PDA

View Full Version : Project cars : what's your favorite classes ?

seb02
27-01-2016, 07:29
Personally, I find the Group 5 and the TransAm really exciting to drive. They are powerful, have a beautiful sound. I find these classes really good. And you, what are your favorite classes?

After several months, i have to say : i love gt4 cars and bmw 320 TC.

AndrexUK
27-01-2016, 07:53
For me, it's probably the obvious boring answer of GT3, but I suspect a lot of that is down to how many lobbies / leagues use them.
If I was starting a league, I would be tempted to run a Group A league, although the Sierra seems to be quicker on almost all tracks, so it could either be a 'Sierra Grp A League', or a Grp A BMW / Merc League'
So yeah,
Favorite CLASS? = GT3, it's fairly balnced, and has many car options to suite most drivers
Favorite CAR? = Grp A Sierra Cossie

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
27-01-2016, 11:56
As a class? Road B, hands down.

AbeWoz
27-01-2016, 12:12
GT3 for sure. Favorite car is the Aston GTE. I'm really hoping for more GTE cars (at lease the Corvette C7.R) to create a more accurate Le Mans (get those GT4 off the track).
Group 5 is a close second.

Invincible
27-01-2016, 12:16
GT4, Road B and LMP2

Bealdor
27-01-2016, 12:21
Probably LMP1 for me. But GT3 and the slower Formula series are great too IMO.

As a class? Road B, hands down.

Why am I not surprised? LOL :victorious:

Plage
27-01-2016, 12:27
Everything Road and Touring. If I really had to pick one I'd say Group A.

Spudcake
27-01-2016, 12:32
As an offline-only player, my favourite classes at the moment are GT3 and GT4. I've started moving into Formula C and the glorious Formula Gulf aswell. Never been a big fan of the LMP classes in any game I've played. I don't find them very interesting to drive.

However, Group C is my all-time favourite class. I'd love to see a collection of them in this game to accompany the Sauber C9.

m355y
27-01-2016, 12:35
LMP2 is great fun. Closer racing than in LMP1, find it more engaging.

GT3 wins by a distance though for me.

DreamsKnight
27-01-2016, 12:51
I have seriuos problem to remember the car classes. I think i'll do an excel.

Sorry. :D

TwilightUA
27-01-2016, 14:22
Road C1, no doubt :yes:

Mahjik
27-01-2016, 14:26
All classes except for the karts...

Marfless
27-01-2016, 14:28
GT4 and GT3 for now need to try the lmp2 to see how that handles.

racesafegrandad
27-01-2016, 16:18
Those old classic F1 cars are a bitch to drive but a lot of fun.

kevin kirk
27-01-2016, 17:02
GT3 and GT3 with mixed class. Cant race lmp1 or 2. As much as I try and try. It just feels to much like I'm having a pretend race in fairy land in a pretend series that doesn't have gt and lmp cars on the same track together. Makes it feel like its a arcade game.

Krus Control
27-01-2016, 20:52
Historic touring and vintage F1 and Vintage GT. Just any of the old stuff.

Innerspace_HQ
27-01-2016, 21:09
Those old classic F1 cars are a bitch to drive but a lot of fun.

It's such a fight but brilliant fun. Big fan of the modern F1 car too, highly satisfying.

27-01-2016, 21:16
Really love the vintage F1s too. I think they might be my favorite cars, but as a class I prefer the Road B because there's so much variety.

poirqc
27-01-2016, 21:18
Road, GT4, old stuff...

Everything beside GT3 and Formulas!

Fractured Life
27-01-2016, 21:44
Quite enjoying the Formula C and learning not to brake.
Not really a class though.

Like Touring class as it has the old DTM's (loved the e30) we've run in a league (everyone stayed away from the Sierra. Too Beast) and we're running the modern Merc DTM's in a league right now. Remembering not to turn in with DRS open is a lot of fun.
Haven't tried any road cars 6 months in lol

I'd also like the Gt3, lmp2 and lmp1 to have a class so I could race them but no dice.

Ixoye56
27-01-2016, 22:12
Road, GT4, old stuff for me....

Equation
27-01-2016, 22:20
- DTM (C-Class Coupé DTM mostly)
- GT3
- LMP1
- Formula A

TMoney
27-01-2016, 22:32
Based off of single player only, GT cars hands down. I've had some of the best races ever in a sim against the AI in the GT4's followed by the GT3's. Unfortunately the AI seem to vary greatly depending on the class you race with. Open wheel is a no go for me at least against the AI. I just get clobbered up the rear coming into corners just about every time I tried. Way too much contact overall.

