PDA

View Full Version : REPLAYS discussion (all platforms)

stoogie13
25-01-2016, 12:58
I am part of a pretty well established group 'nxt gen racing leagues' with excess of 200 members and we run different leagues every evening and there's a couple of things ruining it for us.. The first is the constant disconnections but I'm hoping you've got people trying to fix this and the 2nd thing is the replays... If somebody has an incident that our admins need to look at the replay sometimes makes it impossible with cars disappearing and different liveries and sometimes even the wrong name above the car.. Is there anything in the pipeline for any kind of fixes or solutions.. It's getting really frustrating. Thanks in advance.

biggbaddwolf
25-01-2016, 13:18
I haven't noticed any issues with replays, however I don't do leagues either...good luck though, you will need it!

tomtparis
25-01-2016, 13:36
a quick and simple answer.... FORGET IT. !
those Replay issues will stay forever.
The Problem was published many Times...with no answer so far.

The bad thing for the whole PCars Community is: no public Replays - no Public-Game-advertising at all those known Videosites....
a nightmare from Day 1 till today...
our league drivers are not happy (i should say p+++sed), as well as all those thousands of other league-drivers out there.

stoogie13
25-01-2016, 13:55
I know it's been mentioned a few times to say the least, just thought with them gradually ironing out other bugs they may jump back on to this.. It is making the game look really bad and especially with the assetto corsa ps4 release date being announced I thought they might step their game up a bit.

RomKnight
25-01-2016, 18:17
wrt to Replays I think we can pretty much forget that.

wrt to disconnects last word was to remove steam dependency on PC and no word after that. On consoles I don't know that they can do about it but hopefully, they can do something.

maurice-pascale
26-01-2016, 19:06
The replays have since release big problems........always when i watch it, the fun to watch is gone because of the lags in it.......also the soundmof the cars is to boring.....it always sounds just like the volume pushes down when a car is far away and pushes on high volume when the car comes closer......i mean something left there in the sound of the replays....cant explain what, but it sounds very boring............

i really hope for a fix in a patch.......without a great replay mode it feels not so nice to watch his hard drived laps....

DECATUR PLAYA
26-01-2016, 20:10
Also wasn't one of the last patches supposed to put the players names over the car for replays.

If so how do you set it up on xbox because it didn't work for me last night.

artao
26-01-2016, 20:49
Especially multiplayer replays. Utterly useless right now ... which hugely restricts pCARS as a serious option for league racing.
And then there's the basic functionality of replays. No slowmo. Terrible camera angle manipulation (for the love of monkeys, PLEASE turn off the "snap back to rear" of the external cameras!!) Terrible skipping forward/backward through the replay.

and no word from SMS on this issue. none. totally ignored, it seems.

I really do enjoy this game, don't get me wrong.
But that doesn't mean I need to be happy smiley and just say "whatever" when it comes to issues like this. The game has issues, some more serious than others. IMO (and many others opinion) the replay system is a fairly serious issue ................ one which gets utter silence from SMS.
Is this replay system seriously what SMS intended, and what the WMD members wanted? o.O ..... if so, I'm utterly baffled by this decision.
As the Angry Video Game Nerd would say, "What were you thinking!?!"

I'm sorry, but you guys really need some better communication with your users. Pretty please? :) ... (also less dismissive and snarky please)

Mad Al
26-01-2016, 22:19
Slowmo on replays works fine... on an xbox 360 pad use the triggers, Logitech wheels use the throttle and brake (if I remember correctly)

artao
26-01-2016, 23:00
Slowmo on replays works fine... on an xbox 360 pad use the triggers, Logitech wheels use the throttle and brake (if I remember correctly)

I've been told this, but it does not work on my end. Thrustmaster RGT w/clutch. Nothing puts it into slo-mo.

Mad Al
26-01-2016, 23:18
I've been told this, but it does not work on my end. Thrustmaster RGT w/clutch. Nothing puts it into slo-mo.

