PDA

View Full Version : Brightness issues with Vantage GTE.

AkutoUK
25-01-2016, 19:44
Recently I have been comparing the different GT3 class cars on various circuits. Each time I get around to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE, the cockpit interior is fine, but the brightness of everything outside seems to be massively ramped up. So much so, that on one or two circuits, it has been almost impossible to pick the line or breaking points. It only seems to have happened to me since the last update.
As soon as I change to any other car, the light levels seem to be back to normal.
Changing the brightness fixes it, but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to drive one specific car!

Has anyone else had this problem?

avijan
25-01-2016, 19:57
yes it's a "unfixed" known problem - since the release of the dlc the GTE came with.

kevin kirk
25-01-2016, 20:17
For me the cockpit view brightness is fine but the rear camera view for some cars is to dark

seb02
25-01-2016, 20:39
Recently I have been comparing the different GT3 class cars on various circuits. Each time I get around to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE, the cockpit interior is fine, but the brightness of everything outside seems to be massively ramped up. So much so, that on one or two circuits, it has been almost impossible to pick the line or breaking points. It only seems to have happened to me since the last update.
As soon as I change to any other car, the light levels seem to be back to normal.
Changing the brightness fixes it, but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to drive one specific car!

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have this problem me too

N0body Of The Goat
25-01-2016, 20:49
For me the cockpit view brightness is fine but the rear camera view for some cars is to dark

Lots, if not all cars, have virtual mirrors that are as good as useless from around sunset through to sunrise. Which completely defies their purpose, to artificially help us see who is close to us, supposedly augmenting the real car mirrors.

Another longstanding issue reported many times, going back as far as WMD days.

kevin kirk
25-01-2016, 20:55
Lots, if not all cars, have virtual mirrors that are as good as useless from around sunset through to sunrise. Which completely defies their purpose, to artificially help us see who is close to us, supposedly augmenting the real car mirrors.

Another longstanding issue reported many times, going back as far as WMD days..........I'm sorry I meant the back seat camera. The backseat cam on some of the cars are to dark. my apologies. The Toyota lmp1 car is the worst. Allthough I do agree on the rear view cam.

cluck
25-01-2016, 21:53
It was actually changed post-release due to problems with the default exposure not working well with rainy conditions - I'll go back and look but I seem to recall there were complaints about the cockpit being very dark in those conditions. Dubai Autodrome and Laguna Seca highlight the exposure problem the most and are extremely difficult to drive from cockpit view with the default settings. The devs are aware of the problem so I'm guessing that whatever they try to fix the exposure to make those two tracks somewhat bearable is having a negative impact elsewhere.

gmspromo
25-01-2016, 22:11
Funny I should see this post today, but I was driving the Aston GTE around the Mohave circuit (a track I NEVER drive) and could hardly see a thing, because it was so bright! I thought it was just the circuit(?)

resmania
26-01-2016, 02:22
Not just Vantage GTE, but many cars in base game also suffers from this issue. I see they fixed this issue on one car(just one car :confused:) in recent patch.
Hope they fix this issue on the other cars too...

Don Rudi
26-01-2016, 04:37
It was actually changed post-release due to problems with the default exposure not working well with rainy conditions - I'll go back and look but I seem to recall there were complaints about the cockpit being very dark in those conditions. Dubai Autodrome and Laguna Seca highlight the exposure problem the most and are extremely difficult to drive from cockpit view with the default settings. The devs are aware of the problem so I'm guessing that whatever they try to fix the exposure to make those two tracks somewhat bearable is having a negative impact elsewhere.

It is not just on these two tracks. I took the Vantage GTE for a spin at Imola the other day and could hardly see anything from the cockpit. Same is valid for the Audi eTron.

seb02
26-01-2016, 06:24
It is not just on these two tracks. I took the Vantage GTE for a spin at Imola the other day and could hardly see anything from the cockpit. Same is valid for the Audi eTron.

Can you post a screenshot of Aston Martin vantage GtE ?

