PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain me this

havocc
30-01-2016, 18:16
Lap invalidated with 2 tyres on track and wasn't even a cut as you can see, it's incredible when there are tracks where you can go 3+ meters off the track and still have a legit time for LB

Krus Control
30-01-2016, 22:30
It looks like part of the inside tire is touching grass. I would say that's why it was invalidated. A mistake is understandable, but you shouldn't be taking a line that puts you that far off.

bcicciar
31-01-2016, 00:06
Yep. I have had more of the car on the track than that and the same thing. Some tracks are more forgiving than others.

Krus Control
31-01-2016, 00:51
What irritates me is the inconsistency of the invalidation. Not just from track to track, but from turn to turn on the same track. You don't know what the rules are in a corner until you've already invalidated a few laps there. It can be frustrating. I would say that overall Nordschleife (as in your screenshot) is among the most fair and consistent.

havocc
31-01-2016, 01:05
What irritates me is the inconsistency of the invalidation. Not just from track to track, but from turn to turn on the same track. You don't know what the rules are in a corner until you've already invalidated a few laps there. It can be frustrating. I would say that overall Nordschleife (as in your screenshot) is among the most fair and consistent.

I can name quite a lot of corners where you can go far beyond the white line and still get a valid lap, spoon curve at sakitto, bruxelles pouhon and stavelot at spa, abbey and copse at silverstone, turn 5 at nurburgring etc...

02-02-2016, 17:35
The thing with that track is on some corners half a car on the grass invalidates the lap but some corners I run off the track hit the wall and no penalty.

Mulder71
15-02-2016, 11:34
If only the grass was realistic than we did not have this discussion at all :p

Neil Bateman
15-02-2016, 12:17
Maybe it makes a difference if on corners like this its also so far off the racing line the invalidation is a little less forgiving.