PDA

View Full Version : Weather options are useless

Chiraq
01-02-2016, 22:26
I don't like the weather options at all. I mean come on why is the sync to race not working with timed races? And why does the weather reset each session. I want to have practice in dry conditions, qualifying in rain an so on. That's boring. If you set it to random and your session before the race exceeds 45 minutes on normal weather progression you can see what the next slot in the race will be like. It's pretty, yes. It's new, yes. But it's useless. I don't like it and I think I'm not alone.

And I spent around 250 hours on this game so don't tell me I'm a hater or something.

kevin kirk
01-02-2016, 23:18
I'm not having trouble with the weather itself. I'm having trouble with the time in between the actual weather event. The track going from wet to dry and drying after the rain to fast. Any threads about weather seem to just end with a link to a giant thread that the info in it changes the deeper you get into the thread from the different patches and so on.

techenix00
02-02-2016, 00:38
it annoys me the weather in career mode events is fixed. always raining is f***ing annoying...
why the rain weather in other games doesn't have much performance hit and looks better ?
when in pCARS the rain is just looks like a needles falling from the dark sky and its hitting 10fps (20+ including the particles and reflections)

Seelenkrank
02-02-2016, 03:01
Athlon II X4 635 ll MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ll 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866mhz
ll ID Cooling Frostflow 240L ll PowerColor HD 7730 1GB GDDR5

where should the performance come from?

seb02
02-02-2016, 06:06
I don't like the weather options at all. I mean come on why is the sync to race not working with timed races? And why does the weather reset each session. I want to have practice in dry conditions, qualifying in rain an so on. That's boring. If you set it to random and your session before the race exceeds 45 minutes on normal weather progression you can see what the next slot in the race will be like. It's pretty, yes. It's new, yes. But it's useless. I don't like it and I think I'm not alone.

And I spent around 250 hours on this game so don't tell me I'm a hater or something.

actually, it does not work and I wonder if this will be corrected

rev happy
02-02-2016, 06:44
Regarding the weather, I would like to use the random slots more, but I'm put off because I don't ever want to race in fog. It would be most welcome in PC2, if I had the option to exclude certain types of weather from the random slots.

Diamond_Eyes
02-02-2016, 07:11
Regarding the weather, I would like to use the random slots more, but I'm put off because I don't ever want to race in fog. It would be most welcome in PC2, if I had the option to exclude certain types of weather from the random slots.

I'd certainly like more weather choice e.g.

RANDOM
RANDOM DRY
RANDOM WET

techenix00
02-02-2016, 07:33
Athlon II X4 635 ll MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ll 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866mhz
ll ID Cooling Frostflow 240L ll PowerColor HD 7730 1GB GDDR5

where should the performance come from?

yeah bro, say anything you want, brag your rig to me. you rich kid :D

i know my system is weak, weaker for about 100000000000000000% than yours :D
thanks for being a working student, i can't afford an upgrade for now.

@topic
its better to have a weather selection in career too. i really want to avoid the rain. but i hope it will be in PC2

Sankyo
02-02-2016, 07:43
Thread closed because of excessive hyperbole in thread title and stating personal opinion as absolute truth.

If you guys want the devs to stay active on this forum and listen to you, you'd better rethink your communication approach.