PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Lightswitch, why?

goeiste
26-01-2016, 07:05
Can anyone tell me what the purpose is of being able to turn on the lights?
By day i see enough and by night they switch on automaticly

AndrexUK
26-01-2016, 07:10
Useful for letting lapped cars know you are looking to get past!
Don't think they come on automatically in the rain?

Bealdor
26-01-2016, 07:13
Can anyone tell me what the purpose is of being able to turn on the lights?
By day i see enough and by night they switch on automaticly

Your lights don't switch on automatically when you're starting in daytime and drive into the night.

goeiste
26-01-2016, 07:16
Aha.... thanks, i didn't knew that :)

maxx69
26-01-2016, 07:31
Yep, light flashing is very helpful , as for automatic switching on of the lights ....I'm not sure . My lights do come on by themselves sometimes ??
Like stated above flashing the lights when you're lapping someone or maybe a couple of flicks to say sorry

Djinn
26-01-2016, 07:33
Don't know if they switch on automatically when there's a button assigned to it. At least with the wipers I know they have to be switched on manually when there's a button assigned to it.

RoccoTTS
26-01-2016, 07:38
I switch the lights on even in daytime, so i can see the gauges better in cockpit view.

AtomicSphincter
26-01-2016, 07:42
I wish we had an option for lights where with just one press it would flash the lights 5-6 times, just for passing.

artao
26-01-2016, 07:44
I switch the lights on even in daytime, so i can see the gauges better in cockpit view.

+1
you're not the only one ;)

maxx69
26-01-2016, 08:25
My lights do come on automatically, but I'm not sure if that's a game / wheel bug or its actually designed to do this .
If they're meant to come on automatically , I hope I can turn this feature off ??

satco1066
26-01-2016, 08:37
Many ifs and maybes for such a minimal function.
A very good example for the need of a good manual.
Only developers know the aspect of all modes. Maybe. :p
I hope in pCars2 they work on that from start.

AndrexUK
26-01-2016, 12:10
The lights will come on automatically in the night when you leave the garage / pits, but you need to manually switch them on during driving when transitioning from Day > Night.
There have been times when I feel the lights should be on when leaving the pits / garage, where the game doesn't. (During transition)

Salty Dog
26-01-2016, 12:26

Great idea !! never even thought of it but ill give it a try, cheers

SofiaMatata
26-01-2016, 13:08

Haha me too. Would wish for parking lights option for road cars so wouldn't have to use driving lights just to get gauges more visible, especially in multiplayer. :)

jimmyb_84
26-01-2016, 14:04

Me too, I do that every time

kevin kirk
26-01-2016, 16:34
my wipers switch on in dry to wet races. Even switch back on when it starts to rain again after it stops. Don't know about lights because I have them on all the time

Shinzah
26-01-2016, 16:40
Many ifs and maybes for such a minimal function.
A very good example for the need of a good manual.
Only developers know the aspect of all modes. Maybe. :p
I hope in pCars2 they work on that from start.

It is a light switch. It doesn't need a good manual. In any manual it's entry should be "Turns on and off the cars lights."

I am deeply disturbed that we have a thread discussing why there is a function to turn on and off lights.

goeiste
26-01-2016, 17:10
Well Shinzah (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?11988-Shinzah), here's the problem.
I bought something, in this case a game called project cars, and this game has so many options without a explanation what they do.
I'm from the Netherlands (yes, close to Amsterdam) and i don't understand al the terms in the game, and what purposes they have.
When i try to find an explanation/translation in a websearch, i come empty handed.
So, yes there are questions from more people why there's no manual about this game.
Is that really so hard to create a manual for all the people that have spent their money on something with so many problems/issues?

Shinzah
26-01-2016, 17:27
Well Shinzah (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?11988-Shinzah), here's the problem.
I bought something, in this case a game called project cars, and this game has so many options without a explanation what they do.
I'm from the Netherlands (yes, close to Amsterdam) and i don't understand al the terms in the game, and what purposes they have.
When i try to find an explanation/translation in a websearch, i come empty handed.
So, yes there are questions from more people why there's no manual about this game.
Is that really so hard to create a manual for all the people that have spent their money on something with so many problems/issues?

While this would seem fine to me if this was a technical feature that was ambiguous in nature, I really don't think there's a communication issue in a lightswitch.

It's a lightswitch.

lichtschakelaar - beheer lichten aan en uit.

charliev69
26-01-2016, 17:32
Great to have lights when required , but I wish the AI would use their lights in bad and wet weather by default !!

diesel97
26-01-2016, 19:26
It is a light switch. It doesn't need a good manual. In any manual it's entry should be "Turns on and off the cars lights."

I am deeply disturbed that we have a thread discussing why there is a function to turn on and off lights.

If this thread is not worth talking about then dont post move on, but instead of in typical Shinzah he just keeps posting about people posting until he has the last word.

Simple if you dont like the topic ,dont click on it

AbeWoz
26-01-2016, 19:28

as do i. better gauge view as well as promoting realism for the WEC/Le Mans. I believe all cars must have low-beams on during the duration of the race, regardless of time of day (WEC)

Shinzah
26-01-2016, 19:30
If this thread is not worth talking about then dont post move on, but instead of in typical Shinzah he just keeps posting about people posting until he has the last word.

Simple if you dont like the topic ,dont click on it

Hey, you sound an awful lot like my stalker.

I'd say my mum, but my mum can spell.

Sankyo
26-01-2016, 19:34
Come on guys, stop turning every other thread into a pissing contest. Not everything you don't understand why it was posted needs to be analyzed or slapped down, not every personally disagreeable posting needs to be taken up to fight a personal feud (if really necessary, use PM for that).

Question answered, thread closed.