Invincible
26-01-2016, 06:25
:confused:

Weird one. I don't have these problems with the Aston (yes, GTE, not GT3) and the eTron. I have overall exposure set to 0.9... In the GTE it is a bit brighter, but nowhere disturbing or even undriveable.

resmania
26-01-2016, 06:57
:confused:

Weird one. I don't have these problems with the Aston (yes, GTE, not GT3) and the eTron. I have overall exposure set to 0.9... In the GTE it is a bit brighter, but nowhere disturbing or even undriveable.

I think it depends on the weather condition and ToD.

Invincible
26-01-2016, 07:32
I think it depends on the weather condition and ToD.

Which one is the worst combination? So I can see the problem myself.

resmania
26-01-2016, 07:38

Try clear weather, 1pm at Watkins glen. I only tried BMW 320 Turbo but it was very bright as far as I remember.

cluck
26-01-2016, 11:18
Go for a summer day, just after midday at Dubai or Laguna Seca. It's a veritable white-out.

It has been reported to the devs but as I said earlier, it appears to have been changed as a result of a problem with the cockpit being too dark in rain conditions. There is not going to be a one-size-fits-all solution sadly.

Umer Ahmad
26-01-2016, 13:01
IMO i would prefer the "too dark in rainy conditions" situation instead of the white-out we currently have. Hell, i could always just turn on the instrumentation/dash lighting when it's raining.

cluck
26-01-2016, 13:05
IMO i would prefer the "too dark in rainy conditions" situation instead of the white-out we currently have. Hell, i could always just turn on the instrumentation/dash lighting when it's raining.That would be my preferred solution but it was only changed, I believe, due to complaints about being too dark.

Can't be easy for SMS as this appears to be a "Heads you lose, tails you lose" situation.

There was some talk of an exposure compensation setting in another thread but either I'm being blind or stupid (or both, most likely), because I couldn't find that myself last night. Not the most elegant solution, having to change it just for one car, but it is (or was) a workaround at least.

Mahjik
26-01-2016, 13:07
There was some talk of an exposure compensation setting in another thread but either I'm being blind or stupid (or both, most likely), because I couldn't find that myself last night. Not the most elegant solution, having to change it just for one car, but it is (or was) a workaround at least.

It's in the visual options, but it's a global change not a per car change (which I've pitched for pCARS2 to be a per car setting among a few other things). I do change it a little myself between driving open wheelers and tin tops.

Marrrfooo
26-01-2016, 13:10

Try:

Free Practice
Imola
12:00pm
Clear
5th June 2015
Aston Martin GTE
(default views - both in-car and helmet (minus the helmet))

It's hard to see the circuit a lot of the time - but not impossible. I would expect that the same time/day on Laguna and Mohave etc. must be near-blind in terms of seeing what's going on outside...

cluck
26-01-2016, 13:11
It's in the visual options, but it's a global change not a per car change (which I've pitched for pCARS2 to be a per car setting among a few other things). I do change it a little myself between driving open wheelers and tin tops.Cheers Mahjik. I looked there but clearly I must have missed it completely :o.

Was aware it was a global change so what I meant was, it's a workaround in as much as you go in and change it, drive the Aston and then change it back to your preferred setting afterwards. Cludge? Yes. Workable? Yes. Elegant? No. But it should at least make the car drivable at those tracks that are most badly affected :).

Mahjik
26-01-2016, 13:17
Was aware it was a global change so what I meant was, it's a workaround in as much as you go in and change it, drive the Aston and then change it back to your preferred setting afterwards. Cludge? Yes. Workable? Yes. Elegant? No. But it should at least make the car drivable at those tracks that are most badly affected :).

I suggested the same when the car first was released and the complaints of the dark cockpit were flooding in... It seems people would rather complain than use the options provided.

Mad Al
26-01-2016, 13:26
Option, use ctrl K and get a lot closer to the windscreen (just adjusting seat position as far forward as possible, helps a little).