PDA

View Full Version : Pitting and Replay Issue - Silverstone Classic

slider916
24-01-2016, 02:56
Racing the LMP900 Bentley at Silverstone Classic.
The car would just speed through the pits without stopping.
Also, When accessing the replay it would just fixate on the crowd and lockup the game completely.

Mahjik
24-01-2016, 03:03
What platform are you using? Was this single player or online? Which pit stall did you have?

slider916
24-01-2016, 03:31
PC
Single Player
2nd Pit Stall in from the front

Mahjik
24-01-2016, 03:50
Thanks. It may be pit spot specific. I'll see if I can replicate it.

slider916
24-01-2016, 14:41
FYI - I was running a 20 minute race when this was happening. Haven't tried a lap race.

N0body Of The Goat
24-01-2016, 15:17
Try different "racing lines" while you still have control on the pit lane entry, I think you need to stay over to the right of the pit entry lane before the final 90-degree right bend to then get the AI to pit correctly for you.

However, when pitting is going to happen the AI will scrape the car against the right wall on the way to the pit, travelling quite slow (~10kph?) instead of a normal pit limiter speed.

Mahjik
24-01-2016, 17:43
Thanks. It may be pit spot specific. I'll see if I can replicate it.

I was able to repo it and reported it to the devs. It's a similar issue that was addressed on a few other tracks (and is pit stall specific).

slider916
24-01-2016, 21:38
Glad you were able to replicate it, and hopefully the devs will be able to fix it.

sloppysmusic
04-02-2016, 05:05
Just had same darn bug...JUST got hall of fame...with defending champ glitch (got it but dont show it on left)...ran the lotus at silverstone classic invitation ..thought YAY finish with some fun...rains like hell 3 laps then stops so i think ah pit time, with a 12 second lead..no problem. Go in pits...tire options are SOFT or MEDIUM...no wet...so i go decided soft...except i CANT! once i view MEDIUM then its locked on MEDIUM..oh well..lets check the tire pressures..CANNOT even them out...minor thing but 1.97 on front left 1.96 on right..same with rear, evens and odds only....whatever i decide i cant lose this anyways...select X then car speeds up thru pits and screeches to a standstill...NOTHING...8 seconds later i decide SWAP DRIVER...then off the car speeds to LOSE the race..SIGH..about to restart...chose 1968 tires this time..hope they good in wet AND dry,,only other option is AUTOMATIC...??
Are these 1968 tires all weather? Im about to find out...

EDIT:
at start of race I decide create to pit strategy for this car...same bug as before..shows SOFT..then go MEDIUM and cant go back to softs...but CAN edit TP's to what im using in race..NOT going to pit this time..maybe if i have the time/patience i will go back and see if the pit works by just running the race again next season....NO 1968 tires shown in pit strategy....whatever they are?

sloppysmusic
04-02-2016, 05:28
note: made it thru race with the 1968s...no difference in handling at all between wet and dry except i had trouble getting thru the chicane at any speed or grip when the weather was dry..no trouble in wet.

Grunotti
04-02-2016, 06:43
Isnt this the same kind of problem i have???
Does it depends on the place in the pit??

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44672-ai-pitstop-problems

Mahjik
04-02-2016, 14:27
Isnt this the same kind of problem i have???
Does it depends on the place in the pit??

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44672-ai-pitstop-problems

No, that is not related to the OP's issues. The OP's issues is that when pitting, the car drives through the pit lane via the AI control, but never stops in the pits. It just drives through and goes back out on track.