PDA

View Full Version : Game stiĺl crashing

highwaystar1958
24-01-2016, 22:28
Started a 24hr race in career mode this morning.....three times it crashed on me,first on lap 31,about 2hr,second on lap 25,third on lap 17.... all three times it crashed the "send error report to sony" came up saying the ps4 found an error ln project cars.....Devs...wouldn't it be a better idea to fix one game before working on another game......i'll proberly get an infraction or baned for this,but it's so frustrating to be playing a game that keeps crashing.:mad::mad::mad:

PS...the crashes happened at the 24hr race at le mans.......i'm using PS4 and i have the latest patch for the game and the console.

BigDad
25-01-2016, 13:27
Ban him . lol.
They say its a instable Internet connection , maybe try disconnecting the net .
Not sure but worth a shot .

cluck
25-01-2016, 13:30
Started a 24hr race in career mode this morning.....three times it crashed on me,first on lap 31,about 2hr,second on lap 25,third on lap 17.... all three times it crashed the "send error report to sony" came up saying the ps4 found an error ln project cars.....Devs...wouldn't it be a better idea to fix one game before working on another game......i'll proberly get an infraction or baned for this,but it's so frustrating to be playing a game that keeps crashing.:mad::mad::mad:

PS...the crashes happened at the 24hr race at le mans.......i'm using PS4 and i have the latest patch for the game and the console.Why on earth would you get banned for posting about a problem? That's not how things work here. Start hurling abuse at the mods and the devs and yes, that's the right road for getting an infraction or a ban. But you've been perfectly civil in your post so I can't see why anybody would take offence :).

As for your problem, I'll defer to others. I don't have a PS4 so no idea what might be causing your problem :(.

falm
25-01-2016, 13:49

PS...the crashes happened at the 24hr race at le mans.......i'm using PS4 and i have the latest patch for the game and the console.

I'm willing in supporting to reproduce. Is this an invitational race one has to unlock your taking about, or is the crash also happening in other modes?
Providing other info like car used and how many on track / what weather / time "progress" is appreciated.

Did not have an crashes since a long time, maybe because I'm playing different.

In case you have more details I'll give it a try next weekend.

biggbaddwolf
25-01-2016, 14:15
My game crashes several times a week. That was when I was playing a lot, and it is not getting better, so to be honest I am becoming very quickly bored with this game. Matter of fact, I dusted off THE CREW, and have been playing it a lot lately, as I absolutely despise DRIVE CLUB, but I am curious to see how the new Gran Turismo game is :D

highwaystar1958
26-01-2016, 05:37
24hr race at le mans,turned down to 6hr (not able to do 24hrs by myself),30 cars on track,career mode

highwaystar1958
26-01-2016, 05:38
I'm willing in supporting to reproduce. Is this an invitational race one has to unlock your taking about, or is the crash also happening in other modes?
Providing other info like car used and how many on track / what weather / time "progress" is appreciated.

Did not have an crashes since a long time, maybe because I'm playing different.

In case you have more details I'll give it a try next weekend.
24hr race at le mans,turned down to 6hr (not able to do 24hrs by myself),30 cars on track,career mode,using the audi R18TDI

falm
26-01-2016, 09:17
24hr race at le mans,turned down to 6hr (not able to do 24hrs by myself),30 cars on track,career mode,using the audi R18TDI

Thanks, give it a try in solo mode since my career progress is not good enough.

djbenakabenoitb
26-01-2016, 15:39
First, sorry for my poor english, but i'm french.

I've got the same problem than highwaystar1958:
Career mode, 24h race at le mans, turned down to 2 hours. Using the audi R18TDI.

First crash at 11 minutes of the end of the two hours, so at 1h49 of driving
Second crash 1h20 of driving

Really frustating

I love this game, and i would like to buy Thrumaster T300RS to improve the drive and the sensation, but with theses crashes, i really hesitate

Thanks in advance

twotonetommy
27-01-2016, 01:06
My races have been crashing periodically for awhile. I can't pinpoint the problem and it doesn't seem specific to a certain update. I just hope it gets corrected because I love this game.

wyldanimal
27-01-2016, 04:45
I wonder if it could be related to how the replay file is recorded.
Maybe pCars can release a patch that lets you turn of recording of the replay. ( or can test this internally )

I wouldn't think this one was Network related.

highwaystar1958
27-01-2016, 05:03
Maybe pCars can release a patch that lets you turn of recording of the replay. ( or can test this internally )

It's got nothing to do with replay,it happens when i'm racing.....not a internet or network problem either,i have no problem with the other endurance races

highwaystar1958
27-01-2016, 05:09
Ban him . lol.
They say its a instable Internet connection , maybe try disconnecting the net .
Not sure but worth a shot .

Not a internet connection problem,I Have no problem with the other endurance races

cluck
27-01-2016, 08:56
It's got nothing to do with replay,it happens when i'm racing.....not a internet or network problem either,i have no problem with the other endurance racesA 2-minute replay is automatically recorded in the background as you drive, regardless of mode. If you are taking part in a race, rather than practice or time trial, then a reply for the full race is recorded in the background :).

wyldanimal
27-01-2016, 22:22

It's got nothing to do with replay,it happens when i'm racing.....not a internet or network problem either,i have no problem with the other endurance races

My Logic for suggesting that is, it seems that after a long duration, something is causing a memory Fault, a Buffer overrun, out of memory, something to make it crash.
Regardless of race mode, the game is recording a replay of your progress..

That's how you can select save replay at the end of the race. It's already been recorded while you were racing.

Now on a 1.5 hour or longer stint. maybe something is becoming corrupt. something that is accumulation over time..
Thus I thought maybe the replay file.

Pure speculation, but maybe worth looking at.

highwaystar1958
28-01-2016, 23:56
My Logic for suggesting that is, it seems that after a long duration, something is causing a memory Fault, a Buffer overrun, out of memory, something to make it crash.

That's how you can select save replay at the end of the race. It's already been recorded while you were racing.

Now on a 1.5 hour or longer stint. maybe something is becoming corrupt. something that is accumulation over time..

Have no trouble doing the "green hell" endurance race or bathurst endurance race or the 3hr at zolder.....sems to be only the 24hr at le mans

djbenakabenoitb
29-01-2016, 11:59

I will try
Do you know how we do to stop the automatic replay on Pcars?

Thanks in advance