Could be why some people love the AI and others hate it. Really depends what class you're racing from my findings. I really hope we can still look forward to some tweaks even though last I remember the whole AI code will need to be rewritten to improve things from here. They should at least be consistent between classes though. I have minimal complaints with the GT's. Perfect no, but enjoyable and challenging hell yea. :)

27-01-2016, 22:54
Based off of single player only, GT cars hands down. I've had some of the best races ever in a sim against the AI in the GT4's followed by the GT3's. Unfortunately the AI seem to vary greatly depending on the class you race with. Open wheel is a no go for me at least against the AI. I just get clobbered up the rear coming into corners just about every time I tried. Way too much contact overall.

Could be why some people love the AI and others hate it. Really depends what class you're racing from my findings. I really hope we can still look forward to some tweaks even though last I remember the whole AI code will need to be rewritten to improve things from here. They should at least be consistent between classes though. I have minimal complaints with the GT's. Perfect no, but enjoyable and challenging hell yea. :)One thing we've also noticed with the AI has been in online races, where I'm pretty much always fine with them, but my friend keeps having serious issues. We've started to think that this might be because I'm "hosting", and there's something causing the AI to go a bit wonky on his end. We're trying this out by switching hosts the next time.

Fernandito
28-01-2016, 06:09
GT3 and GT4 ladies everywhere.., and assists users I bet too lol. It's all I see when going online. What a shame

FORMULA B all day long. Assist off

Invincible
28-01-2016, 06:34
GT3 and GT4 ladies everywhere.., and assists users I bet too lol. It's all I see when going online. What a shame

Who cares if someones using assists? If they want to, just let them.

Fernandito
28-01-2016, 06:56
Who cares if someones using assists?I do.

If they want to, just let them.Not in my lobbies. 99% of the people joining the lobby often leave right in the moment they see all the assists not allowed on the screen setup roflmao. It's just so sad, specially in a game semi-sim like this which is supposed to be enjoyed this way. So sad

m355y
28-01-2016, 07:10
Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet but for me Formula Renault is the best of the open wheel classes, the cars are properly challenging but feel really nicely weighted and when you make a mistake you know it was because you did something wrong - have had some great races in changing weather conditions, really gotta watch the throttle exiting corners especially or it's very hard to catch a slide. I'd put that just ahead of Formula B and miles ahead of FA which for me is one of the least satisfying classes in the game. Too jittery for the level of grip there should be.

Invincible
28-01-2016, 07:10
It's just so sad, specially in a game semi-sim like this which is supposed to be enjoyed this way. So sad

Erm... no. If the real car has assists, it is supposed to be driven with these assists. But if you want to discuss this further, I would recommend to switch to PM's so we don't derail this thread any further.

Flat_out
28-01-2016, 07:56
Gt3
Renault Megane V6
Formula rookie

JessicaWalter
28-01-2016, 08:33
Formula A and Touring

balderz002
28-01-2016, 11:32
LMP900
Group C
...... TBD.......

Psychomatrix
28-01-2016, 12:03
At the moment I love the megane v6 trophy car. Not that I'm really quick with them. But on this car you feel the great physics in pcars.
The rs01 is great too. After 8.0 I realized how much grip that car have......but now wonder tire physics on 7.0 where bad.
But in general LMP1 - GT3 - Gr.5 - lotus 78 - lotus 99 - DTM - Formula A, 3.5
I like nearly every car in the game. Maybe the 4 door aston martin is a car that I nearly never pick

Haiden
28-01-2016, 15:34
Formula A
LMP1
Open Wheel Classics
Formula Renault

Salty Dog
28-01-2016, 15:35
Touring cars.

Scuderia Paul
28-01-2016, 19:27
LMP1 is my favourite by a massive margin and accounts for 85% - 90% of my time.

Despite LMP1 being so dominant I enjoy everything really bar road cars which don't appeal to me. The only road car I ever use is the Radical RXC Turbo which is great fun.

Shadowoff
28-01-2016, 19:36
not a real class, but using custom grid mod with LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars and thats my favorite constalation of racing : )

TexasTyme214
28-01-2016, 20:45
I think GT3 stands out because it's the largest class in the game while still being pretty balanced. Had every class have 10+ cars, Group C or 5 would be my favorite. As it stands now, LMP1 is my favorite.

