PDA

View Full Version : Tires wont change

pm12345
28-01-2016, 14:18
After patch still got same problem , Tires wont change when i do a pitstop on mp and sp it made me start a new career since i Couldn't change tires during a endurance race , also telemetry is still not working correctly when i change tires (in garage ) everyone has the same tires no matter what car / tire/ track , :hurt: ( should have posted on the technical page )

Sankyo
28-01-2016, 15:22
Did you request a pit stop before entering the pits? Did you make/select a new pit stop definition/scenario?

In MP, did you run a lobby with enforced default set-ups?

pm12345
28-01-2016, 18:55
Request a pitstop ? No its been mostly required pitstops for race ( sp/mp ) i do quick changes to fuel for a quicker pitstop but tires are unchanged

ports
28-01-2016, 20:21
Request a pitstop ? No its been mostly required pitstops for race ( sp/mp ) i do quick changes to fuel for a quicker pitstop but tires are unchanged

In the pit options menu there is a setting so you can change weather your tyres get changed or not make sure yours is set to change the tyres.

biggbaddwolf
29-01-2016, 01:15
Yeah by default the option to change tires is set to NO, you have to make sure to change it to YES, otherwise your tires won't get changed.

pm12345
29-01-2016, 13:31
Eh i know ive had project cars since release ( limited edition ), theres 3 options with the 3rd being no to change tires for me , only way to change tires is in garage , pitstops just dont work

beetes_juice
29-01-2016, 13:57
Eh i know ive had project cars since release ( limited edition ), theres 3 options with the 3rd being no to change tires for me , only way to change tires is in garage , pitstops just dont work

Try uploading a video. Pits working fine over here.

pm12345
29-01-2016, 17:18
first time using the share feature
here it is , am on soft tires go to pits choose medium tires leave pits still got soft tires was just a quick race weekend to show what am experiencing

https://youtu.be/pouxj55uS6M

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-01-2016, 17:42
first time using the share feature
here it is , am on soft tires go to pits choose medium tires leave pits still got soft tires was just a quick race weekend to show what am experiencing

https://youtu.be/pouxj55uS6M

I might be missing something here... but don't you actually need to request a pitstop rather than just driving in unannounced?

Edit : Missed this, soz Remco...

Did you request a pit stop before entering the pits?

pm12345
29-01-2016, 20:28
Request a pitstop ? Makes no difference just tried it for the first time

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-01-2016, 20:47
Did you press 'X' to save the pitstop options or just back out with the circle button?

pm12345
30-01-2016, 17:36
Yes of course ive had game since release ( said a few post before ) i know how to save changes ,

Chase07
01-02-2016, 21:07
Yes of course ive had game since release ( said a few post before ) i know how to save changes ,

I have had the same problem as you ever since the game came out. For me it's probably about 75% of the time I don't get new tires when I pit. I request a pitstop every time. I open the pit menu, make sure i'm supposed to get tires and save. Then I go into the pits get fuel, sit there a while and drive out with the same old tires. I was wondering if I need to do a complete reinstall or something to fix it? All of these updates to the game, and none of them have fixed my issues.

pm12345
02-02-2016, 19:40
Ive noticed it more recently with more game time :cool: on sp and mp pitstop is now useless only good for fuel and damage fixes

cmch15
02-02-2016, 21:03
Don't think pitstops work in Free Practice, you're in FP in that video.

beetes_juice
02-02-2016, 21:17
Don't think pitstops work in Free Practice, you're in FP in that video.

Wow.

Yeah, no pitstops during FP.

Great catch.

cmch15
03-02-2016, 01:56
Got to love a smart arse :D Not that its necessarily correct though as it does put up the window, I just never bother in practice and always just "return to pit" because I normally want to change something.

Pitstops have worked properly in races for quite a while now except where "force default setups" is enabled, which brings me onto something else about that video. It doesn't actually fill the car to 9Ltr as the OP selects. When he comes in he has 5.7Ltr and leaves with 6.1.

Two questions:

1) Is 6.1Ltr what is in your setup for that car?
2) was that an online session with "force default setups"?

If the latter, by design it will only change tyres if one or more are worn enough (down to 25% I think). But - and this is a bug - it will use the first strategy in your strategy list if you have one. So, IF it changes the tyres (due to 75% wear) you will have new tyres but with the tyre pressures and fuel load that is set in that first strategy. If you don't have any strategies and only the "Default" in the list, the pitstop doesn't work and you get no fuel and no tyres.

pm12345
03-02-2016, 14:55
cmch15 to answer your questions 1. it was just a random saved strategy i just used at that time , 2. it was a just quick race weekend also it was on free practice so didn't count

( Quote from cmch15 -
If you don't have any strategies and only the "Default" in the list, the pitstop doesn't work and you get no fuel and no tyres. ) i always got more fuel just not new tires

well this is news to me , ive not really been using the pitstop strategy list as it didn't seem useful as i didn't use it much , nearly everytime i enter the pits i have to edit the pitstop for fuel mostly or tires for weather conditions / tire wear so a new SAVED pitstop strategy for every car is needed?

ok i SAVED a new pitstop strategy and this works , the saved pitstop works like normal but if i edit that strategy to medium tires that i do in the video it doesn't work :confused:!!!

https://youtu.be/mOp98vPF3GY

cmch15
03-02-2016, 15:32
But you're still in Free Practice, pitstops don't work in Practice and Quali sessions. Not sure if by design or not, but they don't.

Can you show an actual Race, just 4/5laps? Make sure the HUD displays the pos/lap count and cycle the telemetry and pos/lap HUD before and after stop, just so we can see all info.

My explanation in my last post doesn't apply because you're offline and weren't using "fore default setups".

pm12345
03-02-2016, 17:18
What It was in a qualification session and i had no problem with pitstops with the SAVED strategy i used ( not shown on video ) , only when i tried changing the pitstop strategy when coming into the pits that it didnt work ( as shown in video ) , its the same in races i just got to have a saved pitstop strategy it seems , now i know this i should be able to do the longer races :D :cool: no point cmch15 problem solved- always save pitstop strategy for any race ?

cmch15
03-02-2016, 18:10
Oh, ok thats good. I misunderstood what you were showing. You should be able to change it on the fly though, at least in the race. Last time I tried it worked. I could even put different compounds on the same axle.