PDA

View Full Version : [NO] can you roll back patch 8 on the ps4??

Madmazz116
23-01-2016, 22:03
sorry I dont like what its done to the tyres some cars like the prototype 2 seem broken in the rain ..i did a 25 lap solo race with x4 tyre wear, and when the rain was on the tyres wore out completely with after 2 laps same with renault clio

Patch 7 was better , some cars are like they are on ice in the rain ,,,i hate it sorry...so can I roll back a patch?

Liquid7394
23-01-2016, 22:10
No.

TheReaper GT
23-01-2016, 22:15
If you are on 4x the wear it's normal to destroy slicks on the wet

Madmazz116
23-01-2016, 22:25
If you are on 4x the wear it's normal to destroy slicks on the wet

no these are wet tyres in the rain same on the renault clio, and the radical prototype 2

LukeC
23-01-2016, 22:32
sorry I dont like what its done to the tyres some cars like the prototype 2 seem broken in the rain ..i did a 25 lap solo race with x4 tyre wear, and when the rain was on the tyres wore out completely with after 2 laps same with renault clio

Patch 7 was better , some cars are like they are on ice in the rain ,,,i hate it sorry...so can I roll back a patch?

The levels of grip in the wet are now more realistic and the tyre heating/cooling rates are likewise more realistic than in patch 7.0, so it wouldn't make much sense it go back to patch 7.0.

Umer Ahmad
24-01-2016, 00:18
To directly answer the question: No

Human_bean
24-01-2016, 01:15
http://i.imgur.com/hAHt5dq.gif

biggbaddwolf
24-01-2016, 01:39
Why not just put tire wear to "real" instead of 4X. That seems like a logical thing to do :moody:

madmax2069
24-01-2016, 02:59
with x4 tyre wear

That right here is your problem. Put that on realistic and you wont tear through them so easily.

Why is it that people complain about wear rates but dont even use realistic wear rates.

JessicaWalter
24-01-2016, 04:05
That right here is your problem. Put that on realistic and you wont tear through them so easily.

Why is it that people complain about wear rates but dont even use realistic wear rates.

because complaining is the most fun part of the game. silly me, i used to think the gameplay was the fun part. ive learned a lot from these forums, and the internet in general. /s

biggbaddwolf
24-01-2016, 07:40
I think all the accelerated tire wear baloney started in Gran Turismo. Some online lobbies had it set up where you had to pit five times in a ten lap race..what the hell fun is that?

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 10:36

well by that logic then i'll get 4 laps out of the car instead of 2 ..call that realistic?

Ok I did a 25 lap race full rain with tyre wear set to SLOW..I had to pit after lap 12 and 24 the Ai didnt pit ONCE..tyre wear in the rain is clearly BROKEN!

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 12:27
Can you make a video showing this?

JessicaWalter
24-01-2016, 12:45
well by that logic then i'll get 4 laps out of the car instead of 2 ..call that realistic?

how does that work? if you have it on 4x tire wear and you're getting 2 laps, then real wear would give you 8 laps...unless my math is wrong

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 12:58
Can you make a video showing this?

I dont know how to do that..set up a solo race in the rain 25 lap , try on x4 wear after about 2 laps front tyres are gone, then try on normal you get about 4-5 laps

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 13:08
I don't have the issue you described, that's why I asked for a video. You can make a video using the share button, look on Google for more info.

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 13:55
I don't have the issue you described, that's why I asked for a video. You can make a video using the share button, look on Google for more info.

just set up a solo race in the rain use the smaller prototype 2 car is it called radical prototype 2 or something or even the renault clio , 25 laps tyre wear x 4 and see how bad the tyre wear is in the rain

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 14:31
how does that work? if you have it on 4x tire wear and you're getting 2 laps, then real wear would give you 8 laps...unless my math is wrong

your right sorry , but 8 laps in the rain on normal wear ? thats not right

Umer Ahmad
24-01-2016, 14:54
How do you know they are fully worn? Can you upload telemetry picture?

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 15:16
How do you know they are fully worn? Can you upload telemetry picture?

I dont know how to do that , go try it set up a solo race in the rain, front tyres on x 4 wear completely gone ie no green , on normal take about 5-6 laps

Shi
24-01-2016, 15:51

Your plattfrom is PC. Why do you care?

