PDA

View Full Version : Bannochbrae AI fuel problem

marcel171281
30-01-2016, 16:23
Maybe it's just me, maybe is already known

Did a race on Bannochbrae this morning, 1 hour practice, 1 hour quali, 1 hour race, driving the X-bow versus 19 AI Road B.

Aswell in practice, Quali as race, the AI makes a pitsstop for fuel, but they never leave the pits. So i ended the race first, because i was the only one still out there.

After this I tried the same on Bannochbrae, only now with the Ford Falcon. Exactly the same happened, AI pitted, and stayed in the pits.

After that I did the same on Brands Hatch. They pitted like normal and finished the race like normal. With Road B aswell as the Ford Falcon.

So I think there is some kind of a bug :( It's defenitely Brannochbrae related.

Apart from this, it is absolutely superb this track!!! big complements! Looks fantastic, drives fantastic, en when the sun goes down, its just amazing.....

DreamsKnight
30-01-2016, 16:31
in the pit or in local pub for a beer? both are fuel.

marcel171281
31-01-2016, 07:40
Does nobody else have this problem? It's pretty annoying that you can't race AI for more than 1 stint on this beautiful track.

Or has it to do with the problem where they hit the barriers often and eventually all retire because all the cars are broken?

like mentioned here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44557-Bannochbrae-problem-with-AI-line

Can someone else please test this? If it's not just me, but a real problem with the track, than it should be repaired.

rev happy
31-01-2016, 07:50
Thanks for bringing attention to this Marcel, I'll try and see if I get the same issue. Not done a race that requires a pit stop yet.

rev happy
31-01-2016, 09:09
Arrgh, 35 minutes into the race I got the bug that froze the game and took me to the PSN error page. Get a bug, testing for a possible bug! Shame, as I was enjoying the race.

Starting again. :p

rev happy
31-01-2016, 11:09
So, I just finished a 1 hour race in the Ford Falcon with 19 AI, real fuel/tyres wear and light cloud for the whole race. I had a problematic race, needing to pit after 10 minutes to repair my aero/suspension, so I was out of sync with the rest, but the final upshot was that only nine of the AI made it to the finish.

The strange thing is that I don't think the AI had a pitstop in the entire race. I was running the automatic tyre choice and my wear rate would have necessitated a change of tyres in the second half of the race. It may have been possible to run the race on one full tank of fuel, but not sure.

I'm using CrewChief, and normally I'm told when the leader is pitting, but got no such calls in the race. I could also see on pcars dash that most of the AI dropped out around the 50 minute mark.

My final conclusion is that something a bit strange is probably happening with the AI there but I'm not sure exactly what yet.

rev happy
31-01-2016, 11:22
I also noted that it was primarily all the fastest AI that dropped out, possibly due to higher tyre/fuel wear? I doubt that it's a coincidence.

marcel171281
31-01-2016, 11:28
While the AI does a stint for me at the moment ;) (3hour lmp2 race at hockenheim)

The problem seem to be that AI is unable to leave the pits for some reason. I forgot to tell that it started to rain in my race. So that would have forced AI to pit. But maybe the AI hits the barriers to often and they just retire. I had AI set at 80%.

rev happy
31-01-2016, 15:34
While the AI does a stint for me at the moment ;) (3hour lmp2 race at hockenheim)

The problem seem to be that AI is unable to leave the pits for some reason. I forgot to tell that it started to rain in my race. So that would have forced AI to pit. But maybe the AI hits the barriers to often and they just retire. I had AI set at 80%.

After reading this I thought I'd try to force the AI to pit by setting a 30 minute race with the Ford Falcon, light cloud weather with rain to follow. I waited at the pit entrance when it started raining and the AI never came in to change tyres for wets. Therefore, I still have not seen an AI car make a pit stop around here for any reason. Something is not right. :confused:

artao
31-01-2016, 15:39
Wow .... Don't they test this stuff?

cluck
31-01-2016, 15:50
Wow .... Don't they test this stuff?It's very easy to ask that question but as somebody pointed out to me some time ago, even if there was a team of 100 testers (I have no idea how many are actually involved, this is just a 'for instance' number), that is many orders of magnitude less than the number of people playing the game. It is only to be expected that some things will get picked up by the general public that are missed in testing.

Would it be nice if every single combination and permutation was tested? Of course it would. But I doubt there are hundreds of people on the testing team (heck, there aren't hundreds of SMS staff).

I've reported the thread to the mods so that they can make sure it gets forwarded onto the dev team :yes:.

marcel171281
31-01-2016, 16:15

Really helpfull reaction.....

PC is an absolutely fantastic Sim, still a lot to discover.

Thanks Cluck! Something is going wrong with AI on Bannochbrae. I hope it will be fixed, because it will be absolutely epic to race into the sunset en all the way into daylight again on bannochbrae (with some AI competition).

spacepadrille
31-01-2016, 16:21
Maybe it's just me, maybe is already known

Did a race on Bannochbrae this morning, 1 hour practice, 1 hour quali, 1 hour race, driving the X-bow versus 19 AI Road B.

Aswell in practice, Quali as race, the AI makes a pitsstop for fuel, but they never leave the pits. So i ended the race first, because i was the only one still out there.

After this I tried the same on Bannochbrae, only now with the Ford Falcon. Exactly the same happened, AI pitted, and stayed in the pits.

After that I did the same on Brands Hatch. They pitted like normal and finished the race like normal. With Road B aswell as the Ford Falcon.

So I think there is some kind of a bug :( It's defenitely Brannochbrae related.

