PDA

View Full Version : pCARS PS4 Digital Edition: Game Crashes

Bob-LeeSwagger96
30-01-2016, 21:27
I own a digital copy of Project Cars on PS4, I can not get through 1 single league race without getting a hard game crash ( wheel turns full lock left, report problem screen comes up) I'm really sick of this. this has happened to me and several others that I race with multiple times. Please reply here if your having the same issue, maybe we can get the devs to fix this(yeah right) If not ill be jumping over to Assetto Corsa in April, and most likely not getting P Cars 2

Sankyo
30-01-2016, 21:31
Not sure if the threats will sort any effect.

Since not every PS4 owner suffers from this (we'd know on this forum, trust me), we might try and find out what's making your PS4 go belly-up all the time. Dust (=over-heating)? Storage space? Unstable internet connection (wired of wifi?)?

Sasquatch
31-01-2016, 04:24
If not ill be jumping over to Assetto Corsa in April, and most likely not getting P Cars 2

I'm not going to lie, this post is on the funny side. You can own both, you don't have to threat a "jump over". Not sure why people use this as a heavy liner in their post like it makes the differ. LOL.

Just fyi, you should find a bud who has AC on their PC and give it a whirl - it's fun, buuuuuuuut I don't think it's the game you're looking for if pCARS drains you. Because AC is going to do much the same sillyness.

Boskapongen
31-01-2016, 10:37

Since not every PS4 owner suffers from this (we'd know on this forum, trust me), we might try and find out what's making your PS4 go belly-up all the time. Dust (=over-heating)? Storage space? Unstable internet connection (wired of wifi?)?

We have a racing league and are around 10-12 players racing more or less every day. 100% (all of us) has crashes to dash. Happens for somebody in almost every race.

novcze
31-01-2016, 17:30
I own a digital copy of Project Cars on PS4, I can not get through 1 single league race without getting a hard game crash ( wheel turns full lock left, report problem screen comes up) I'm really sick of this. this has happened to me and several others that I race with multiple times. Please reply here if your having the same issue, maybe we can get the devs to fix this(yeah right) If not ill be jumping over to Assetto Corsa in April, and most likely not getting P Cars 2

It happened to me just today, leading the race and then game crashed and T300RS turned left ... not the first time this happened

Let's see, maybe if enough people won't buy next SMS games, they will learn to fix their games

momotatwo
31-01-2016, 19:59
(we'd know on this forum, trust me)

I don't want to be rude, but I think this kind of answer is not helpful. Not every player of this game is coming directly to this forum and posting every bug / crash like a real bug-report. So this forum surely will not know all kind of problems... and I'm reading in this forum for nearly the start of the release of the game in germany. The kind of reaction of some users in here is not acceptable, but sometimes the reactions of the moderators and dev's aren't neither. Well it's your forum, so surely you make the rules, and wipe out all kind of stuff you won't like to hear... but also not everybody will stay here, or will leave constructive feedback...

Yes, the starter of this thread didn't choose polite words, I don't want to support this type of reaction, but at least, it's not only him facing this issues.

I own a lot of Games on the PS4, I'm playing about 95% online-games. The most times: TLOU - online , FIFA and in the past Project Cars.
The amount of hard-crashes ( Game freezes, Blue-Screen comes up with error-message) is unlikely the other games. There are days, where every start of Project Cars and Online-Race will end up in a crash.

So: I can play FIFA Online for 4-5 hours without crash, I can play TLOU-Online for 4-5 hours without a crash, but Project Cars sometimes don't last for one complete race-session. What would you think in this situation? That the root cause will be my console, or the software?

I don't need a response to this question, cause it's obvious...

Sankyo
31-01-2016, 20:49
I don't want to be rude, but I think this kind of answer is not helpful. Not every player of this game is coming directly to this forum and posting every bug / crash like a real bug-report. So this forum surely will not know all kind of problems... and I'm reading in this forum for nearly the start of the release of the game in germany. The kind of reaction of some users in here is not acceptable, but sometimes the reactions of the moderators and dev's aren't neither. Well it's your forum, so surely you make the rules, and wipe out all kind of stuff you won't like to hear... but also not everybody will stay here, or will leave constructive feedback...

Yes, the starter of this thread didn't choose polite words, I don't want to support this type of reaction, but at least, it's not only him facing this issues.

