PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of Le Mans issues, please address

JStalin195
22-01-2016, 23:14
I have been trying to complete the 24 Hours of Le Mans in full length in the WEC for a while on Project Cars, but I keep running into the same issue, disqualifications due to accumulating too many cut track penalties. Now this sounds like it is my fault except for a few things:

1. I recieve a cut track penalty whenever I slide through the sand in one of the chicanes on Mulsanne. Sliding through slows me down by 3-5 seconds so this shouldn't warrant a cut track penalty. This same thing occurs in the Porsche Curves when I go into the grass

2. I recieve a cut track penalty whenever an AI car pushes me off the track. I got DQ'd at Indianaplis once because of this 6 hours in. Going off anywhere around Indianapolis really shouldn't give a cut track penalty anyways because it is slower than being on track around that whole section

3. I accumulate cut track penalties while the AI driver is running for me. It's frustrating to put 14 hours into the race, go to sleep while the AI runs, then wake up and see I was DQ'd.

Please please please fix this in the next update. It is a goal of mine to complete a 24 hour race on all the tracks that have one in real life and with fixing this issue it can easily be achieved. Maybe instead of getting DQ'd after 20 cut track penatlies, we can have it where we all recieve a drive-thru penalty after 5 of them or so. At least I would be able to finish the race then.

Thank you for reading and listening,
JStalin195

beetes_juice
22-01-2016, 23:20
Le Mans was notorious (not sure if it still is) with people track cutting prior to the track limits getting a look over.

While not the most realistic have you tried turning off flags/penalties for the race? For myself, don't think if its worth the headache to run with them on for a 24Hr attempt.

JStalin195
22-01-2016, 23:27
I haven't tried an actual race attempt with them off, but what I did was turn them off, then go there and drive full speed through the Dunlop chicane to see what would happen. I did get a cut track penalty still, so I kind of assumed that with Flag/Penalties on or off I can still get DQ'd for "cutting" too many times. Maybe I should give it a serious attempt with them off once to see what happens. Shame because I like the flags on :/

beetes_juice
22-01-2016, 23:55
Good call on testing it out first.

The track limit and flags in the game are spotty. Some tracks seem okay with the limits and some are bad. It is what it is for now.

Just go with them off, start a test race, and go off track as much as possible to find limit or if it DQ's you. Think the DQ comes around 3-6. Not 100% sure.

BigDad
23-01-2016, 12:06
I have been trying to complete the 24 Hours of Le Mans in full length in the WEC for a while on Project Cars, but I keep running into the same issue, disqualifications due to accumulating too many cut track penalties. Now this sounds like it is my fault except for a few things:

1. I recieve a cut track penalty whenever I slide through the sand in one of the chicanes on Mulsanne. Sliding through slows me down by 3-5 seconds so this shouldn't warrant a cut track penalty. This same thing occurs in the Porsche Curves when I go into the grass

2. I recieve a cut track penalty whenever an AI car pushes me off the track. I got DQ'd at Indianaplis once because of this 6 hours in. Going off anywhere around Indianapolis really shouldn't give a cut track penalty anyways because it is slower than being on track around that whole section

3. I accumulate cut track penalties while the AI driver is running for me. It's frustrating to put 14 hours into the race, go to sleep while the AI runs, then wake up and see I was DQ'd.

Please please please fix this in the next update. It is a goal of mine to complete a 24 hour race on all the tracks that have one in real life and with fixing this issue it can easily be achieved. Maybe instead of getting DQ'd after 20 cut track penatlies, we can have it where we all recieve a drive-thru penalty after 5 of them or so. At least I would be able to finish the race then.

Thank you for reading and listening,
JStalin195
You said you got DQ'd at Indianapolis ? Is that in pcars ?
Might be a noob question . Or is it the name of a corner at Le Mans ?

JStalin195
23-01-2016, 13:23
It is the name of a turn on the track. It is the high banked left hander. Kinda funny because of the track as well haha.

JStalin195
29-01-2016, 15:11
Update:

So I just tested a Qualifying session with Flags & Penalties off. I intentionally shortcutted the track at least 40 times now and I haven't gotten DQ'd yet, so I shall be able to finish the race now on the 19th-20th of February and able to livestream it as well. Thank you SO much Beetes.

beetes_juice
29-01-2016, 15:21
Good luck!