BMW 1Series M Coupe Stanceworks Edition

BMW 2002 Stanceworks Edition

Ford Falcon FG V8 Supercar (Free Car)

KTM X-Bow R

Mazda MX-5 Radbul

Bannochbrae Road Circuit

Sixer
29-01-2016, 04:26
The V8 supercar races tonight we're actually pretty good. They are a little tricky and it made the shitty drivers leave the room....unlike the GT3 rooms

my thoughts on the Scottish track..complete rubbish. More cars great, but give us Sebring ,Daytona or Mount Tremblant.

These made up tracks are too arcade feeling.

Warren1571
29-01-2016, 04:49
The V8 supercar races tonight we're actually pretty good. They are a little tricky and it made the shitty drivers leave the room....unlike the GT3 rooms

my thoughts on the Scottish track..complete rubbish. More cars great, but give us Sebring ,Daytona or Mount Tremblant.

Completely agree! We need more REAL life circuits!! These made up circuits make me feel like I'm having flashbacks of playing Need for Speed or Driveclub! ..... Meh!!

Ian Bell
29-01-2016, 04:58

I'm sure the hardworking artists will be overjoyed to hear the track is complete rubbish.

Ian Bell
29-01-2016, 05:00
Completely agree! We need more REAL life circuits!! These made up circuits make me feel like I'm having flashbacks of playing Need for Speed or Driveclub! ..... Meh!!

We have more real life circuits in the box than any other racing game.

Warren1571
29-01-2016, 05:04
I'm sure the hardworking artists will be overjoyed to hear the track is complete rubbish.

No Disrespect to the artists here, I actually think they are doing an amazing job! as I'm sure most will agree. There is just something more convincing with driving the real world circuits you have in the game. Hopefully we get a few more in the near future.

Mind you, I think the track selection you already have in the game is second to none and is a job well done by all at SMS.

STEELJOCKEY
29-01-2016, 05:56
Personally I like the track, more fun to drive than the last pack.

Back to the Ford V8, great car and will bring some great driving to this game, might take some of the boring focus everyone has on the GT3's. All we need now is the rest of the V8 Supercars for an interesting range rather than a one make series. Bring in a Holden, Volvo, Nissan and Mercedes and maybe some other locations they go to and this game will surpass everything else out there.

biggbaddwolf
29-01-2016, 07:48
I personally hate Drive Club, a lot mainly due to the fake tracks. I mean really, who wants to drive a high powered Lambo on cobblestone tracks!!! In order for PCars to better itself it is going to have to fix this issue of corrupt data once a week!! We will have to see what Gran Turismo gives us, but I personally think Gran Turismo will blow everything else out of the water...

m355y
29-01-2016, 08:28

Just an opinion isn't it?

I haven't tried the Scottish track yet, but it does strike me that as customers we're allowed to give an opinion, good or bad, without being picked up over it.

Ian Bell
29-01-2016, 08:36

I haven't tried the Scottish track yet, but it does strike me that as customers we're allowed to give an opinion, good or bad, without being picked up over it.

No. Just an opinion would be 'I don't like the layout of that track', or 'I don't like this track because it's fictional'. The track is 'complete rubbish' is a statement that goes beyond a personal opinion and into the realm of plain rude absolutes.

Can you see the distinction?

Ian Bell
29-01-2016, 08:39

No that's not the case. We as the developers retain the right to respond where we see fit. That's the payoff of us allowing your open 'opinion' to be posted here.

If you want us to remain silent, then post somewhere we avoid.

MysterG
29-01-2016, 08:40
Personally I don't give a flying fig whether a track exists in real life or not as long as it is challenging, fun, and feels like it could exist.

IMO Bannochbrae ticks all those boxes. :cool:

mister dog
29-01-2016, 08:46
To be honest the track is the only reason i would like to get this pack, as the cars aren't my cup of tea this time. Saw a video of it and i think it's pretty and the layout is quite diverse, and i like that it's a closed circuit too.

Any chance on changing the sound sample of the Falcon though? :)

Marrrfooo
29-01-2016, 08:56
Personally, any comments suggesting a track is poorer than another simply because it is fictional is nonsense. Case in point, Gran Turismo - that was full of fictional tracks many of which have absolutely stood the test of time. Forza in later series numbers created some excellent fictitious circuits and most recently a good number of DriveClub's fictitious entries have been absolutely fantastic (their Japanese mock circuit in particular - as a case of a racing circuit rather than a road point-to-point or loop!).

I'll hold my hand up and say I've not tried Bannochbrae yet - but it awaits me upon my return home this afternoon and I'm genuinely looking forward to getting out there and giving it a go.

Sankyo
29-01-2016, 08:57
There is just something more convincing with driving the real world circuits you have in the game.
The thing is, it's all between your ears. If someone would tell you today that the track is actually real, used until a few years ago in a popular-but-now-forgotten race series, it would change your perception of the track instantly. Just like when you'd have never heard of The Isle Of Man track and thought it was fictional, too, until someone told you it's actually a real track.

