PDA

View Full Version : Question - pCars Dash UDP Setting Rate

WizardOfOz
25-01-2016, 19:50
Hello :)

hopefully the developer of pCars Dash will read this, i would rather post here than anything negative on the app Store

I love running pCars Dash, and Crew chief on the same device (on less thing to power/ remember to charge up :) )
My device of choice is : http://store.asus.com/us/item/201507AM310000756
(ASUS Z580C-B1 ZenPad S 8 Intel Atom 1.3GHz 2GB RAM 32GB 5MP Camera 8-inch 2K IPS Tablet - BLACK)

Everything works really well all way up to UDP setting 2, however there is sometimes some lag with spotter so i upped to setting1

What resulted was awesome Spotter , but very laggy pCars Dash .. this is from turning the wheels and pCars sometimes never updates, i am in 6th gear and looking down at pCars dash it says i am in "N"

Is there anything else i need todo , i have even shut down the app and had pCars up n running in UDP 1 on its own and the update is very laggy / not correct by a long margin

Thanks in advance

baza4173
25-01-2016, 19:55
I run mine on udp 5 both run well together

baza4173
25-01-2016, 20:02
I use samsung tab 2 10 inch

mr_belowski
25-01-2016, 20:05
I really can't see why UDP 1 would be noticeably better than 2 or even 3 for the crew chief spotter. Not saying that you're wrong or imagining stuff, but we're talking hundredths of a second additional latency at the slower settings.

Human
25-01-2016, 20:29
I have my samsung galaxy s3 and google nexus running at the same time. pcars dash on the nexus and both pcars dash and crew chief on the s3. UDP set to 4, works perfectly!

WizardOfOz
25-01-2016, 20:56
I can see what i did here, i was assuming 1 was the best , but everyone is saying 5 is better .. doh
(please confirm is my own assessment of my own error is correct ;))

mr_belowski
25-01-2016, 21:03
For crew chief, the lower the better if your router and WiFi are up to the job, but 2 or 3 work well

WizardOfOz
25-01-2016, 21:10
For crew chief, the lower the better if your router and WiFi are up to the job, but 2 or 3 work well

Ok, well at 2 i get the following spotter errors

1. Brands hatch calls cars out on the other side of the track (behind pits while i am on pits straight)
2. Leaving Donnington pits i am told pit exit is clear but have a fast approaching car speed past me before i leave the "chevron" marked area

Also at various times i do not get a "car xxx" when i can see them

These issues went away when i jumped up to udp 1, which is why i assumed "1" was the fastest setting , but then pCar dash went into full latency mode

I will be playing again at the weekend , so any tips / advice will be reviewed then :)

(BTW app is awesome , since the UDP update has made the console play time totally immersive )

mr_belowski
25-01-2016, 21:23
Interesting, I'll do some fiddling with settings

mr_belowski
26-01-2016, 12:53
I've just had a play with UDP set to 1, and it does seem to make the spotter noticeably better. I'm really surprised by this

WizardOfOz
26-01-2016, 15:46
I've just had a play with UDP set to 1, and it does seem to make the spotter noticeably better. I'm really surprised by this

Hehehe well i am keeping this as confirmation i am not going nuts, now all i need to understand is why pCars Dash performs very poorly at the highest rating... if anyone has contact of some sorts with the developer of pCars Dash (yes i know mr belowski is the developer of Crew Chief) ... can they point them at this forum post please

jerry555
26-01-2016, 16:03
Hehehe well i am keeping this as confirmation i am not going nuts, now all i need to understand is why pCars Dash performs very poorly at the highest rating... if anyone has contact of some sorts with the developer of pCars Dash (yes i know mr belowski is the developer of Crew Chief) ... can they point them at this forum post please

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app

WizardOfOz
26-01-2016, 16:10
Thanks, have double posted the same info to his question on if anyone has noticed anything "big hand in the air me :D"

WizardOfOz
01-02-2016, 17:30
OK after a weekend of playing , here is what i found out on UDP 1 to UDP 2 with pCars Dash

UDP 2 (ipad mini retina is the bottom tablet , ASUS Z580C-B1 ZenPad S 8 on the top)
Leaving the pits everything is in sync ,
https://youtu.be/KlIWqD2zwN4

UDP 1 (ipad mini retina is the bottom tablet , ASUS Z580C-B1 ZenPad S 8 on the top)
Running the same test on udp 1, this is how out of Sync it goes
https://youtu.be/Bc53bJZWhXU

I also tested the ASUS with network dongle, and it reproduced the same effect