PDA

View Full Version : Clipping

P-h-d-77
28-01-2016, 11:49
Hi, I've heard this talked about a lot, what is it ?
Thanks

BigDad
28-01-2016, 11:57
A hair cut ?
Nah , its when the force feed back to you wheel becomes over powered by incorrect settings , a definite problem and should be avoided at all costs .
O , and by the way Welcome !And Hello .

RomKnight
28-01-2016, 12:27
To quickly improve on this,

use the telemetry hud (you may need to map a key to that in the controllers menu right hand side), look at the yellow line inside a box (top left corner of the screen).

If that yellow line flattens constantly while you turn you're clipping the FFB. Start by reducing the tyre force and or FFB in the controllers/FFB menus (I really don't recall the submenus now because it is a config once and forget:) )

BigDad
28-01-2016, 12:50
He might not even have a wheel .
Improve ? Nah just different information .
As i said Welcome P-h-d -77, this forum is full of people who can always do better than the next person .

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 13:25
Note there are 2x types of clipping.

1) FFB clipping that can be seen in the FFB Graph as a Flat Line------ while Turning and the Wheel Loses Feeling. ----> Adjust Global and In Car FFB Settings.

2) Clipping at the wheel... that will Not be Seen in the FFB Graph the wheel Loses Feel. ---->Reduce Game Master FFB

artao
28-01-2016, 13:35
Speaking of clipping ...........
I just spent several hours tweaking my FFB, after installing the most recent set of Jack Spade's FFB files (mine were v1.6, the newest is v2.6 :eek: )
All the adjustments I did (of course) were in the primary wheel config section. Had to crank Steering Gain WAY down to 60.
Still getting a bit of clipping here and there, but it feels immensely better than it did before.
My question tho is this: My worst clipping is happening on the "down side" of the FFB graph. What does that mean, and how would I address that? My upper end is mostly clip free, except in extreme circumstances. The lower end tho clips much more often.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-01-2016, 13:42
Note there are 2x types of clipping.

1) FFB clipping that can be seen in the FFB Graph as a Flat Line------ while Turning and the Wheel Loses Feeling. ----> Adjust Global and In Car FFB Settings.

2) Clipping at the wheel... that will Not be Seen in the FFB Graph the wheel Loses Feel. ---->Reduce Game Master FFBI need to check point 2, IIRC the last time I tried it was shown in the graph, but that was ages ago. Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but usually clipping at the wheel would be best handled by lowering the FFB level in the wheel's settings. (T500 for example starts clipping around 70% overall FFB, no reason to run it any higher.)

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 14:56
I need to check point 2, IIRC the last time I tried it was shown in the graph, but that was ages ago. Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but usually clipping at the wheel would be best handled by lowering the FFB level in the wheel's settings. (T500 for example starts clipping around 70% overall FFB, no reason to run it any higher.)

Were talking about the same thing... But at the Wheel Clipping wont show in FFB Graph because the GMFFB is Added in after the Globals and Steering Gain... Its The Last force added before the steering wheel.

Charger
28-01-2016, 14:59
Up and down side is right and left corners, you may just be doing more of one type of corner in a race so it shows more, Brands Hatch short is a case in point where they are all right turns except two.

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 16:13
IMO Pcars is Going to Fail!!! Every Patch since 6.0 has been a Step Backwards from being a True Sim Racing Game!!! The Proof!!! Now they are adding Drifting into what was supposed to be a Pure Racing Sim...This is why IRacing, Rfactor, Asstetto Corsa Have been Successfull because they stick to pure sim Racing... Pcars could Have been Great but the way its going im afraid its just going to be another Forza type Flop!!!

RomKnight
28-01-2016, 17:08
IMO Pcars is Going to Fail!!! Every Patch since 6.0 has been a Step Backwards from being a True Sim Racing Game!!! The Proof!!! Now they are adding Drifting into what was supposed to be a Pure Racing Sim...This is why IRacing, Rfactor, Asstetto Corsa Have been Successfull because they stick to pure sim Racing... Pcars could Have been Great but the way its going im afraid its just going to be another Forza type Flop!!!

Did you forget the :p <- ?

28-01-2016, 17:31
IMO Pcars is Going to Fail!!! Every Patch since 6.0 has been a Step Backwards from being a True Sim Racing Game!!! The Proof!!! Now they are adding Drifting into what was supposed to be a Pure Racing Sim...This is why IRacing, Rfactor, Asstetto Corsa Have been Successfull because they stick to pure sim Racing... Pcars could Have been Great but the way its going im afraid its just going to be another Forza type Flop!!!Yeah, still remember how badly Assetto Corsa failed when they introduced several drift cars (with very fudged drift tyres on them), drift only track, specific drift modes, etc. into the base content. =)

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 17:42
Did you forget the :p <- ?

LOL... I didnt Mean to post that here;) that was for another thread... LOL...But yeah thats how i see it...Other Racing Sims Have Had Great Success with Sticking to the Hard Core Sim Racer theme... Pcars could Have Been Greater than all of them... Just Look how Long we Have Stuck around even with the Game Bugs and Flaws... Now that they have added Drifting and who knows whats Next Maybe some Demolition Derby cars and Tracks:confused: Its just Going to Go Down Hill from Here!!! They are allready over extended you cant Cover Every Markert in 1 Supposedly Sim Racing Game with out it becoming Arcade like in Nature...Therby Negating the Purity of a Sim Racer... PCars will be Simcade at Best...Im Waiting for Assetto Corsa, RFactor, Super Woman Something... LOL.. Maybe i will just get a New Gaming PC and Join IRacing again... I dunno. Very disappointed with this New Turn Pcars has taken:no:

28-01-2016, 17:52
How is drifting arcade? It's done in real life as well. And AC has several drift cars and a drift only track. =/

AC also has more road cars despite having significantly less cars overall, the lineup is very road car focused right now (42 road cars vs 33 race cars, pCARS is 34 road cars vs. ~78 race cars).