I absolutely don't see the difference if a track is well-made and fun to drive, but for some people apparently just the idea of it not existing in real life makes it not enjoyable. That says everything about the power of imagination, and nothing about the quality of the track.

toudek88
29-01-2016, 09:11
I find scottish track absolutely beautiful. Just imagine how moch work does it take too design this kind of track. You have very reallistic feeling of driving on real streets. It is not like a Driveclub or NFS for me, because here (Project Cars OFC), you have to fight with g-force and avoid damage.
So guys there are many opinions, but what is beautiful in this track? If you don't like it, do not buy dlc, which is optional. And if you do care about cars, do not use this track. For me is a great invention, as well as Mojave. You guys should give "makers" constructive opinions instead of whining and crying.
That is my point of view.
PS. I would dare to say that, PC is far way better than Gran Turismo, including all bugs.

goeiste
29-01-2016, 09:12
What a discussions whether a track is real or not. :mad: If they don't like it?... let them write a new racing/simulation game, and make it better then the one they're complaining about. Right?
My question is, what happens to the tracks (or cars) of which one has been able to give a preference?, will there be a day that one of those are coming into the game?

Greetz

Warren1571
29-01-2016, 09:36
I think for me it's not so much in my head as what I've seen, I watch formula one, WEC, GT3, V8 Supercars, SuperGT, WTCC... Etc. And there is just a certain amount of satisfaction driving the tracks I've seen being raced by real drivers. That given I'm not adverse to enjoying fictional tracks, they're just not my preference. For example I've driven hundreds of laps of Grand Valley etc in Gran Turismo series but still, not as good as the real life tracks imho.

Anchorman
29-01-2016, 09:54
How anyone can say the Bannochbrae track is 'rubbish' is beyond me, just been round about 20 times and still not bored with it. Well done SMS.

biggbaddwolf
29-01-2016, 10:22
I checked here earlier, and I couldn't find it. Maybe it is not available here yet:confused:

m355y
29-01-2016, 10:38
No. Just an opinion would be 'I don't like the layout of that track', or 'I don't like this track because it's fictional'. The track is 'complete rubbish' is a statement that goes beyond a personal opinion and into the realm of plain rude absolutes.

Can you see the distinction?

Yup. Fair point.

John Hargreaves
29-01-2016, 11:21
Even the fictional tracks in pCars have been designed with simulation in mind, so they don't feel arcade at all to me. It just feels like a closed public road that you can race on like Monte Carlo rally or maybe Monaco/Singapore GP circuits. I'm unlikely ever to visit Ruapuna, so for all I know it could be fictional and I'd certainly never heard of it before it appeared in pCars, but who cares if it's done well, good to drive and fits the sim ethos of the game. Can't see the sense in denying yourself based on some microscopic detail of principle.

Ian Bell
29-01-2016, 12:21
Yup. Fair point.

Fair play.

Sixer
29-01-2016, 12:29
Ok let me apologize for saying " It's complete rubbish"

It is not complete rubbish, it just doesn't do anything for me.
The graphics in it are beautiful and I'm sure the artists worked hard on it.

There is a poll for real life tracks I hope some get added in the future.

and thanks for the V8 Supercars.That truly did make my night.

Is the Holden being added??

Noksi
29-01-2016, 12:34
Only by the look of it I already love it ! Now where is it ... ? :)

Umer Ahmad
29-01-2016, 12:36
with unlimited budget (pcars2?) we could afford every track/car license.

Fantasy cars/tracks are easier to develop/acquire since there is no licensing cost.

Personally I don't care as long is it (the car/track) drive well. It's not like I have any experience with the real life tracks anyway, so in a way it's all fantasy to me already.

RobMUFC1987
29-01-2016, 13:02
Even the fictional tracks in pCars have been designed with simulation in mind, so they don't feel arcade at all to me. It just feels like a closed public road that you can race on like Monte Carlo rally or maybe Monaco/Singapore GP circuits. I'm unlikely ever to visit Ruapuna, so for all I know it could be fictional and I'd certainly never heard of it before it appeared in pCars, but who cares if it's done well, good to drive and fits the sim ethos of the game. Can't see the sense in denying yourself based on some microscopic detail of principle.

This. Also to bring up Gran Turismo again, but their fictional tracks could be real as well. If you're not a big racing fan following different motorsports across the world, you wouldn't know which is real or fake. I mean I thought Tsukuba was a fake track for a long time

MrA2theK
29-01-2016, 14:29
Too many moaners here, just take the game for what it is people.
As somebody once said Ian "you can't please all the people all of the time"

I like the game so keep up the good work guys

Chairman7w
29-01-2016, 17:20

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

FFS the only reason you know it isn't real is cause they said so. You hate it cause it's not real? What if you didn't know? What if they would have said, "This exact recreation of the stunning track outside Inverness, Scotland is a favorite amongst locals, and hosts their annual Bonnochbrae Road Test every autumn. It will test both veterans and newcomers alike with it's combination of tactical, speed and technical racing", would you have liked it?

