PDA

View Full Version : who plays with traction/stability/abs/auto clutch off? and who with on?

fahadj2003
01-02-2016, 04:35
wanted this to be a poll..
how do i do that?

anyway, i mean all classes, even gt3
and if you play with steering or controller + if you have a seperate shifter too.

i play with all off for all classes except clutch (i keep the auto clutch on with auto trannies and off with manual trannies)

edit: what about camera views? i play with helmet and map+speed in race/ telemetry in qualifying.

Warren1571
01-02-2016, 05:26
I drive with assists set to "real" - so depending on what car class, things like TCS/ABS vary accordingly. I also use a wheel and shifter, manual clutch. But depending on what I'm driving depends on whether I use the paddle shifters/H Pattern gear box/or a Sequential gear box. I do my best to match everything as closely as I can to the real world scenario.

I also drive in cockpit view with the HUD off, driving line off etc. Just try to keep it as close to reality as I can. Works for me, I enjoy the game much more that way.

Silraed
01-02-2016, 06:09
I drive helmet cam with the overlay disabled, I use the correct shifting style for the car.I run with driving assists set to none because I got frustrated with the leaderboard times reporting them as on when they were off, I know it is just a visual thing but it annoyed me :rolleyes:. Though I sometimes use assists set to real in some situations but rarely for TT times.

T0MMY
01-02-2016, 06:33
I play on "real" assists with gamepad, manual gears but no clutch. As for camera view, I'm using hood cam since my laptop screen is too damn small for cockpit view.

Goruk
01-02-2016, 08:31
T500
Helmet cam (Helmet OFF, Stering wheel OFF)
Assist on real
Manual gears
Auto clutch OFF

AndrexUK
01-02-2016, 11:30
AOR GT3 league runs with all aids off (cause reasons....) But I believe it will be up for debate for season 4.
I doubt thee are any of the elite guys using anything other than a wheel....none that I can think of anyway, but I could be wrong.

TwilightUA
01-02-2016, 11:46
I play with only ABS on, because it's quite hard to know what's is going on with tires only by sound (since I have no force feedback).
Everything else is off + cockpit camera.

haydnbuzz
01-02-2016, 11:52
I play with everything off in all classes as I prefer the immersion. For me driving is an art and something that you should take the time to invest in and learn the correct skills as these will help in the real world. I see the advantages to driving aids if you want to get racing quickly and consistently (initially) or are racing with a controller for sure. However for me there is nothing better than driving a H pattern shift car and a bit of heel n' toe shifting. Anybody new to sims I would always recommend switching everything off and take a few months to solely master a highly strung H pattern car with the Lotus 49 being a perfect example. I'll be very frustrating for sure at first but it'll teach you absolutely everything you need to know about car dynamics and prepare you for literally every other car. You'll learn far more doing this over a few months than spending years in a car with all aids switched on and in my opinion be a better driver as a result.

Raven403
01-02-2016, 11:54
All assists Off, always.

Liquid7394
01-02-2016, 11:58
Real.

Fractured Life
01-02-2016, 12:11
Pad, All Assists Off, but with auto clutch. I use the roof cam brought forwards or in some cars the back seat driver with the FOV changed to make it closer as in some cars it's perfectly centred and on others...not so much. If I could move the Internal cam around more or change seat height/move forwards and backwards etc from the pad I'd probably try and line up the interior view so that I could use it, but roof cam works out okay.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
01-02-2016, 12:22
I have it set to Real, but I usually turn off TC and SC, leaving only ABS. Sometimes in really heavy rain I might turn the TC back on again.

Diamond_Eyes
01-02-2016, 12:31
Real assists
TC has the % control slider, so I might play with that

DS4 controller

odrik93
01-02-2016, 12:46
G29 + H-Pattern shift, no assists = most fun. Learned a few days ago to proper heel and toe.

RomKnight
01-02-2016, 12:57
I have it on real but the first thing i check is that. I have keys mapped to disable them.

Pirategenius
01-02-2016, 13:04
Helmet cam, wheel with paddle shift (t100 as g25 does not work with ps4) abs, tract, stab set to real all other assists off.

hkraft300
01-02-2016, 14:24
DS4 controller.
Cockpit cam.
Full HUD.
No assist.
Auto clutch on for stick shifter cars.
Auto clutch off for sequential shifter cars.

