PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Ford V8 question.

DJBLITZKRIEG
21-01-2016, 14:43
Anyone know if the steering wheel is going to be removable? I had a look at some 2013 footage and most of them seem to have a small LCD on the wheel. I was really looking forward to this, but if this is the case, then it has been ruined for me. I can't stand fixed wheels, especially if you have your own one in front of you.

Silraed
21-01-2016, 15:04
It has a display on the wheel, so probably not.

kevin kirk
21-01-2016, 18:30
I thought the general practice was to have your wheel overlaying the wheel on the screen? Then you wouldn't be able to see it because your wheel would be blocking your view of it.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-01-2016, 18:33
Yup, that's what I do. Unfortunately it only works when using a realistic view setting.

hdh
21-01-2016, 19:54
When you're racing and are in the zone, I think a static wheel is the least of your worries. Besides, it's handy to have the display screen the right way up all the time.

kevin kirk
22-01-2016, 00:05
I'm just hoping for the roll bar to not be blocking the windshield.

cmch15
22-01-2016, 00:15
It shouldn't, they don't have the "Larry" bar anymore (from 2013).

Edit: Although below is a good reason to have it I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJOeKFbPXAU

Salty Dog
22-01-2016, 01:43
The inside of these new PC V8SCs is very bland, no sponsorship liveries, looks like a normal street Ford inside, looks like my grandads ford inside, lol at the steering wheel, these SCV8s have clearly been designed for the game by somebody that has no interest in them or aussie V8SCs and who hasnt grasped the basics about V8SC, the sound was the biggest disappointment, no bottom end, no balls, everybody that ive seen mention it is very disappointed with what they have heard and to a lesser degree seen so far.

Maybe the guys speakers were shot who put the video up on YT, we will just have to wait and see

At the end of the day it doesnt matter, i'll just drive other cars in the game at Bathurst if it doesnt really drive well.

Cheesenium
22-01-2016, 03:40
The inside of these new PC V8SCs is very bland, no sponsorship liveries, looks like a normal street Ford inside, looks like my grandads ford inside, lol at the steering wheel, these SCV8s have clearly been designed for the game by somebody that has no interest in them or aussie V8SCs and who hasnt grasped the basics about V8SC, the sound was the biggest disappointment, no bottom end, no balls, everybody that ive seen mention it is very disappointed with what they have heard and to a lesser degree seen so far.

Maybe the guys speakers were shot who put the video up on YT, we will just have to wait and see

At the end of the day it doesnt matter, i'll just drive other cars in the game at Bathurst if it doesnt really drive well.

None of the cars in the game supports any sort of decal applications in the cockpit. What makes you think Falcon is going to get special treatment with cockpit UV mapping for liveries? Heck, SMS even went a step further by allowing windscreen decals where none of the cars in the game has despite it was a feature that was asked a lot since pre alpha for all cars. My brother does a lot of liveries for different games, very little games out there that allows cockpit painting.

The dopler effects in pcars had always been one of the worse parts of the game's sounds, I really dont know why now only you found out how bad is it. It is comparably worse than AC, GSCE or R3E's one. I had seen real life GT3s, pcars track side cam sounds are actually quite off compared to the real track side sounds. Same goes for late 80s F1 where the real car will send a shiver down you bones when it drives past with a fairly loud transmission whine, pcars one does sounds a bit whiny to me than a powerful machine.

Pcars sounds are serviceable and acceptable to me, as it is still comparably better than games like WRC or Grand Turismo's sounds. However, compared to AC's track side dopler effects, pcars one is quite lacking but pcars did have quite good onboard sound samples that varies based on your camera view. R3E still has the best sounds among all racing games with a much richer soundscape but I dont know how true to life because I never driven any of these race cars.

Consider that pcars has dozens of disciplines, expecting them to get the sound right for each and every car with real car recording is impossible for a medium sized studio like SMS. Even Forza or GT couldnt get half of their cars sound remotely correct, let alone companies like pcars. I dislike that SMS did reuse some car's sound on other cars because I dont think a Megane will sound exactly the same as an A45. At least the sound sample is still pretty damn good.

