PDA

View Full Version : Formula B

Fernandito
20-01-2016, 14:23
It's my favourite discipline in project cars. Reason 1 is because I find it the most challenging. Reason 2 is that you can go blazing fast through corners.

Now. After the nightmare, specially regarding FB cars patch 7.0 has been is finally over, and that these cars are again drivable even with cold tyres AND LOW DOWNFORCE, I still find a little backwards that I'm able to run very low tyre pressures, 1.30 bar front / 1.27 bar rear, without even seeing the tyres going darknened green unless I have one of these epic sudden spins you can only achieve with these cars. Still haven't seen a red tyre, of course.

I've been testing this with a couple of races against the AI. Ten laps on oulton park and the same on zuhai.

What are your testing results FB maniacs, specially regarding tyre heat with low pressures?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-01-2016, 14:27
I wonder what is actually considered "very low" pressure for a car like the Formula B, I know that in real life depending on conditions Formula 1 cars have run as low as 1 bar starting pressures.

KkDrummer
20-01-2016, 14:29
Overheating seems to have been capped...I think we will have to live with it until PCars 2 comes out...

Fernandito
20-01-2016, 14:46
I wonder what is actually considered "very low" pressure for a car like the Formula B, I know that in real life depending on conditions Formula 1 cars have run as low as 1 bar starting pressures.That is one of the things I'd like to find out in this thread, so anyone who might know about this, please answer.

Still, and while admitting I don't know what tyre pressures are applied to the actual equivalents to these cars, we could agree to an extent that 1.30 / 1.27 bar is going stupidly and unrealistically low, right?

Overheating seems to have been capped...I think we will have to live with it until PCars 2 comes out...yep. Situation it's starting to look like so..

20-01-2016, 15:19
Like I said, F1 cars have run as low as 1 bar in real life, I'm not sure 1.3 is necessarily unrealistically low. =/

Do the tyres start hot or cold?

Fernandito
20-01-2016, 17:29
Tyres start cold of course in FB, but get hot in the first lap, and on lap 3 to 4 you can already go flat out through fast corners (slow corners are this car achile talon).

I don't understand. The game is now most enjoyable thanks to these very much wellcome tyre tweaks, to the point even road cars are now drivable (and you can even counter act oversteer with them = oh yeah!!), but they removed tyre overheat?. It's precisely what this game needs to be perfect now!!. Why did they remove it???!!

Doge
20-01-2016, 17:36
You can afford running even much lower cold pressures with the Yiro. You´ll see it get orange-red in some tracks but notice no grip lost at all, in fact you´ll go faster. It´s nonsense.

The Faretti works better (in terms of making sense, it is much slower).

20-01-2016, 18:11
About the pressures, with 1.37 bar in the setup after a few laps of Watkins Glen Short (to get the tyres to around 100 deg C) I was seeing 2.00 bar on all corners. With minimum pressure (1.00 bar) I was seeing 110 C on the rear within two laps (including outlap, on the third I was already seeing 130-140 C) of careful driving and the pressures were around 1.85 bar. So even if the tyres start out at low pressures, as the they warm up the pressures definitely end up with more "sensible" figures.

Doge
20-01-2016, 18:29
There is (used to be, still yet to try in 8.0) a huge problem with Yiro´s warming which contributes a lot to the whole crazy cold pressures situation.

If you exit the pits, down the first straight you´ll get huge pressure increases with no temperature gain at all. If you exit the pits with 30ºC temp and 1.10 bars, after seconds of straight line driving with minimal effort for the rears and 0 effort for the fronts you´ll have something like 32ºC and 1.40 bars. :confused: