PDA

View Full Version : Is Online Really This Bad?

ziggo
28-01-2016, 00:24
My experience with the online with Project Cars has been really horrible so far. I've had maybe 2 races that were fine, other than that, the rooms are horrible. To begin with 90% of the connections are red bars. In other games I can get green bar connections fine by the plenty. In this game, however, almost all red, a GOOD connection is yellow and there's the rare green bar. How is it that bad? If the room is 16 players, there's definitely going to be some warping.

Then there's the general player. Even set to PRO, the rooms I join are filled with dirty racers. There's been only a couple of races where there wasn't any turn 1 incidents and I've had the games for about 3 months and been playing at least 2-3 times a week. It seems like no one in this game knows how to drive clean. What am I missing here?

Neil Bateman
28-01-2016, 00:44
I think online racing in an open server in any game is the same, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.

If i join a race and its a long qualy or practice session i will sit for a while and watch how others are driving, or if trying to qualify i see too many idiots i would not waste that much time only to crash out in turn 1 so i just leave, if its 10-15 mins qualy then 5-10 laps i will take a gamble and give it a shot, get past the 1st few corners and you could have a good race.

I think unless you join a league or a group of clean racers, with open servers you have to have a certain mindset where you know it could go one way or the other and just go with the flow so to speak, if you want good close clean racing join a league, if not then its pot luck, always has been and always will be.

Sasquatch
28-01-2016, 01:59
Check your own connection, because you may have issues connecting smoothly to others.

But it's kind of obvious - public lobbys = rollin' the die for dirty racers. It happens on all racing games.

ziggo
28-01-2016, 15:23
In this game it's been by far the worst. I used to play GT5 and 6 online and it was the opposite. The lobby options were WAY better and I would only occasionally run into rooms that were filled with dirty drivers. The connections were almost always solid, even when joining some servers overseas sometimes.

The online lobby options are so limited and the netcode isn't as strong as games from LAST gen games such as GT5 and 6. I've played GT5 and 6 online and those experiences were really good, this games however, has been absolutely horrible. The only reason I bought this game was to fill the gap between the next Gran Turismo on PS4, but now even for that it doesn't suffice. At this point, I'm waiting on Assetto Corsa as I've heard good things about that game. I had heard bad things about PC going in, but I didn't know it was this bad and to this extent. It makes me question what the devs are thinking. The menus are so over complicated and filled with bugs. I hate having to navigate through it.

Paulzx
29-01-2016, 17:26
We said it before - add a reputation system to identify drivers by, that way you can see who is worth getting on the track with
and who to boot out of the lobby straight away (and the host should always be able to do that in an online session).

It would stop all this. Not people being twats, just ending up in lobbies with twats.

RobMUFC1987
29-01-2016, 20:10
In this game it's been by far the worst. I used to play GT5 and 6 online and it was the opposite. The lobby options were WAY better and I would only occasionally run into rooms that were filled with dirty drivers. The connections were almost always solid, even when joining some servers overseas sometimes.

The online lobby options are so limited and the netcode isn't as strong as games from LAST gen games such as GT5 and 6. I've played GT5 and 6 online and those experiences were really good, this games however, has been absolutely horrible. The only reason I bought this game was to fill the gap between the next Gran Turismo on PS4, but now even for that it doesn't suffice. At this point, I'm waiting on Assetto Corsa as I've heard good things about that game. I had heard bad things about PC going in, but I didn't know it was this bad and to this extent. It makes me question what the devs are thinking. The menus are so over complicated and filled with bugs. I hate having to navigate through it.

I think GT was better because we could name the lobbies. Main 3 types of named lobbies were Track Day, Destruction Derby and Clean. You could tell what the lobby was like before joining. Another feature I liked in GT was always being in the lobby page, so during practice or qualifying, you just left the track to kick people. Then after the race, straight back to the lobby while waiting a track change or vote. Basically the lobby was the pitlane. The only loading was track changes. If no track change, jump straight back in, where in PC it takes nearly 5 mins from the race finish till you load into the next session

i-am-the-stig
31-01-2016, 11:07
The problem is they made it too easy for any one using a controller they can break shorter then any one else so they run in to the back of you

novcze
31-01-2016, 17:18

I played TOCA 3 on PS2 and online component was better than in Project Cars and yes, it was on fat PS2 with network adapter

Sixer
31-01-2016, 17:32
The problem is they made it too easy for any one using a controller they can break shorter then any one else so they run in to the back of you

This. Twitchy controller steering out drives a smooth steering wheel?

Not very realistic when in racing, smoother is faster. A guy taking a turn smoothly on a race track will always out drive the guy who is driving with twitchy hands.

i-am-the-stig
31-01-2016, 17:50

Not very realistic when in racing, smoother is faster. A guy taking a turn smoothly on a race track will always out drive the guy who is driving with twitchy hands.

You would have thought that but not on project Cars

RobMUFC1987
31-01-2016, 22:50

But is the guy who is driving smooth pushing the car to his limit? Just because you have a wheel, doesn't make you automatically faster.

Plus the twitchy car in front could be a wheel user because not everyone can drive with a wheel or it could be connection based

Edit - As for smooth is always faster, why hasn't Jenson Button won more races/championships?

Sixer
01-02-2016, 14:47
Smooth + driving at the limit beats Erratic + driving at the limit.

Go read Ross Bentley 's Speed Secrets rather than watching F1 on TV.

KasperVJensen
02-02-2016, 01:17
Pad users can brake later?

Warren1571
02-02-2016, 03:32
Is the answer to ban all online gaming?

The answer sadly is Yes.

Sixer
02-02-2016, 04:20
The answer is to run in leagues where everyone must have a wheel or vice versa.

That being said I still like Project Cars online so far. I really have no complaints.

Not a complaint but I do wish online was organized better.