Haiden
24-01-2016, 16:39
http://i.imgur.com/hAHt5dq.gif

Okay...this^^ had me rolling. That's exactly how all this back and forth on the tire model feels. Thank you!

just set up a solo race in the rain use the smaller prototype 2 car is it called radical prototype 2 or something or even the renault clio , 25 laps tyre wear x 4 and see how bad the tyre wear is in the rain

I dont know how to do that , go try it set up a solo race in the rain, front tyres on x 4 wear completely gone ie no green , on normal take about 5-6 laps

I think you should really figure out how to post a video--it's not hard, takes less time than it took you to write the posts you've made here. Without a video, there's no way to tell if it's the game, or if it's your driving style that's eating up the tires. You could be scrubbing the crap out of them, for all we know. Why should someone else run a 25 lap races to test something that might not even be a game issue?

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 17:03
Okay...this^^ had me rolling. That's exactly how all this back and forth on the tire model feels. Thank you!

I think you should really figure out how to post a video--it's not hard, takes less time than it took you to write the posts you've made here. Without a video, there's no way to tell if it's the game, or if it's your driving style that's eating up the tires. You could be scrubbing the crap out of them, for all we know. Why should someone else run a 25 lap races to test something that might not even be a game issue?

fair enough , here is a link to a vid I put up on you tube , its 25 laps x4 tyre wear in full rain , i did 2 laps check the front tyre wear at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_5WArha0q8&feature=youtu.be

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 17:10
Your plattfrom is PC. Why do you care?

sorry that was an error its Ps4

sirsilver1968
24-01-2016, 18:45
I used the Clio at donnington national in the rain and tyre wear set at x4 after 5 laps my fronts were down by about a quarter and slightly worn on the rears.
To me it's down to driving style as I always adopt a slow in fast out approach that looks after my tyres, consistency and smooth approaches are key, apologies for stating the obvious here.

I am very happy with patch 8 overall

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 18:49
I used the Clio at donnington national in the rain and tyre wear set at x4 after 5 laps my fronts were down by about a quarter and slightly worn on the rears.
To me it's down to driving style as I always adopt a slow in fast out approach that looks after my tyres, consistency and smooth approaches are key, apologies for stating the obvious here.

I am very happy with patch 8 overall

ok, but do you think the wear I had in my vid was down to my driving? I wasnt overly aggresive yeh I went off a couple of times but 2 laps?

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 19:02
No offense, but your driving wasn't really that smooth from the looks of it. I'd recommend sticking to real tyre wear and try to be a little smoother when turning, you may also be scrubbing you're tyres. If you can upload a video using the telemetry HUD then we'll be able to see your steering inputs better.

Haiden
24-01-2016, 20:13
fair enough , here is a link to a vid I put up on you tube , its 25 laps x4 tyre wear in full rain , i did 2 laps check the front tyre wear at the end

I could be wrong, because there is no telemetry, but judging by the line you're taking through the corners and the sound of your engine, I'd say you're scrubbing the hell out of those tires. Try finding a line to drive and stop running wheel to wheel with the other cars, until you setup your pass and are ready to execute the overtake. That will allow you drive smoother. Being smooth is key for tire management. Pick lines that allow you to use the as little steering input as possible through corners.

Sankyo
25-01-2016, 06:58
To make sure that the Radical's tyres are wearing faster than other tyres, could anyone do a race with the same car/track/tyre wear as the OP and see if they can make the tyres last longer?

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 07:02
I will try the radical this afternoon and report back i will use the pad first then i will use my g29

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 08:02
I will also give it a try this afternoon, but judging from the video I doubt it is a tyre problem as the car rarely ever drove in a straight line. Made me curious.

Did you use default setup or did you adapt anything?

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 08:30
I will also give it a try this afternoon, but judging from the video I doubt it is a tyre problem as the car rarely ever drove in a straight line. Made me curious.

Did you use default setup or did you adapt anything?

Yes just the default setup , I hear what your saying re my driving I'm not good at it, but other cars I've tried in the rain don't wear that quick that's all.

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 08:36
Yes just the default setup , I hear what your saying re my driving I'm not good at it, but other cars I've tried in the rain don't wear that quick that's all.

It is just a first impression from the video. But too early to really say anything without trying it myself.

Invincible
25-01-2016, 08:41

I am wearing through the tires rather fast with the Radical. With the default setup, the two trackday Radicals are really prone to understeer. So you should maybe tweak the setup a bit to reduce brake / corner entry understeer.

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 11:34
I am wearing through the tires rather fast with the Radical. With the default setup, the two trackday Radicals are really prone to understeer. So you should maybe tweak the setup a bit to reduce brake / corner entry understeer.

ok fair enough if you think there isnt a problem here, but i should be able to play with the default setup, im not that good at the game anyway so playing around with all the setups isnt my thing I like to just set up a race to my liking and drive.

I can do it with the other cars, I did experiance a similar thing with one of the renault cars, the saloon type?..anyway i appreciate all your help, gues I'll just have to boycott that car..lol..thanks again guys.

