PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars steering wheel braking bug

i-am-the-stig
22-01-2016, 23:53
I've got proof that project Cars will/can break your steering wheel.. At the start of a multiplayer race my car falls from the sky and my thrustmaster t300 started to spin for no reason luckily I stopped the wheel going to the end point Mr bell would be buy me a new wheel as it's his game that would have broke it.. How was this game released and why is the game still in this state.. As you can tell I'm a bit peed off and not happy I've paid a lot for my wheel not for it to get broke by a game that's still full of bugs and not fit for any but a coaster for my cup.. Watch the video from 49 minutes
https://youtu.be/ngl-iZ1gieQ

lollygag
22-01-2016, 23:55
Stop lying, your not the Stig.

i-am-the-stig
22-01-2016, 23:58
This video is going to be posted on inside sim racing forum warning people to be careful when playing this game

J00N10R
23-01-2016, 01:01
wtf, that's messed...

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 08:47
This game is messed up still after 8 patches.. Is this game safe to use with steering wheels or is it not fit for purpose

Ixoye56
23-01-2016, 10:09
What I can see in the video, the steering wheel does not turn faster or harder than it does everytime it calibrates itself at start-up, so it is strange that this incident would ruin the wheel.

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 10:48
How do you know this will not break a steering wheel when a wheel calibrates it is under different forces then a car falling out of the sky.. We need to find out if wheels are safe to use on this game

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-01-2016, 11:21
I have no problem with t500 its better now since update. don't now nothing about t150 send it back get new or test at store where you bought it.

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 11:40
There's nothing wrong with my wheel but Itproves project Cars can/will break your steering wheel as my car fell from the sky then my wheel spun uncontrollably

Sankyo
23-01-2016, 11:49
I think you should post some hard proof instead of posting the same accusation in every posting without any evidence to back it up. Just saying that the wheel "spun uncontrollably" does not prove anything.

Apart from that, a wheel should be able to withstand anything that the driver and firmware allow a game to do with it. If it cannot, it's a design flaw of the wheel and/or driver software.

Sum Dixon-Ear
23-01-2016, 11:55
There's nothing wrong with my wheel but Itproves project Cars can/will break your steering wheel....

What?

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 12:03
I did not spin the wheel the game did with the car falling out of the sky watch the video.. The wheel isn't made for falling cars

Umer Ahmad
23-01-2016, 13:40
A properly built wheel can "protect itself" from all conditions.

KillerFox1978
23-01-2016, 14:17
although that wheel spinning at the start of the race is messed up i doubt it would brake the Wheel as it should stand up to this.
And maybe it would have been better if you had just posted the moment the wheel did the spinning so the dev's can see the issue and not an hour of you pressing the reset button each time you spin!

Theritcha
23-01-2016, 14:21
Hi, I installed new update last night but at the beginning of a race my wheel
locks fully to the right which never happend until now :(
Its definatly the new patch, any1 else having same problems as me??

Theritcha
23-01-2016, 15:07
Also when my car is completely stoped it locks the
Wheel fully to the right, very strange
Because it never happened untill the update

morpwr
23-01-2016, 15:17
Try reseting the wheel if that doesn't work do a fresh install of the game after deleting all your saved data for the game. Before anybody blasts me yes I know we shouldn't have to do this but it works in most cases.

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 15:43
If the wheel can't stand up to this will Ian Bell replace the wheel as it his game that broke it

Short video for so called devs https://youtu.be/uDXyGnOxW5I

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 15:55
A properly built wheel can "protect itself" from all conditions.

How do you know do you work for thrustmaster

Theritcha
23-01-2016, 17:04
Try reseting the wheel if that doesn't work do a fresh install of the game after deleting all your saved data for the game. Before anybody blasts me yes I know we shouldn't have to do this but it works in most cases.
As in all update files too? If ut doesnt work what shud I do?
Thanks for the help :)

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 17:05
All I want to know if this game dose brake my wheel will Ian Bell replace it

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 19:37
although that wheel spinning at the start of the race is messed up i doubt it would brake the Wheel as it should stand up to this.
And maybe it would have been better if you had just posted the moment the wheel did the spinning so the dev's can see the issue and not an hour of you pressing the reset button each time you spin!

The reason I spin is another bug on the game that needs fixing for some reason you lose all traction and spin out

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-01-2016, 20:08
what are your in car settings and sensitivity on the brake and deadzone ?

Sankyo
23-01-2016, 20:13
All I want to know if this game dose brake my wheel will Ian Bell replace it
Games don't break wheels. Bad wheel quality breaks wheels.

Liquid7394
23-01-2016, 20:46
So are we just going to ignore the fact his race was ruined because his car was thrown on the grid with missing wheels?

