PDA

View Full Version : Still alot of disconnections

Geoffrey van Vugt
03-02-2016, 23:46
This evening i had a championship race with my raceclub. http://dmracing.nl/
The race was at Zolder and we were there with 15 racers. As the race went on
we had 5 disconnections. 5!!!
This is not normal.. This has to be patched or it's goodbye Project Cars and welcome Assetto Corsa.
Oh yeah... The replay's suck to. There are car showing that aren't even there..

Just saying..

Warren1571
04-02-2016, 00:23
This is not normal.. This has to be patched or it's goodbye Project Cars and welcome Assetto Corsa.
Oh yeah... The replay's suck to. There are car showing that are even there..

Just saying..

Did you ever consider it may be something to do with your internet connection and possibly that of the other players as well? Maybe this is not "Project Cars" fault?

Since the game came out and I've played many times online, we've only experienced one or two disconnections due to internet issues, normally everything runs fairly smoothly with no problems.

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 00:31
Did you ever consider it may be something to do with your internet connection and possibly that of the other players as well? Maybe this is not "Project Cars" fault?

whoa whoa whoa there! It's never the fault of someones internet connection, but always the game servers themselves!

:p

Open the required modem ports up, and you won't see connection issues or if you do contact your provider.

Geoffrey van Vugt
04-02-2016, 09:26

Since the game came out and I've played many times online, we've only experienced one or two disconnections due to internet issues, normally everything runs fairly smoothly with no problems.

I have the fastest connection available. And i did not say that i got disconnected. And the ones that did have all the fastest connection. Even some PortForwarded.
So it is a Project Cars issue.

_MB_
04-02-2016, 10:32
Since the last patch we have also seen regular disconnects.Last night we lost 5 also,all at the same time.Myself not included thankfully

Geoffrey van Vugt
04-02-2016, 11:20
Since the last patch we have also seen regular disconnects.Last night we lost 5 also,all at the same time.Myself not included thankfully

So... It is an issue...

ChrisK
04-02-2016, 11:37

Not a single regular league or group of people I know or have heard of on ps4 have had that experience. Smoothly with no problems since the game came out ? I call BS.

_MB_
04-02-2016, 11:58
So... It is an issue...
No idea whats causing the issue just since the last patch we have had more disconnects although PSN hasn't been great itself over the last month or so

Pamellaaa
04-02-2016, 12:13
I have the fastest connection available. And i did not say that i got disconnected. And the ones that did have all the fastest connection. Even some PortForwarded.
So it is a Project Cars issue.

I know you are saying its not you that disconnected but its worth noting that speed (assuming above 2-3MBps) is of minimal importance to online gaming, ping times, jitter amounts and general stability are a lot more important that outright pace. I have raced with people on 100 meg connections with serious lag/disconnect issues while my rock solid 2.5-3.5MBps setup virtually never causes any issues at all.

Liquid7394
04-02-2016, 13:37
I see the usual suspects are here claiming "It's not the games fault".

BigAlex
04-02-2016, 13:56
yesterday when running in our league, everybody was disconnected. And nobody could connect again. Internet is fast and reliable with minimum jitter, good ping, etc. So it is a PSN or project cars issue for sure!

Sixer
04-02-2016, 14:55
-no issues before the update.
-everyone having issues after update.
-we all must have bad Internet.

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 19:41
I see the usual suspects are here claiming "It's not the games fault".
Alright.

Disconnects are a grey-area. You can't hit the game itself without first going to the source. Simply assisting in applying logic, no? Your provider, you can have problems regardless of your providers best package offered - Comcast/Time Warner from experience - has good days and more so often bad days - and you're also tied to first and foremost a online service... in this case PSN which in the last couple months - has been floaty in stability.

To be quite honest, seems to be a theme. I don't have these issues from experience, which folk here exaggerate they have them often. I'm communicating on this forum that I do not. I haven't had a D/C for a couple months now. Last times i've tried mp in pCARS, have been public lobbys which would be the extreme example due to ping between users.

If you're also complaining about d/c's and using your providers cheap rental modem/router combo from Taiwan with a wifi connection.
It's very much you.

ChrisK
04-02-2016, 20:18
Alright.

Disconnects are a grey-area. You can't hit the game itself without first going to the source. Simply assisting in applying logic, no? Your provider, you can have problems regardless of your providers best package offered - Comcast/Time Warner from experience - has good days and more so often bad days - and you're also tied to first and foremost a online service... in this case PSN which in the last couple months - has been floaty in stability.

