PDA

View Full Version : delete setups

DreamsKnight
20-01-2016, 18:45
i hit for error the button "save to all tracks" so i have a wrong setup in each track.

can i delete them?

beetes_juice
20-01-2016, 18:46
Did the same a few days ago. Create new default setup and save over all tracks again to rest to default.

DreamsKnight
20-01-2016, 21:45
Did the same a few days ago. Create new default setup and save over all tracks again to rest to default.

in this way if i recall a saved setup i see a blank list? i want to see only tracks where i create a setup.

beetes_juice
20-01-2016, 22:02
ehh I think this will give you the long list :(

Def better having the setup list per car small with only the tracks you need.

Gonna need someone else chime in on this as I'm new to the pc version and don't know where the setups are saved or if its possible to delete.

DreamsKnight
21-01-2016, 10:48
mods, someone could kindly send a request to dev if it is possibile to add a "delete all" or "delete" button in garage? or i had to post in another area? don't know, sorry.

BigDad
21-01-2016, 11:07
i hit for error the button "save to all tracks" so i have a wrong setup in each track.

can i delete them?
I find all default setups to be wrong .
Just use your new wrong setup as a new default / starting point .
Thats what i did , i found my new wrong setup was quite a good starting point for alot of tracks .
If not can't you just reset the car when you go to the next track ?

Fractured Life
21-01-2016, 12:06
Having deleted some old setups, I created a new setup for a race for Brands Hatch GP. I also wanted to have a different setup more suited to qually so created one in the select car screen. So thinking I'm a clever S.O.B. I save it to Brands Indy as I had nothing there. When I select my car and load the setup from Brands Indy and Jump into a Brands GP lobby or practice it never ever loads that Indy setup. I am always back to the setup I saved for the specific track. How do we save a setup, then load it again later? At the minute it just seems that all I can have is the default and just the one setup of my own and thats that. Makes me wonder what the point of the 'Load Setup' so my hope is I'm just being ridiculously thick and this works fine and someone will explain it for me before I have to start writing setups down.
On Xbox if that helps.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 12:42
mods, someone could kindly send a request to dev if it is possibile to add a "delete all" or "delete" button in garage? or i had to post in another area? don't know, sorry.

Post that in the following section:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

Haiden
21-01-2016, 21:59
Having deleted some old setups, I created a new setup for a race for Brands Hatch GP. I also wanted to have a different setup more suited to qually so created one in the select car screen. So thinking I'm a clever S.O.B. I save it to Brands Indy as I had nothing there. When I select my car and load the setup from Brands Indy and Jump into a Brands GP lobby or practice it never ever loads that Indy setup. I am always back to the setup I saved for the specific track. How do we save a setup, then load it again later? At the minute it just seems that all I can have is the default and just the one setup of my own and thats that. Makes me wonder what the point of the 'Load Setup' so my hope is I'm just being ridiculously thick and this works fine and someone will explain it for me before I have to start writing setups down.
On Xbox if that helps.

After you load the Brands Hatch Indy setup, you need to save it to the Brand Hatch GP slot. "Load Setup" is a little misleading, as it doesn't actually keep it in memory when you start a session. The game loads whatever setup is saved for that track when the session starts. If there isn't one, you get the default.

3800racingfool
22-01-2016, 03:41
Just to throw this out there.

The only way to truly "delete" a setup (so that it appears as "default" in the time trial leaderboards) is to delete your profile. Using the reset button in the setup screen will reset everything to default values, however it will not restore auto-fuel and your setup will still be shown as "custom" if you do a time trial and then look at your time on the leaderboard. Also, if you go into the garage and look at saved setups for the particular vehicle in question, it will show that you have saved setups for the track(s) you restored, they'll just all contain default settings. So the reset button doesn't really delete your setup, it just changes all the settings back to their default values.

If you're not worried about having everything be 100% pure default, just hit the reset button. However, if you want to go back to "full stock" then deleting your profile is the only way to do it currently. Maybe this will change some day (it'd be really nice!) but I wouldn't count on it.

mynameis
22-01-2016, 08:07
Post that in the following section:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

Like thats going to happen this late in the game,do the devs even look at the suggestions anymore?

Mahjik
22-01-2016, 13:55
Like thats going to happen this late in the game,do the devs even look at the suggestions anymore?

We (moderators) have no insight as to what the devs may or may not consider.