The auto clutch engages for sequential (paddle) shifter cars and the revs spike every shift, slowly damaging the engine every lap :(

RomKnight
01-02-2016, 15:05
I,ve been driving the gr5 capri fully manual.. It always damages something even with turbo at 2.4. The diferente is the amount ehehe

Haiden
01-02-2016, 15:40
Before PCars, I played sims with no assists. I started using Real with PCars, but was mostly driving open wheel, so it didn't matter. I recently started getting back to GT and other classes, and quickly went back to no assists, as the ABS was getting in the way.

Helmet/Cockpit View
No Assists
No HUD (PCars Dash and Crew Chief)
Auto Clutch Off

DreamsKnight
01-02-2016, 16:09
i play real. sometimes the TC annoys me, it's time to map it. :D
i use the H shifter and clucth or paddles, dependig on cars. i'd like to have a a sequential shifter, just for fun, i don't find difference with paddles.

Fanapryde
01-02-2016, 16:41
All assists off.
Using H, SQ, or paddles like the car has IRL.

Kitt
01-02-2016, 16:44
G29 and H-shifter,real assist,auto clutch off

cluck
01-02-2016, 16:50
99.9% of the time I drive with no assists and use the h-shifter with manual clutch if that's what the car has. It is not for any sense of elitism (far from it, we are all free to choose how we like to play), I just don't get on with traction control and I certainly don't get on with auto clutch.

kevin kirk
01-02-2016, 17:31
abs on, with the "Porsche" gt3 I have to use stability control. I have tried everything to keep it from going around off throttle but just doesn't help.

01-02-2016, 17:34
abs on, with the "Porsche" gt3 I have to use stability control. I have tried everything to keep it from going around off throttle but just doesn't help.Dec lock in the 60% region with some preload (lets say 60 Nm) should help with that. The default setup seems to be designed around the idea of braking in a straight line, yanking the car around by abusing lift-oversteer, and then planting the throttle to accelerate in a straight line. You can make it behave much more like the others by doing a setup that is closer to them, but of course the rear engine will always carry its own consequences.

Sasquatch
01-02-2016, 17:36
abs on, with the "Porsche" gt3 I have to use stability control.
The RUF brand is an actual brand, you know. Instead of a Flat-six, it's torquey 90 degree V-8.

It's not a Porsche, or a "Porsche".. It's a RUF.

Castrol r
01-02-2016, 17:39
All off / In car no steering wheel,manual sq, my steering wheel does not come with clutch or h pattern
Mad catz

Angst1974
01-02-2016, 17:59
Real options , because it's a sim :)

havocc
01-02-2016, 20:39
T500
Helmet cam (Helmet OFF, Stering wheel OFF)
Assist on real
Manual gears
Auto clutch OFF

Exactly the same for me

maxpainpayne
02-02-2016, 02:12
ds4: I want a wheel but don't want to crowd up my living room

NO ASSISTS 100% of the time, wheel or no wheel (if a lobby has assists enabled, I quit) I make my own lobby with no assists and qualify for an hour, most people leave but who cares. I stand firm behind no assists because it is so rewarding to learn this way of driving. Sure real assist keep you from dying in a real car but you never die playing a video game, so take off those training wheels and join me for a qualify session.

helmet cam/cockpit: never use the fly by camera view in a competitive races.

manual gears:

Cheekiecharlie
02-02-2016, 11:44
everything off and dashcam ,i just don't feel immersed in the game if it has abs,traction or auto clutch on

Angst1974
02-02-2016, 12:22
everything off and dashcam ,i just don't feel immersed in the game if it has abs,traction or auto clutch on

I think it's fine playing without ABS or TC if you want , but if the real cars have them , and the real drivers use them . How does disabling them "add to immersion" ?

DreamsKnight
02-02-2016, 12:27
ds4: I want a wheel but don't want to crowd up my living room

NO ASSISTS 100% of the time, wheel or no wheel (if a lobby has assists enabled, I quit) I make my own lobby with no assists and qualify for an hour, most people leave but who cares. I stand firm behind no assists because it is so rewarding to learn this way of driving. Sure real assist keep you from dying in a real car but you never die playing a video game, so take off those training wheels and join me for a qualify session.

helmet cam/cockpit: never use the fly by camera view in a competitive races.

manual gears:

Honestly i find more rewarding finding how to use TC and ABS in a correct way to improve lap times. (In car which provide them).
Flat out both brake and accelerator cause there are TC and ABS, it is simply wrong and slow ;)

I'm trying to say that there is a differenze between use them as "helps" or "instruments"

Opinions. :)

KkDrummer
02-02-2016, 12:31
Real.

Plage
02-02-2016, 13:25
Everything off except autoclutch and shifting via paddles. Cockpit view and HUD without mirrors. I'd actually prefere to use the telemetry overlay but these flashing orange circles of the "load indicators" or what it's called drive me nuts.

I'm trying to improve with using the manual clutch but so far it only works up to the 1M or so. Everything that requires more and faster (re)action doesn't really works. Far away from heal and toe or any other pedal ballet. If I'm using the clutch I'm also using the H-shifter from the G25 but I'm actually quite unhappy with the "clicky clacky" and overall feeling of it. Never really used the sequential mode of the shifter.

mr_belowski
02-02-2016, 13:30
trying to re-learn my technique too so I can use my clutch + h-pattern shifter. Coming from many years with paddle shifters and only 2 pedals it's a *very* steep learning curve, but a nice challenge. Prefer to switch the aids off too, but then I generally stick to the historic cars for offline action

hkraft300
02-02-2016, 15:13
I think it's fine playing without ABS or TC if you want , but if the real cars have them , and the real drivers use them . How does disabling them "add to immersion" ?

It does for me in the sense I'm more in (sometimes also "out of" ;) ) control of the car.
The adjustable TC in this game is excellent: if you're silly it won't save you.
But I like to know that I've made a mistake and learn from it, instead of the mistake being hidden from me by the assists. So its a bit of a learning thing for me: to find deficiency in my driving and/or car setup.

sp3ctor
02-02-2016, 15:22
Real. I've used the driver view exclusively and typically set up races to force interior view but... I've found using an exterior view during starts helps me avoid the mess going on around me as much as possible so I've been doing that in online games. I'll use my H shifter and a clutch if the car is supposed to have it. Otherwise, paddles.

Fanapryde
02-02-2016, 15:27
It is not because real cars have ABS and TC, that drivers are using them (all the time).
It will depend on conditions. Normally disabling TC and ABS will make you faster (at least I am faster without them in dry conditions).

hkraft300
02-02-2016, 15:39
Assists activate if you're beyond the car's limits.
So if you drive well and fast, on the limit, assists shouldn't activate at all.
ABS is too effective I feel. SC and abs combined doesn't let me throw the car round sometimes, say I've missed a brake point or I have to Dodge an accident...

Fernandito
02-02-2016, 15:45
It's so much fun when you hear some guys claiming themselves to be really fast, for then discover they are all assists users, or that at least use one or two assists ("only" as they say roflmao).

Al assists off. Either 360 controller or t300 gte wheel plus t3pa.

The opinion of anyone using assists, or real assists which after all means using assists in some classes, should be not taken in serious, or affect further dev feedback regarding physcis, as If you use any assist that means you simply can't drive properly.

KasperVJensen
02-02-2016, 15:47
What ever is real or implemented in league races.

If the car is a manual I will use the shifter and all three pedals for some dancing.

Liquid7394
02-02-2016, 16:01
The opinion of anyone using assists, or real assists which after all means using assists in some classes, should be not taken in serious, or affect further dev feedback regarding physcis, as If you use any assist that means you simply can't drive properly.
Oh really. So if a professional racecar driver uses assists then they can't drive properly?

02-02-2016, 16:25
I play with whatever the lobby allows, though I never use stability assist. TC doesn't really make you go faster but ABS can be worth 1 second or more. You can be a 'pro' and insist of not using any but don't complain when you're beaten by assist players.

King-Kodiak
02-02-2016, 16:45
I use all the assists, and use the bonnet camera (not the bumper one).

Reasons for this is as follows:
1. I'm crap at the game and have no illusions about it
2. I mainly do TT
3. I only get to play Pcars maybe a few hours a week, so I don't have time to learn how to drive the cars "properly"
4. I am on a mission to set a time in every car on every track, and be in the top 50% of every leaderboard. At the rate I am going, it will take about 10 years, but I am having great fun doing it, and lets face it, is that not what we play Pcars for?

KasperVJensen
02-02-2016, 17:20
It's so much fun when you hear some guys claiming themselves to be really fast, for then discover they are all assists users, or that at least use one or two assists ("only" as they say roflmao).

Bit of a bold statement, don't you think?

RaceNut
02-02-2016, 17:39
I don't fault anyone for using assists - whatever works . . .

I prefer no assists normally although, in a tight competitive racing scenario where my safety is at risk, I would likely feel quite differently. :D

Cockpit cam - 100% of the time

Clutch assist - I'm not too fussed about unless I'm using the H-shifter, then I want to be using heel/toe and help maintain second-nature left/right foot braking techniques.

fahadj2003
02-02-2016, 22:54
abs on, with the "Porsche" gt3 I have to use stability control. I have tried everything to keep it from going around off throttle but just doesn't help.

tune it out.. front sway bars + ride height + accelration diff. lock

edit: move the brake balance to 51 from 50, helps with the braking spinout issue

fahadj2003
02-02-2016, 22:57

cause otherwise you'll just floor the throttle/brake and wont be doing much.. cant call it immersion but i definitely enjoy the challange.

and i agree with 'not being a real driver wwith assists' posts.. i had a 2k9 cruze with base options (no tc/s/abs) and i irl learned how to do most things and i learned more about driving than most people around me.

i wont whine if i'm beaten by those who use it but i'd still say they chicken out, or don't know as much.

fahadj2003
02-02-2016, 23:38
*testing signature*

edit: yay!

maxpainpayne
03-02-2016, 04:45
Fact= non-assist racers are more skillful than assist racers.

hkraft300
03-02-2016, 05:42

So you're telling me...
That you're a more skillful driver than real life professionals? because you use no assists in a sim?

Fact: real life pros in real life race cars have and use assists.

Fernandito
03-02-2016, 06:48
So you're telling me...
That you're a more skillful driver than real life professionals? because you use no assists in a sim?

Fact: real life pros in real life race cars have and use assists.keep trying excuses

Scuderia Paul
03-02-2016, 06:52
I play with a DS4 with just ABS on as it is difficult to modulate brake pressure with it.

03-02-2016, 07:23
The point of racing is to lap/race in the shortest possible time. Why disadvantage yourself by not using something that can make you go faster?

In the end, the fastest driver wins the race/sets the fastest lap, not the most skilled driver.

"Oh I didn't win but the winner used assist so I'm better" - fact is you still didn't win.

DragonSyr
03-02-2016, 07:27
Helmet cam (Helmet OFF, Stering wheel ON)
Assists off
Manual gears
Auto clutch ON

Diamond_Eyes
03-02-2016, 07:28

Perhaps but can the non-assist racer turn a faster laptime?

The great thing about this game is you can do what you like with your assists, so everyone is happy!

cluck
03-02-2016, 07:41
The point of racing is to lap/race in the shortest possible time. Why disadvantage yourself by not using something that can make you go faster?

In the end, the fastest driver wins the race/sets the fastest lap, not the most skilled driver.

"Oh I didn't win but the winner used assist so I'm better" - fact is you still didn't win.Absolutely spot on :yes:

It's a game and we are all free to choose to play it however we want. If some people want to use no assists and compromise their race - as I discovered to my cost in a recent GT3 event at Spa (not using ABS was a big mistake) - then so be it. If people want to use assists, then that is absolutely their right to do so if it maximises their potential and, more importantly, their enjoyment of the game.

Am I more skilful than those drivers that use assists? No. I just use a different set of skills to get myself around the track in similar times. If I don't win then I am simply not as skilled (or lucky :D) as the driver that did. Assists have nothing to do with it.

Bealdor
03-02-2016, 07:55

keep trying excuses

Oh please cut down on your hardcore simracer elitism.

It's totally fine if you like the extra challenge of not using any assists at all (even if the real car has them), but there's no need to belittle the opinions or racing capabilities of those who like to use them.
Professional drivers will use any assist they are allowed to if it makes them faster. Does that mean they're bad drivers? No, they're just seeking for every advantage available.

havocc
03-02-2016, 08:26
Some cars are designed to be driven with assists, using the P1 without TC is close to impossible, that car spins even in 3rd-4th gear...