To be quite honest, seems to be a theme. I don't have these issues from experience, which folk here exaggerate they have them often. I'm communicating on this forum that I do not. I haven't had a D/C for a couple months now. Last times i've tried mp in pCARS, have been public lobbys which would be the extreme example due to ping between users.

If you're also complaining about d/c's and using your providers cheap rental modem/router combo from Taiwan with a wifi connection.
It's very much you.

Just like when you made assertions about the wheel grinding issue, you are yet again speaking out of ignorance. Online lobby stability has been an issue from day 1. It has been well reported and documented. In all fairness, the devs have made tremendous progress on this but it remains an issue, albeit uncommon.

The sheer fact that every patch has led to improvements in online lobbies; The sheer fact that SMS claim to have worked on lobby stability issues should tell you that there is a game issue with lobby stability.

Use some common sense or apply some of your 'logic' ffs..
People get disconnected...it's the Internet connection.
Peoples ffb goes haywire...it's the wheel
People game crashes and saves dissapear...it's the PlayStation

None of this stuff happens in any other game...What is the common factor here chief ?

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 21:07
Just like when you made assertions about the wheel grinding issue, you are yet again speaking out of ignorance.
Yet again, you post aggressively.

Simply applying logic to the case. I wasn't making assertions, it simply hasn't happened to me. But of course, while I was ignorant to the wheel grinding, which you have made me aware as a owner.

None of this stuff happens in any other game...What is the common factor here chief ?
Go try R6:Siege. Because it does happen to me there. Every update is a connection booster that doesn't change server connection. But I speak of ignorance.

I tl;dr'd the rest of your post. You have a history of complaining.

Liquid7394
04-02-2016, 21:35
You have a history of complaining.
And you have a history of defending this game religiously. Let me ask you this, are you or have you suffered from disconnections in Pcars? If the answer is no then go away.

Sixer
04-02-2016, 21:42
I get disconnected because I'm too fast and the Internet can't keep up with my lap times.

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 21:47
And you have a history of defending this game religiously. Let me ask you this, are you or have you suffered from disconnections in Pcars? If the answer is no then go away.
If you read my post, I have but not recently. Let me ask you this, why is it that not everyone has the same issue?

If you cannot answer this, pipe down kiddo.

Liquid7394
04-02-2016, 21:54
Because software doesn't behave the same way for everyone Einstein. I have friends who've had multiple issues upgrading to Windows 10 yet I had none.

Now go away princess.

Sasquatch
04-02-2016, 22:24
Oh, i'm flattered. I hope your issue is solved in the future, cheers.

ChrisK
04-02-2016, 22:53
Yet again, you post aggressively.

Simply applying logic to the case. I wasn't making assertions, it simply hasn't happened to me. But of course, while I was ignorant to the wheel grinding, which you have made me aware as a owner.

Don't be obtuse. Of course you were making assertions. Have the courage to own it at least.

Go try R6:Siege. Because it does happen to me there. Every update is a connection booster that doesn't change server connection. But I speak of ignorance.

If r6 siege has catastrophic controller crashes aswell as full game crashes where game saves are deleted, aswell as random disconnects, aswell as let's say bookshelves landing headshots akin to the land mine/ brick wall bugs etc etc etc then you'd have something closely resembling a point.

if you ask people to apply logic, perhaps do us the courtesy of practicing it yourself.

Geoffrey van Vugt
05-02-2016, 07:42
Oh, i'm flattered. I hope your issue is solved in the future, cheers.

It's very simple.. It is PJC fault and not the wheel or PS4 or connection. It's PJC....
And we even pay to go online racing.. That is the sadness of it all...

NiQo
05-02-2016, 13:45
It doesnt even matter how many people complain about this. Its like they only read what they wanna read.
And even if they do read it, they wont fix it anyway. The amount of dc's are absolutely unacceptable.

Lately ive been playing BO3, RL and some other games. None of these have issues like pcars have.
And when, for example BO3 does have issues after an update, its fixed within a couple of days.

Cant wait for AC to drop in april.

Fight-Test
05-02-2016, 14:17
I'm on ps4 and never have these connection issues, well maybe in may or june we might get one guy a race drop but not since july or august have we had issues. Im Fiber optic and I'm hardlined bUT alot of the guys arent. I have noticed since last patch some starting grid issues though. Seems not all cars are synced sometimes when race starts but I always am resulting in me running into the back of of someone or running away with the race.