Lastly, if you seen how much reading, interviews, and referencing SMS(i think mainly Casey) does, SMS does put in a lot of work in developing each car.

Salty Dog
22-01-2016, 06:16
This is kind of salty where you get your info at? car isn't out yet just weird man another comment of blah blah blah

Ive just watched a 9 minute video of the car on the track, cheers

Salty Dog
22-01-2016, 06:18
None of the cars in the game supports any sort of decal applications in the cockpit. What makes you think Falcon is going to get special treatment with cockpit UV mapping for liveries? Heck, SMS even went a step further by allowing windscreen decals where none of the cars in the game has despite it was a feature that was asked a lot since pre alpha for all cars. My brother does a lot of liveries for different games, very little games out there that allows cockpit painting.

The dopler effects in pcars had always been one of the worse parts of the game's sounds, I really dont know why now only you found out how bad is it. It is comparably worse than AC, GSCE or R3E's one. I had seen real life GT3s, pcars track side cam sounds are actually quite off compared to the real track side sounds. Same goes for late 80s F1 where the real car will send a shiver down you bones when it drives past with a fairly loud transmission whine, pcars one does sounds a bit whiny to me than a powerful machine.

Pcars sounds are serviceable and acceptable to me, as it is still comparably better than games like WRC or Grand Turismo's sounds. However, compared to AC's track side dopler effects, pcars one is quite lacking but pcars did have quite good onboard sound samples that varies based on your camera view. R3E still has the best sounds among all racing games with a much richer soundscape but I dont know how true to life because I never driven any of these race cars.

Consider that pcars has dozens of disciplines, expecting them to get the sound right for each and every car with real car recording is impossible for a medium sized studio like SMS. Even Forza or GT couldnt get half of their cars sound remotely correct, let alone companies like pcars. I dislike that SMS did reuse some car's sound on other cars because I dont think a Megane will sound exactly the same as an A45. At least the sound sample is still pretty damn good.

Lastly, if you seen how much reading, interviews, and referencing SMS(i think mainly Casey) does, SMS does put in a lot of work in developing each car.

Ok mate, thanks for that, lets see how it sounds when it comes out, cheers

T0MMY
22-01-2016, 07:16
On the cockpit being plain point, none of the SMS cars have cockpit that you can slap decals on it. The cockpit "template" for the cars in pCARS is just this:

a 128x128 box for you to choose a colour.

Wanting it to be authentic will probably need proper mapping like the exterior of the car and doing that is not going to be easy, probably very hard to get it right as well. Even the same car on 2 different games are mapped differently.

SMS upcoming Mercedes AMG GT3 template:

AC's AMG GT3 template:

AC one is rather disastrous for my poor livery skill while pCARS one looks like a flatten car.

Salty Dog
22-01-2016, 07:25
On the cockpit being plain point, none of the SMS cars have cockpit that you can slap decals on it. The cockpit "template" for the cars in pCARS is just this:

a 128x128 box for you to choose a colour.

Wanting it to be authentic will probably need proper mapping like the exterior of the car and doing that is not going to be easy, probably very hard to get it right as well. Even the same car on 2 different games are mapped differently.

SMS upcoming Mercedes AMG GT3 template:

AC's AMG GT3 template:

AC one is rather disastrous for my poor livery skill while pCARS one looks like a flatten car.

Thankyou mate, appreciate the explanation, really disappointing about the rules on the inside of the car, realise its not PCs fault now.

Invincible
22-01-2016, 07:35
Thankyou mate, appreciate the explanation, really disappointing about the rules on the inside of the car, realise its not PCs fault now.

It isn't a rule per se, more a limitation as the template for the cockpit would be a real pain in the arse.

Cheesenium
22-01-2016, 08:18

Not exactly a rule, I think it isnt worth the effort as most series doesnt paint as much sponsorship like V8s. It is already difficult to UV map a model, adding interior mapping would make things even harder.

If you going to be 100% correct with decals, even the doors in the interior has to be mapped. I have a 888 Commondore that has a massive cartoon pig decal on the driver's side door.