Cheekiecharlie
03-02-2016, 11:59

simple ,it adds to my immersion ,its how i like to drive ,any real car i have owned ,i dont use traction control ,i only use the driving aids that cannot be disabled

driving with no safety features on a game doesn't cost lots of money if/when you crash out

real driving aids in real cars are for real roads ,this is a game not reality

Cheekiecharlie
03-02-2016, 12:05
So you're telling me...

bet the real life 'professionals' who use 'no assists' would be more skillful than those that do use them ,at least until the learned how to drive 'professionally' in race conditions without them

cluck
03-02-2016, 12:08
bet the real life 'professionals' who use 'no assists' would be more skillful than those that do use them ,at least until the learned how to drive 'professionally' in race conditions without themThey will be more skilful at driving without them compared to drivers who are used to using them, but likewise, drivers who do use them will be more skilful at using ABS and TC to their maximum potential than those drivers that aren't used to using them. Both require a set of skills at the very highest level, just a different set of skills :).

EDIT : As default wrote earlier, it's no use coming second and saying "well, he used ABS, that's the only way he won". The other guy won, you didn't. You either need to be more skilled at your own racecraft, to try and beat the "weaker" opponent (as some people seem to regard these drivers as, the ones that use ABS etc) or you start using ABS etc yourself. Just to be clear, that's a general "you", not you specifically Cheekiecharlie :).

Cheekiecharlie
03-02-2016, 12:20
yes,absolutely ,as i say ,for myself ,jumping on the brakes before a corner ,or foot to the floor throttle 3/4 of the way around a corner just doesn't do it for me ,i like the challenge of feeling the car skidding ,adjust ,then having to feed the throttle on the way out ,that is what gives me the 'immersion' i was on about .

maybe not for everyone ,we all get different things out of the game ,any time i use assists,the game becomes boring ,hit your braking mark ,you are guaranteed to make the corner 99% of the time ,foot to the floor on the way out is the same ,i like every lap,every corner a challenge

Salty Dog
03-02-2016, 12:23
Just depends on what car im driving and what enables me to have the most fun, sometimes all assists on if the car feels better, sometimes they feel better all real, sometimes a mix.

cluck
03-02-2016, 12:26
yes,absolutely ,as i say ,for myself ,jumping on the brakes before a corner ,or foot to the floor throttle 3/4 of the way around a corner just doesn't do it for me ,i like the challenge of feeling the car skidding ,adjust ,then having to feed the throttle on the way out ,that is what gives me the 'immersion' i was on about .

maybe not for everyone ,we all get different things out of the game ,any time i use assists,the game becomes boring ,hit your braking mark ,you are guaranteed to make the corner 99% of the time ,foot to the floor on the way out is the same ,i like every lap,every corner a challengeTrue but that method of driving will not yield a fast lap, hence what I said about using a different set of skills. For example, with the BMW 1M Stanceworks, you have to maintain high revs coming out of corners to overcome the bogging down that the traction control induces. Get it right and you can set sub. 49s times at Brands Indy (as Nic Hamilton was doing). The alternative is to turn it off and manage the throttle carefully to get .... a sub 49s time at Brands Indy, as I have done. Both methods get you round the track, both require concentration and focus, both require a set of skills to pull off correctly. Boring? Depends on your definition of boring I suppose. Yes, it's fun to light up the rear tyres but it's not going to help your lap times or let you run the tyres for a long time ;).

03-02-2016, 12:37
Fact= non-assist racers are more skillful than assist racers.Just because someone refuses to use assists doesn't in any way, shape or form tell you anything about their skills, it just tells you they don't use assists. There are plenty of drivers who are insanely fast with or without them, but if the rules allow it they will take advantage of them.

Diamond_Eyes
03-02-2016, 13:01
....hit your braking mark ,you are guaranteed to make the corner 99% of the time ,foot to the floor on the way out is the same ,i like every lap,every corner a challenge

You need to move your braking marker a tad forward! Not saying that you should change what you enjoy but even with the assists, you still end up playing with the car's grip limits. TC has the % slider on it controlling when it kicks in.

Cheekiecharlie
03-02-2016, 13:03
True but that method of driving will not yield a fast lap, hence what I said about using a different set of skills. For example, with the BMW 1M Stanceworks, you have to maintain high revs coming out of corners to overcome the bogging down that the traction control induces. Get it right and you can set sub. 49s times at Brands Indy (as Nic Hamilton was doing). The alternative is to turn it off and manage the throttle carefully to get .... a sub 49s time at Brands Indy, as I have done. Both methods get you round the track, both require concentration and focus, both require a set of skills to pull off correctly. Boring? Depends on your definition of boring I suppose. Yes, it's fun to light up the rear tyres but it's not going to help your lap times or let you run the tyres for a long time ;).

yes,good point ,at the moment i'm just enjoying the game (personal challenge) when i'm looking to shave 10ths or 100ths of lap times in competitive races ,your way with assists will probably be the best way to achieve this :)

fahadj2003
03-02-2016, 13:12
Some cars are designed to be driven with assists, using the P1 without TC is close to impossible, that car spins even in 3rd-4th gear...

