PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring gt4 laptimes

gazg1986
21-01-2016, 14:09
Does anyone know what a quick lap time is round nurburgring gp in a gt4 car is? The leaderboard in time trials is awful and doesnt even show any gt4 times at all

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-01-2016, 14:18
You can take a gander at the PC leaderboards: http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

Invincible
21-01-2016, 14:19
If you're really fast: Somewhere between 7:10 and 7:20.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 14:29
Just keep in mind that likely any time set prior to Patch 7 will likely be using the camber exploit (i.e. the times post patch 7 will likely not be as quick).

gazg1986
21-01-2016, 14:35
Just keep in mind that likely any time set prior to Patch 7 will likely be using the camber exploit (i.e. the times post patch 7 will likely not be as quick).
Yeah my time was done post patch 7. Was just wanting to check how competitive my time was as its the 1st i had used the g55 gt4 round nurburgring gp.

gazg1986
21-01-2016, 14:54
You can take a gander at the PC leaderboards: http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

Cheers, is this the only other leaderboard there is? I thought there would have been more times on there

balderz002
21-01-2016, 15:08
Cheers, is this the only other leaderboard there is? I thought there would have been more times on there

Like Jussi said, it only contains PC players times.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 15:14

Time Trial is not that popular on the PC.

gazg1986
21-01-2016, 15:35
Time Trial is not that popular on the PC.

Yeah its not too popular on ps4 either. Usually find a few quick times at the top of the boards then a big gap in times after that. Because they list all gt's together there ends up being not enough room and gt4's dont even feature on the list.

Chin
21-01-2016, 18:48
IMO, they really dropped the ball on the TT implementation. Restricted conditions and no other cars on the track doesn't lead to a lot of desire for most. I still don't understand their reasoning (going back to the WMD days)...If I want to set the conditions to something less than ideal, why can't I? Why couldn't they implement AI but disable drafting effects? Fine, set the defaults to ideal, but let me tweak away.

I do still spend a lot of time in TT, but I would utilize it a lot more if it was closer to a race weekend in that you get the atmosphere with other cars on the track/different conditions. I don't play QRW very much because there is nothing that comes out of it (no career advancement, no lap times).

They clearly misunderstood what a TT really is...

N0body Of The Goat
21-01-2016, 19:02

Yep, and they can still use...
Damage off
Mechanical damage off
Tyre wear off
ABS/TC/SC that might not apply to the real car
Auto clutch which might not apply to the real car
etc.

Using fixed 5 litres of fuel, which is not enough to complete a flying lap at the longer tracks, nevermind an out-lap; flying lap; in-lap; a fuel reserve to offer the stewards. This is one factor why the Formula A times are so fast, it would need ~12.5 litres (excluding out-lap fuel of ~6 litres) for Spa, some cars like this one are very weight (including fuel) sensitive regarding laptimes.

21-01-2016, 19:22
IMO, they really dropped the ball on the TT implementation. Restricted conditions and no other cars on the track doesn't lead to a lot of desire for most. I still don't understand their reasoning (going back to the WMD days)...If I want to set the conditions to something less than ideal, why can't I? Why couldn't they implement AI but disable drafting effects? Fine, set the defaults to ideal, but let me tweak away.

I do still spend a lot of time in TT, but I would utilize it a lot more if it was closer to a race weekend in that you get the atmosphere with other cars on the track/different conditions. I don't play QRW very much because there is nothing that comes out of it (no career advancement, no lap times).

They clearly misunderstood what a TT really is...The reason is pretty simple: Even playground for everyone. You can adjust to your heart's desire in every other mode, but TT has to be the same for everyone to be any kind of fair.

graveltrap
21-01-2016, 19:31

They clearly misunderstood what a TT really is...

TT is as it should be you against the clock and a leader board to climb (even if they are much restricted on console).

In this game it needs a tightly controlled environment as the track conditions can have a huge impact on lap times, opening it up would simply mean people hunt for the optimum conditions to set the fastest lap (conditions now are not optimal BTW), adding cars just creates mobile chicanes to slow you down, especially on the Nordschleife!

Why would you want to unbalance what is a competitive environment?

QRW is a fantastic sandbox that lets me make things the way I want them to be, its kind of surprising you don't get anything from it, as it seems to offer mostly what you are after, adjustable conditions, other cars on the track ;) Personally I don't need recorded lap times (that's what TT is for) or a career progression to have fun racing cars ;) :)

Chin
21-01-2016, 20:50
The reason is pretty simple: Even playground for everyone. You can adjust to your heart's desire in every other mode, but TT has to be the same for everyone to be any kind of fair.

They already set everything to ideal...why not let me make things less than ideal?! Again, they can default to the preferred TT conditions without issue. If I choose to run cars in the rain, exclusively, I can then track times via the leaderboards.

That aside, with all the garbage times in TT, it is really useless to attempt for the top times for many combinations.

Chin
21-01-2016, 20:51
...Why would you want to unbalance what is a competitive environment?...

Like I said, it is already set up for ideal conditions. This would allow me to run in less than ideal conditions....hence not screwing up the (already screwed up) leaderboards.

graveltrap
21-01-2016, 21:22
It isn't ideal conditions, it is simply fixed at 1st of March at 11am, light cloud, 80 odd percent groove for all the tracks, no matter where they are in the world.

21-01-2016, 22:45
Is there any special reason why you want to be able to post times on the leaderboard done under different conditions from the normal TT ones? You can do all the things you talked about already in different modes, why is it so important to be able to do it in TT?

Chin
26-01-2016, 17:52
Is there any special reason why you want to be able to post times on the leaderboard done under different conditions from the normal TT ones? You can do all the things you talked about already in different modes, why is it so important to be able to do it in TT?

I am just looking to have a place to keep fastest laps by track/car without the limitations of TT settings. These can be used for comparison purposes with others/myself. Really, I don't even care if there was an online leaderboard as long as I could have them listed so I can share them. A lot more convenient than writing everything down, or switching over to a spreadsheet and manually entering. Just doesn't make sense to me that I cannot track my fastest laps unless they are done in a certain condition (and mode).

I realize this isn't going to change, but I don't really get why the pushback for stating my wish (not trying to imply it isn't civil). I tried to sway the implementation long ago, to no avail...so is life. This is very similar to all the WMD discussions about having features as options. '...just add a switch...' :p

26-01-2016, 17:58
Ah, so you what you really want is a personal fastest board? Gotcha. Yeah, I'd like that feature myself as well, saving the Free Practice times on my own separate list.

Huh, wonder if there's room for an app here, leave it running while playing and it updates an internal database just for you (could be in plain text for easy sharing as well), regardless of modes...