SofiaMatata
29-01-2016, 13:06
LMP900, LMP2 and LMP1.
Formula Rookie is great fun also on busy tracks. :)

Most fun cars for me though are vintage F1 cars. I'm absolutely atrocious with them, but I love them and the holy moly factor they give when you push yourself to the limit with them. :D

balderz002
30-01-2016, 15:27
Decided, my 3rd fave class is the Trans Am class. Just wish it had a few more cars to pick from. You never know with a Mazda in game, could lead to more?

So that's

LMP900
Group C
Trans Am

Dimer
01-02-2016, 12:04
At the moment Group A and GT3.

I would love to see more Group A cars though.

Diamond_Eyes
01-02-2016, 13:56
LMP1
FA
DTM

... and any other thoroughbred racing tub with useable DF still to be discovered

jim jonez
01-02-2016, 16:44
Not one Road A? Explains why there's not a lot of lobbies.... Best class !!!

Suey106Gti
19-06-2016, 17:53
GT5 Ginetta Junior Although Not The Fastest But Damn Fun ...
GT3 Very Competitive And Fun
LMP2 Love This Class Enjoyed Very Much On Le Man , Road America & Watkins Glen Long
LMP1 Very Enjoyable Bigger Tracks Needed Or The LMP2 Can Keep With LMP1 ....

Cholton82
19-06-2016, 20:12
GT3 and GT4 closely followed by the prototypes . Although F1 is my favourite sport I'm weirdly not interested in driving open wheelers .

Olijke Poffer
19-06-2016, 20:45
GT3
GT4
DTM

breyzipp
19-06-2016, 21:55
road cars, touring cars, GT cars and prototypes, all both modern and classic.

I guess that's basically everything except karts and formula cars. :)

KANETAKER
20-06-2016, 00:36
LeMans and endurance classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE, GT3 and DP.

Rambo_Commando
20-06-2016, 01:26
All the Formula cars including Indy
LMP1/2/900
GT3

Pigmachine
20-06-2016, 02:43
Road C1, EVO IX
GT3 (McLaren, earlier, but don't understand their "We Don't need usable mirrors/cameras, since we are (where) so fast").
Touring group A? Ford Cosworth.. and still just poking around a little in the other classes. Only 55 hours under my belt!

Ryzza5
20-06-2016, 03:12
GT3 + Touring Cars

Shogun613
20-06-2016, 03:16
I'm a sucker for Prototypes (both P1 and P2) and GT3's.

Cheesenium
20-06-2016, 04:21
Road cars, C1, B and A are my favorites.
GT3s
Single makes such as Formula Renault and RS01
V8SC

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 06:51
Formula B. Obviously.

Formula B physics are most engaging, and have put to shame any other F1 game around. The great quality construction of the tracks in this game (the bumps, good layout construction, etc) has helped too.

Funny thing this is a road CARS oriented game (GT, road, etc), and the best and funnest classes by a mile are the open wheels, specially FB again.

Have you people seen the new CM F12016 already?. Seriously. Once Project Cars came, its open wheelers, specially FB put to their F1 series to shame. Totally outdated engine, physics, graphics..., everything. Aren't these guys seriously ashamed?. They can't simply compete against project Cars in what It comes to open wheel racing and physics, and they just don't give a damn lol. They continue to release the shame outdated **** year after year. It's amazing how they laugh at everyone's face year after year

Diamond_Eyes
20-06-2016, 10:56
Love the FB also and the other open-wheelers - proper race cars. No wrestling with oversteer-understeer-oversteer like with the tractor like GT cars.
The FB engine sounds the same as the Dallara Indycar.

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 11:58
Love the FB also and the other open-wheelers - proper race cars. No wrestling with oversteer-understeer-oversteer like with the tractor like GT cars.
The FB engine sounds the same as the Dallara Indycar.yeah man GT3 cars do **** big time in this game. Why are they so famous everybody in the lobbies, well the four lobbies that are still kicking around have set it to GT3?. They're horribly bad to drive.

I repeat. Funny thing that in a game oriented to GT cars (road, GT, touring etc), the best experience you can have out of it lies in Its openwheelers. Actually, I dare say project cars is currently the best openwheel game available. FB and Formula Renault is certainly a blast of an experience you can't get anywhere else. CM F1 games? lol

Roger Prynne
20-06-2016, 12:07
yeah man GT3 cars do **** big time in this game. Why are they so famous everybody in the lobbies, well the four lobbies that are still kicking around have set it to GT3?. They're horribly bad to drive.