And pCARS wasn't ever supposed to be "pure sim racing and only sim racing", it was supposed to offer a lot of different content for a lot of different types of players, and it does. =)

And it's not like AC isn't flawed and bugged as well.

Konan
28-01-2016, 18:56
LOL... I didnt Mean to post that here;) that was for another thread... LOL...But yeah thats how i see it...Other Racing Sims Have Had Great Success with Sticking to the Hard Core Sim Racer theme... Pcars could Have Been Greater than all of them... Just Look how Long we Have Stuck around even with the Game Bugs and Flaws... Now that they have added Drifting and who knows whats Next Maybe some Demolition Derby cars and Tracks:confused: Its just Going to Go Down Hill from Here!!! They are allready over extended you cant Cover Every Markert in 1 Supposedly Sim Racing Game with out it becoming Arcade like in Nature...Therby Negating the Purity of a Sim Racer... PCars will be Simcade at Best...Im Waiting for Assetto Corsa, RFactor, Super Woman Something... LOL.. Maybe i will just get a New Gaming PC and Join IRacing again... I dunno. Very disappointed with this New Turn Pcars has taken:no:

I can't see anything wrong with demolition derby...those are driven in real life too and from what i've heard,it's not that different from online racing :cool:

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 19:47
How is drifting arcade? It's done in real life as well. And AC has several drift cars and a drift only track. =/

AC also has more road cars despite having significantly less cars overall, the lineup is very road car focused right now (42 road cars vs 33 race cars, pCARS is 34 road cars vs. ~78 race cars).

And pCARS wasn't ever supposed to be "pure sim racing and only sim racing", it was supposed to offer a lot of different content for a lot of different types of players, and it does. =)

And it's not like AC isn't flawed and bugged as well.

I can't see anything wrong with demolition derby...those are driven in real life too and from what i've heard,it's not that different from online racing :cool:

Time will tell, its just My opinion...to each their Own:victorious: Don't get me wrong Pcars is or was,could be a great game but The simulation racing aspect of it is Not Right yet... if that paqrt was right then it would not seem sooo bad to add other things but as it is now they need to make the core game experience right first!!! Hey why Not just add some rally racing to Pcars also:applause:

Neil Bateman
28-01-2016, 20:07
Are you saying that drifting is not racing so should not be in a racing sim game?

As far as i remember 2 or more cars drifting on a track is racing, and as such there is no reason for it not to be included in a Racing Simulation Game, what exactly is a "hardcore racing theme" in your opinion, tin tops and open wheel cars racing on a "Proper" race track, if so then you should also mention the inclusion of all the road cars in Racing Sim Games because by your own statement the hardcore racing theme should not include non racing cars should it?

28-01-2016, 20:10
I hope they'll improve AC quite a bit then so that you're not disappointed by it, because honestly, it's worse as "race" sim than pCARS, missing a lot of stuff that pCARS has while only having a couple pCARS doesn't (freely selectable multiclass, which might not come to consoles). The common sentiment I've seen is that AC is at its best for hot lapping mostly. =)

Innerspace_HQ
28-01-2016, 20:16
I hope they'll improve AC quite a bit then so that you're not disappointed by it, because honestly, it's worse as "race" sim than pCARS, missing a lot of stuff that pCARS has while only having a couple pCARS doesn't (freely selectable multiclass, which might not come to consoles). The common sentiment I've seen is that AC is at its best for hot lapping mostly. =)

See if the online racing isn't a shambles, I'll take that. I just want to race some friends in as close to sim realism as I can get without the ever present fear of the game crashing on me.

GrimeyDog
28-01-2016, 20:21
Are you saying that drifting is not racing so should not be in a racing sim game?

As far as i remember 2 or more cars drifting on a track is racing, and as such there is no reason for it not to be included in a Racing Simulation Game, what exactly is a "hardcore racing theme" in your opinion, tin tops and open wheel cars racing on a "Proper" race track, if so then you should also mention the inclusion of all the road cars in Racing Sim Games because by your own statement the hardcore racing theme should not include non racing cars should it?

I would say that your pertty close to my point of view... any Street Car that is Not Sold as a Sports Car should not be in sim racing game ... I don't want to race Honda accords VS Hyudai ... Every car should be a sports car of some type... other than that its just Forza all over again... Lets add power ups even so we can make a 1000hp Honda accord vs Hyudai Sonata:p LOL

I Guess drifting is racing if your into that...My Gripe is that they Get the core racing to be what its supposed to be first then try and branch out.... When they put out a "Pure drifting Car and Track Pack" the sales will tell ALL... and i don't mean a Hybrid pack either!!! where they mix in a few regular cars that every 1 wants Mixed in with the drift pack. because then people will buy it just to get the 1 or 2 cars they want and it looks like the pack sold... Drift pack material Only and see if it sells enough for them to invest in making a new Drift pack.

28-01-2016, 20:28
other than that its just Forza all over again...Honestly though, if Forza was realistic then I wouldn't mind it. Realistic physics and realistic upgrades would make for a very fun sim. =)