic, breaking on it even without ABS with 2 tires won't result in a spin.

But he swears that just before this patch (yesterday?) this same test (2 wheels off) resulted in spinning out.

Let get some video at this point please.

slr5000912
20-01-2016, 16:12
Im using a controller. For the record Ive driven this sim every day since release and have all the dlc. I know how the physics feel and react. Its gone from slightly dropping a wheel on the grass resulting in a spin. To being able to go two wheels off with no consequences. Not even feeling wheel spin when exceeding track onto astro turf. Something fundamental has changed in my opinion.

Umer Ahmad
20-01-2016, 16:15
i've dropped many-a-wheel into grass/gravel...it has NEVER resulted in insta-spin for me. Nordschleife, Road America, Laguna Seca, Oulton Park. I mainly drive GT and road cars, not open wheelers. I've been playing project cars since 2011.

Closing this thread, discuss tyre stuff in the tyre thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1215631#post1215631) please