I repeat. Funny thing that in a game oriented to GT cars (road, GT, touring etc), the best experience you can have out of it lies in Its openwheelers. Actually, I dare say project cars is currently the best openwheel game available. FB and Formula Renault is certainly a blast of an experience you can't get anywhere else. CM F1 games? lol
Because they are the easiest to drive?

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 12:16
Because they are the easiest to drive?No. They are not easy to drive. Actually there're one of the hardest due to the constant oversteer-understeer-oversteer, as diamond eyes said:). They feel like boats. The poor sense of speed aboard them doesn't help as well with having satisfaction out of driving them.

Of course I'm saying this from a no assists point of view, because you GT3 guys don't use assists...., mmmmh right?

Bealdor
20-06-2016, 12:18
No. They are not easy to drive. Actually there're one of the hardest due to the constant oversteer-understeer-oversteer, as dyamond eyes said:). They feel like boats.

Of course I'm saying this from a no assists point of view, because you GT3 guys don't use assists...., mmmmh right?

GT3 cars are meant to be driven with (real) assists. ;)

Compared to open wheelers and LMP cars every race car feels like a boat because of higher weight and less DF.

Cheesenium
20-06-2016, 12:25
No. They are not easy to drive. Actually there're one of the hardest due to the constant oversteer-understeer-oversteer, as diamond eyes said:). They feel like boats. The poor sense of speed aboard them doesn't help as well with having satisfaction out of driving them.

GT3s is one of the easiest class to drive because they have sufficient aero and offer generally good handling. On top of it, they are fast with all of them based on sports cars chassis that makes them more visually interesting on grid.

I say Real assists is more realistic as GT3s are meant to be driven with assists as per real life series. Driving GT3 and many other classes in the game with no assists makes it even more unrealistic because many real life series requires some form of electronic assists.

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 12:38
I see now why you guys have no trouble driving GT3 cars...

Everything makes sense now, and not in the good sense. Anyway everyone to their own fav thingy

wesker6664
20-06-2016, 12:57
I see now why you guys have no trouble driving GT3 cars...

Everything makes sense now, and not in the good sense. Anyway everyone to their own fav thingy
I always drive with no assists and have no trouble with most GT3 cars. About what you're experiencing (oversteer - understeer - oversteer) i suspect car set up (mainly diff ?) and maybe bad driving habits coming from open wheelers ;)

Personally my favourite classes are the historic ones. I love the old 2002 Turbo, Ford Sierra, M1 Procar, etc...

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 13:06
and maybe bad driving habits coming from open wheelers ;)heheh perhaps:D

Personally my favourite classes are the historic ones. I love the old 2002 Turbo, Ford Sierra, M1 Procar, etc...After open wheelers, I think my next fav is Group A (Capri and Old good BMW are these?). Touring Cars too, of course. Now those can be hard too heheh

edit: Have a reputation post for being a no-assists driver man:)

GrimeyDog
20-06-2016, 13:33
GT3s is one of the easiest class to drive because they have sufficient aero and offer generally good handling. On top of it, they are fast with all of them based on sports cars chassis that makes them more visually interesting on grid.

I say Real assists is more realistic as GT3s are meant to be driven with assists as per real life series. Driving GT3 and many other classes in the game with no assists makes it even more unrealistic because many real life series requires some form of electronic assists.

All the Cars are Easy to Drive... But its Hard to Drive them Fast thats a whole other equation.

GT3 Ruf Laguna Seca i My fastest is 1:22.5xx with a Stock tune!!! I dont even adjust tire PSI....I can Run 1:23.6xx Race Pace with No assist... I think the Assist slow you down... Some times you Need to Throttle Steer when your off line to get the car pointed back on the right line without losing too much speed....cant do that with Assist on.

eiwhatsup
20-06-2016, 14:06
. But its Hard to Drive them Fast thats a whole other equation.
yeah man that's right what I was talking about, but didn't explain myself very clearly maybe.

GT3 cars in Project Cars are difficult to drive. However, and please no one take this as any comparison between games, please, GT3 cars in assetto are a joy to do. Actually, in that game the only cool cars in what It comes to handling are gt3 (and open wheels of course too). So what's the deal with GT3 cars in project Cars?. I can go really fast with them in asetto, but not at all in PC

Cheesenium
20-06-2016, 15:11
All the Cars are Easy to Drive... But its Hard to Drive them Fast thats a whole other equation.

