PDA

View Full Version : AUDI R8 V10

DJStef
26-01-2016, 17:48
Hello everyone,
I am surprised that with all the successive updates, none solves the problems with the Audi R8 V10.
And this problem has existed since the 839 built, so it is not new.
So no one should drive this Audi R8 V10 for I see no return on this subject and it surprises me a little.
Try for example the California circuit, or French Riviera as soon as you go a little faster Morn bump when the car falls, she stops net or not even reverse !!
After all the different updates that fixes the bug million, it always exists.
With the Mercedes SLS AMG it does too but it is less frequent.

How this information back to the developer that solves this problem ?

Thank you for your return.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
26-01-2016, 17:59
Huh, I've driven the car quite a bit on California Highway and Azure, and have never had such problems. In fact just yesterday I was having fun driving the car around Nordschleife, and it performed fine. =/

You wouldn't happen to have a video?

N0body Of The Goat
26-01-2016, 21:59
Nuerburging GP used to trigger this instant stop bug.

Heading towards the NGK chicane, after the right kink, go onto the grass on the right.

A few seconds before the chicane, the bump used to trigger this issue.

resmania
26-01-2016, 23:04
Oh I thought I was the only one having this issue! Car stops instantly(more like stuck at invisible gap) when you hit the curb.
As OP mentioned it seem to happen only on Audi R8. I recorded a video a while back but forgot to upload it on Youtube and now I lost the recording :(((

nhitrac
26-01-2016, 23:41
I think it may have been after patch 3 or 4 but it'd come to a grinding halt at the bottom of Fuchsrohre on the Nords.

Couldn't stop this from happening no matter which line I took or the setup of my car except if I slowed down by about 100km/hr.

Just ended up not using it anymore which is a shame as I love this car/track combo.

27-01-2016, 00:37
Could you guys do me a favor and try running maximum bump stops (70mm) front and rear and see if this helps anything? This might be caused by the car bottoming out in a bad way.

This isn't by any means extraordinary thickness for a road car's bump stops, and in fact many road condition sports cars ride on their bump stops during hard cornering (based on some autocross forums I've read the 996 GT3 contacted the bumpstops within an inch of spring travel, which was great from their point of view because it meant that even if the rules didn't allow spring changes, they could run the car stiffer by fitting stiffer bump stops, which are legal as long as they don't contact earlier than stock ones). The R8 is a pretty heavy and relatively softly sprung car in real life, even the stiffer models, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it contact the bump stops a lot.

Sasquatch
27-01-2016, 00:52
Drove the R8 V10 a couple days ago, had no problems that I can note.

CPU M Rossi
27-01-2016, 03:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysnMDNJ1nU
^^^ I think that's what they are talking about

Plage
27-01-2016, 06:59
In fact just yesterday I was having fun driving the car around Nordschleife, and it performed fine. =/

But surely not with the standard setup. The car is bottoming out at the compression (left upwards corner) at the end of the foxhole which will either lead to the car scraping the tarmac making it uncontrolable or it'll simply just get stuck (reset to 0 km/h).

This can be overcome by raising the bump stops but still doesn't gets completely rid of the problem.

DJStef
27-01-2016, 08:13
I'm glad I'm not alone in this !!

The video above illustrates the problem.(Thanks for the upload)

I repeated but this bug is built from 839, at least that is what I've noticed.

hope this bug is resolved because I love this car has perfect sound.

wesker6664
27-01-2016, 08:27
Indeed i've seen this problem the other day, looks like a problem with the collision shape.

N0body Of The Goat
27-01-2016, 08:27
Edited my earlier post, Audi R8 V10 Plus still loses all speed here...

Plage
27-01-2016, 10:23
Indeed i've seen this problem the other day, looks like a problem with the collision shape.

It's related to the suspension and not the collision. Like I already said you can get rid of the problem (at least to a certain degree) by raising the bump stops so the car won't bottom out in such situations.

wesker6664
27-01-2016, 12:35
It's related to the suspension and not the collision. Like I already said you can get rid of the problem (at least to a certain degree) by raising the bump stops so the car won't bottom out in such situations.

Of course you can raise the bump stops but that doesn't really cure the root of the problem : whenether there's a contact between the car and the tarmac the body should scrape instead of stopping, just like any other car in the game :)

I don't think we're allowed to post pictures from development, but for info the collision shape is a simpler model of the car, very different from what you see in game.

27-01-2016, 12:36
But surely not with the standard setup. The car is bottoming out at the compression (left upwards corner) at the end of the foxhole which will either lead to the car scraping the tarmac making it uncontrolable or it'll simply just get stuck (reset to 0 km/h).

This can be overcome by raising the bump stops but still doesn't gets completely rid of the problem.Admittedly I don't use the default setup because it's not what the real car has, the springs on the real car are significantly softer than the default setup for example. My setup mostly softens up the car while increasing the bump stops, alongside matching OEM alignment.

