PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster RS300 problems with Patch 8

ianj3479
21-01-2016, 16:46
My Thrustmaster RS300 is locking up pursuant to patch 8 (PS4).... anyone else??

ALMEIDA_GTC
21-01-2016, 17:04
Yes I have the same issue on T300RS,

Rick8727
21-01-2016, 17:57
Me too. Can't even calibrate my t300 like before the patch. It's to strong. So impossible to get a full steering lock. Also before a race or leaving the pitbox, the wheel goes beserk.

novcze
21-01-2016, 18:13
what? ... was planning to test patch 8.0 this weekend with my T300RS. I'm really getting tired with this game, they can't get basic things right, game is riddled with bugs and I highly doubt their physics engine is an exception ... they should provide compensation at this point. Man, I hate being betatester and even pay for it.

morpwr
21-01-2016, 20:02
No problems at all and actually works really well. Do a fresh install. Yes I know its not fun.

svenvangent
21-01-2016, 21:58
Have the same problem whit my wheel( T300 RS )plus 2 times grinding and a crash to the main screen .
Way to go SMS bravo .

svenvangent
21-01-2016, 22:23
No problems at all and actually works really well. Do a fresh install. Yes I know its not fun.
Ok , I hope you are right still 7 GB to go .
Lets cross some fingers .

morpwr
22-01-2016, 00:22
Ive done it since the 3rd or 4th update after having problems with one. The other thing is rebuilding the database on the ps4.Ive had very few problems since ive done this. Not saying ive never had one but very few.

svenvangent
22-01-2016, 00:36
Just done a totally new install of Project cars .
It doesn't work

diesel97
22-01-2016, 00:52
Ive done it since the 3rd or 4th update after having problems with one. The other thing is rebuilding the database on the ps4.Ive had very few problems since ive done this. Not saying ive never had one but very few.

not sure if its true but i read if you turn off the PS4 (not rest mode ) its the same as rebuilding the database . just turn the power off in the safe mode and it is the same

Sasquatch
22-01-2016, 01:08
Have the same problem whit my wheel( T300 RS )plus 2 times grinding and a crash to the main screen .
Way to go SMS bravo .
Your wheel is GRINDING?

That's... not a software issue.

8.0 is fine to me.

morpwr
22-01-2016, 01:13
not sure if its true but i read if you turn off the PS4 (not rest mode ) its the same as rebuilding the database . just turn the power off in the safe mode and it is the same

Don't know about that. You have to hold the button and wait for 2 beeps and a different screen comes up that gives you the option.

morpwr
22-01-2016, 01:17
It doesn't work

Did you delete just the game or all the saved data. You need to delete everything.Thats why I said its not fun. Did you try a different game and see if the wheel works ok?

SUBGTRACER
22-01-2016, 01:26

The above does not fix these issues or any other unfortunately .

twotonetommy
22-01-2016, 02:11
I received the patch 8.0 update and no issues with my T300rs on my PS4. Everything is working fine.

svenvangent
22-01-2016, 02:22
Did you delete just the game or all the saved data. You need to delete everything.Thats why I said its not fun. Did you try a different game and see if the wheel works ok?
The whole thing , but i know it wouldn't work because i've done it already ones after patch 2 or 3 but i didn't had this issue with the wheel back than so I thought perhaps it will work now but that was a utopia .
Any way thanks .

svenvangent
22-01-2016, 02:24
Your wheel is GRINDING?

8.0 is fine to me.
You are right it is not a software issue but a Project Cars issue me think so .
greets

ChrisK
22-01-2016, 02:32
It doesn't work

do you have another car racing game ? first i suggest you test it out on another game to totally rule out a hardware problem. thats what i did every time i had a problem and every time the wheel worked flawlessly with any other game.
once you do that, then delete pcars and all saves and reinstall. if that doesnt work, then you can also try reloading the firmware.

unfortunately with this game you just have to use trial and error to get it done. what works for some doesnt work for others.

ChrisK
22-01-2016, 02:33
Your wheel is GRINDING?

8.0 is fine to me.

grinding wheel has been a common PROJECT CARS SOFTWARE bug for the past 5 or 6 months.
it may actually be a hardware issue but to rule out the game itself is incorrect and in fact contrary to the user experiences to date.

