PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a silly question but....

Konan
23-01-2016, 21:30
...I was just wondering what will happen to this forum after the support of the game has stopped?
Will it be shut down or will it keep on existing to pose important questions and ask for help?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-01-2016, 21:39
It is yet unconfirmed when support for the game will actually stop. DLC's will stop in the near future, but that doesn't necessarily mean that other patching won't be done.

John Hargreaves
23-01-2016, 21:41
SMS will be putting their energy into bringing us pCars2, and there will still be plenty of us left either helping out people new to the game, or developing the very promising mods that are starting to appear.

Or whinging about stuff.

Or turning every thread into a car request.

Most of the support that people get here is voluntary stuff from the community, so there is no reason for that to stop if we are still playing the game, and I don't see anything in the pipeline to jeopardise that.

TheReaper GT
23-01-2016, 21:44
SMS will be putting their energy into bringing us pCars2, and there will still be plenty of us left either helping out people new to the game, or developing the very promising mods that are starting to appear.

Or whinging about stuff.

Ford GT GTE please :D

Just kidding, I think this forum could be a sub forum of a major sms forum for pcars 2...it's pretty easy to do with v bulletin, if they need any help, I'm up to the task... I love vbulletin

Konan
23-01-2016, 21:45

Or whinging about stuff.

Yep,it always seems to go in that direction i'm sorry to say....anyway,thanks for the answers guys...

kevin kirk
24-01-2016, 00:17
don't we still have another year with this game?

Joshua Healy
24-01-2016, 00:24
There's no reason this forum won't stay open for us to discuss the game. I'd imagine it'll stay active right up until the pcars2 forum opens (no word yet on whether it'll be merged or seperate though)

Mahjik
24-01-2016, 01:00
There's no reason this forum won't stay open for us to discuss the game. I'd imagine it'll stay active right up until the pcars2 forum opens (no word yet on whether it'll be merged or seperate though)

^^Pretty much this..

Kruleworld
24-01-2016, 06:50
what will happen is the same as all game-forums when a new version comes out. this will be moved to a sub-forum and will continue for the few that need or want to stay with version 1, while everyone else goes to the pcars2 forum to discuss that version. i don't see a point in shutting it down or otherwise deleting all the valuable content.

Ryzza5
24-01-2016, 08:38
One popular strategy is to have a corner of the sequel forums dedicated to previous version(s). It's much too early to be worried about that though.

Konan
24-01-2016, 16:37
One popular strategy is to have a corner of the sequel forums dedicated to previous version(s). It's much too early to be worried about that though.

I don't think so...support is only going to continue for about three months now...that's not long from now so i think the question was legit...
Anyway,i'm pretty satisfied with the answers so my concerns are pretty much vanished...

TheReaper GT
24-01-2016, 16:40
I don't think so...support is only going to continue for about three months now...that's not long from now so i think the question was legit...
Anyway,i'm pretty satisfied with the answers so my concerns are pretty much vanished...
Dlc release, support will continue to pcars 2 arrives or all bugs were ironed

Konan
24-01-2016, 17:44

Just re-read Ian's post...you're right,it's actually about DLC release....
Thanks for the clarification mate...

Liquid7394
24-01-2016, 17:47
don't we still have another year with this game?
Not for DLC. How long we will continue to get patches for is unknown.

Mahjik
24-01-2016, 17:48

Just to clarify, Ian's comment was solely about DLC. Nothing has been officially said about "support". We are assuming right now about "support", but I agree with you that seems likely but patches coming out less frequent than monthly.

Konan
24-01-2016, 17:51
Just to clarify, Ian's comment was solely about DLC. Nothing has been officially said about "support". We are assuming right now about "support", but I agree with you that seems likely but patches coming out less frequent than monthly.

Which is understandable...I just wanted to know if this forum will remain open...

artao
24-01-2016, 22:48
We damn well better get continued support for pCARS WELL beyond another year!! This game isn't a beta-test for pCARS 2. :\

F1_Racer68
24-01-2016, 23:12
Ford GT GTE please :D

Just kidding, I think this forum could be a sub forum of a major sms forum for pcars 2...it's pretty easy to do with v bulletin, if they need any help, I'm up to the task... I love vbulletin

Uhm.... YES PLEASE!!!!!

My current desktop wallpaper....

As for the forum, I would expect the forum to evolve into pCARS1 and pCARS2 branches of the same site. Each game being a sub within the Project CARS official forum. I don't see any reason for it to end or shut down just because the franchise has evolved. THat's how most companies tend to handle it anyways. A main forum broken into sections specific to each version.