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 11:43
ok fair enough if you think there isnt a problem here, but i should be able to play with the default setup, im not that good at the game anyway so playing around with all the setups isnt my thing I like to just set up a race to my liking and drive.

I can do it with the other cars, I did experiance a similar thing with one of the renault cars, the saloon type?..anyway i appreciate all your help, gues I'll just have to boycott that car..lol..thanks again guys.

I understand your point, but some car/track combinations are no joy using the default setup. And believe me it is fun to work on a setup and see the lap times dropping (I am not technical genius either). If a car feels terrible, you might want to have a look at the setup database in the help section of this site: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

miagi
25-01-2016, 11:47
Maybe someone already wrote it but the way accelerated wear works is not necessarily realistic. The tire nearly doesn't wear going straight. So it doesn't really wear on accelerated wear going straight. You can see in the profiler on pc that cornering, braking and acceleration give them "jumps of wear". But a lock up or a drift will give more wear than normal driving in real wear. On accelerated wear such a move can cost you 1-2 laps of rubber or more. What esp. with higher accelerated wear rates gets unrealistic severe for skids and even small slides, not to mention big lock ups.

So to also reply something to post #1 it could very well be your driving too.

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 12:03
Maybe someone already wrote it but the way accelerated wear works is not necessarily realistic. The tire nearly doesn't wear going straight. So it doesn't really wear on accelerated wear going straight. You can see in the profiler on pc that cornering, braking and acceleration give them "jumps of wear". But a lock up or a drift will give more wear than normal driving in real wear. On accelerated wear such a move can cost you 1-2 laps of rubber or more. What esp. with higher accelerated wear rates gets unrealistic severe for skids and even small slides, not to mention big lock ups.

So to also reply something to post #1 it could very well be your driving too.

ok but why doesnt it happen with other cars?..i can play the formula c cars with tyre wear x 4 no problem, and the Ai is the same as me pits around about the same time sometimes 1 or 2 laps later etc , thats great for me, feels realistic I have bad tyre wear so do they, (remember this problem im citing is only in the rain) the radical in the dry is fine. in the rain , 2 laps as per my vid, I dont think its right as the Ai carrys on , they dont pit, but if i play in the dry the Ai will pit within a lap or two of when i do ..see my point?..

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 16:05
I have to apologize to Madmazz, his claims seem legit. I just did several laps in the conditions he posted and it is true, within two laps the Radical's front tyres are gone. Raising the pressure made them last 2,5 laps - and I was driving gently like a sunday driver with only a 1:36 lap.

Interesting is, that the pCars Dash shows way lower tyre wear, roughly the half.

I did a cross check with the LMP3 Caterham and the LMP900 BMW V12 - their tyres were gone within 1 lap!

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 16:28
Here are my results

pad

https://youtu.be/Zb8S4yGXOfo

G29

https://youtu.be/78cIgL45u_Y

As you can see with the wheel i was able to do a full 15 minutes with loads of tread to spare, the pad was a little more unforgiving but i still stand by what i say, its all about how you drive these cars.

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 16:32
ok we seem to have a conflict of results...lol

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 16:42
Here are my results

pad

G29

As you can see with the wheel i was able to do a full 15 minutes with loads of tread to spare, the pad was a little more unforgiving but i still stand by what i say, its all about how you drive these cars.

and this was on tyre wear x 4?

Sampo
25-01-2016, 16:42
I have to apologize to Madmazz, his claims seem legit. I just did several laps in the conditions he posted and it is true, within two laps the Radical's front tyres are gone. Raising the pressure made them last 2,5 laps - and I was driving gently like a sunday driver with only a 1:36 lap.

Interesting is, that the pCars Dash shows way lower tyre wear, roughly the half.

Hasn't the ingame HUD always shown the first 50% of the tread only in the wear indicator? I might remember wrong though.

Edit: Or was it that it's showing only the tread wear and not the whole tyre? I don't even know why I answered, since I don't know. :)

beetes_juice
25-01-2016, 16:46
ok we seem to have a conflict of results...lol

Give it some time. Many people will give this a run to see whats up....you could be on to something.

*Started from post 1 and figured the guy was going to get hammered with the types of reply's we saw in the tire discussion thread a few weeks ago. :( Made it to last page...seems eveyone is keeping it civil. :D

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 16:49
and this was on tyre wear x 4?