Sasquatch
22-01-2016, 02:54
You are right it is not a software issue but a Project Cars issue me think so .
greets
Project Cars is Software.

grinding wheel has been a common PROJECT CARS SOFTWARE bug for the past 5 or 6 months.
it may actually be a hardware issue but to rule out the game itself is incorrect and in fact contrary to the user experiences to date.
I have read many issues, but a common grinding T300 isn't one of them that I recall.

Hell, i've experienced slight clunking... but grinding? Sounds like you have a warranty to claim if the case.

svenvangent
22-01-2016, 03:00
do you have another car racing game ? first i suggest you test it out on another game to totally rule out a hardware problem. thats what i did every time i had a problem and every time the wheel worked flawlessly with any other game.
once you do that, then delete pcars and all saves and reinstall. if that doesnt work, then you can also try reloading the firmware.

unfortunately with this game you just have to use trial and error to get it done. what works for some doesnt work for others.
Yes I'm fiddling with all the power I have , like you mention ...trial and explosion ones and a while in my head .
Thank you

ChrisK
22-01-2016, 05:06
I have read many issues, but a common grinding T300 isn't one of them that I recall.

Hell, i've experienced slight clunking... but grinding? Sounds like you have a warranty to claim if the case.

You need to pay more attention then. It's common and there are multiple threads on it. There's one like 3 threads down from the top so you've hardly taken much effort to look.

I get the grinding bug every other night and it needs either a return to pits, an exit from the lobby or in some cases a full game shutdown.

SUBGTRACER
22-01-2016, 06:57
As CHris said its a common issue ...........

novcze
22-01-2016, 14:29
It doesn't work

Which is no surprise, advice to do a clean install after release of patch is misguided. It's not required in any other game and Project Cars is not an exception.

Human
22-01-2016, 15:36
After every patch update I restart the PS4 and do a restore database, never seemed to have a problem. However since patch whilst in a race the game has spazzed out and i get the PS4 menu screen come up. I have to frantically hit the PS button, to find i am in a wall somewhere. Also the replays have now become corrupt and will not playback. Not really an issue though.

delahosh
22-01-2016, 15:41
For People who speak German: https://www.pcars-forum.de/thema/2377-faq-t500rs-force-feedback-kalibrierung-setups/?pageNo=1

Sasquatch
22-01-2016, 18:43
You need to pay more attention then. It's common and there are multiple threads on it. There's one like 3 threads down from the top so you've hardly taken much effort to look.

I get the grinding bug every other night and it needs either a return to pits, an exit from the lobby or in some cases a full game shutdown.
Alright ill look into it

wyldanimal
23-01-2016, 01:37
Alright ill look into it

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41582-Wheel-Grinding-Vibration-Bug-(Video-Incuded)

and when it happens You get a Crazy Yellow Line or the White Line on the FFB HUD..
your Wheel goes BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZZZ ( Wheel Grinding )

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41582-Wheel-Grinding-Vibration-Bug-(Video-Incuded)&p=1163224&viewfull=1#post1163224

SHOWS UP ON WHITE LINE

SHOWS UP ON YELLOW LINE

Theritcha
23-01-2016, 19:16
I have problem since patch 8.0 aswell,
When car is stoped and even before the race
My wheel locks fully to the right,
Never had prob untill new patch.
I use t300rs

ianj3479
25-01-2016, 22:19
How do we get the message to Project Cars team that patch 8 has caused problems with the PS4 thrustmaster rs300...(I deleted and reloaded the program... no change) - maybe they know about it maybe they don't.... I can't drive and that's not good.

morpwr
26-01-2016, 02:23
Is everyone here using the newest firmware? My wheel works fine and its the best its been . Doing clean install might be misguided but it has worked for many of us. I don't think we should have to do it but sometimes it does correct things. I'm assuming the wheel is plugged in before you start the game? Don't shoot me just for asking just trying to get you guys straightened out so you can get back to racing.

