PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake question

goeiste
30-01-2016, 01:01
Are there Project Car racers who have experiences with the Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake? (Europe (https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/)) (US (https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/))
I want to know for sure if this handbrake works with my configuration at home before spending $165.32 ($99,95)

My racing setup at home:
T500RS wheel
T3PA-PRO Pedals
TH8A Add-On Shifter
Playseat Alcantara Black
Sony Bravia KDL 60Nx720 (60" Full HD 3D-TV Dynamic Edge LED)
2014 DSD Race King Buttonbox (coming up)

CreamyDischarge
31-01-2016, 09:42
It doesn't work on PCars 8.0 on PS4

SUBGTRACER
04-02-2016, 22:33
:( that sux

malny
06-02-2016, 15:40
It doesn't work on PCars 8.0 on PS4

it works !!! with CSWv2 and separate pedals (CSPv2 connected USB).
but if I connect the pedals to the base it does not work.

p.s. handbrake attached to the pedals.

CreamyDischarge
06-02-2016, 23:54
it works !!! with CSWv2 and separate pedals (CSPv2 connected USB).
but if I connect the pedals to the base it does not work.

p.s. handbrake attached to the pedals.

Correct, if you connect you handbrake to the required port on the pedals, then connect your pedals to the required port on your base (which I'm guessing most ps4 owners do) it doesn't work.

If however, you disconnect your pedals from your base, and run a secondary cable to your PS4 (one for the wheel, one for the pedals/handbrake) and therefore lose the ability to control your brand force in the wheel options (BRF) it may indeed work.

But I'm not about to do that, and I suspect most others won't either ;)

So in short, it doesn't work if you connect your fanatec handbrake, to your fanatec pedals (as required by fanatec) and then connect those fanatec pedals to your fanatec base...

and by NOT connecting them together, you lose the ability to manage your brakes in firmware (BRF feature)

I'd rather not have a handbrake than lose all manual control of my brakes?

goeiste
29-03-2016, 06:06
I officially have the answer from fanatic. The handbrake won't work with project cars (and even ps4)

GrimeyDog
01-04-2016, 16:20
The Hand Brake Works as it Should with 10.0 update when Connected to the Wheel through the pedals:yes:...Just Make sure your Driving a Car That has a Hand Brake... Not All Cars Have it... Try the Rad Bull Drift car I know it works for Sure!!! I was testing it Last Night... The Mitubishi Evo it works also... I think in both of them but i know for sure it works in the Newer 1.

Im using V3 pedals.

GrimeyDog
01-04-2016, 16:24
I officially have the answer from fanatic. The handbrake won't work with project cars (and even ps4)

This is False!!! It works with PS4 and Xbox1 i have both systems.

I can post a video of it wirking if you like.

GrimeyDog
01-04-2016, 16:28
Are there Project Car racers who have experiences with the Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake? (Europe (https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/)) (US (https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/))
I want to know for sure if this handbrake works with my configuration at home before spending $165.32 ($99,95)

My racing setup at home:
T500RS wheel
T3PA-PRO Pedals
TH8A Add-On Shifter
Playseat Alcantara Black

I dont think it will work with your set up unless you connect it to the PS4 its self... use a 4 port Hub plug it into your PS4 to get extra USB slots. i use 1 for my Mic, Key board and controler it works fine

hkraft300
04-04-2016, 17:19
Fanatec can't officially state/announce/advertise PS4 compatibility. From what I understood from a bit of perusing is they're having license issues with Sony.

Sankyo
05-04-2016, 08:08
Fanatec can't officially state/announce/advertise PS4 compatibility. From what I understood from a bit of perusing is they're having license issues with Sony.
Not so much issues as Sony suddenly going the licensing route compared to the PS4 being 'open' to all hardware until now.

BoereJack
05-04-2016, 09:20

My racing setup at home:
T500RS wheel
T3PA-PRO Pedals
TH8A Add-On Shifter
Playseat Alcantara Black

i have the same problem as you do, and the same setup exceot for the tv and buttonbox

i bought the shifter hoping to use it as a handbrake(for the radbull) but it did not work.

mocht je serieus willen racen ben je welkom bij Gathering of Tweakers race leageau, we beginnen binnenkort met ons gt3 seizoen

bigfella8
07-04-2016, 23:24
You most certainly can use the TH8A Add on shifter as handbrake!!

You need to hook it up to your computer so you can alter the settings....and change it to analog I believe....

Then rotate the actual shifter plate so the first gear is on the left at the top and second gear on the right at the top so that you can pull the shifter as a handbrake....

There was a youtube video on it.....ill see if I can find it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYU6vPlyu7s&feature=player_embedded

tgrey
08-04-2016, 08:12
You most certainly can use the TH8A Add on shifter as handbrake!!

You need to hook it up to your computer so you can alter the settings....and change it to analog I believe....

Then rotate the actual shifter plate so the first gear is on the left at the top and second gear on the right at the top so that you can pull the shifter as a handbrake....

There was a youtube video on it.....ill see if I can find it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYU6vPlyu7s&feature=player_embedded

Is it possible to use two TH8As on one PS4? One as a shifter connected through the wheel, and the other as an e-brake connected through USB?

khaski13
11-04-2016, 13:33
Im using two th8a 1 for h pattern and 1 for sequential and remap to handbrake , analog mode is not working in project cars even in dirt rally

BoereJack
11-04-2016, 15:09
to bad, but as expected, i saw the video about analog mode, but that only works on pc is what i understood, zo thanks for the conformation khaski

Ecstreme
20-06-2016, 18:17
I dont think it will work with your set up unless you connect it to the PS4 its self... use a 4 port Hub plug it into your PS4 to get extra USB slots. i use 1 for my Mic, Key board and controler it works fine

Hi GrimeyDog. Just found your post. I'm about to buy the fanatec handbrake for my PS4 set up and wondered if you've tried it with Dirt on PS4 - does it work. Cheers mate

Abbey Road NW8
22-06-2016, 09:05
Hi Ecstreme,

I have the Fanatec CS Handbrake and, connected to my CS pedals V3 which are connected to my CS Base V2, it works perfectly fine with Dirt Rally on PS4.

Hes81
01-07-2017, 22:25
Hello everyone,
thought I'd join the discussion.
Just made an account.
I also recently ordered a fanatec handbrake.
I'm using PS4 with Fanatec GT3RSv2 with pedalsV1, clubsportshifter SQ V1.5 and now also the handbrake V1.5.
I was counting it would work on Project Cars since I heard other people having it work.
I allready have the latest firmware on the base, but in the calibration menu it doesn't show the handbrake at all.
Also both my gas- and brakepedals seem to allready go up halfway without even touching them.
In game it all works fine, except for the handbrake.
It doesn't work at all, and I tried the Radbul allready.
Do I need to upgrade my base or pedals to get it working maybe?

Sankyo
02-07-2017, 06:41
Did you assign the handbrake in the Controls / Edit Assignments menu?

In the calibration menu it will not show the handbrake.

Hes81
02-07-2017, 06:52
Did you assign the handbrake in the Controls / Edit Assignments menu?

In the calibration menu it will not show the handbrake.

Yes. But even in the edit assignments-menu it is not responding.

Sankyo
03-07-2017, 09:48
Yes. But even in the edit assignments-menu it is not responding.

Can you check on a PC to see if the handbrake works OK?