Yep x4 wear

I will give the caterham a run see how i go

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 16:54
Yep x4 wear

ok really appreciate you trying it out...still doesnt make sense though as the post before yours replicated my problem. Maybe it is just me...but I would have thought that Don Rudi would have had your results if he was driving like a sunday driver , as it seemed in your vid. Have to say Sirsilver i cant see you driving like that in a race against the Ai

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 16:58

I did a cross check with the LMP3 Caterham and the LMP900 BMW V12 - their tyres were gone within 1 lap!

Thanks for doing that man, much appreciated.

Sampo
25-01-2016, 17:00
Found the post about the tyre wear indicator:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page45&p=1094635#post1094635

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 17:05
Here are my results

pad

G29

Now comes the fun part - Madmazz and I were driving on the Nurburgring Sprint layout. After watching your video, I took the Radical to the GP layout and was able to drive 2:11 laptimes with considerably lower tyre wear than on the Sprint layout. Could this be related to the track somehow? Doesn't make sense to me as it is the same track, just shorter?!? I'm confused.

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 17:07
Now comes the fun part - Madmazz and I were driving on the Nurburgring Sprint layout. After watching your video, I took the Radical to the GP layout and was able to drive 2:11 laptimes with considerably lower tyre wear than on the Sprint layout. Could this be related to the track somehow? Doesn't make sense to me as it is the same track, just shorter?!? I'm confused.

oh ok I'll have to try that when I get home later. I'll post tomorrow.

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 17:13

Interesting ill try that now

https://youtu.be/S-E0NjCs7fI

5 lap race with the caterham

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 18:26
A little update from my side - I just did a 15 minute race at the Nurby GP layout in a default Radical. skidded sideways once on the last lap, that cost me 1/3 of my front left tyre, but else not problems. Front right was still about 30-40% intact.

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 18:30
Interesting ill try that now

https://youtu.be/S-E0NjCs7fI

5 lap race with the caterham

Amazing - hard to believe it really is 4x tyre wear. It is a great training lesson and I guess I need to further adapt my driving style.
Stupid question, but do FFB settings influence tyre wear?!

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 18:43
2 things that I believe keep my tyres in good shape, smooth throttle control upon exit and smooth braking upon entry.

Don Rudi
25-01-2016, 18:47
2 things that I believe keep my tyres in good shape, smooth throttle control upon exit and smooth braking upon entry.

This thread already helped me to improve my driving, hope Madmazz benefits as well

sirsilver1968
25-01-2016, 18:53
Don Rudi;1219804]Amazing - hard to believe it really is 4x tyre wear. It is a great training lesson and I guess I need to further adapt my driving style.
Stupid question, but do FFB settings influence tyre wear?!

Lots of Factors determine tyre wear, driving style, car setup and I find if the setup is incorrect the ffb is a good indicator of car behaviour.

sirsilver1968
26-01-2016, 07:23
I have found that using the pad on a default car setting is a lot more unforgiving than my g29, i tried the palmer jaguar around Nurburg sprint, 5 lap race and my fronts were worn by about a third, the steering is way too sensitive for me, so i adjusted the steering ratio and that helped a lot.

Don Rudi
26-01-2016, 07:54
I have found that using the pad on a default car setting is a lot more unforgiving than my g29, i tried the palmer jaguar around Nurburg sprint, 5 lap race and my fronts were worn by about a third, the steering is way too sensitive for me, so i adjusted the steering ratio and that helped a lot.

But a third still is more than a good value. Keeping in mind we are talking about 4x tyre wear that'd mean a wear of 30% in 20 laps. Doesn't really sound realistic either. After our discussion yesterday I did a longer rain race at Nurburgring GP in the Radical with normal tyre wear and that was really great fun and entertaining.

madmax2069
26-01-2016, 09:06

Well the in game tire wear indicators I do believe only shows you the first 50% of the tire wear, it doesn't show you the full 100%. Once the tire wear reaches 50% the in game wear indicators will show no color remaining.

Madmazz116
26-01-2016, 09:12
ok so reading all your posts here it sems the problem is my driving.....im so shit at this game..lol..any i wanna say thank you to you all especially Don Rudi and Sirsilver....I will avoid the radical...lol..cheers guys.

Don Rudi
26-01-2016, 11:03
ok so reading all your posts here it sems the problem is my driving.....im so shit at this game..lol..any i wanna say thank you to you all especially Don Rudi and Sirsilver....I will avoid the radical...lol..cheers guys.