Something like this,

http://paultan.org/image/2015/08/volvo-polestar-malaysia-2-1200x801.jpg

If SMS is willing to do these minor touches, it would be really nice as it does add a lot of character to the car.

Salty Dog
22-01-2016, 09:04
Not exactly a rule, I think it isnt worth the effort as most series doesnt paint as much sponsorship like V8s. It is already difficult to UV map a model, adding interior mapping would make things even harder.

If you going to be 100% correct with decals, even the doors in the interior has to be mapped. I have a 888 Commondore that has a massive cartoon pig decal on the driver's side door.

Something like this,

http://paultan.org/image/2015/08/volvo-polestar-malaysia-2-1200x801.jpg

If SMS is willing to do these minor touches, it would be really nice as it does add a lot of character to the car.

Thanks mate, totally agree and your picture above is a great example of how the inside of a V8SC looks nothing like a standard falcon inside.

Being an Aussie and have spent a lifetime looking at these things, and being the only car in the game that i was totally pumped for i suppose my expectations might have been a bit to high.

For those that havnt seen the new v8sc yet, when you do you will notice that the picture above looks like a different car inside compared to whats in the leaked vid on youtube, unless they do some serious last minute tweeks, i was expecting something similar to above inside to give the car a v8sc flavour, but the car i saw just looks like a regular falcon inside, thus some of my comments, id rather mention it before it comes out than afterwards, maybe theres something that can be done.

This is our national car, the V8SC, and daylight second over here, its part of our culture so it will mean more to most of us Aussies than any other car, and i think PC will find much of our observations after a lifetime of following are pretty spot on on the car, most Aussies know it inside out, please excuse my raising these points but we are pretty passionate about this car.

Thanks for you explanations lads, im still learning about these templates and what can and cant be done, i now realise some of it is out of the devs hands.

cheers

Cheesenium
22-01-2016, 09:59
Thanks mate, totally agree and your picture above is a great example of how the inside of a V8SC looks nothing like a standard falcon inside.

Being an Aussie and have spent a lifetime looking at these things, and being the only car in the game that i was totally pumped for i suppose my expectations might have been a bit to high.

For those that havnt seen the new v8sc yet, when you do you will notice that the picture above looks like a different car inside compared to whats in the leaked vid on youtube, unless they do some serious last minute tweeks, i was expecting something similar to above inside to give the car a v8sc flavour, but the car i saw just looks like a regular falcon inside, thus some of my comments, id rather mention it before it comes out than afterwards, maybe theres something that can be done.

This is our national car, the V8SC, and daylight second over here, its part of our culture so it will mean more to most of us Aussies than any other car, and i think PC will find much of our observations after a lifetime of following are pretty spot on on the car, most Aussies know it inside out, please excuse my raising these points but we are pretty passionate about this car.

Thanks for you explanations lads, im still learning about these templates and what can and cant be done, i now realise some of it is out of the devs hands.

cheers

For the interior bit, I think it might be possible in the sequel but I highly doubt we will get in pcars. Perhaps if SMS got the series license, they might have a really good reason to do it. pcars does a lot of disciplines so I think it is hard to get each and every one correct. Still, if I am not wrong, an artist in SMS did import a Biante 1:18 Falcon V8SC as references for the in game model so I guess the in game model should be quite accurate. I have 2 Biante V8SCs, those 2 are probably one of the best 1:18s I have in terms of workmanship and attention to small details.

I stayed in Australia for 5 years so I do know a little about V8SC where I always think V8SC to be one of the defining features of Australia because it is such a unique motorsport discipline that you cant find it elsewhere and it is something that Australian proud off. I had an opportunity to drive a XR6 Falcon, I still want to own one till now but I'll take the UTE version over the sedan. Comfortable and really fun to drive cars.

Really excited for the free car to be honest, a lot more so than the paid cars.

TheReaper GT
22-01-2016, 10:44
The car on the picture is the 2015 version, the game version is the 2013. The 2015 has the seat further to the back and a motec/bosh/cossworth display in the steering collum, but the road car dash still there. The 2013 model have a motec control display in the steering wheel and the seat forward.

Azure Flare
22-01-2016, 10:55
All of those decals give an extra 15 HP each.

