PDA

View Full Version : Default menu selection

Mrkrabs
25-01-2016, 11:51
Hi everyone, just got a PS4 a week ago together with project cars, and noticed that everytime i start the game, the default option selected in main menu is "New career" however, I'm 100% sure that "Career/Continue" would be more appropriate. Also, after the race menu defaults to Restart or Exit for me and not the Continue. I've started the game without any patches, and couple of days ago updated to Patch 8.0 - the issue is still there.

Is there anything I'm missing or should anything be done from my side to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Madmazz116
25-01-2016, 14:04
no thats the way it is.

Mrkrabs
25-01-2016, 14:17
Thanks for the reply. Quite shocked to hear that this hasn't been fixed yet...

Haiden
25-01-2016, 15:49
Fixed? I don't really see it as being broken. It's just the way it is. :)

Also, it might default to "Restart or Exit" after a race to make sure you don't accidentally start the next event. There's a "No Restart" option for Career and Races, which could make accidental starts problematic.

Mrkrabs
25-01-2016, 15:58
i could probably agree with you on after the race menu and probably there is a logical explanation (which is beyond my understanding, but that's a different story), but why it defaults to new career every time i start the game?:) I am not sure i should start a new career every time i start the game :)

Haiden
25-01-2016, 16:54
No. But not everyone is looking to continue their career. I play far more Race Weekend, Free Practice, and Online than I do Career. So starting on "Continue Career" doesn't benefit me or players like me, at all. Starting on the "Continue Career" only makes sense to you because you're playing career. :) My guess is, it starts on New because that's just a neutral option that forces everyone to make their selection. JMO, though.

Neil Bateman
25-01-2016, 18:13
This is something again about the way a game is designed, there will always be things that some find annoying or ridiculous that others like or prefer, there is probably something about the game design you think is great and someone else who hates it comes along and asks for it to be fixed, you would then think whats he talking about that does not need fixing i like it the way it is.

You will always get this in games but for some things like this they are not broken things that need fixing you just need to accept that they were designed that way for a reason but you just dont like it.

Mrkrabs
28-01-2016, 09:47
Thank you for your replies. I totally understand your point. Still I'm trying to figure out the logic for these cases:

In career more, usually i go through practice first, then quali, and then sprint race 1 and 2. Every time after the sprint race 1 the end of race menu defaults to "Exit" while everytime after race 2, the end of race menu defaults to "Restart" (worth mentioning that I usually come 1st in both races). In both cases i have to scroll to Continue. Even after the second race, when I'm returning to the "Career Dashboard" it returns me to the main menu and the default option is Abandon career.

Really guys, I'm not trying to complain or anything, but really curious, is this how it should be? Do i really have to quit after the 1st race, restart after the second one and abandon career after both races? If this is the case I would appreciate if anyone could reveal some light on the logics of this

Thank you in advance.