It's related to the suspension and not the collision. Like I already said you can get rid of the problem (at least to a certain degree) by raising the bump stops so the car won't bottom out in such situations.Actually that does sound like a collision issue, specifically the bottom of the car colliding due to the suspension getting too low.

Mahjik
27-01-2016, 13:55
Guys, the Audi R8 V10 issue is known to the devs. They are well aware of it.

havocc
27-01-2016, 14:03
At Nos i hit barriers and car stopped and went in R gear without me touching paddles

Plage
27-01-2016, 14:37
Admittedly I don't use the default setup because it's not what the real car has, the springs on the real car are significantly softer than the default setup for example. My setup mostly softens up the car while increasing the bump stops, alongside matching OEM alignment.

Actually that does sound like a collision issue, specifically the bottom of the car colliding due to the suspension getting too low.

I just wanted to point out why you didn't experienced that problem but that it's there.

Of course it has to do with said model hitting the tarmac but I guess the root problem isn't said model itself because it isn't properly aligned with the underbody and "sticks" out for example but is related only to how the suspension is setup.

Guys, the Audi R8 V10 issue is known to the devs. They are well aware of it.

They're well aware of it...and?

Mahjik
27-01-2016, 14:44
They're well aware of it...and?

They are aware of every reported issue. That doesn't mean that every reported issue will be addressed.

Plage
27-01-2016, 15:14
Thank you!

aurel
27-01-2016, 15:19
They are aware of every reported issue. That doesn't mean that every reported issue will be addressed.

Hey Mahjik, would it be possible to add all the reported issues that the devs are aware of to the "known issues" lists?

I might be looking at the wrong place, but I'm aware of at least half a dozen issues, both with the game client and the dedicated server, which are not listed in the "Known Issues Collective Thread (PC)". This, of course, includes the R8/SLS physics glitches.

Mahjik
27-01-2016, 15:37
Hey Mahjik, would it be possible to add all the reported issues that the devs are aware of to the "known issues" lists?

Yes. The mods are working on this.. There is usually a large sweep to update the lists every few months. It would be nicer to have them all kept in sync daily, but this is an "add-on" job for the mods so it will happen in the time the mods have to dedicate to the forums.

Spiny Anteater
27-01-2016, 18:02
Actually that does sound like a collision issue, specifically the bottom of the car colliding due to the suspension getting too low.

I'm pretty certain that it's a collision issue as you say. I spent all last week trying to tune the R8 for the 'Ring, and running tall bump stops and easing off over the biggest crests (like you'll see rally drivers do) pretty much sorted things under normal driving. But, as more evidence that it's to do with collisions, I also experienced the same effect if I hit the barrier too hard (and that happened quite a bit during the test and tune process:o

aurel
27-01-2016, 19:57
Just consider it a feature instead of a bug. Had a collision and collected some aero or suspension damage? Just ram a barrier hard enough, so the physics model of the R8 (or the SLS AMG) glitches, and – voila! – all the damage is gone immediately.

Ze German cars are superior, because zey come with Insta-Repair, courtesy of ADAC, ze German version of AA!

N0body Of The Goat
27-01-2016, 20:22
It does not look like this issue is simply due to bumps on the tarmac or grass, I've been getting this instant loss of speed and back to neutral gear hitting barriers head-on at Imola and Dubai tonight.

27-01-2016, 20:28
Yeah, the physics reset issues on hard knocks has been known to happen after landing from big jumps, hitting kerbs with cars that have something going on with the collision shape, crashing into walls etc. So far the only consistent thing I've seen has been contact with something.

resmania
28-01-2016, 08:09
http://youtu.be/OKK1viTbTEQ

Easiest way to replicate this issue. :rolleyes:

Plage
28-01-2016, 21:57
Ok, I didn't knew it also happens with such impacts and thought it just happens when it's bottoming out. This indeed looks like and issue with the collision which simply seems to get stuck at some point.

havocc
30-01-2016, 23:11
Update: this affects Huayra too, just happened at Bannochbrae, hit the barries and neutral gear

N0body Of The Goat
31-01-2016, 06:56
Easy to reproduce the bottoming out version of this issue near S2 at Bannochbrae.

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 17:04
Yes, the first time I tried to run the R8 V10 at Bannochbrae I had this issue, too (I used standard setup):

http://youtu.be/882T_RHYDXE

http://youtu.be/DpgOA9mNBqk

Awong124
06-02-2016, 03:24
For me, this happens almost every time at the bottom of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca with the R8.

marklar
12-02-2016, 13:56
This is my video. Recorded long time ago on version 1.3 but the problem still exists.

http://youtu.be/zoyQc_U2yS8
It happens also in two sections on Brands Hatch, at the end of Hawthorn Hill and Paddock Hill Bend. Once I even got "Emergency Stop" achievement when my car suddenly stopped from 200km/h to 0km/h :).

I've got also pCars on PS4 and I didn't encountered this problem. Is default car setup different to what we have on PC? I'll check it tonight.