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 10:59
All of those decals give an extra 15 HP each.

No way! None of them say "Type-R"!

TheReaper GT
22-01-2016, 11:01
No way! None of them say "Type-R"!

Or Super Sport

Azure Flare
22-01-2016, 17:52
Or "built not bought". :p

blacknred81
23-01-2016, 00:28
Biante 1:18 Falcon V8SC
Oh, another diecast manufacture to add to my list of diecast manufactures....

RAVEracer
23-01-2016, 08:06
The car on the picture is the 2015 version, the game version is the 2013. The 2015 has the seat further to the back and a motec/bosh/cossworth display in the steering collum, but the road car dash still there. The 2013 model have a motec control display in the steering wheel and the seat forward.

COTF was introduced in 2013, moving the seat further back and inwards from previous years cars. I don't think the seat has moved since, but I may be wrong :)

Also just a general observation (and a small note). The Ford windscreen banner in the game is too low and the bar covering it is too high. This is what it looks like irl.

https://youtu.be/M4HHeh_tXIM?t=1m5s

Cheesenium
23-01-2016, 08:13
Oh, another diecast manufacture to add to my list of diecast manufactures....

Sadly, Biante pretty much only sell their products in Australia and New Zealand. Now, you got another good excuse to visit both beautiful countries.

Still, the quality went downhill a little recently with cost cutting and price tag reduction from$250 to around $150. If you can find the Biante V8SCs from 2011 or earlier, those are really high quality. Love my 888 Holden Commondore that won Bathrust 2011.

Salty Dog
23-01-2016, 08:26
Sadly, Biante pretty much only sell their products in Australia and New Zealand. Now, you got another good excuse to visit both beautiful countries.

Still, the quality went downhill a little recently with cost cutting and price tag reduction from$250 to around $150. If you can find the Biante V8SCs from 2011 or earlier, those are really high quality. Love my 888 Holden Commondore that won Bathrust 2011.

Biante make some very nice models, and great retro race models,some of the best ive seen, your 888 sounds great.

Im thinking of getting my fav childhood car the Greens-Tuf ford in my avatar or the Greens Tuf liveried modern falcon from a few years ago in 1;18, Love their stuff.

Any pics of your Biante? id love to see it.

cheers

RAVEracer
23-01-2016, 08:27

I miss the days of good Classic Carlectable models. Ah well, Biante ain't too bad these days I guess. Not sure what's happening at Classic however.

Edit: Salty Dog, got some pics on this post. I can post some more if you want :) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36193-The-Look-I-just-bought-thread&p=1095324&viewfull=1#post1095324

Salty Dog
23-01-2016, 08:43
I miss the days of good Classic Carlectable models. Ah well, Biante ain't too bad these days I guess. Not sure what's happening at Classic however.

Edit: Salty Dog, got some pics on this post. I can post some more if you want :) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36193-The-Look-I-just-bought-thread&p=1095324&viewfull=1#post1095324

Very very nice mate, thats one hell of a model, wow, the detail is amazing.
I dont have a V8SC model, i was thinking of buying a Biante, youve just talked me into it, id LOVE to see more pics mate, bring them on.

cheers and thanks

RAVEracer
23-01-2016, 08:56
Your first won't be your last :)

(sorry for stretching page)

And a couple of a Biante VK Group 3 (better quality model) (sorry engine bay pic is a bit dark) http://imgur.com/a/E921l

cmch15
23-01-2016, 09:54

The displays vary in position, the Ford had and still has it on the wheel. :)

Your first won't be your last :)

I don't have any recent ones, but have all the Paul Radisich cars or at least one of each livery. The TKR from memory is a Classic Carlectables. Biante ones are slightly better IMO.

RomKnight
23-01-2016, 17:47
The only thing I really want form that V8SC is to drive it on 2 wheels after hitting a kerb although I know I'm aiming way too high.

smutpeddler
23-01-2016, 19:58
the photo is of a volvo
im an aussie so i know this

Azure Flare
23-01-2016, 20:18
the photo is of a volvo
im an aussie so i know this

I'm American, and I knew it was a Volvo.