Theritcha
28-01-2016, 18:09
I un installed then reinstalled it, turnd my ffb from 75
Down to 71, no buz or grinding noise anymore, its strange how its affectin some and not all people wit t300 wheel, its definatly the game and not the wheel,
As I said before, was no problem until patch 8.0

morpwr
28-01-2016, 18:20
I un installed then reinstalled it, turnd my ffb from 75
Down to 71, no buz or grinding noise anymore, its strange how its affectin some and not all people wit t300 wheel, its definatly the game and not the wheel,
As I said before, was no problem until patch 8.0

If t300 users stopped running the wheels at 100ffb there would be a lot less.jmo

Liquid7394
28-01-2016, 18:29
I use 70 FFB and always use the latest firmware yet I get the grinding bug a lot.

i-am-the-stig
28-01-2016, 19:55
I run mine at 75 I'm glad after my car fell from the sky at the start of the race

morpwr
28-01-2016, 19:58
I use 70 FFB and always use the latest firmware yet I get the grinding bug a lot.

What are your ffb settings?

spacepadrille
28-01-2016, 20:37
Hi guys, I'm not completely sure, but I noticed a difference of feeling (grinding vs no grinding at FF 75) depending on which usb port I use on he ps4. For me (it's a little black magic I admit), the solution to avoid grinding is to plug the wheel on the RIGHT usb port of the PS4, and then start the console with the on/off button of the ps4. No dualshock controller plugged. You can try, no idea if it will really work...

spacepadrille
28-01-2016, 20:41

I looked your settings, I think your dead zone is too high. Try to set it lower, around 0.04 instead of 0.12. The T300 have not a such big dead zone in my opinion.

morpwr
28-01-2016, 21:08

is your tf really 40?

svenvangent
28-01-2016, 21:52
FFB 60 TF 71

morpwr
28-01-2016, 22:08
FFB 60 TF 71

Have you tried 100tf lately? That just seems like it would be really light and kill the forces you are trying to feel.

Liquid7394
29-01-2016, 11:45
I looked your settings, I think your dead zone is too high. Try to set it lower, around 0.04 instead of 0.12. The T300 have not a such big dead zone in my opinion.
I'll use what I find works for me.

Liquid7394
29-01-2016, 11:47
is your tf really 40?
No it's 75 now. The settings in my sig are outdated.

morpwr
29-01-2016, 14:33
No it's 75 now. The settings in my sig are outdated.

That makes more sense.

svenvangent
29-01-2016, 16:09
Have you tried 100tf lately? That just seems like it would be really light and kill the forces you are trying to feel.
If I try 100 my arms are broken and I think for the T300 RS it is not such a good idea .

fubby
29-01-2016, 16:25
I'm having problems too, since the patch my t300 rs wheel will not calibrate in the game and only have to move wheel 2 degrees and that equals full lock, and ffb has gone ridiculously stiff. This game is a joke........

Theritcha
29-01-2016, 16:42
Stil not 100% convinced its fixd, slight little grind/buz
And also wen I try lock the wheel either left or right it feels like theres a slight bump in steering :(
Tried my wheel on both wrc and seb leob racing last night, no buz or grind wut my wheel in then 2 games,
Gettin a bit pist off with Project (its allways broken) cars

morpwr
29-01-2016, 18:12
If I try 100 my arms are broken and I think for the T300 RS it is not such a good idea .

Just turn the ffb down so the wheel isn't so heavy. That way you still get the full range without limiting the forces .

morpwr
29-01-2016, 18:16
Stil not 100% convinced its fixd, slight little grind/buz
And also wen I try lock the wheel either left or right it feels like theres a slight bump in steering :(
Tried my wheel on both wrc and seb leob racing last night, no buz or grind wut my wheel in then 2 games,
Gettin a bit pist off with Project (its allways broken) cars

Did you do a fresh install and what are you using for settings? Settings make a huge difference with the grinding feeling. Honestly guys try the default settings and just turn the ffb down to get the wheel weight. Only other thing I changed was raised my scoop values from the last patch as it helps balance the lower forces better since the new update.

