PDA

View Full Version : Now now now .... what do we have here ?

svenvangent
26-01-2016, 21:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1fxQ2SHEA4&feature=youtu.be

ports
26-01-2016, 21:13
By the looks of it an invisible concrete wall :)

svenvangent
26-01-2016, 21:54
By the looks of it an invisible concrete wall :)
I swear I didn't saw it coming .:p

mlb4321
27-01-2016, 04:18
I had this happen heading down the Mulsanne. Mine was much more violent though. Car must've gone 50 feet in the air.

wyldanimal
27-01-2016, 04:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1fxQ2SHEA4&feature=youtu.be

you found a landmine bug..

SUBGTRACER
27-01-2016, 05:46
ANt man stopped you !

ChrisK
27-01-2016, 06:27
It's a ps4 issue.

SUBGTRACER
27-01-2016, 06:39
It's a ps4 issue.
Chris you know and I know there are no issues with ps4 version of Pcars ....... you have such a negative attitude towards the devs :)

Liquid7394
27-01-2016, 08:56
Have you tried rebuilding the database, re-installing the game, deleting all save data, and sacrificing a goat? I've done all of that and I never have issues, Pcars is the best sim evar and anyone who has issues clearly has a faulty PS4. It definitely isn't a software problem as I've been told by completely unbiased people.

ChrisK
27-01-2016, 08:58
Sacrificing a goat...lmfao...
Great stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Robsharples
27-01-2016, 11:40
Lol this made me smile. I'm starting to get that impression. The mods do seem very quick to defend these bugs and ive read a few post that have been closed or locked. Does seem they don't want any negative feedback at all just an observation mods

svenvangent
27-01-2016, 12:34
Have you tried rebuilding the database, re-installing the game, deleting all save data, and sacrificing a goat? I've done all of that and I never have issues, Pcars is the best sim evar and anyone who has issues clearly has a faulty PS4. It definitely isn't a software problem as I've been told by completely unbiased people.
Yes I have done that but that doesn't do the job .
Yes when it works I like the game to but ..... this morning for example I did a hotlap around the Nurburgring with the Pagani Huayra and guess what ...bang to the main screen .
Sadly ..... a good game with still tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many big bugs in it at least on PS4 .
............................................. whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...................................................

ermo
27-01-2016, 13:41
Lol this made me smile. I'm starting to get that impression. The mods do seem very quick to defend these bugs and ive read a few post that have been closed or locked. Does seem they don't want any negative feedback at all just an observation mods

In fairness, what everyone here wants is as bug free a game as possible. The best way to get that is to try to show how to reproduce the issue you're seeing. If an issue is posted just to point fingers at SMS it can hardly be considered constructive and experience has shown that such threads lead to nothing good.

I'm not trying to defend the bugs, just sharing my impression of why threads are closed.

Now, in the spirit of offering constructive criticism, I would point out that the video in the OP would have qualified as hard evidence if the post had provided the following details in addition to the video itself:

Session Type (Free Practice/TT/QR with 0 opponents/etc.)
Conditions (Time and Date, Weather, Wear rates etc.)
Car Setup
A note about how long pCARS had been running when the issue occurred

If the above had been provided, SMS could at least have tried to reproduce that specific landmine issue.

That's my take on it, but people are obviously free to disagree. :)

svenvangent
27-01-2016, 16:40
This morning while doing a hotlap around Nurburgring suddenly the game went to the main screen ( no crass ), than when I pushed the cross button I could go back with my hotmap but my car stood 180 .

Hmmmmm .... You are just doing a online race with your friends

Ooo boy ;

Now I have just done a race with the AI at Ruapuna (was a good AI race by the way ) in the middle of the race my game went for the first time not to the main screen but to my setup screen :lol: o boy please ...bring me something to drink .

Hmmmmmmm .... Youwhooooo are just racing with you friends online

Neil Bateman
27-01-2016, 18:45
Hey i was racing today and my game crashed, please fix it!!!!:rolleyes:

Liquid7394
27-01-2016, 18:59
In fairness, what everyone here wants is as bug free a game as possible. The best way to get that is to try to show how to reproduce the issue you're seeing. If an issue is posted just to point fingers at SMS it can hardly be considered constructive and experience has shown that such threads lead to nothing good.

I'm not trying to defend the bugs, just sharing my impression of why threads are closed.

