PDA

View Full Version : Another PATCH and another data lost! I GIVE UP!!!

BigAlex
21-01-2016, 11:04
I would advise SMS to get rid of the career mode forever. There is no point of having a career that you will never succeed because some patch will screw all your data.

Yes IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

1)Downloaded and installed the "Patch"
2) Started PCars
3) Game freezes in the loading screen for hours.
4) Tried to close PCars
5) received the popular error message
6) Started Pcars once again.
7) Got the awful message telling that my data was corrupted and would not be loaded
8) No problem, went to cloud, downloaded my previous day backup.
9) Fire up the game again and...
10) Game freezes AGAIN in the loading screen for hours....

and it goes on and on.

Now I had to reconfigure everything again... controllers, set ups etc.

HOW COME YOUR QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT DON`T GET THIS? FIRE THOSE GUYS! THEY ARE PROCASTINATING!

PS: Hoping that other SIMS see the breach and come to the Playstation platform. What you guys really need is competition!!!

Sankyo
21-01-2016, 11:09
Just for my info: what's the recommended way of working after having installed a patch? Reboot PS4?

ports
21-01-2016, 11:18
Just for my info: what's the recommended way of working after having installed a patch? Reboot PS4?

No i've never rebooted after a patch in any game and had no problems. i've had the game since release and never lost data through an update only thing i do once a month is rebuild my data base and restore licence , Oh and i don't save videos or screenshots with pcars i delete them soon as i upload them and its worked for me so far.

BigDad
21-01-2016, 11:45
Just start playing as with all games , unless you are playing while it downloads update then it will ask you to insall and it will reboot .

BigDad
21-01-2016, 11:47
I would advise SMS to get rid of the career mode forever. There is no point of having a career that you will never succeed because some patch will screw all your data.

Yes IT HAPPENED AGAIN!

1)Downloaded and installed the "Patch"
2) Started PCars
3) Game freezes in the loading screen for hours.
4) Tried to close PCars
5) received the popular error message
6) Started Pcars once again.
7) Got the awful message telling that my data was corrupted and would not be loaded
8) No problem, went to cloud, downloaded my previous day backup.
9) Fire up the game again and...
10) Game freezes AGAIN in the loading screen for hours....

and it goes on and on.

Now I had to reconfigure everything again... controllers, set ups etc.

HOW COME YOUR QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT DON`T GET THIS? FIRE THOSE GUYS! THEY ARE PROCASTINATING!

PS: Hoping that other SIMS see the breach and come to the Playstation platform. What you guys really need is competition!!!
Thats harsh Big A.
Come on 22/4 , AC .
29/1 SLRE
DIRT ??

ChrisK
21-01-2016, 18:12
What you guys really need is competition!!!

Spot on.
You gotta hand it to SMS though, they saw an opportunity and took it.

biggbaddwolf
21-01-2016, 22:47
My PS4 always reboots automatically after installing a patch from any game..

biggbaddwolf
21-01-2016, 22:51
I got the game in October of 2015, and already I have had corrupted data at LEAST once per month. At first I wasn't sure if it was a Sony issue, or a PCars issue, but seems a LOT of people are having this happen, which leads me to believe it is a PCars issue..Wonder how well the Gran Turismo Sport, and Gran Turismo 7 will work?:grumpy:

Liquid7394
22-01-2016, 12:03
Well GT Sport probably won't be rushed out the door. Plus they only have 1 platform to code for and bug test.

ports
22-01-2016, 12:05
My PS4 always reboots automatically after installing a patch from any game..

The ps4 only reboots after a system update not a game update.

the-D-
22-01-2016, 12:44
The ps4 only reboots after a system update not a game update.

yup

Gravit8
25-01-2016, 18:09
Spot on.
You gotta hand it to SMS though, they saw an opportunity and took it.

and missed
badly

baza4173
25-01-2016, 19:58
Yep this happened to me to wiped my whole career had almost 500 hours on there very annoying

biggbaddwolf
25-01-2016, 21:20
Yep this happened to me to wiped my whole career had almost 500 hours on there very annoying

500?? Hell the most I ever get is about 20 before I lose everything :mad:

Sasquatch
26-01-2016, 03:36
I'm at 130 hours, still on the same save since launch...

Back up your saves.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
26-01-2016, 06:33
Back up data onto the cloud ☁ and regularly copy game data to a USB it's not difficult!

WizardOfOz
26-01-2016, 15:57
Back up data onto the cloud ☁ and regularly copy game data to a USB it's not difficult!

This doesn't work , there is something about the patching and how much "user" data you have , i tried this after the first patch corrupted my data (i am assuming its the patch as it worked before i patched as i was playing) .. and it said it was corrupt after restoring my backup

i used to spend my time setting up every car (FFB and baseline) , and for every patch update to say my data was "corrupt"

Now i only drive on the tracks i like with the cars i like, and not had a corrupt issue for patch 8 , @SMS there is a test case , setup every car for every track to have its own unique (ish) settings then test a patch up (FYI i am also an original Disc user not a digital download as well)

BigAlex
28-01-2016, 12:36
This doesn't work , there is something about the patching and how much "user" data you have , i tried this after the first patch corrupted my data (i am assuming its the patch as it worked before i patched as i was playing) .. and it said it was corrupt after restoring my backup

i used to spend my time setting up every car (FFB and baseline) , and for every patch update to say my data was "corrupt"

Now i only drive on the tracks i like with the cars i like, and not had a corrupt issue for patch 8 , @SMS there is a test case , setup every car for every track to have its own unique (ish) settings then test a patch up (FYI i am also an original Disc user not a digital download as well)

Ditto, after the patch the saved data is useless. A really shame in both ways. The game crashes after a miserable patch and then your beloved "save data in the cloud" function is useless...

wyldanimal
28-01-2016, 17:08
The PS4 has an AutoSave feature.
It is on By default and will upload the game data each time you play it.

