PDA

View Full Version : XBox One Controller vs Thrustmaster GPX

mattwright1379
02-02-2016, 13:22
Hi all,

I can't afford a decent wheel at the moment having just built a new PC, so if I have to use a gamepad (I know, I know) which one do people recommend out of the XBox One controller and Thrustmaster's GPX?

Schumi-
02-02-2016, 13:44
Can only comment on the Xbox one controller, works very well indeed, i have had no problems, with it at all, make sure you use THESE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&p=1088866&viewfull=1#post1088866) settings but just to let you know the rumble triggers dont work.

Fernandito
02-02-2016, 14:23
Hi all,

I can't afford a decent wheel at the moment having just built a new PC, so if I have to use a gamepad (I know, I know)
(You know you know what?) You'll be faster with a pad in this game. Trust me. So If you're buying a wheel then let it be used on another racing games you might own, like iracing, assetto, etc. Those are the games where you will race better and faster with a wheel.

You can also also a 360 pad instead of the xbox1. Equally faster

balderz002
02-02-2016, 14:30
I couldnt afford a nice wheel, so I got a cheap one. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia wheel, 65 off Amazon. No FFB, and the PC see's it as a normal controller, but it does me for the time being.

mattwright1379
02-02-2016, 14:45
Thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated! Balderz002 I ordered that wheel last night but then noticed it wasn't on the supported list (I missed the TX) and cancelled it! So are there any issues with it not being supported and seen as a normal controller?

balderz002
02-02-2016, 14:58
Any issues? Not really mate, it plays ok with me.

Not quite as plush as the 000 version as it only has rubber band technology, but if its a stop gap for you till you get a bigger badder/better one then you could do worse!

I had to adjust a few of the rotation settings to make it a bit better, but there are a few threads on here about that. I much prefer it to a controller. Faster or not, it feels better.

Forgot to mention, the only thing with it being seen as a controller, is that when looking at the leader boards, it shows as a controller, and not a wheel. But thats it.

mattwright1379
02-02-2016, 22:01
Thanks very much Balderz, wheel has now been reordered :-)