PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems

Lewis Puppy
30-01-2016, 02:31
What's with the left speaker sound just going away completely in the middle of the race and lots of static noise in the right?? This has happened to me three times in a row now.

MISTER WU
30-01-2016, 02:36
I just noticed racing the V8 supercar that the right sound was more then the left, i then did a radbull race and it was fine (Man that car is INSANE fun)

Lewis Puppy
30-01-2016, 02:45
Mine keeps happening with the Audi R8 LMS Ultra around Donington Park GP. What's strange is that both speakers are perfect during my practice and qualy sessions. Then in the middle of the race, the left speaker sound slowly goes away until completely and lots of static noise in the right. What gives??

Lewis Puppy
30-01-2016, 16:18
Just FYI...I tried a different car/track combo and no sound problems. So it's obviously a bug for that particular car/track combo. Try it yourself and find out, 20-lap race

cluck
30-01-2016, 16:52
Just ran 16 laps with the Audi R8 LMS at Donington GP with no audio problems at all. Mixture of internal and external audio.

How many AI cars did you have? I ran against 24.

Lewis Puppy
30-01-2016, 17:00
I ran against 23 AI cars. I also did 20 min qualy prior to the race each time and everything sounded perfect there.

I've had this game for 4.5 months and logged 92 hours so far and never had this problem before until this particular car/track combo

cluck
30-01-2016, 17:25
oh, right, so quali first as well.

I'll try this again tomorrow but certainly for the 16 laps I ran, against 24 identical AI cars, there was no problem on my setup.

Lewis Puppy
07-02-2016, 15:34
This same sound problem occurred again with Radical RS at Sonoma GP. The sound was perfect throughout the qualy session but the sound problem happened in the middle of the race.

Mahjik
07-02-2016, 20:38
Are you using the onboard audio from your motherboard?

Lewis Puppy
07-02-2016, 21:34
Are you using the onboard audio from your motherboard?

We had this conversation before but the thread was closed. No, I'm using Logitech S120 2.0 speakers and my drivers are all updated. And all my other games all sound perfect except for this.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-02-2016, 22:46
We had this conversation before but the thread was closed. No, I'm using Logitech S120 2.0 speakers and my drivers are all updated. And all my other games all sound perfect except for this.I think he was asking about your soundcard/chip. The Logitech's are just your speakers.

Lewis Puppy
07-02-2016, 23:19
I think he was asking about your soundcard/chip. The Logitech's are just your speakers.

Yes, this conversation was also had in my previous closed thread. I have 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard and Realtek High Definition Audio. Everything's updated and works perfectly

Mahjik
08-02-2016, 01:04
Yes, this conversation was also had in my previous closed thread. I have 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard and Realtek High Definition Audio. Everything's updated and works perfectly

I have Realtek as well on my motherboard. I also have two other sound cards. I have a SoundBlaster that is for my primary sound. I have a cheapy sound card which is driving one of my transducers and the onboard Realtek is driving my other transducer. My Realtek drops output in all sim games at times and it's noticeable since it's the only transducer not rumbling (and I see the amp stop having input).

I noticed there are newer drivers released in 2015 (mine were from 2014). I haven't tested them, but you might see if you are only the latest drivers and if not, upgrade to see if that helps.

Lewis Puppy
08-02-2016, 01:39
I noticed there are newer drivers released in 2015 (mine were from 2014). I haven't tested them, but you might see if you are only the latest drivers and if not, upgrade to see if that helps.

My Realtek properties says that the device is working properly. My driver date is 7/29/15 and version 6.0.7572. It did itself a last driver check on 11/26/15(again, all talked discussed in the previous closed thread, lol).

Mahjik
08-02-2016, 02:59
My Realtek properties says that the device is working properly. My driver date is 7/29/15 and version 6.0.7572. It did itself a last driver check on 11/26/15(again, all talked discussed in the previous closed thread, lol).

As mentioned, it's something with the Realtek chipset as I have 3 sound devices going at the same time and only one of them is dropping out (and it's not pCARS specific).

Lewis Puppy
08-02-2016, 03:52
I have Realtek as well on my motherboard. I also have two other sound cards. I have a SoundBlaster that is for my primary sound. I have a cheapy sound card which is driving one of my transducers and the onboard Realtek is driving my other transducer. My Realtek drops output in all sim games at times and it's noticeable since it's the only transducer not rumbling (and I see the amp stop having input).

I don't have your problem. The only sound card I have is Realtek and set as default device. I also have an ASUS VS-228-0 (NVIDIA High Def Audio) as well as 3 NVIDIA High Def Audio Ports. But when I went into each one of it's properties, they all said the device is working properly. The driver date is 8/7/15 and version 1.3.34.3. It did itself a last driver check on 11/26/15

cluck
08-02-2016, 08:08
"The device is working properly" only shows that the hardware is responding to the driver as far as Windows needs it to. It is not an indication that there are no bugs in the audio driver.

Graphics drivers, audio drivers, network drivers, they all have bugs that manifest themselves in strange ways on some systems but unless the driver and/or hardware is manifestly faulty/incompatible, Windows will show "the device is working properly" in device manager.

I haven't had time to try out your exact steps yet (ie, doing a qualification process first) but I will do just to rule it out.

Mahjik
08-02-2016, 13:20
I don't have your problem.

Yes, you do. It's the same thing. As cluck mentions, just because Windows says the "device is working properly", doesn't really mean it is.. It just means the drivers are loaded and the device is responding to the driver. That's all. If the device is having intermittent issues, that message will not let you know.

Lewis Puppy
10-02-2016, 00:13
Just downloaded and installed all updated motherboard drivers including Realtek. Will let you know if further problems.