I own a lot of Games on the PS4, I'm playing about 95% online-games. The most times: TLOU - online , FIFA and in the past Project Cars.
The amount of hard-crashes ( Game freezes, Blue-Screen comes up with error-message) is unlikely the other games. There are days, where every start of Project Cars and Online-Race will end up in a crash.

So: I can play FIFA Online for 4-5 hours without crash, I can play TLOU-Online for 4-5 hours without a crash, but Project Cars sometimes don't last for one complete race-session. What would you think in this situation? That the root cause will be my console, or the software?

I don't need a response to this question, cause it's obvious...
Not sure what the problem was with my answer that you quoted, but there wasn't any sarcasm in it (nor intended). We know the game has online issues, but some seem to suffer more from them than others. Hence, my first point to check would still be local issues (and if I'm not mistaken, local issues with one online player can cause issues for others especially if that person is hosting, but correct me if I'm wrong).

biggbaddwolf
01-02-2016, 00:32
Not sure what the problem was with my answer that you quoted, but there wasn't any sarcasm in it (nor intended). We know the game has online issues, but some seem to suffer more from them than others. Hence, my first point to check would still be local issues (and if I'm not mistaken, local issues with one online player can cause issues for others especially if that person is hosting, but correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't even play online, and very often my PS4 crashes, and several times I have gotten the corrupt data too. You just admitted the game has issues. Is anything being done to fix it? I hope so, because I used to love this game, and maybe will again someday :hurt:

Pops Racer
01-02-2016, 00:51
I have a simple t80 wheel and from time to time the controller just disconnects... Pressing the center button and selecting the device again restores it. I think it is some issue with the ps4 as the wheel is "forgotten" by the ps4 and has to be re-initialized. Could be p-cars to ps4 as well but only the coders would know. But it is a once a week or so event so what is causing the glitch is persistent. Force feedback wheel of yours may be having same glitch...

JessicaWalter
01-02-2016, 01:12
I don't even play online, and very often my PS4 crashes, and several times I have gotten the corrupt data too. You just admitted the game has issues. Is anything being done to fix it? I hope so, because I used to love this game, and maybe will again someday :hurt:

i haven't played online with pcars at all and I've only had one crash and that was way back before the second patch. i naturally thought online was the only part of the game that was still having problems like that.

ChrisK
01-02-2016, 01:13

Unfortunately remco, although multiplayer is by far the worst performing mode, the game crashes in all modes. I've had the game crash in the menus ! In fact when in menus the ps4 fans go berserk if you're in there for any length of time.

It's also unrealistic to suggest that every other online game I've ever played never crashes ps4, (and I mean never), but PCars does it with unnerving frequency. I will say that as the game has progressed thru patches, each one seems to makes its slightly more stable from my experience but it's still unacceptably buggy.

I know you're one of the guys that's just trying to help and get to the bottom of it though. Unfortunately, I think it's too far gone now to hope for a definitive fix.

One of these threads every second day doesn't help particularly either, other than getting the frustration off the users chest. Which i also understand.

biggbaddwolf
01-02-2016, 05:57
Unfortunately remco, although multiplayer is by far the worst performing mode, the game crashes in all modes. I've had the game crash in the menus ! In fact when in menus the ps4 fans go berserk if you're in there for any length of time.

It's also unrealistic to suggest that every other online game I've ever played never crashes ps4, (and I mean never), but PCars does it with unnerving frequency. I will say that as the game has progressed thru patches, each one seems to makes its slightly more stable from my experience but it's still unacceptably buggy.

I know you're one of the guys that's just trying to help and get to the bottom of it though. Unfortunately, I think it's too far gone now to hope for a definitive fix.

One of these threads every second day doesn't help particularly either, other than getting the frustration off the users chest. Which i also understand.

And I see I didn't get a reply to my question..I guess their motto is "Ignore them and see if they will go away"

ChrisK
01-02-2016, 06:58
I'm with you bro but really how much can be said and how often ? They don't know what the problem is. I called this out months ago.

Regardless of the negativity and criticism, I love the game when it works. I've got the ruf gt3 on a string right now. I can drift it, slide it, back it into corners...anything. It's epic fun to drive. I've just learnt to drive it standard and take a deep breath when the game shits itself.

