PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between the Toyota 86 and GT-86?

breyzipp
24-01-2016, 14:58
They seem to have identical stats and body work from what I can see.

cluck
24-01-2016, 15:45
Is there a difference between the Toyota 86 and GT-86?Yes, the letters G and T, and a hyphen :).

Aside from some bodywork and interior differences, the cars are identical, as is the Scion FR-S :). One is for the US market (Scion FR-S), one for the European market (GT-86) and the other for the Japanese market (86) :).

RomKnight
24-01-2016, 15:47
Toyota GT86 / Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S - Gotta love these popular tuner cars. People tear them apart and measure every last thing we need to know to produce an accurate simulation model. Found useful shock dynos, ARB wheel rates, and spring rate info for stock and typical aftermarket, track setups. Put everything to stock by default; middle of the range on springs and dampers will match some popular Ohlins DFV units and typical track day springs/ARBs. Our reference car was laser scanned and could be used to get a good model of the rear suspension geometry. The FA20 is a nice engine, but there is a huge hole in the torque curve between 3500-5000rpm on all dyno plots; keep it between 5-7k for most fun. Added two popular final drive swaps as an option. Either one could be useful depending on the track and how you want to drive it. It really is as good to throw around a track as all the reviewers say. Just chuck it into every corner, floor the throttle and hold some angle through the apex. Awesome fun. I expect many of you will have some real world experience in the car to compare against, so it will be fun to see how you think it matches up.

According to "The Physics of Japanese Cars Expansion (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41348-The-Physics-of-Japanese-Cars-Expansion&highlight=toyota+dlc+physics)"

So, besides the name, I know one has the wheel on the right side.

/edit
cluck'd

marshma11ow8
24-01-2016, 22:07
The only difference is the 86 you sit on the right hand side
One of the few cars you do
Been using it to get used to driving like that for the road in straya

breyzipp
24-01-2016, 23:46
Yes, the letters G and T, and a hyphen :).

Aside from some bodywork and interior differences, the cars are identical, as is the Scion FR-S :). One is for the US market (Scion FR-S), one for the European market (GT-86) and the other for the Japanese market (86) :).

Aah ok, didn't know that difference. There is the Subaru BRZ as well which is also the same car, thought that one was for the Japanese market.

AbeWoz
27-01-2016, 11:07
Aah ok, didn't know that difference. There is the Subaru BRZ as well which is also the same car, thought that one was for the Japanese market.

I believe the BR-Z has slightly different suspension tuning, as a smaller number of them were made. Here in the states, for every one BRZ, you see about 10 FR-S. The BRZ front fascia is also slightly different.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2015-scion-fr-s-vs-2015-subaru-brz-whats-the-difference-241839
I may have misspoke about suspension, but a good little comparison.