PDA

View Full Version : TH8A and G29

cmch15
01-02-2016, 14:41
Hi all, I read on here somewhere (I think) there were people successfully using the TH8A shifter via USB with their G29.

I have just got one but it does not seem to be recognised by the PS4. I have checked the firmware is up to date, tested and calibrated it in both H and Sequential modes via my PC.

Am I missing something, or did I imagine what I read? Thanks in advance. :)

Fre.Mo
01-02-2016, 15:32
I remember having red that th8 shifter only works combined with thrustmaster wheel.

cmch15
01-02-2016, 16:47
Yes, thanks. After further searching I have found a couple of threads related saying so. I had made certain assumptions seeing someone's name that I knew uses G29, but an earlier post saying TH8A works on his PS4. I think that post must've been during T300 ownership.

Bit of a sh***er as its a nice shifter, and a simple solution to switching between H and sequential. I will have to continue with my modded Logitech shifter, just have to assign 3rd and 4th as UP and DOWN gears. Works well but difficult to switch.

wyldanimal
04-02-2016, 21:31
on the PS4, the TH8A only works with a thrustmaster wheel, even when used as USB.
on a PC you can get a leo bodnar USB adapter and the Shifter is recognized as a standalone control.
So can be used with any supported Wheel.

Pretty Sure that adapter does not work on the PS4.

When I first got my G29, I thought Great My TH8A is USB, so it will work... But nope...
Only works when my T300 is used.

Would make for a nice combination...
G29 with TH8A