Don Rudi
01-02-2016, 08:53
I've had three of these fatal crashes on friday alone, all using cars from the latest DLC on different tracks. PS4 wasn't overheated and I was playing offline.
It happened a few times occasionally before, but never in any other game so far.

Stephen1300
01-02-2016, 13:09
I've had one of these fatal crashes when I was in the menu looking at the cars, I loose FFB regularely online and offline. My internet connection is the best you can have, hardwire and all. This game reminds me of the old Jaguar : So beautiful and comfy with all the leathers and the wood, but the motor was so bad everybody ended up putting a Chevy engine in it. I am not saying some people don't have external issues but lets be serious : This game was not ready to be sold to the public and like the old Jag is quite a lemon. I still like teh game but instead of working on new DLC's and trying to get even more money out of us, maybe the concentration of efforts should be put on fixing the base first.

Liquid7394
01-02-2016, 13:14
Crashes aren't related to overheating. The PS4 would turn off if it was overheating, which it doesn't.

BigAlex
01-02-2016, 16:11
Now I am starting to have crashes during the race which never occurred before. And 50% of the time the game freezes when I try to exit the game. That screen freezes in the PS4 home page , then a Black screen appears and then the "beloved' error message appears....

Bob-LeeSwagger96
04-02-2016, 03:02
Wasn't threatening anybody, just simply stating the fact that if it's not fixed in one of the monthly patches we get, I won't be coming back for PCars 2. The game is unstable on PS4, after numerous complaints, it hasn't been fixed. I don't want to incite any drama between myself and the moderators, because in truth, I absolutely LOVE PCars, but its getting to a point where all I can do is race in public sessions( no longer than 20-30 mins before hard crash). I'd like to see some stabilization fixes for this problem

Bob-LeeSwagger96
13-02-2016, 22:09
So, it's February 13, Race 1 of the XRL GT Series PS4 season. as soon as I hopped online for practice, I get half a lap in and I get disconnected from the session, but its not just me, it's literally half the lobby or so, (8-10) people. we are trying different hosts, resetting our systems, resetting our routers, etc... we've each been disconnected about 5-6 times in the last 45 minutes. PlayStation Network seems to be working fine as I can join party chats, view friends list and messages, but as soon as I get into a P Cars multiplayer lobby, it all goes to hell. could this have something to do with the pending 9.0 update? I don't know, but I do know that this seems to be a reoccurring issue every saturday, especially during league races for some reason ( just my luck I guess) anybody have an idea what's going on with the P Cars servers?

Panopticism
14-02-2016, 05:45
I have at least one hard crash per day that I play Project CARS on PS4. I have only had a handful of them on PC, and I've had both versions since release. It wasn't too bad for a while, but since patch 6 or 7 on PS4, I've been having significantly more crashes. I also have the digital version.

As far as wheels being disconnected randomly, I do believe that that is a PS4 USB driver issue.

SGETI
14-02-2016, 17:56
No luck racing today. Keep getting disc. again. I never had any major issues with Disc until yesterday. Sure every once in a while I would lose connection, but nothing to serious.

I have reset my modem, manually changed the MDU setting and danced in a counter clockwise circle while coughing and holding my balls, still no good. Out of ideas. Makes no difference if I join a room or set up my own room. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

A cold and lazy Sunday and all i would like to do is enjoy a few laps of fun.

***edit*** Just noticed this thread is for digital edition, sorry, I have a hard copy. But I still need answers.

Bob-LeeSwagger96
20-03-2016, 17:20
yeah I've been disconnected 5 times in the last hour. one of them was a hard crash 7 minutes into the first practice. Aren't patches supposed to make games better as they go along?

Bob-LeeSwagger96
20-03-2016, 17:23
*Correction, that's now 6 times I've been Disco'd today :)

Androphonomania
20-03-2016, 18:16
I am starting to do some iracing, lesser pc requirements :encouragement:. So i can play multiplayer on sundays.

GUTTER-BOY
20-03-2016, 19:20
Me and Bob-Lee race in the same league. I have a disc copy of the game and am running a cat6 cable and we all had disconnect problems, so it's not just digital copies. We're always told "Don't try to run league races on the weekends", as if that explains and fixes everything. I might look at getting a PC to try iRacing, too. I'm willing to pay to play if it's stable. But I'll need to do my due dilligence, because I'm sick of spending money on a game, wheel, online subscription etc... only to be booted during the little free time I have.