PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue with career mode?

Ezuna
22-01-2016, 17:49
I'm generally not one for all these simulated emails / screaming fans etc but -

I'm only about 4 races in so far and it seems to be so scripted....

race 1 : will always be dry
race 2 : will always rain about 2 laps before the pit stop

....it's the 'O here we go AGAIN' type of reaction I'm having.

Is it worth persevering? Does is get less scripted? Do I get endurance races that last a couple of hours etc? Championships that last 20 races etc?

Many thanks

MortICi
22-01-2016, 18:11

Is it worth persevering? Does is get less scripted? Do I get endurance races that last a couple of hours etc? Championships that last 20 races etc?

Many thanks

I am a personal fan of Quick Race and Random, I do like the career for the structure and the "progress" of it. While it can be scripted I don't mind as much as it at least allows me to "prepare" a little better for a race, and reduces the frustration. Either way it varies on what you want. Usually I'm a full grid, with random weather and a 12 lap with good time progression and weather progression type. While I enjoy the 42 lap races a 6 to 12 lap race with the nice weather a time system are just fun for the "I got 30 minutes to play" scenario.

SofiaMatata
22-01-2016, 18:21
It is scripted indeed, which is a shame. Also opponents seem to vary in their skills from track to track making winning championships pretty easy even if you didn't win majority of races, as the winner of first race may end up being seventh on second. But career is kind of purpose driven thing for me, so I like it. Makes me drive more tracks and cars than I would on free play. :)

PostBox981
22-01-2016, 18:46

Many thanks

I started in Renault Clio Cup, did a lot of invitationals and am now doing my second GT4 season, as i loved the GT86 and wanted to do another round. I personally find that the race length sucks a little, as almost all races (I put it to 100%) are still very short, taking about 15-25 min. per race. Itīs always the same: 30 min free practice, 15 min quali and a 6/8/10 lap race, depending on track length. Apart from the few invitationals that have two quali and two race sessions.

I personally like longer races with pit stops, but usually you have that kind of quick race, even with duration at 100%. So far, I didnīt make it up to the top car classes so far.

The weather usually changes between dry, light rain or fog. Last weekend I had an invitational with thunderstorm at Ruapuna, but this seemed to be an exception.

EDIT: My post sounds more negative than I feel about it. Still having tons of fun with career mode. It lead me to drive most of the cars on most of the tracks. But I had to go on persistently, as in the beginning there were millions of races taking place on the British tracks. :adoration:

Plato99
22-01-2016, 20:56
Gave up on career after 10 seasons. Didn't feel like there was any progression to be honest and the weather was so unpredictable it got predictable.
Quick race and occasionally online for me these days, but far more Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront. Need something great to rekindle the PCars flame. Hoping a killer dlc is just around the corner after this months uninspiring release.