Now, in the spirit of offering constructive criticism, I would point out that the video in the OP would have qualified as hard evidence if the post had provided the following details in addition to the video itself:

Session Type (Free Practice/TT/QR with 0 opponents/etc.)
Conditions (Time and Date, Weather, Wear rates etc.)
Car Setup
A note about how long pCARS had been running when the issue occurred

If the above had been provided, SMS could at least have tried to reproduce that specific landmine issue.

That's my take on it, but people are obviously free to disagree. :)
While that may be true, the steering ratio bug can be reproduced 100% of the time yet it still hasn't been fixed.

SUBGTRACER
27-01-2016, 19:33
I have squashed over 1 million bugs in my life time and not one time has it helped in pcars , I will try the goat as suggested.

ermo
28-01-2016, 19:34
While that may be true, the steering ratio bug can be reproduced 100% of the time yet it still hasn't been fixed.

Bummer. :(

i-am-the-stig
28-01-2016, 19:53
It's the same about my car falling from the sky at the start of the race no one is bothered any more

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-01-2016, 20:07
It's the same about my car falling from the sky at the start of the race no one is bothered any more

i-am-the-stig
28-01-2016, 20:09

Mines better
https://youtu.be/uDXyGnOxW5I

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-01-2016, 20:16
Nope, mine actually falls from the sky... your's sort of just flops down like a dead fish, sorry.

i-am-the-stig
28-01-2016, 20:19
So what's going to be done about theses glitches/bugs

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-01-2016, 20:25
The problem with your claims not being taken particularly seriously are two-fold;

1) You claimed to have encountered a wheel breaking bug, that wasn't true. Your wheel is fine.
2) You claim that your car falls from the heavens, that wasn't true. It was barely above the track.

Granted, both are bugs, but you would have probably had a better reception without such hyperbole, sensationalism and downright falsehoods.

i-am-the-stig
28-01-2016, 20:34
The problem with your claims not being taken particularly seriously are two-fold;

1) You claimed to have encountered a wheel breaking bug, that wasn't true. Your wheel is fine.
2) You claim that your car falls from the heavens, that wasn't true. It was barely above the track.

Granted, both are bugs, but you would have probably had a better reception without such hyperbole, sensationalism and downright falsehoods.

It's a free country I can say what I want and stop talking about this on this thread

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-01-2016, 20:36
It's a free country I can say what I want and stop talking about this on this thread

Eh?

ermo
30-01-2016, 16:04

Are you able to consistently reproduce this phenomenon under very specific conditions? And if so, have you documented those conditions anywhere on this forum so that SMS can attempt to reproduce the issue? :)

i-am-the-stig
31-01-2016, 12:48
Are you able to consistently reproduce this phenomenon under very specific conditions? And if so, have you documented those conditions anywhere on this forum so that SMS can attempt to reproduce the issue? :)

Not able to recreate but I want to know why has the game got control over my steering wheel at the start of the race wouldnt it be better for this function to happen as the count down starts then this wouldn't have made my steering wheel spin

biggbaddwolf
31-01-2016, 13:03
I call bullsh!t on it not being a software issue!! I thought it could be a Sony issue with all the freeze ups, and corrupt data and all, but after basically shelving PCars and playing other games for awhile now I have not had one single freeze up, or corrupt data, and the damndest thing is PCars developers, none of them have a pair big enough to acknowledge there is a problem!!!!!!!!!!! Not one single SORRY, or WE'LL CHECK INTO IT have I saw!! Oh well PCars will come in good for something, either a frisbee, or something to trade in at the local Gamestop!!

SUBGTRACER
31-01-2016, 22:38
I also have about 25 more title , none crash and corrupt like this ..................... It's clearly some type of lack of skills in their own field if they cant fix there own product.

Far too small a development team to take on the product in the first place ?

I'm not sure what it is but it is blatantly obvious there are still some major issues with the product when it corrupts , that should have been the first priority of the devs but I cant see it ever being fixed as it has been there from day 1 .

wyldanimal
01-02-2016, 03:59
Slightly Off topic to the OP's Post...

Started patch 8.0 by deleting my progress file and starting from Scratch.
I've played for about 4 hours, 30 minutes at a time so far...
in that 4 hours I've had two Black Screens, but the PS button still worked to Close the pCars App.
and I had one, No Start... all the cars were on the grid, but no response to the accelerator pedal, and the start lights never showed.
Option button, restart worked..
But No Other issues so far..
haven't had any landmines since patch 8.0
I was getting them all the time, almost every time I played.