PDA

View Full Version : Pitting - Issue with tires.

NemethR
28-01-2016, 20:17
We raced tonight at Monza, 30 laps...

I had to pit for fuel on lap 20 (Group5 - Ford Capri), I did NOT change tires, as they were barely worn, and got the right pressure throughout the race.
(I did set up a pit stop strategy for the stop, with tire change, the pressure was set at the start at 1.10 for all four tires at the start, and in the pit stop also for 1.10 for all four)

Now, I did choose to NOT change any tires, but after the stop, I drove 1 lap, and all tires were full red, at 125-140 C.

This is surely not good like this, as these same tires did 20 laps before that, always being green, and have not worn 10% during these 20 laps, but after the stop, they wore another 20% (at least) in the next 8 laps.

TexasTyme214
28-01-2016, 20:24
I've seen this. The pit changes the pressure to what it's set without taking pressure to account. This, you have a low pressure and high temp, which is generally an under-inflated tire, causing the spike in heat. To get around it, I usually make sure that the pit strategy tire is of the same compound as the tire that's on the car EVEN IF YOU AREN'T CHANGING TIRES. Usually, if I had a pit stop in a GT3 car (soft compound) the previous race, then decided to use an old car (hard tires), this would happen pretty often.

RomKnight
28-01-2016, 22:04
Damn... I actually always did that and that does explain why I didn't have issues (by pure luck it seems) when some others did.

And, go figure, we'll be doing a Gr.5 45m racing championship starting next week with the test race!

Bkim
28-01-2016, 22:24
Patch 8.0...pits still not fixed. That is why Pcars is a merely a hotlap / timetrial game. Has nothing to do with racing a race. Pitstops and other race simulation elements are way above SMS's head. They better create Shift 3 instead of Pcars 2.

hkraft300
29-01-2016, 00:09
What happened to NemethR was the pit crew dropped your hot pressure down to 1.1, when that's supposed to be your cold pressure.
I've been having similar problems getting the pressure slightly wrong after a stop. I'll have to try what TexasTyme said.

Patch 8.0...pits still not fixed.[ That is why Pcars is a merely a hotlap / timetrial game. Has nothing to do with racing a race. Pitstops and other race simulation elements are way above SMS's head. They better create Shift 3 instead of Pcars 2.

What's not fixed?
Aside from issues at Silverstone Classic, which is a known issue and a different problem altogether.

NemethR
29-01-2016, 16:34
What happened to NemethR was the pit crew dropped your hot pressure down to 1.1, when that's supposed to be your cold pressure.
I've been having similar problems getting the pressure slightly wrong after a stop. I'll have to try what TexasTyme said.

I am pretty sure, the pressure was good.

It was set to 1.10, but no tire change (80's GT Slick)
Then when I exited the pits, the pressure was going up to 1.45 or so if I remember well.

Shadowoff
29-01-2016, 16:36
I have the same bug, BUT only in MP. Its on every track everytime the same... Started with hard or medium tyres, went in pit, ONLY REFUELING, and my pit crew (which is obviously retarded :D) changes my tyres to WET. GG SMS.

29-01-2016, 16:45
Had this happen in my first game after patch 8.0. When pitting I did not change tyres but the pressures were set to the lowest, resulting in overheating tyres. Just set the pit strategy pressures to match your setup and make sure you select the correct setup when pitting. No issues for me after that.