It doesn't work for my Fanatec stuff either (it did with my Turbo S wheel when I ran it in Logitech mode).. but as I happen to also have a 360 gamepad connected on my games machine, I can use that... so if you are desperate for slowmo, just make sure you have your 360 gamepad plugged in as well as your wheel.... you have a gamepad of course... every gamer has :)

artao
26-01-2016, 23:29
LOL yeah ...... I have a PS2 gamepad, which I run to USB via an adaptor. ;)

stoogie13
27-01-2016, 08:12
I've been a loyal fan from the start but gotta say, these issues are just making the game look bad now, it looks cheap, 2nd rate and unfinished like it is.. I'm a little less excited for project cars 2 now...

wesker6664
27-01-2016, 08:35
The replays have since release big problems........always when i watch it, the fun to watch is gone because of the lags in it.......also the soundmof the cars is to boring.....it always sounds just like the volume pushes down when a car is far away and pushes on high volume when the car comes closer......i mean something left there in the sound of the replays....cant explain what, but it sounds very boring............

i really hope for a fix in a patch.......without a great replay mode it feels not so nice to watch his hard drived laps....

I think this would require a very substantial change in the core of the game, potentially introducing numerous bugs. The replays are a let down and it is indeed a pity, but IMO don't expect big improvements in pCARS1 on that matter.

hdh
27-01-2016, 08:51
They will for pCARS2 cap the replays at 30fps, this will allow for more accurate replay data.

Tomcul
27-01-2016, 09:20
Have to agree the replays are pretty terrible.. Why on cars with active aero is it all in the open position, pagani hauyra is one example just looks silly..
Replays on ps2 were better than this and why no telementary included isn't that the point for a lot of people of replays to gather data and maybe change some driving habits..
We waited for a long time for PS4 which has more power than PS3 but we get less working features from the first sim available because apperantly it's maxed out..

Liquid7394
27-01-2016, 09:30
Also wasn't one of the last patches supposed to put the players names over the car for replays.

If so how do you set it up on xbox because it didn't work for me last night.
There's an option in the settings that allows you to display player names as Off - Multiplayer Only - On. You need to set it to On for player names to show up in replays.

NeoAkane
27-01-2016, 10:36
It's really sad that replays aren't good enough. I hope they look into that in the future patches, even though I doubt they will.

Umer Ahmad
27-01-2016, 10:45
Including telemetry data would have blown up the replay file size.

Anyway there are now streaming UDP apps for all platforms to allow you to capture the data.

Umer Ahmad
27-01-2016, 10:49
Merged competing threads and retitled.

artao
27-01-2016, 10:53
I think this would require a very substantial change in the core of the game, potentially introducing numerous bugs. The replays are a let down and it is indeed a pity, but IMO don't expect big improvements in pCARS1 on that matter.

I would at least expect a fix for the MP replay bugs. Absolutely useless there.
And simply removing the "snap back to rear view" ... I mean ... how could doing that introduce bugs?
Just those two things, and I'd accept the replay system as is.
Fixing the MP replay bugs tho is pretty essential. How can anyone steward a race or league with the MP replays as they are? They can't, is how. That one really is a Must Fix issue.

Fernandito
27-01-2016, 11:35

i really hope for a fix in a patch.......without a great replay mode it feels not so nice to watch his hard drived laps....that way of ... posting...

... ..... ....

Are you ... that Grid .... player who also posted ..... on codemasters forum ..... by then?..

.. ...... ............. ..........

Bliman
27-01-2016, 16:17
Hi,
I thought to post a new thread but it seems like it is useful here.
I really really like to have the telemetry in this game. I find it pretty much essential and it isn't there.
You say there are apps out there that give you this information, but I don't have a smartphone or tablet.
So I don't have a clue when I change setup how it improves the car (off course I can drive and feel but that's not enough).
I find it very weird that such an important thing isn't there in the game.
I would like to ask if no player had access to the telemetry how they would feel about this game , because this is the situation that many are having?
I really really hope that telemetry gets integrated in Project Cars because it is that important and I can't imagine that the developers don't feel the same way because they have done so much work on the physics side.
And if the replay sizes would become to great, then separate them but it is so hard needed and like I already said essential for this game.
By the way I still play this game every day and still love it (although it's so hard that it's sometimes frustrating) so again thanks to whole the team for that.