There are a few cars, such as Toyota TS040 or Lotus 49 for me, I had never been able to even finish a lap on the easiest track in the game. That car is what I considered hard to drive. Most GT3 isnt even near as difficult as TS040. I dont care how fast are you without assists, as most if not all real life GT3 races mandate the use electronics assists where no assists means less realistic.

I didnt enjoy AC's GT3s as much as pcars or R3E with AC's GT3 felt the most sterile as if there are very little character when driving each car. IMO, R3E does the best GT3s so far among all 3 games likely because they had Kelvin van der Linde consulting for the GT3 overhaul. Cant wait to see Rene Rast feedback for pcars 2.

GrimeyDog
20-06-2016, 15:44
There are a few cars, such as Toyota TS040 or Lotus 49 for me, I had never been able to even finish a lap on the easiest track in the game. That car is what I considered hard to drive. Most GT3 isnt even near as difficult as TS040. I dont care how fast are you without assists, as most if not all real life GT3 races mandate the use electronics assists where no assists means less realistic.

I didnt enjoy AC's GT3s as much as pcars or R3E with AC's GT3 felt the most sterile as if there are very little character when driving each car. IMO, R3E does the best GT3s so far among all 3 games likely because they had Kelvin van der Linde consulting for the GT3 overhaul. Cant wait to see Rene Rast feedback for pcars 2.

Are you using a Wheel???... if so then you May Need to Readjust your Global Settings to get Better Feel out of your wheel.

https://youtu.be/_bA2RDdgTxw

I can Get Really Good Laps in Both the 49 and the 49c... Its all about how you can feel what the Car is doing through the wheel... and this Lap was done with My Old Pcars setings!!! I have New settings that are Much better!!! Much better Balance of FFB power and Fidelity where the stronger Forces dont over shadow subtle Road Feel....PDF with settings posted on Front page of My Thread....there is alot of Great info in the thread to help you fine tune and adjust FFB to your wheel used and FFB taste.

GrimeyDog
20-06-2016, 15:56
I will Try assist later when i get on... I'm just so used to running without them... for Me assist usually Make the car feel stiff like it dont want to turn... Feels very Stable but unresponsive... Ive Never Played a Sim where assist felt Natural.

GrimeyDog
20-06-2016, 21:53
Driving with the Assist is Soo Easy it feels like Cheating!!! makes My laps Slower though...Cant throttle Steer in the corners with assist on.

expl01tr
21-06-2016, 06:38
GT5 Hands down, the Capri and BMW just never get boring to drive, turn the waste gate pressure up and they just get even more hairy similar to the Cosworths of old. They really had something going in the late 70's early 80's. And of course I have to add that my favourite car of all time the MK1 GT-40 never gets old to me even 50 years down the track. There's something to be said for just purely mechanical driving, no computers, no enhancements just you and the machine.

Jason PLAdoh
21-06-2016, 11:12
Would have said Formula Rookie for me, but no one seems to race them on public lobies, and then I just tried Historic touring cars 2, In a mercedes, never touched one before, Most fun I've had on PCars to date, who ever thought to combine a Coach with a Crab and race it, knew what fun was!

Apologies to everyone I was Boisterous with, Literally could not get the thing stopped.

I like GT3, But can only be fast for a couple of laps before I've lost tyres, even though I'm Smooth. And the Z4 seems to spin at random, so getting bored with them.

J

cxMilk
21-06-2016, 18:16
Group A's definitely one of my favorites, especially the Sierra. Loved LMP3 after running them for a season in career mode. Didn't expect that at all. I've put a lot of hours in with GT3 thanks to career mode but there's other stuff I'd always rather jump in when it comes to QRWs: Group A, Group 5, LMP900, GT4, and believe it or not, Superkarts. Those things are just mental.

There's still a lot of stuff I've yet to experience in this game, namely open wheelers. Outside of the the 98t invitational and community events that use the FA, I haven't touched any of the open wheelers. Same goes for the Fusion, Falcon and a few other one-make classes. Just haven't gotten around to them yet. Needless to say, PC2 can take as much dev time as it needs because I still have a lot to experience in this game.

tico21
22-06-2016, 19:36
Been watching American Lemans racing on Youtube, then jump behind the wheel of an LMP1 car. Also Can Am racing from the mid 60's, I'd like to see the #66 Jim Hall Chaparral car in Pcars!

rosko
22-06-2016, 21:34
Road b,c,d
GT4/5
Vintage F1
Historic Touring
Road a
Vintage GT & group cars
GT1
GT3
LMP2
LMP 900

Mostly all of the above in roughly that order LMP1, formula ABC & other open wheel not really doing it for me but im sure i will get into them at some point.