What a ridiculous thing to hate on them cause it doesn't exist in real life.

M-Bimmer
29-01-2016, 17:38
http://youtu.be/lrkqdMK7SMA

Sixer
29-01-2016, 18:05
Now we're having the argument that fictional tracks are just as good as real life tracks.
Why pay for licensing real tracks then? Why not have all fictional tracks if they are just as good?

Who would buy this game if all the tracks were made up. Probably very few.

Just put Mosport in the game already lol

John Hargreaves
29-01-2016, 20:51
Yeah, next thing they'll stick in some customized Miata with like 1000 horsepower or something stupid

biggbaddwolf
29-01-2016, 22:00
with unlimited budget (pcars2?) we could afford every track/car license.

Fantasy cars/tracks are easier to develop/acquire since there is no licensing cost.

Personally I don't care as long is it (the car/track) drive well. It's not like I have any experience with the real life tracks anyway, so in a way it's all fantasy to me already.
You are so right!! Funny how people buy a racing game, and all of a sudden they are seasoned race car drivers. I am willing to bet that very few of you have ever driven a race car!!!

John Hargreaves
29-01-2016, 22:16
So, like what are we saying, that videogames could give us a kind of fantasy experience that enables us to participate in something that we otherwise might not get to do in real life, sort of like reading a book or watching a movie? And we could do this without any of the real disadvantages like death or paying for fixing a broken car. What's not to like about that? Hard to imagine that anyone would moan about that.

wyldanimal
29-01-2016, 23:03
Personally I don't give a flying fig whether a track exists in real life or not as long as it is challenging, fun, and feels like it could exist.

Was going to add to this, But that pretty much sums it up for me.

cluck
29-01-2016, 23:07
You are so right!! Funny how people buy a racing game, and all of a sudden they are seasoned race car drivers. I am willing to bet that very few of you have ever driven a race car!!!
Haven’t you heard? We’re all race drivers in here:D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Sasquatch
30-01-2016, 00:03

Have a beer on me!

I like a change of pace and a new environment. Come on guys, real tracks can be on any racing game. But with the power of video games you can experience a mix of creativity with reality. I like seeing dev's do this. I have to say, the imagined tracks in Gran Turismo, Forza, and even Driveclub ( DC isn't a sim, but those track designs, and environments are just incredible. ) are incredibly well-designed and very memorable. Maybe it takes age to appreciate it them.

Bannochbrae is like a new experience, a breathe of fresh-air. I welcome it. Did a 30 minute with time progression GT3 race at 3pm to I assume dusk-hours. Give it a try!

cluck
30-01-2016, 00:04
Have a beer on me!

I like a change of pace and a new environment. Come on guys, real tracks can be on any racing game. But with the power of video games you can experience a mix of creativity with reality. I like seeing dev's do this. I have to say, the imagined tracks in Gran Turismo, Forza, and even Driveclub ( DC isn't a sim, but those track designs, and environments are just incredible. ) are incredibly well-designed and very memorable. Maybe it takes age to appreciate it them.

Bannochbrae is like a new experience, a breathe of fresh-air. I welcome it. Did a 30 minute with time progression GT3 race at 3pm to I assume dusk-hours. Give it a try!Try watching the sun rise over the mountains. It's utterly gorgeous. One of those rare things where you do want to just stop the car and take in the moment.

Warren1571
30-01-2016, 01:49
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

FFS the only reason you know it isn't real is cause they said so. You hate it cause it's not real? What if you didn't know? What if they would have said, "This exact recreation of the stunning track outside Inverness, Scotland is a favorite amongst locals, and hosts their annual Bonnochbrae Road Test every autumn. It will test both veterans and newcomers alike with it's combination of tactical, speed and technical racing", would you have liked it?

What a ridiculous thing to hate on them cause it doesn't exist in real life.

Yeah mate, point taken. I welcome the addition of new tracks and I'm grateful that SMS are bringing so much great content to the game. I just have a number of real life tracks I'm hopeful will eventually come to the game.

Warren1571
30-01-2016, 03:19
Now we're having the argument that fictional tracks are just as good as real life tracks.
Why pay for licensing real tracks then? Why not have all fictional tracks if they are just as good?

Who would buy this game if all the tracks were made up. Probably very few.

Just put Mosport in the game already lol

I'm with you there mate, exactly why pay for licensing if the fictional tracks are just as good.

Part of the reasons I bought this amazing game is because it has real world tracks!

wyldanimal
30-01-2016, 03:49
just luving the new Track and cars...
1st drive on the new track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NhXwlhtKTo

2nd drive turned the aids to real, and turned off the driving line....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR3jJM1Geik

I need to run a few more laps to get to know the track better.
But man is it a Fun Drive.