You're welcome. Don't give up on the Radical - I recommend to closely watch SirSilver's videos again and try to adopt his style of driving. It looks slow, but in regards of lap times it is fast and I beat the AI set to 80% with it easily. Without a real car setup and never having driven the Radical before. Give it another try ;)

Madmazz116
26-01-2016, 11:29
You're welcome. Don't give up on the Radical - I recommend to closely watch SirSilver's videos again and try to adopt his style of driving. It looks slow, but in regards of lap times it is fast and I beat the AI set to 80% with it easily. Without a real car setup and never having driven the Radical before. Give it another try ;)

Ok i will, but is that type of car prone to more wear on tyres than others then?...just curious as to why I dont have the problem with other cars...and what is FFB?

Don Rudi
26-01-2016, 12:59
Ok i will, but is that type of car prone to more wear on tyres than others then?...just curious as to why I dont have the problem with other cars...and what is FFB?

From what I experienced the LMP cars are more prone to this, the touring cars and GT cars had less wear.
FFB = Force FeedBack

Madmazz116
26-01-2016, 13:10
From what I experienced the LMP cars are more prone to this, the touring cars and GT cars had less wear.
FFB = Force FeedBack

ok thanks, dont have a wheel so no probs, thanks again!

sirsilver1968
26-01-2016, 13:20
Dont give up on the radical, its a great drive and just requires lots of practice and experimenting with different setups, there is a car setup database on this forum you should definitely check it out, i`m not a fast driver but my strength lies in my consistency and i love endurance

thanks for the kind words guys, i will help as much as i can :)

Madmazz116
26-01-2016, 15:30
Dont give up on the radical, its a great drive and just requires lots of practice and experimenting with different setups, there is a car setup database on this forum you should definitely check it out, i`m not a fast driver but my strength lies in my consistency and i love endurance

I cant mate , Im quite an aggresive driver so I like to just "jump in" as it were, but i appreciate all your efforts, theres plenty more for me to drive..lol..i'll just stick to dry weather with that car , seems fine in that.

sirsilver1968
26-01-2016, 18:42
I cant mate , Im quite an aggresive driver so I like to just "jump in" as it were, but i appreciate all your efforts, theres plenty more for me to drive..lol..i'll just stick to dry weather with that car , seems fine in that.

Unfortunately project cars is not really a pick up and play type of game, in order to get the best out of it you need to tweak and adjust settings especially if you use a wheel

sirsilver1968
27-01-2016, 04:35
Well the in game tire wear indicators I do believe only shows you the first 50% of the tire wear, it doesn't show you the full 100%. Once the tire wear reaches 50% the in game wear indicators will show no color remaining.

This is correct as the pcars dash app shows 50% wear something i did not know till now.

Madmazz116
27-01-2016, 12:52

you know i still cant get my head around this, I know you've done your vids etc, but why is the tyre wear so much worse in the rain than in the dry on this car?, surely if the wear was as it should be wouldnt it wear just as much in the dry , maybe more with slicks?

sirsilver1968
27-01-2016, 15:14
i would say in wet conditions you are more likely to lock up under braking, lose traction and spin out, watch my videos again and you will see that i never go into a corner under heavy braking and the same applies coming out of the apex, i do not floor the gas its all smooth and gradual, that is what keeps my tyres from chewing up.

RomKnight
27-01-2016, 15:18
^^saves fuel too ;)

sirsilver1968
27-01-2016, 16:48
^^saves fuel too ;)

So true :)

madmax2069
27-01-2016, 18:26
you know i still cant get my head around this, I know you've done your vids etc, but why is the tyre wear so much worse in the rain than in the dry on this car?, surely if the wear was as it should be wouldnt it wear just as much in the dry , maybe more with slicks?

Rain tires are made up of pretty soft compound (they're softer then soft slicks to help them stick to the track in the rain). And being that the rain tires are grooved/treaded they don't have as much rubber as slicks to scrub away. The softer the tire the shorter its life will be, the rain helps counterbalance this because the rain will keep tire temps in check and a wet surface is more slick then a dry surface, but the nature of the rain tires will still wear out really fast when you scrub them.

Ive seen many rain tires that are just made out of soft slicks, where the tires are grooved when needed for rain. But even then you still have less rubber to scrub away due to the tire now having tread.

Madmazz116
28-01-2016, 10:40
Rain tires are made up of pretty soft compound (they're softer then soft slicks to help them stick to the track in the rain). And being that the rain tires are grooved/treaded they don't have as much rubber as slicks to scrub away. The softer the tire the shorter its life will be, the rain helps counterbalance this because the rain will keep tire temps in check and a wet surface is more slick then a dry surface, but the nature of the rain tires will still wear out really fast when you scrub them.

Ive seen many rain tires that are just made out of soft slicks, where the tires are grooved when needed for rain. But even then you still have less rubber to scrub away due to the tire now having tread.

ok thanks, guess i'll just have to practice more and fiddle with the settings...lol....cheers guys.