Stewy32
29-09-2016, 19:56
LMP1, LMP2, LMP900, GT3, Formula C and Radical RXC Turbo

Alan Dallas
30-09-2016, 10:02
Ever since the DW-12 was released it's pretty much all I have driven since. Other than the occasional LMP1 race that is. There has been a couple days after I get home from where I fire up a Solo race and do 4hrs of the Glen in the TS040... then I'm off to bed.

Stewy32
30-09-2016, 19:09
Ever since the DW-12 was released it's pretty much all I have driven since. Other than the occasional LMP1 race that is. There has been a couple days after I get home from where I fire up a Solo race and do 4hrs of the Glen in the TS040... then I'm off to bed.Nice.Might try that myself.

Markus Ott
30-09-2016, 22:13
1. Formula Renault 3.5
2. Sauber C9 + Audi 90 GTO (+ Ford Mustang TransAm) for multiclass
3. GT3 for variety

Ravager619
02-10-2016, 20:56
1. Australian V8 Supercars. I used to watch them all the time here in the States back when they actually broadcasted the races instead of showing us one-hour highlight shows.
2. GT3.
3. LMP1.
4. Touring. I don't remember which series the old Mercedes 190E is in but that car is fun to drive.

VelvetTorpedo
03-10-2016, 15:11
GT3
Road B
Aus. V8 supercar

bradleyland
03-10-2016, 16:09
Road B » The cars are reasonably fast, but in most cases their power feels balanced with the chassis. The Ruf RGT-8 is, I think, one of the best sports cars in the game. The only problem with this class is that it's not particularly well balanced. On long tracks, the McLaren F1 destroys the field. On tight tracks, the BAC Mono is untouchable.

GT4 » There are two kinds of race cars: Cars that are so fast and at the limit of technology. They demand lightning quick timing of brake points, turn in, and throttle control. Then there are cars that aren't particularly fast, don't have a lot of downforce, and require the driver to mind the limits of available grip to avoid overdriving the car. GT4 is the latter, and I prefer them, by far. Classes like LMP1 and open wheel cars like Indy and the various Formula X classes — even GT3 to some extent) feel too clinical to me. Being competitive comes down to circuit familiarity, and executing a series of well timed actions. When I race GT4, I feel like I'm managing the car as much as I am the race.

LMP3 » This is another class with balance issues, so you end up racing these as single-make most of the time, but there are some real super-stars in this class. Cars that are fast, have a lot of grip, but also move around quite a bit so that you get a sense that you're driving the car. My favorites in this class are the Radical SR3-RS and Caterham SP/300.R. I prefer the SR3 over the SR8 because the SR3 is, IMO, better balanced. In the SR8, the power dominates the car. It's very easy to over drive this car. The SP/300.R is an under-appreciated gem of a car. It's not the fastest, but it has tremendous balance. It's also very approachable. I've had a lot of really great online races with this car, even in public lobbies.

Road C1 » Really this is just about the BMW 1M. There's something about the balance of this car that I just love. When I see a C1 Nordschleife server up, I hop in immediately. When I first started driving the 1M, I didn't fall in love with it immediately, but I made some minor tweaks to the setup, and now the car has just a hint of understeer, which goes away immediately if you lift or brake slightly. Kesselchen can feel a little tiresome in this car, but once you pass Hohe Acht, there are very few cars that deliver as much enjoyment as the 1M. You can really assault the curbs at Hedwigshohe. Wippermann, Eschbach, and Brunnchen challenge the limits of grip, but the balance of chassis and power means that you can go full throttle very early, rotating the rear of the car in a way that makes you feel like a superstar. Definitely loads of fun.

Zpectre87
04-10-2016, 00:16
Road B » The cars are reasonably fast, but in most cases their power feels balanced with the chassis. The Ruf RGT-8 is, I think, one of the best sports cars in the game. The only problem with this class is that it's not particularly well balanced. On long tracks, the McLaren F1 destroys the field. On tight tracks, the BAC Mono is untouchable.

I think the 12C should've been in this class. The Ruf can do battle with the 12C so it's not too fast for this class.