^ i use no assists and ive no issues like that

again, driving with no assists is a whole new level of skills on its own

plus, ive turned every car.. like mp4 12c is fast but not as great in handling but tune out its front height and sway bars and it handles like a pro.

Invincible
03-02-2016, 13:13
yes,good point ,at the moment i'm just enjoying the game (personal challenge) when i'm looking to shave 10ths or 100ths of lap times in competitive races ,your way with assists will probably be the best way to achieve this :)

Depends. There are some cases where you actually can get out of a hairpin easier (and faster) without assists, because the TC is cutting you down too much so you have to lower the gas pedal pressure even further than you would have to without it. So shaving THAT 10th of a seconds off is easier without assists.

Salty Dog
03-02-2016, 13:42
This blogs quickly moved into a cock measuring contest lol

Mad Al
03-02-2016, 13:45

Careful, you'll have Cluck in here claiming an 18 inch Cock (hard to judge from the avatar)

havocc
03-02-2016, 13:52
Careful, you'll have Cluck in here claiming an 18 inch Cock (hard to judge from the avatar)

Well, his avatar is a cock, now we don't know how long is the cock's cock

Invincible
03-02-2016, 14:00
Well, his avatar is a cock, now we don't know how long is the cock's cock

Does a cock even have a cock?

havocc
03-02-2016, 14:08
Does a cock even have a cock?

Nope chicks grow on trees

Invincible
03-02-2016, 14:14
Nope chicks grow on trees

Well, they DO have a Cloaca...

Now that we're taking about Chicken - Coleslaw comes to my mind! :p

Bealdor
03-02-2016, 14:28
Guys, please...

Bigger Than Dave
03-02-2016, 14:33
I use "real" but map a TC button so I can turn it off if needed. Autoclutch is a must as I use a DFGT.

hkraft300
03-02-2016, 14:40
keep trying excuses

bet the real life 'professionals' who use 'no assists' would be more skillful than those that do use them ,at least until the learned how to drive 'professionally' in race conditions without them

:applause:

Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

diesel97
03-02-2016, 15:20

Always does, never fails

Silraed
03-02-2016, 15:23
The elitism is going to get the thread locked guys :(

Fernandito
03-02-2016, 15:31

Willing to put your money where your mouth is?cool story bro. Anyway If you use assists, you can't drive. Thats the one and only truth

MysterG
03-02-2016, 15:44
cool story bro. Anyway If you use assists, you can't drive. Thats the one and only truth

Bealdor has already warned you about your attitude today. Consider this a final one. Next time you'll be taking enforced time out.

Silraed
03-02-2016, 15:44
Thats the one and only truth

But it is not. If you are only in the thread to belittle other players then kindly leave and let the thread get on with the topic.

diesel97
03-02-2016, 15:49
But it is not. If you are only in the thread to belittle other players then kindly leave and let the thread get on with the topic.

This topic only baits people into a p*ssing match every time it comes up

Silraed
03-02-2016, 15:54
This topic only baits people into a p*ssing match every time it comes up

It does. But it is still a valid discussion and people should be allowed to have it without being talked down to by elitists.

Liquid7394
03-02-2016, 15:59
cool story bro. Anyway If you use assists, you can't drive. Thats the one and only truth
Wrong.

DreamsKnight
03-02-2016, 16:25
I am sad to have arrived late, because I had to be the first to mention the length of the penis.
I am also rather surprised that i have not read topic like this one from my entry in the forum. until now.
i see who says the only proper to drive fast is without assists in this way:

http://www.youanimal.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/struzzo.jpg

as said i use real mode, that i find a lovely option to jump from the past to the present. and even if i use real mode, i drive the most until now old turbo cars like bmw320, zakspeed, procar, lotus 98t. and they don't have assists.

but at the end, in a game with online charts I think it's very easy to let talk times. but long penis inside here only speak without times, i don't know why.

diesel97
03-02-2016, 16:33
It does. But it is still a valid discussion and people should be allowed to have it without being talked down to by elitists.

