PDA

View Full Version : DLC will work in pCars2 ?

Ivan
20-01-2016, 19:21
will the DLC from pCars1 also work with pCars2, or we have to buy it again?
what you think?

ivan

noobkill
20-01-2016, 19:23
I'm sure nothing from pcars 1 will work with the new game :)

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 19:27
will the DLC from pCars1 also work with pCars2, or we have to buy it again?
what you think?

ivan

Pcars2 will have it's own base content and it's own DLC cycle like any other franchise sequel. Why would it be different?

MAARTEN
20-01-2016, 19:31
And this is how all games work. Never had a game with a DLC i could use with the next version of the game.

Konan
20-01-2016, 19:35
Pcars2 will have it's own base content and it's own DLC cycle like any other franchise sequel. Why would it be different?

Exactly!
All the more reason not to discard the game when Pcars2 comes out...(can't find a reason why i should anyway)

cry4dawn
20-01-2016, 19:47
And this is how all games work. Never had a game with a DLC i could use with the next version of the game.

Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 had compatible DLC. Also, all of the content from the original game is playable on the 2014 version if you own both on the same platform.

Cross compatible DLC and content is a GREAT idea and even more reason to buy the newest version. It is also a good reason for owners of PCars 2 to purchase PCars 1. That way they can play content from both games in the new version. People that have been waiting to buy PCars 2 and have not purchased the original will have reason to buy the original. Then they can also stop supporting the original and have patches for the new one address the old issues.

It's marketing genius! Think about it...

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 19:52
Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 had compatible DLC. Also, all of the content from the original game is playable on the 2014 version if you own both on the same platform.

Cross compatible DLC and content is a GREAT idea and even more reason to buy the newest version.

Rocksmiths demographic is VERY different to Project Cars' and its reach isn't nearly as widespread.

Also in a racing simulator, it doesn't make all that much sense to release a second game in the franchise and have all the same content in it. This isn't an EA sports game.

Konan
20-01-2016, 19:53

Cross compatible DLC and content is a GREAT idea and even more reason to buy the newest version.

I'm not sure but i think it would be a lot more work to incorporate the "old" DLC in a brand new game....I'm talking about the features added in Pcars2...that would mean programming all those cars on top of the new ones (just talking about pit animations now) I could be wrong though...

Ezuna
20-01-2016, 19:53
No I'm against this idea.

I like the thought of paying more when pCars2 comes out....when my wife whines in my ear about how much time I spend 'on those bloody games' it gives me a reason to justify not switching the PC off since I owe it to myself to get my full money's worth :eagerness:

MAARTEN
20-01-2016, 19:58
With a new game you also want to take advantage of the new engine and code in the game such as graphics, engine sounds etc. I believe with old DLC content you wouldn't gain anything.

Silraed
20-01-2016, 20:05

Rocksmith is a completely different kind of game with a different business model and one would think music licensing would be very different from car licensing.

Rocksmith is a great learning tool though.

SUBGTRACER
20-01-2016, 20:05
The current DLC and hole package should be apart of project cars 2 to start with .

JessicaWalter
20-01-2016, 20:24
those games have songs. if all the dlc in project cars was songs for an in-car stereo then the dlc would probably work in the next game (the same reason you dont have to buy new cds when you buy a new cd player). if it was anything else (which it absolutely is) then there's no reason to think it would work. what would be the reason to make a new game if all the new stuff worked in the existing game? if that were the case they'd just keep making dlc for the original game.

Mad Al
20-01-2016, 20:25
GT series managed to reuse loads of old content.. apparently......

Konan
20-01-2016, 20:30
GT series managed to reuse loads of old content.. apparently......

Yes...but that was just more like updating an excisting game...not creating a brand new one...correct me if i'm wrong please...

Mad Al
20-01-2016, 20:49
Yes...but that was just more like updating an excisting game...not creating a brand new one...correct me if i'm wrong please...

sorry, forgot the tags... not bothering to update a load of content whilst moving to new gen of console.. they would have got a lot less stick if they had gone with a fewer cars, but just kept up the quality (I say that, but then, this is the internet nerd rage age.. they would have got hung drawn and quartered whatever they did... not enough cars vs poor quality which side of that comes up best?)

PC2 will have some changes that means any PC1 content that appears, needs to be reworked.

Mahjik
20-01-2016, 21:43
As mentioned before, this forum (currently) is not for discussing pCARS2. This may not be the official forum for pCARS2 when SMS is ready to open one.