PDA

View Full Version : I can't stay on track please help.

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 17:30
Hi all,I'm new to this game but not new to driving games I'm very good at gt6,but this game has me close to insanity I bought the game ,a new steering wheel and after three hours on the clip cup in tier 6 i have not got around the track once due to understeer please help with a tune or advice has anyone had this problem. I heard good things about this game but I'm starting to doubt it any help would be great thanks

FS7
02-02-2016, 17:38
PCars isn't as beginner friendly as GT6.

You need to be smooth with your inputs, sloppy or jerky inputs won't get you anywhere.
Take it easy on the outlap, warm up the tyres, then try to push the car and do a fast lap. Trying to push the car on cold tyres is pointless.
Have you tried other cars in solo mode/free practice? If not you should do that, find cars you like and stick with them. Personally I don't like fwd cars like the Clio Cup, no point in spending time in career events for cars I don't like.

KasperVJensen
02-02-2016, 17:39
Slow down.

There are tuning setups that help a bit, but I'm afraid it won't magically help you stay on track.

It took me a good while to figure out the Clio, but once I did, it became one of my favourite cars. Stick with it, you will find the sweet spot soon enough :)

PS: Throttle control is key to the Clio. It reacts a lot differently to most other (RWD) cars.

Schnizz58
02-02-2016, 17:45
The Clio isn't an easy car to drive in my opinion. It's got some idiosyncrasies. Maybe practice with something easier (like a Ginetta G40) until you get a feel for it and then come back and attack the Clio.

Fractured Life
02-02-2016, 17:49
Hi all,I'm new to this game but not new to driving games I'm very good at gt6,but this game has me close to insanity I bought the game ,a new steering wheel and after three hours on the clip cup in tier 6 i have not got around the track once due to understeer please help with a tune or advice has anyone had this problem. I heard good things about this game but I'm starting to doubt it any help would be great thanks

This brings a smile to my face. I think is what I thought when I first tried career with Clio's :)

Cold tyres are horrendous. I used to just pop into 6th coming out of pits and keep it slow and steady til the tyres come up.

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 18:06
Thanks for the replys, guys I appreciate that it's not beginner friendly but it's hard . I'm generally good at setting up cars but it's like every thing i do makes the car worse braking is like stop turn off I go stop turn off I go again ha ha. I did a couple of race on free mode ya it better but it still seems a bit wrong in some way I can't explain. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet but at least other people have problems too which is great. Seriously ye have giving me a bit of hope. I might move on I just felt like I couldn't leave a clio beat me . Ya in gt6 ff cars were the hardest but this is a bit ridiculous. Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it. Thanks peps

morpwr
02-02-2016, 18:25
Thanks for the replys, guys I appreciate that it's not beginner friendly but it's hard . I'm generally good at setting up cars but it's like every thing i do makes the car worse braking is like stop turn off I go stop turn off I go again ha ha. I did a couple of race on free mode ya it better but it still seems a bit wrong in some way I can't explain. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet but at least other people have problems too which is great. Seriously ye have giving me a bit of hope. I might move on I just felt like I couldn't leave a clio beat me . Ya in gt6 ff cars were the hardest but this is a bit ridiculous. Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it. Thanks peps

Coming from owning every gt game that has come out it teaches you bad habits.lol The idea is the same but pcars is much less forgiving. Try just backing up your corners and brake smoothly in a straight line. Basically get slowed down earlier and roll into the corner. The clio is fun once you get it.

kevin kirk
02-02-2016, 19:20
start with a gt3 car with warm tires. Don't let a car on cold tires be your first car when you driving the game the first time. Never adjust settings with a car that starts out on cold tires until you have some experience how the game works. Cold tires, cold tires, and then after that cold tires. Cold tires and cold tires. Oh yea, cold tires.

racesafegrandad
02-02-2016, 19:22

I felt just like you about project cars when I first came from Grid Autosport. Now, four weeks in and I am flying! Its already been said but for the first two laps the tyres are far too cold to push.
Also try different cars. Have you played with the settings in the force feedback wheel yet? I spend half a day just on that but well worth it! If you stick with it you will fall in love with Protect cars more than your first girlfriend. :)

FS7
02-02-2016, 19:24
Does every race consist of warming tyres it would not be what I'm used to so I have to work on it.
For practice and qualifying you'll need to warm up the tyres on the outlap, for the race the car starts with the tyres already warmed up.
Classes such as Formula A, DTM, GT3, LMP1, use tyre blankets and come out of the pits with the tyres already warmed up.