Theritcha
29-01-2016, 20:28
Did you do a fresh install and what are you using for settings? Settings make a huge difference with the grinding feeling. Honestly guys try the default settings and just turn the ffb down to get the wheel weight. Only other thing I changed was raised my scoop values from the last patch as it helps balance the lower forces better since the new update.
Yep done fresh install,
Il have to check my settings and get back to u

morpwr
29-01-2016, 22:08
If its too heavy just turn down the ffb master

spacepadrille
30-01-2016, 00:38

Hi morpwr ! Can you please share your new scoop values ? Thanks.

LukeC
30-01-2016, 04:27
I noticed a bit of forcefeedback buzz yesterday (nowhere near as severe as in driveclub) but it seemed to be present with all the cars I drove. This morning I noticed the degree of rotation on screen did not match my movements so I recalibrated my wheel. After that I didn't experience any ff buzz in three and a half hours of gameplay. I don't know whether it was the recalibration that did the trick or something else, but it might be worth to give it a try.

Riccardo De Rosa
30-01-2016, 06:41
me and my friend have the same problem with the t300. We have continued disconnections of the steering wheel. It turns on the one hand and locks. We must restart the PS4 when it happens.Now for us it is impossible to play pcars online. It's a software issue for sure because with other game this not happen. This happen only after patch n8.

Theritcha
30-01-2016, 13:42

But it still doesnt explain the slight bumb wen I try fully lock the wheel

Liquid7394
30-01-2016, 13:50
When you go full lock does the wheel bounce back?

morpwr
30-01-2016, 15:08

Not sure I'm understanding what youre trying to explain . There is a bump when you turn the wheel to full lock in either direction?

Theritcha
30-01-2016, 17:23
3/4 full lock either direction, becomes stiff and a feels like a bump , its just very strange

Chipmonk77
30-01-2016, 18:15
That is absolutely normal behaviour with the wheel, cause this is the soft lock. E.g. the T300RS has 1080 (3 complete wheel turns of 360Degree) Degree rotation from end to end. There is the phsysical lock of the wheel. In Game the T300 only turns 900 Degree ( 2,5 full wheel turns from end to end). This makes a difference of 180 Degree, 90 Degree ( a quarter wheel turn ) to the left and 90 Degree to the right.
Your wheel should become stiff and softlock the last 90 Degree of the wheels original 1080 Rotation.
1080 Degree = 1 and a half rotations to each end
900 Degree = 1 and a quarter rotations to each end.
Difference of a quarter rotation is soft locked by becoming very stiff.
Hope this explains it to you...

Theritcha
31-01-2016, 13:18
That is absolutely normal behaviour with the wheel, cause this is the soft lock. E.g. the T300RS has 1080 (3 complete wheel turns of 360Degree) Degree rotation from end to end. There is the phsysical lock of the wheel. In Game the T300 only turns 900 Degree ( 2,5 full wheel turns from end to end). This makes a difference of 180 Degree, 90 Degree ( a quarter wheel turn ) to the left and 90 Degree to the right.
Your wheel should become stiff and softlock the last 90 Degree of the wheels original 1080 Rotation.
1080 Degree = 1 and a half rotations to each end
900 Degree = 1 and a quarter rotations to each end.
Difference of a quarter rotation is soft locked by becoming very stiff.
Hope this explains it to you...

So I should feel a bump before the car wheels of the car are fully locked?

Chipmonk77
31-01-2016, 14:23
It should lock when the cars wheel turns to its maximum. You can see your wheels steering angle on the HUD Screen where the FFB is. It should lock only at the end of this wheels steering range full lock to the left and same to the right.

Theritcha
31-01-2016, 16:16
It should lock when the cars wheel turns to its maximum. You can see your wheels steering angle on the HUD Screen where the FFB is. It should lock only at the end of this wheels steering range full lock to the left and same to the right.

It happens just before full lock on hud,

Riccardo De Rosa
31-01-2016, 18:27
me and my friend have the same problem with the t300. We have continued disconnections of the steering wheel. It turns on the one hand and locks. We must restart the PS4 when it happens.Now for us it is impossible to play pcars online. It's a software issue for sure because with other game this not happen. This happen only after patch n8.

today I made several races offline and the steering wheel has always worked well.
The patch 8 has changed something in online? The problem seems to occur only in online races. I Hope I could help.