Apart from this, it is absolutely superb this track!!! big complements! Looks fantastic, drives fantastic, en when the sun goes down, its just amazing.....

I just have the same issue. The qualifs where set to 1 hour, and the time x10 in the conditions. After a while, I was alone on the track, and the AI where all to the pit.

An other thing, when you cross the village, at the end there is a pseudo chicane, it's easy to go straight and fast, and the AI brakes, take time to turn, making beautiful curves...

Yes this track is superb !

wilabidd
31-01-2016, 21:53
Pretty much the same here, 15 lap race in the ginetta 40 junior AI started running out of fuel by lap 9, only 1 AI finished the race but lap times were down by 10 seconds. I pitted on lap 8 for fuel and within two laps my tyres reached 350 in temp (slicks fitted and very little wear) before I pitted they were sat in 90/100 range and even after the AI finished the race wouldn't end due to AI cars abandon on track.

I know the first pic shows 3 cars to have done 15 laps, 2 cars pitted before crossing the line

rev happy
01-02-2016, 18:30
Just to add that I just did a 30 minute race in the Ford Falcon with x7 tyre wear in dry conditions for the entire race. After my pit stop around the 10 minute mark, I decided to retire to the pits and watch the AI. I could see most of them were braking at the pit entrance as though they wanted to pit, but don't for some reason.

Additionally, looking at their telemetry, I noticed they were all running on the rain tyre in the dry. Please can a mod pass this info on to the devs, as it would frustrating if they fix the AI not pitting but don't realise they're also running wets in the dry. Thanks.

Jescott71
01-02-2016, 18:48
Just had an issue related to this too. Quick race weekend, 2 hour race in the GT3 class, using the Aston Martin Vantage GTE, with time set to current and real progression for time, fuel, tyre wear etc.

Not all the AI cars were affected though, two were still running at the end, so given the length of the race, they must have successfully pitted and refueled at some point. At one point I also saw an AI car slow down to go into the pits, only to speed up and continue on. It retired a lap later.

For what it's worth, I've also had this issue on the Sonoma GP layout in Career mode in the endurance season, using an LMP1 car. I can't remember the exact details on what happened that time as it was quite a while ago.

rev happy
05-02-2016, 08:59
The problems I described previously could just be specific to the Ford Falcon, as I've since had a GT3 race where I've seen them pit correctly, and from looking at their telemetry they appear to be on the appropriate tyre.

Grunotti
05-02-2016, 10:24
Does nobody else have this problem? It's pretty annoying that you can't race AI for more than 1 stint on this beautiful track.

Or has it to do with the problem where they hit the barriers often and eventually all retire because all the cars are broken?

like mentioned here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44557-Bannochbrae-problem-with-AI-line

Can someone else please test this? If it's not just me, but a real problem with the track, than it should be repaired.

I have this problem to.
Its excactly the same.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...tstop-problems

N0body Of The Goat
05-02-2016, 11:25

As far as I'm aware (which might well be wrong), Tom and Bruno are the only paid testers and SMS have at least 4 games in progress (pCARS1, pCARS2, World Of Speed, {Redbull plane simulator}).

Of course, other paid devs might spot issues.

Then there is a select group of volunteers who try to spot issues pre-release, for no payment, who spend considerable amounts of their free time testing and reporting potential issues that SMS log and prioritise these potential issues.

These people know who they are, SMS knows who they are and it is not my job to disclose this info (the secrecy behind this is something I find bizarre, personally). But I know who they are and they do hell of lot for such a small group as unpaid volunteers! They can very often find and report issues that SMS do not have the time to fix, or feel the ROI is not worth chasing up. They have to be thick-skinned, because it is not uncommon for issues they reported to make it through to initial release and then see the general public in this forum report the very same issues.

Given the volunteers are unpaid, it is unreasonable to expect them to spot every issue pre-release, especially when issues can be very specific in nature relating to a general setting; car; track; time of day; weather condition etc.

There are good odds that some issues will only come to light after patch/DLC release, because of the complexity of pCARS.

Grunotti
05-02-2016, 13:31
As far as I'm aware (which might well be wrong), Tom and Bruno are the only paid testers and SMS have at least 4 games in progress (pCARS1, pCARS2, World Of Speed, {Redbull plane simulator}).

Of course, other paid devs might spot issues.

Then there is a select group of volunteers who try to spot issues pre-release, for no payment, who spend considerable amounts of their free time testing and reporting potential issues that SMS log and prioritise these potential issues.

These people know who they are, SMS knows who they are and it is not my job to disclose this info (the secrecy behind this is something I find bizarre, personally). But I know who they are and they do hell of lot for such a small group as unpaid volunteers! They can very often find and report issues that SMS do not have the time to fix, or feel the ROI is not worth chasing up. They have to be thick-skinned, because it is not uncommon for issues they reported to make it through to initial release and then see the general public in this forum report the very same issues.

Given the volunteers are unpaid, it is unreasonable to expect them to spot every issue pre-release, especially when issues can be very specific in nature relating to a general setting; car; track; time of day; weather condition etc.

There are good odds that some issues will only come to light after patch/DLC release, because of the complexity of pCARS.

I understand its no problem as long as they gonna fix it because at this moment a lot of 24 hrs career races and quick races with pitstops for refeuling and tyres are useless now and thats not where i paid for!
First make part one perfect and then start P.Cars 2!
Sms wants to much with four games in progress.
By the way all the respect for the volunteer testers.

Riccardo De Rosa
01-08-2016, 09:02
Same problem with Radical RXC Turbo.