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 23:34
Thanks for all the replys lads , iv taken a lot from each one of ye. Looking forward to moving on to races without cold tyres but for now I can't let that clio beat me I came third with the ai at 75 percent so I'm defo getting there. It's a mixture of cold tyres and ff drive train and just project cars that had me in a heap. But starting to like it now and as I said every one of ye helped me some bit so thanks cause I'd I got no replys here I say I would of packed it in thanks again lads respect

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 23:36
I felt just like you about project cars when I first came from Grid Autosport. Now, four weeks in and I am flying! Its already been said but for the first two laps the tyres are far too cold to push.
Also try different cars. Have you played with the settings in the force feedback wheel yet? I spend half a day just on that but well worth it! If you stick with it you will fall in love with Protect cars more than your first girlfriend. :)

The only thing I'd touch on the wheel would be the steering senitivity is your high or low

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 23:47
It's good to know I don't have to deal with this cold tyre thing for the rest of my career but as for now the clio is not beating me i came third in first race with ai at 75 percent so getting there. What steering senitivity do you have your wheel at I have the trustmaster t150. People thanks for all the reply I took a lot from ye all with out all yere help I say I would of packed up so thanks again people

DECATUR PLAYA
02-02-2016, 23:48

If you can't keep it on the track then drive it off the track.

Project Cars off road physics are pretty good and if you learn what to do you can actually drive the car pretty good off the track. The reason I'm saying this is because most guys drive off the track and give up on driving the car. If you learn to continue to drive the car off road after screwing up what will happen is that you will have less fear of driving the car on the edge and the more you drive on the edge the faster you will be.

Oh yeah COLD TIRES.

bromerboi
02-02-2016, 23:49
Sorry could find first post so wrote another ffs

Ixoye56
03-02-2016, 00:33
You can find some good setups for that car here .... http: //projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Cozza
03-02-2016, 01:11
considering the AI dont stay on the track either I wouldnt worry about it :p

Mad Dog Smith
03-02-2016, 02:19

I got ya, buddy. Same thing happened to me. same tier.

It just takes some getting used to. if you have the luxery of doing 30 minute practice sessions, 15 minute qualifying and then the race?

100% length, basically ...

You'll get better immediantly. It just takes time.

People on this forum gave me real good advice on breaking. They said you should break all at once, then accelerate when halfway through the turn.

For me that probably did the most for keeping me on the track.

I was also real careful when I was accelerating. I basically made sure my vehicle was stable and going straighte before I hit the pedal.

hkraft300
03-02-2016, 02:38
I came from GT6 and got well acquainted with the track barriers when I first fired up this game :)
I can't gel with the karts or the FWD/AWD cars in this game. If I'm forced to drive the Clios I'm at the back doing hand brake skids ;)
Good tip above the Ginetta G40 will definitely teach you being smooth and won't bite much. Palmer Jaguar is another quick but easy car to drive. Just don't push it on cold rubber.
Takes a long time to learn this game. Every car drives so differently. Responds to tuning and weather/track temperature differently. Lots to learn and explore.
Have a look at the Safe is Fast sticky and YouTube videos. Lots of good info at this forum too.
Welcome to sim racing.

flybikes
03-02-2016, 17:53
If you want to stay on the track, learn to break.

Simple as that.

racesafegrandad
04-02-2016, 08:24
The only thing I'd touch on the wheel would be the steering senitivity is your high or low

I seem to need to change the steering sensitivity for every car. [and always make a note of it in my set up notes for that car] its dead easy to do and I agree it does help but does not solve the problem.

racesafegrandad
04-02-2016, 08:32
I have just found something that helps me but you purists here will think I'm mad. I re-calibrated my G29 wheel and only turned it 50% instead of 90% and saved and somehow every problem I was having got a lot better.
Astin Martin G3, Monza 1:49:8 with no setup changes first time out on track :)

bromerboi
04-02-2016, 10:22
Was at it last night, seriously getting the hang of it I actually like the clio can't believe I'm saying it. Came third over all in the championship with ai at 75 percent. One thing about the game that is a bit different and hard to to get used to is gear changes the difference between gt6 and pc the car doesn't scream change me like it does in gt6. But I'm getting used to it. As for pc I f@#king love it now . Thanks everyone

bromerboi
04-02-2016, 12:10
If you want to stay on the track, learn to break.

Simple as that.

Great advice bud. I should try braking if youv noting good to say say nothing

hkraft300
04-02-2016, 14:44
Clio? CLIO? Pffft...
Get some BMW M1 Procar or Sauber C9 in ya :p

danowat
04-02-2016, 14:53
Clio? CLIO? Pffft...
Get some BMW M1 Procar or Sauber C9 in ya :p

Bizarrely, I find both of those easier to handle than the Clio!

hkraft300
04-02-2016, 15:00
Bizarrely, I find both of those easier to handle than the Clio!

Me too ;)
The Sauber is a pig on default setup though with a few tweaks its a blast.

highwaystar1958
04-02-2016, 21:08
Thanks for all the replys lads , iv taken a lot from each one of ye. Looking forward to moving on to races without cold tyres but for now I can't let that clio beat me I came third with the ai at 75 percent so I'm defo getting there. It's a mixture of cold tyres and ff drive train and just project cars that had me in a heap. But starting to like it now and as I said every one of ye helped me some bit so thanks cause I'd I got no replys here I say I would of packed it in thanks again lads respect

Hi i had touble with the clio at first....but once the tires warm up and get used to the handling,it's awsome......another car you might like to try is the BMW M1 PROCAR,even on the outlap you can push it to the max,awsome traction on cold tires,it's part of the career races so you,ll have to use it eventually.

hkraft300
04-02-2016, 22:14
So many wonderful cars and experiences in the game...
So little time...