I'm not sure what their is to discuss, it comes down to personal preference. Discussing it, defending it, just seems that one side is right and other is wrong. And around and around it goes

edit: this is when a poll is all thats needed . Just put the options up and then count the numbers

Lee-h
03-02-2016, 16:38
Full sim mode for me

Raven403
03-02-2016, 16:40
I'm not sure what their is to discuss, it comes down to personal preference. Discussing it, defending it, just seems that one side is right and other is wrong. And around and around it goes

Agree, not sure why it matters who races with what.

Cheekiecharlie
03-02-2016, 17:48

Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

yep probably,willing to show any examples ???

Shadowoff
03-02-2016, 18:29
Real assists, automatic clutch, manual shifting and no line.

APR193
03-02-2016, 19:07
I also play with assists set to real, by far the best feature ever added to a racing game, ever.

hkraft300
04-02-2016, 03:46
yep probably,willing to show any examples ???

F1. Daytona Prototypes (I think). LM GTE...
Not professionals or skillful at all.

Cheekiecharlie
04-02-2016, 12:01
in your opinion lol

maxpainpayne
04-02-2016, 12:27
So you're telling me...

No, Im telling you that if you can't drive without assist, then you are less skilled compared to a racer who can race without assist in project cars. This shows your weakness. you will not be able to compete in all conditions because you lack the skills to drive without assist. on the other hand, the non assist racers has Skills to race with or without assists. common knowledge, did that clear things up for you?

real life racing is different, I would use assist to prevent wreckage. and no, im not a real professional race driver, just a really fast sim racer who is not afraid to to challenge anyone under any race restrictions.

I have been playing racing sims for many years using assists (trust me, I was really fast with assists ) eventually I learned to go almost as fast without using them. This skill took much practice and dedication to perfect many lost races until my lap time improved.

Just because someone refuses to use assists doesn't in any way, shape or form tell you anything about their skills, it just tells you they don't use assists. There are plenty of drivers who are insanely fast with or without them, but if the rules allow it they will take advantage of them.

True: refusing to race with assist does not tell you anything about their skills. However, the inability to race without them does tell about skills.

I have a few question for those who can't go without assists. 1) when braking, can you apply the correct amount of pressure to prevent locking? 2) while cornering or extreme position changes, can you steady you car without losing control? 3) when accelerating out of corners, can you apply correct amount of throttle pressure to prevent traction loss? apparently not... because you use assists and/or because it what they use in "real life". so do you ever learn to drive properly with out them?

I refuse to go back to using assist because it makes this sim racing feel more like nfs or gta5 type racing. But if you feel that you can't handle the car without assists, I have no problem with that.

It seems that some want to find excuses to hide certain difficulties. Assist are there to correct handling, braking and accelerating mistakes. What makes you think that is a skill greater than without using them? what tickles me is how some people think that it requires a special skill to use real assists roflmao; assuming that non-assist racers don't know how to use them.

04-02-2016, 12:52
True: refusing to race with assist does not tell you anything about their skills. However, the inability to race without them does tell about skills.That's indeed the big difference, does the assist user use the assists because it's realistic (real racing series allow them and the drivers use them), do they use them to improve their performance slightly or perhaps to reduce stress levels and increase consistency in a long race (ditto), or is it just that they're unable to perform without them.

There are options other than "uses assists = can't drive without assists" and "doesn't use assists = good enough of a driver". There are many valid reasons to use and to not uses them, whether it's realistically following real life rules, wanting a challenge, or just enjoying playing more one way vs. the other. But whether one uses them or not doesn't in itself certainly mean that they're in anyway better than the other one.

DreamsKnight
04-02-2016, 12:53
No, Im telling you that if you can't drive without assist,

Not for everybody. It could be a choice. You don't want understand this choice. You are speaking only looking how long is the penis.

im not a real professional race driver,
This is evident to everybody. Cause they use assists.

just a really fast sim racer .
These are words. Do a video or link your times. Then we can speak how fast you are.

it seems that some want to find excuses to hide certain difficulties.
Or simply i found idiot to not use assists in gt3 in the same way i found idiot use them in m1 ProCar.

MysterG
04-02-2016, 13:02
No, Im telling you that if you can't drive without assist, then you are less skilled compared to a racer who can race without assist in project cars. <snip>.

Would it be too much to ask, for you to post in a less condescending style?
Not the first time a mod has had to deal with you, next time you'll be out of here for a while.

I think this thread has run it's course.