GT4 » There are two kinds of race cars: Cars that are so fast and at the limit of technology. They demand lightning quick timing of brake points, turn in, and throttle control. Then there are cars that aren't particularly fast, don't have a lot of downforce, and require the driver to mind the limits of available grip to avoid overdriving the car. GT4 is the latter, and I prefer them, by far. Classes like LMP1 and open wheel cars like Indy and the various Formula X classes — even GT3 to some extent) feel too clinical to me. Being competitive comes down to circuit familiarity, and executing a series of well timed actions. When I race GT4, I feel like I'm managing the car as much as I am the race.

I'm not there yet in the career but I took the M3 GT4 for a spin and I had a laugh when I learned the car was fully manual! Didn't expect that at GT level. I believe the Mustang is manual as well.

Road C1 » Really this is just about the BMW 1M. There's something about the balance of this car that I just love. When I see a C1 Nordschleife server up, I hop in immediately. When I first started driving the 1M, I didn't fall in love with it immediately, but I made some minor tweaks to the setup, and now the car has just a hint of understeer, which goes away immediately if you lift or brake slightly. Kesselchen can feel a little tiresome in this car, but once you pass Hohe Acht, there are very few cars that deliver as much enjoyment as the 1M. You can really assault the curbs at Hedwigshohe. Wippermann, Eschbach, and Brunnchen challenge the limits of grip, but the balance of chassis and power means that you can go full throttle very early, rotating the rear of the car in a way that makes you feel like a superstar. Definitely loads of fun.

I tend to favor BMWs because they all drive the same (apart from M1). Throw them hard into the corner, then modulate oversteer on exit with the throttle. I use the real assists with the 1M. The ability to tune TC slip gives you additional strategic input on the car's behavior. The rest of the cars in this class are AWD mostly so quite different from the 1M. This is a car which most reviewers fell in love with and when I first drove it in pCars I immediately understood why.

The best thing about this car, though, is that softer front springs actually do something in pCARS. This gives me enough room to minimize the entry understeer.

AB_Attack
07-10-2016, 08:21
GT3 mostly, but LMPs are great on Le Mans and I love FA too but it requires lots of concentration.

Stewy32
10-10-2016, 20:19
Formula C is great fun.

Cholton82
11-10-2016, 21:08
I loved the Ginetta in GT4 and had some great racing in that series , GT3 is possibly my favourite along with LMP2 in the Endurance series . I've not bothered with either LMP2 or LMP1 in the stand alone championships as it seems pointless with the short races .

17-10-2016, 07:56
Road B » The cars are reasonably fast, but in most cases their power feels balanced with the chassis. The Ruf RGT-8 is, I think, one of the best sports cars in the game. The only problem with this class is that it's not particularly well balanced. On long tracks, the McLaren F1 destroys the field. On tight tracks, the BAC Mono is untouchable.I think you meant fast and slow tracks, not long and short tracks necessarily. And FWIW the BAC is insane on fast tracks too, the tyres are just that bloody good, even on Monza the second quickest car on the leaderboards is the Mono, even though you'd expect one of the higher top speed ones to take the cake. And the McLaren F1 on the McLaren F1 tyres is a force to reckon with even on short twisty tracks. With a decent driver behind the wheel, I don't think any Road B car can beat the McF1 on any track apart from the BAC Mono.

I've done some fairly extensive testing relating to this, and have concluded that because the McLaren F1 has the McLaren F1 tyres (which are not period accurate for it) and the BAC Mono has the SuperSoft tyres (which are accurate for it, but rarer IRL than the Primes) they should be in Road A. If the McLaren F1 was using the Denloc tyres and the Mono was using the Prime tyres they'd fit Road B quite nicely, but since we can't limit that they're way too fast for the class.

On the other end is the Ford Mustang GT, which is by all accounts a Road C1 car. It'd be near the faster end there but not the fastest even then, in Road B it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell unless everyone else is an idiot or there are huge accidents.

None of the other classes are perfect either, especially Road A is clearly two classes rolled into one: A super duper high-end class with the P1, GUMPERT etc. and the more normal hypersports car class with the Huayra and 12C etc.

