PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R 2015: FINAL RESULTS

Joseph Barron
20-01-2016, 16:59
Congratulations to SDL Motorsport!

SDL Motorsport takes the team title in the first ever Driver Network Championship!

SDL SoniK wins the first drivers' trophy with Team Shark Racing's Atho in second and Yinato in third.

A special mention also goes to schumi170388 who wins the MVP award as the highest placed driver who is not a member of an eSports team, after finishing fourth overall in the points standings.

Full results for the Final are available on the eSports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/sms-r-driver-network-championship-winners-revealed).

The top three drivers and the MVP will all receive spectacular Project CARS trophies, and there is a trophy for the winning team as well.

Then there are the amazing bonus prizes from our partners at Thrustmaster, Intel and Nvidia!

If you are one of the four drivers mentioned above, please send me your home address, email address and phone number in a private message. SoniK and schumi170388 also need to tell me their preferred wheel base from the ones listed below. Then AndyT and I can arrange to deliver your prizes to you.

Prizes for 1st place: SDL SoniK
- Your choice of a Thrustmaster T300RS or TX Wheel Base
- Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
- TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
- TH8A Shifter AddOn
- Intel Core i7 Processor
- Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card

Prizes for the MVP: schumi170388
- Your choice of a Thrustmaster T300RS or TX Wheel Base
- Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
- TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
- Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card

Prize for 2nd place: TSRacing_Atho
- Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals

Prize for 3rd place: TSRacing_Yinato
- Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter

Season two will begin around April 2016, with improved rules, a tweaked format, new sponsors and even better prizes! Keep practicing your driving and setups and check out the weekly ESL Project CARS races (http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars) every Sunday to keep your skills fresh! Look out for more news about season two in the next few weeks.

cluck
20-01-2016, 17:06
Congratulations everybody :yes:.

GT-Club_Atho_
20-01-2016, 17:53
SDL scores 237 pts when we score 46 pts we were 218 pts behind before so we stay 1st thank you lol

Joseph Barron
20-01-2016, 17:59
SDL scores 237 pts when we score 46 pts we were 218 pts behind before so we stay 1st thank you lol

Please note that SDL took on F1-Masa's previous points total of 120 when he joined them as SDL Masa after the Silverstone Clio Cup Re-Run.

Kevin Leaune
20-01-2016, 18:45
Congrats everybody !

gmspromo
20-01-2016, 19:28
Well done Kevin! (and everyone else!)
Kevin - is the ESL xbox final re-run tonight?

notanuva
20-01-2016, 19:34
Please note that SDL took on F1-Masa's previous points total of 120 when he joined them as SDL Masa after the Silverstone Clio Cup Re-Run.

I find that very unfair that F1-Masa was aloud to join SDL and his points to transfer over so close to the end of the competition . I'm in know way involved in any team its just my personal opinion.

gmspromo
20-01-2016, 19:52
How many members are allowed to be in a team anyway?
Perhaps for the second season of the Drivers Network Championship, SMS should ask teams to nominate their top 3 or 5 drivers in each round to be eligible for team championship points?

Joseph Barron
20-01-2016, 20:01
In season 1 we did not limit the number of drivers each team could run in the championship. Andy Tudor and I have been discussing various ways to improve, and in some cases tighten the regulations for season 2. We will announce any changes before the new season begins in April, so that everyone understands the rules right from the beginning.

JohnSchoonsBeard
21-01-2016, 17:12
Will there be some community time trials before the next full season starts in April?

Is there a way we could see all friends who have registered a top 3000 time? I think my top finish in a time trial was probably In the top 200/300 a couple of times on PS4. I'm never going to be at the top but it would be much more inclusive to include everyone in the top 3000 and collate results from there. That way there might be a greater incentive to compete with friends. Obviously you would need to add being able to see friends times to community events like we can in normal time trial mode.

Cheers.

Edit: sorry this should have been posted to the time Championship thread. Could a moderator possibly move it please?

Joseph Barron
21-01-2016, 17:19
Will there be some community time trials before the next full season starts in April?

Is there a way we could see all friends who have registered a top 3000 time? I think my top finish in a time trial was probably In the top 200/300 a couple of times on PS4. I'm never going to be at the top but it would be much more inclusive to include everyone in the top 3000 and collate results from there. That way there might be a greater incentive to compete with friends. Obviously you would need to add being able to see friends times to community events like we can in normal time trial mode.

Cheers.

Edit: sorry this should have been posted to the time Championship thread. Could a moderator possibly move it please?

Hi John. We're reviewing the community events plan for 2016 in the near future, so we'll take your points onboard.

There should be some more community events before April, though they will mainly be focused around the upcoming On Demand Car and Track Expansions.

JohnSchoonsBeard
25-01-2016, 07:41
Hi John. We're reviewing the community events plan for 2016 in the near future, so we'll take your points onboard.

There should be some more community events before April, though they will mainly be focused around the upcoming On Demand Car and Track Expansions.

OK. Thanks for the response Joseph.