Umer Ahmad
27-01-2016, 16:33
Definitely there will be no further changes here for pcars1. What you have today is "final".

You have access to real-time telemetry in the game and you can capture this data using UDP streams (consoles) or via shared memory (PC). 3rd party apps already exist and work well.

Bliman
27-01-2016, 17:12
Thanks for the answer.
That's very disappointing but hopefully the team realize that it is an important feature for a simulator.
And you know that the real time telemetry is not really usefull because you can't drive on the limit and at the same time look at the telemetry (and I know you can record video on the xbox but it isn't something you can do all the time).
You say that I can capture the data on UDP (don't know what that is) for consoles.
Do I only need the console or must I need something else to, like a smartphone or tablet?
Because I don't have a smartphone or tablet, and if you need those then you are excluding lots of players

Tomcul
27-01-2016, 18:24
Ya you need a smartphone or tab for udp and also an Internet connection and wifi and also download an app for said smartphone or tab.. Only app for iPhone costs 5..
It is a great sim but it's hard to understand the thinking behind leaving out telementary and saving lap times in practice mode..
For people that don't connect to the Internet there is no way to save laptimes..

azidahaka
27-01-2016, 19:50
I think we really need skipping to next intermediate or next b lap... I want to kill myself if I have to check something happened after 50 minutes of a race...

TNTNitro
27-01-2016, 22:34
the photo mode and the replay of this game are horrible

havocc
27-01-2016, 22:49
the photo mode and the replay of this game are horrible

Photo mode works well only on live, on replays everything but the car is terribly blurry

Neil Bateman
27-01-2016, 23:24
Untill i started league racing replays were not that intersting to me unless it was to watch an overtake or a crash or something unusual or funny in a race, i never really sat and watched back a whole race, i would always skip most of it and just watch the good bits.

Then in NR2003, GTR2, rFactor and rFactor2 i started league racing and became admin and race steward, it became apparent that replays were a huge part of any sort of league racing, all incidents had to be scrutinised and ruled on and any decisions had a big impact on results, points and champioships.

NR2003 had by far the best replay system as you could even rewind and review incidents during a live race, PCars replay system will be one of a leagues biggest issues because every event will end up with question marks over something someone may or may not have done or who was or was not to blame for one thing or another, lets face it everyone will say it the other guys fault in the heat of the battle and only when watching it back afterwards does the truth emerge.

Scuderia Paul
28-01-2016, 00:04
I still watch the vast majority of my replays after a race and those I cannot will be saved for later. I think it was a noble attempt by SMS to run replays at 60FPS but it must have been obvious during development that they were not going to be smooth and without several issues.
I know Ian confirmed that PCars2 will switch to 30FPS for replays which is a great decision for that game, but it leaves us stuck with the shoddy build we currently have. I hope it leads to an all-new Photo Mode too as the current one with it's moronic slider system has no place in a game nowadays.

It can be very frustrating to have had a great race or battle which cannot be enjoyed again later. Monday night I had a fantastic 30min race at Circuit de la Sarthe in my Toyota TS040-HYBRID, shockingly, of which the replay I attempted to watch straight after. It loaded and the sound played but there was zero movement from the cars and it was ironically a rolling start for the race. That is just the latest example of the awful issues with them.

This really sounds like a rant post but replays are not all bad though. The slow-mo feature is fantastic and I love watching the amazing way the cars react to bumps, kerbs and body-roll.

Despite the issues with various aspects of PCars it is still by far the most enjoyable racing title I have ever played. On the track I think it is amazing.

artao
28-01-2016, 04:38
Definitely there will be no further changes here for pcars1. What you have today is "final".

I sure hope you're only referring to the telemetry post here.
The MP replay bugs MUST be fixed, as it's utterly useless as it stands. :disgust: