PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Skin/Color Help

rawalters117
27-01-2016, 20:18
Hey all, Im new to project cars. Ill keep it short. When a car is in my garage, I select a specific color/skin. But then when I press back (and it does save) it forces me to select a car from the list. I then end up with some random color rather than the one I selected in my garage. I cant find any way to select the specific car from my garage. Please help. Thanks!

Warren1571
28-01-2016, 00:57
I had the exact same problem when I first got PCars. Unfortunately the menu screens aren't the most intuitive.

The trick is, go to your garage, pick your car, select the livery (ie. color etc), then press X, not back. When you press X you will see the little save icon in the bottom right hand corner for a few seconds. Then press back (circle button).

When you get back to the general car selection screen, DON'T select the car again (even though on this menu screen the car doesn't show your selected color/livery), just press back and go to your race, your car should be with the livery you selected in your garage.

I had this trouble for quite a while, couldn't figure it out, thought it was a software bug, but then someone kindly helped me out on these forums.

Enjoy the game mate, a lot of racing awaits you :)

rawalters117
28-01-2016, 05:19
I had the exact same problem when I first got PCars. Unfortunately the menu screens aren't the most intuitive.

The trick is, go to your garage, pick your car, select the livery (ie. color etc), then press X, not back. When you press X you will see the little save icon in the bottom right hand corner for a few seconds. Then press back (circle button).

When you get back to the general car selection screen, DON'T select the car again (even though on this menu screen the car doesn't show your selected color/livery), just press back and go to your race, your car should be with the livery you selected in your garage.

I had this trouble for quite a while, couldn't figure it out, thought it was a software bug, but then someone kindly helped me out on these forums.

Enjoy the game mate, a lot of racing awaits you :)

Thanks that seemed to work! I just got the thrustmaster t150, but may send it back and upgrade to the t300rs. Having a blast so far.