That would be the reason your Cloud save is also corrupt.
It got automatically Overwritten.

I have the AutoSave turned off, and also I use a USB thumb drive to keep a Copy.
The cloud copy is only good if it doesn't get overwritten.

WizardOfOz
28-01-2016, 17:42

I have the AutoSave turned off, and also I use a USB thumb drive to keep a Copy.

well that makes sense, Except .. what is the point of turning off autosave , and how do you then save your setups per session

i.e i am on a track doing Qualifying , i change some settings if i disable autosave how do i save that setup
(because as soon as i get to the race, there is a 50/50 chance it crashes because of apparently Sony's PSN .... cough no other game i play crashes cough)

Is there a nice "how to" , on disabling this autosave and somehow magically preserving my cloud data

Sasquatch
29-01-2016, 01:28
after the patch the saved data is useless.
Nope. I'm still on my launch file. I guess i'm doing something right.

The game crashes after a miserable patch and then your beloved "save data in the cloud" function is useless...
Again, manually back up your data to a USB stick. They're very cheap. And it takes maybe a half of a second to do, do it maybe twice a week.

Also be aware when it auto-saves. That would probably help your.... corrupt-free journey.

WizardOfOz
29-01-2016, 01:52

Again, manually back up your data to a USB stick. They're very cheap. And it takes maybe a half of a second to do, do it maybe twice a week.

Also be aware when it auto-saves. That would probably help your.... corrupt-free journey.

Will be backing up before i play next time to usb (was doing cloud)

Do you restore the save before you install every patch update , or have you been lucky to not have corrupted data message
( i was lucky all way to patch 5 , then each time apart from patch 8 gave me a corrupt message)

hornet66
29-01-2016, 07:43

Interesting to know.How do you turn autosave off?I didnt think you could do this,how do you save your progress,settings etc?

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
29-01-2016, 08:57
To turn 'auto save' off you need to go to 'system settings' and then 'application saved data management' then 'auto-upload' and untick project cars, now you can manually save the data by going to 'saved data in system storage' and you can then upload it to the cloud and a USB, do this regularly when you finish playing and there should be no more corrupted data being saved to the cloud.

hornet66
29-01-2016, 09:20
To turn 'auto save' off you need to go to 'system settings' and then 'application saved data management' then 'auto-upload' and untick project cars, now you can manually save the data by going to 'saved data in system storage' and you can then upload it to the cloud and a USB, do this regularly when you finish playing and there should be no more corrupted data being saved to the cloud.

I dont mean the autosave for the cloud function i mean the one that stops project cars from actually automatically saving your game.I didnt think you could disable this feature.How do you actually save your game progress if this is disabled? Have i misunderstood something here.lol

Liquid7394
29-01-2016, 10:41
You've misunderstood.

hornet66
29-01-2016, 10:50
Ok.You cant disable autosave in game then.Cheers for that.

WizardOfOz
29-01-2016, 22:15

Thank you, by the statement "here should be no more corrupted data being saved to the cloud" is making the assumption that his is causing the corruption for some and a patch update

Has anyone ever had a corruption message, and successfully restored from a manual USB or none auto updating cloud backup ?

Thanks in advance

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
29-01-2016, 23:14
I have had it once when I tried to load the game I got the message saying my data was corrupted so I just turned the game off and then went to my cloud storage and downloaded that but because I hadn't took project cars off 'auto-save to Cloud' the data I downloaded was the same corrupted data that was saved on my ps4 luckily I had recently saved my pcars data to a USB so I deleted both corrupted data on the cloud and the saved data on my ps4 then I uploaded the data from the USB to the ps4 then backed that up on the cloud aswell, I hope this helps

Sasquatch
30-01-2016, 00:15
Do you restore the save before you install every patch update , or have you been lucky to not have corrupted data message
( i was lucky all way to patch 5 , then each time apart from patch 8 gave me a corrupt message)
No, just copy and over-write it if the case. I've recently swapped HDD's to a 2TB, and that's all I have done. I haven't had a corrupted save, but I also close the app only at the main menu when its clear of autosaving. Simply being vigilant.

I have had it happen with GT6 and other autosaving games, Skyrim for example too, where my hdd save and the PS+ cloud would be corrupted for whatever reason. But I backed it up frequently with a copied USB. Lost a couple hours of logged play-time, but I had a day old save on back up... but it's better to have it somewhere than no-where.

BigAlex
01-02-2016, 15:32

I guess you're lucky :-)

When I restore the data I get the one from the previous day, so it shouldn't habe been overwritten. If it is being overwritten then we found another bug/poor design deployment.

BreadedVirus
01-02-2016, 20:33
Is this game related or console related? Reason i ask is that I've had no issues with my copy of the game or console.

wyldanimal
01-02-2016, 20:55
Is this game related or console related? Reason i ask is that I've had no issues with my copy of the game or console.

I'd venture to guess it's GAME / Patch related.
I've had it happen after one of the patches, forget which one..
No Idea why or what causes it.
Doubt it's console related.