KillerFox1978
23-01-2016, 22:14
The reason I spin is another bug on the game that needs fixing for some reason you lose all traction and spin out

check sensitivity on throttle and deadzone too you might not have set right and you are in fact wheel spinning which is spinning you.
sorry was being bit harsh as i hate that reset button it should be band as it does not encourage better racing and is more of a hindrance and is very annoying when cars just pop back on to the middle of the track in front of you!

anyway that is a rubbish problem and they should fix this issue along with a whole host of problems. but as i said it most prob will not brake your wheel they can handle greater forces then that.

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 23:15
Games don't break wheels. Bad wheel quality breaks wheels.

So your saying my wheel is bad quality then

Sum Dixon-Ear
23-01-2016, 23:26
So your saying my wheel is bad quality then

Is it broken or just fine, as you said earlier?

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 23:29
Is it broken or just fine, as you said earlier?

It's fine because because I stopped it going to then end point the hardware only dose what the software tells it to do and you don't start a race falling out of the sky

Sum Dixon-Ear
23-01-2016, 23:32
How do you know that it would break by hitting the hard stops? If you stopped it that easily it wasn't really very likely to ruin the wheel...

i-am-the-stig
23-01-2016, 23:35
How do you know that it would break by hitting the hard stops? If you stopped it that easily it wasn't really very likely to ruin the wheel...
You don't know that as a steering wheel isn't made for cars falling out of the sky and you don't work for thrustmaster

Sum Dixon-Ear
23-01-2016, 23:51
I give up, good luck.

i-am-the-stig
24-01-2016, 00:01
My rubbish steering wheel is never going to be used on this game as they cost too much money to get broken by bad software that's full of bugs

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 13:13
So are we just going to ignore the fact his race was ruined because his car was thrown on the grid with missing wheels?
I guess we are. "No game breaking bugs" they say, smh.

Sankyo
24-01-2016, 13:25
You don't know that as a steering wheel isn't made for cars falling out of the sky and you don't work for thrustmaster
Virtual cars falling out of the sky has nothing to do with your wheel breaking. These cars are not real, so what would break a real car is not going to break your toy wheel (sorry, don't know how else to say it) when the virtual cars on your computer screen fall out of the sky.

There is a limit to how strong FFB forces can be, and something strange like cars falling out of the sky in the game is not going to make the FFB 10 times as strong, like how the force on the suspension of a real car would become 10 times as high when it was dropped from 5 meters high. It's a computer game, the forces in it are not real, and what is fed to your wheel is limited in strength. Hence, the FFB will not destroy your wheel even if the virtual cars would go 1000 mph and crash into each other.

Robsharples
24-01-2016, 13:59
Everyone is talking about this on Vrroom.org to. Is there a problem with the wheels on this game because i to constantly keep getting loss of ffb and a grinding noise??? Hopefully Assetto Corsa doesn't have these problems.

Sankyo
24-01-2016, 15:21
Everyone is talking about this on Vrroom.org to. Is there a problem with the wheels on this game because i to constantly keep getting loss of ffb and a grinding noise??? Hopefully Assetto Corsa doesn't have these problems.

Are you on the latest patch now? If yes, did you try and reset your controller settings in the game and set it up again? Are there any special circumstances when FFB loss and/or the grinding noise happen?

Robsharples
24-01-2016, 15:36
I have the latest patch but no i haven't tried resetting the settings. Thank you and i will try this tonight.

Sum Dixon-Ear
24-01-2016, 15:46
I'm not on the same platform (PS4 v Patch 8.0), I have reset the wheel in game and the FFB still randomly disappears (or, perhaps more accurately, is incredibly weak but still barely discernable... (you can feel something, very light weight transfer perhaps) after first exit from the pits or spawning onto a P2P track for the first time in a session/race. Usually, powering cycling the wheel fixes the issue but occasionally causes a game crash. The engine sound drop out seems to have become more frequent since the latest update as well.

i-am-the-stig
24-01-2016, 16:58
Virtual cars falling out of the sky has nothing to do with your wheel breaking. These cars are not real, so what would break a real car is not going to break your toy wheel (sorry, don't know how else to say it) when the virtual cars on your computer screen fall out of the sky.

There is a limit to how strong FFB forces can be, and something strange like cars falling out of the sky in the game is not going to make the FFB 10 times as strong, like how the force on the suspension of a real car would become 10 times as high when it was dropped from 5 meters high. It's a computer game, the forces in it are not real, and what is fed to your wheel is limited in strength. Hence, the FFB will not destroy your wheel even if the virtual cars would go 1000 mph and crash into each other.

So if you are wrong are you going to replace it or have it repaired

i-am-the-stig
24-01-2016, 18:51
The problem with this game is that the game has control over your steering wheel even though you are not racing and that can cause problems

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 19:12
Wheel grinding is a known problem. It's been happening since WMD days apparently. Thread below.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41582-Wheel-Grinding-Vibration-Bug-(Video-Incuded)

FFB fading has been complained about a lot as well. Unfortunately there is no fix in sight for either issue.

Sankyo
24-01-2016, 19:24
OK that was enough fun for today, thread closed.