I have made my "dream road class redistribution" some time ago and have posted it many times. With only a few changes we could make the road classes a lot better, but unfortunately it was never implemented, which is a shame. It can be helpful for people looking to organize a race though, when they can trust the people picking the cars in a "Car class: Any" session:

Road A1/Road S: Ariel Atom V8 500, GUMPERT apollo S, McLaren P1, Radical RXC Turbo, Ruf CTR3 (and the Radbul, either here or in Road A2/A)
Road A2/Road A: BAC Mono, McLaren F1, Pagani Huayra, Pagani Huayra BC, Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, Ruf Rt 12 R, W Motors Lykan HyperSport
Road B: Ariel Atom 300, Ariel Atom Mugen, Aston Martin Vantage GT12, Audi R8 V10+, BMW 1-Series M Coupe StanceWorks, Caterham Superlight R500, KTM X-Bow R, McLaren 12C, Mercedes SLS AMG, Ruf CTR, Ruf RGT-8, Scion FR-S Rocket Bunny
Road C1: BMW 1-Series M Coupe, Ford Mustang GT, Mercedes A45 AMG, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ-360, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400, Renault Megane R.S. 275 Trophy-R
Road C2: Audi A1 quattro, Ford Focus RS, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME, Renault Megane R.S. 265
Road D: Caterham Seven Classic, Scion FR-S, Toyota 86, Toyota GT-86

It's not like the classes would be perfectly balanced, that's not in the nature of a road car class if you ask me, but they wouldn't be quite so badly out of balance either. The 12C and RGT-8 are the clear stand-out cars of Road B on most tracks, the Megane R.S. 275 Trophy-R is suffering in Road C1, the Caterham Classic can actually be quick on a certain type of track, but it really suffers from a lack of tyre options.

In an optimal situation we'd be able to limit tyre choices for the cars so that we could expand on this, like for example running the 12C on something other than the P Zero Trofeo track tyre would make it fit in with the Road B class even better (same for the RGT-8), the McLaren F1 with the Denloc tyres would be there too, and many other options would open up. I need to make a sort of comparison table of the cars on various tyres for use as a resource for online sessions...

Oh yeah, and I do agree with the 1M, it's a fantastic little car, and possibly my favorite drifter in the game (base version). =)

sergio4
23-10-2016, 19:45
Legends cars

Djuvinile
27-10-2016, 12:59
Indycar or Formula Renault atm for me i guess..

Zpectre87
29-10-2016, 08:47
I think you meant fast and slow tracks, not long and short tracks necessarily. And FWIW the BAC is insane on fast tracks too, the tyres are just that bloody good, even on Monza the second quickest car on the leaderboards is the Mono, even though you'd expect one of the higher top speed ones to take the cake. And the McLaren F1 on the McLaren F1 tyres is a force to reckon with even on short twisty tracks. With a decent driver behind the wheel, I don't think any Road B car can beat the McF1 on any track apart from the BAC Mono.

I've done some fairly extensive testing relating to this, and have concluded that because the McLaren F1 has the McLaren F1 tyres (which are not period accurate for it) and the BAC Mono has the SuperSoft tyres (which are accurate for it, but rarer IRL than the Primes) they should be in Road A. If the McLaren F1 was using the Denloc tyres and the Mono was using the Prime tyres they'd fit Road B quite nicely, but since we can't limit that they're way too fast for the class.

On the other end is the Ford Mustang GT, which is by all accounts a Road C1 car. It'd be near the faster end there but not the fastest even then, in Road B it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell unless everyone else is an idiot or there are huge accidents.

None of the other classes are perfect either, especially Road A is clearly two classes rolled into one: A super duper high-end class with the P1, GUMPERT etc. and the more normal hypersports car class with the Huayra and 12C etc.

I reply to the bolded:

1) The decent driver is exactly the problem! :D I don't think this car even has ABS. It's quite fun to drive once you've got the hang of it, but will terrorize a newbie with its power and lack of assists. I can also attest to the McLaren being fast at shorter tracks, as the AI's top cars in Road B are almost always the McLaren and the BAC Mono, with the RGT-8 a relatively close third.

2) What are these "McLaren F1" tires supposed to be anyway? I thought they were bespoke stock tires, but according to you they're not.

3) It should've been a Shelby GT350 to stand a chance in the higher class.

I'd like it if the classes were far more customizable than they are now, because there are some classes that don't make much sense. I did a GT4 race at Spa and the grid was full of those hydrogen Aston Martins and Toyota GT-86s, and only one Ginetta. The Rocket Bunny GT-86 is not too bad, but the Rapide should never have been in GT4 in the first place! I have to wonder whether the custom grid tool can remedy this problem.

Right now there's also enough cars in GTE class that you could separate them from the GT3 cars. We're only really missing the 458 and the 991 RSR then.

wooddylan170
29-10-2016, 10:22
GT3 class for me. So many cars, and they all sound awesome!

Also the LMP1 class as they can be quite quick. I'm a sucker for the WEC and Le Mans :cool:!