PDA

View Full Version : Any more community events after january 29th 2016?

craft900
22-01-2016, 21:12
Hi, I just started the game and noticed there have been 38 total events, and the final two show up as 22nd jan and 29th jan 2016. Are there no more events after this? How do people earn the achievement/trophy for playing 20 events?

Thanks, new to the forums!

skells22
22-01-2016, 22:10
i can help you, there will be more events but at the mo we waiting on the Xbox patch (as per normal for Xbox one users) as its still on 7.0 while everyone else is on 8.0. Also i think there have been other people asking the same question as you

craft900
23-01-2016, 13:32
i can help you, there will be more events but at the mo we waiting on the Xbox patch (as per normal for Xbox one users) as its still on 7.0 while everyone else is on 8.0. Also i think there have been other people asking the same question as you

Ok thanks for the reply, hopefully they add more events soon.

BannockMille
26-01-2016, 15:25
I'm hoping too. It's a big bummer that late adopters can't play community events. :(

artao
31-01-2016, 14:16
I really really don't understand why there haven't been more Community Events added. IMO there should be at least a couple events added every month. There's PLENTY of car/track combos to run.
I've read that the plans for further Community Events will only be with DLC, which is a damn shame and a very misguided decision -- if true. I read this on the pCARS Facebook page, and it was stated by an official pCARS post.
Ridiculous, if you ask me :rolleyes-new:

Turniton
31-01-2016, 22:21
No wonder why a lot of people talk so many bad things about SMS and this game... Creating community events should be an obligation as one of the trophies of the game depends on them. Besides, I can't see any difficulties in creating some simple events that so many racers enjoy taking part of. +1 here who agrees it is at least ridiculous having to wait for DLCs to be able to play some more community events.

dsp2469
15-02-2016, 15:02
No wonder why a lot of people talk so many bad things about SMS and this game... Creating community events should be an obligation as one of the trophies of the game depends on them. Besides, I can't see any difficulties in creating some simple events that so many racers enjoy taking part of. +1 here who agrees it is at least ridiculous having to wait for DLCs to be able to play some more community events.

100% agree!
I used to play Grid autosport on PS3 before buying the PS4 and they had a great weekly events strategy.
Waiting for these events to get the trophy, I've also started recently playing this game.

lq1991
17-02-2016, 01:09
Where can I find the news for new community events? cuz constantly changing the game disk is really annoying

Turniton
18-02-2016, 14:34
Where can I find the news for new community events? cuz constantly changing the game disk is really annoying

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event

dsp2469
18-02-2016, 15:52
http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event

Are these events common to all platforms or this specific link is for PC?
Thanks anyway!

Riccardo De Rosa
21-02-2016, 17:03
check out here. is an Italian community. they are looking for people to fill the starting grid

http://www.iraceonline.com/forum/threads/sondaggio.9906/

Justabit_ginger
26-02-2016, 14:14
If they are all going to be DLC packs to do each one. that really will suck... Can we have some clarification from a SMS Employee? I mean They should start 2016 season by now!

Silraed
04-03-2016, 02:10
If they don't have a new season of community events ready then they need to remove the Steam achievement for participating in 20 community events.

Rockefelluh
24-03-2016, 21:50
This is dissapointing. With the low player count on Xbox and the fact that TT are very broad between car classes (concoles), this is the only place I know I can go to and face some competition.

LTN Coke
06-04-2016, 23:35
Hi I would also like to add my feeling of disappointment at the lack of community events, from what I can see going forward it is going to consist largely of DLC required events, my gaming principles prevent me from buying DLC, I detest DLC because of it's devisive and destructive nature, it fractures the community and destroys the game.

Silraed
08-04-2016, 11:11
my gaming principles prevent me from buying DLC, I detest DLC because of it's devisive and destructive nature, it fractures the community and destroys the game.

I would generally agree with you, but I see pCARS DLC differently. They provide new cars which take a long time and a lot of resources to develop for a very affordable price. It doesn't splinter or split the community with the way they have it implemented, even if you don't own the cars you can still race them online if a server forces them because they are already on your HDD. Nobody is left out.

The racing sim genre in general is a special case, they need to sell DLC to provide new content because of the high costs of creating the content. Not all DLC is bad, it can be done right.

Arthur Ritus
12-04-2016, 11:27
I love the community events, in fact it's true to say that I enjoy the community events most of all so to be stuck with none for ages is very disappointing to say the least.

Having 'invested' lots of time and money on PCars and all the associated DLC I'm starting to feel a bit let down... and I'm now looking forward to the new Gran Turismo - didn't think I'd say that quite so soon.

FR-Alan
13-04-2016, 11:01
Hi I would also like to add my feeling of disappointment at the lack of community events, from what I can see going forward it is going to consist largely of DLC required events, my gaming principles prevent me from buying DLC, I detest DLC because of it's devisive and destructive nature, it fractures the community and destroys the game.
+1 for that.
Community events are based on DLC products, esports needs approx 5 differents DLC to compete with the new season.
That is breaking the community cause you can t enjoy e-sport (what could be the graal for multiplayer) without buying DLC.

Turniton
13-04-2016, 22:23
Funny how taking part in community events is mandatory to achieve the "Community Ambassador" trophy on PS4 and consequently to achieve the Platinum Trophy. I own more than 50 ps4 games and P Cars is THE ONLY ONE you simply CAN'T achieve the Platinum Trophy - not because you are not good enough - but because community events are basically not offered anymore!!! What a shame SMS ... what a shame...

fragsis
14-04-2016, 16:29
Sorry for bad english. The situation is like, Turniton. I have 56 games in progress 100% (all) on the PS4, and now do not have the opportunity to open a trophy for 20 events. Because the entire 2016 came just four events. It remains to hope that the same SMS will open a new season of SMS-R Driver Network Chapionship (2016), dedicated to the release GOTY edition. Or trophy is not received, I do not think that the SMS will release DLC 20 events, they announced pCARS 2 ... Although the release GOTY edition and make it such a surprise to customers is, making just one achievement is impossible... I hope that this problem will not go unnoticed SMS. Since this applies to many players including the PC and the XONE. I would like to hear the answer of the support events.

Arthur Ritus
15-04-2016, 14:07
Thank you for the TS040 Silverstone event which has just arrived. It (and any further events to follow) is very much appreciated.

Perhaps someone could have mentioned it at some point rather than leaving people in the dark, especially as this is the 'Community Events' section...

Either way, thank you very much.

beetes_juice
15-04-2016, 14:18
Its been plastered all over the esports sub-forum (main purpose of the C.E.), main website, etc since the start of 2016.....

Arthur Ritus
16-04-2016, 21:42
Its been plastered all over the esports sub-forum (main purpose of the C.E.), main website, etc since the start of 2016.....

Funny, just like the other posters I thought THIS section was the sub-forum for 'Community Events'. Shame it wasn't plastered over the correct sub-forum rather than e-sports sub-forum. If it's going to be posted in the wrong place then it kinda makes this section rather redundant don't you think?