I'm not sure if these are cars are lagging out or just delayed but I never saw this before 8.0. However that's only in public rooms as our practices have had no issues.
We are mostly all in North america.

Personally other than some random drops early on, the blue screens every so often early on and the wheel calibration issues early on I'm not seeing any of these issues. Seems to be a big prob on Xbox and steam but not for any of us on ps4 that I run with nor has it been since summer.

I would start with your hardware, then router (nat, etc.) And make sure your hardlined.

Also liquid and chris, try to be a little more adult like I your communication or atleast respectful. Your just make yourselves look bad and like your not really trying to solve a problem but just cause trouble and bitch. I along with tons of guys here are willing to help but with attitudes like that, we'll you know.

biggbaddwolf
05-02-2016, 17:27
Oh yeah... The replay's suck to. There are car showing that aren't even there..

Just saying..
I am already looking forward to GT Sport, and/or GT7, this broken game will make a good trade in. It wouldn't be so bad if the game designers would even offer an apology, or admit it was something they were trying to fix...so skrew it!!

Warren1571
05-02-2016, 22:16
Played 3 x 12 lap races online last night and had zero issues, some really good clean racing. Call it BS or whatever you want but online definitely working fine for me.

Surprised to hear so many people with issues

Sixer
06-02-2016, 06:40
Tonight was brutal for the disconnect. Everyone got the boot multiple times.

Had some good races but a hand full everyone got kicked out.

not sure about you guys but I play 20-30 races in a row so I probably experience this more than others.

Kidney
06-02-2016, 14:47
Since The last patch it has been too frequent.
I think it's probably game related since it's been happening all over.
I doubt that all Internet providers all around The World suddenly has connections issues with this game.
Just hope they can find The source of The problem and fix it.

DisagioAbbestia
06-02-2016, 15:24
Today is UNPLAYABLE

Sankyo
06-02-2016, 15:30
If you read my post, I have but not recently. Let me ask you this, why is it that not everyone has the same issue?

If you cannot answer this, pipe down kiddo.

Because software doesn't behave the same way for everyone Einstein. I have friends who've had multiple issues upgrading to Windows 10 yet I had none.

Now go away princess.
I think we should close down the forums to less-than-16-year-olds.

If you guys are actually much older than that, please stop the silly behaviour? The forum really doesn't improve with personal attacks in every other discussion.

Sixer
06-02-2016, 16:50
Today is UNPLAYABLE

Yep. All morning(Toronto) every race has disconnected. I got into a room for a full minute and saw 10 messages all say "disconnected" for players getting the boot. Not "left the session"

a simple answer would be to go play the AI but when I'm running 1:06 at Bathurst and the AI is running 1:09 at 100 percent difficulty it's not very fun. Only online guys are faster and that's what I want.

Sirchuzo
06-02-2016, 18:05
This is ridiculous!!! Ive been trying to play the whole freaking morning and havent even played one race!!!!
Whats going on????... Completely unplayable.
Bunch of errors..room is full, refresh and the room still there with 3/10..I finally make it into the room, it kicks me out seconds after.. what tha heck??

We need a freaking answer to this crap!

Port-forwarding, reset router, restarted ps4, what else?

Sankyo
06-02-2016, 18:20
If it's different than normally, it may be the Sony servers having issues? The game hasn't changed.

flatspunout
06-02-2016, 18:29
If it's different than normally, it may be the Sony servers having issues? The game hasn't changed.
I've been disco from every lobby I've joined this morning, switched to World Of Tanks and and everything is solid.

Sirchuzo
06-02-2016, 19:15
I've been disco from every lobby I've joined this morning, switched to World Of Tanks and and everything is solid.

Yes, I've played R6S, F1 2015 and everything is great..I have a club race in a few days and this crap as always, notworking.

ports
06-02-2016, 19:30
I spent the afternoon playing bf4 multiplayer for about 4 hours no disconnections, Just tried playing pcars multiplayer but i'm getting disconnected from every lobby so i tried bf4 again worked perfect also drive club so i went back to project cars but still getting disconnected.

Sankyo
06-02-2016, 19:33
I spent the afternoon playing bf4 multiplayer for about 4 hours no disconnections, Just tried playing pcars multiplayer but i'm getting disconnected from every lobby so i tried bf4 again worked perfect also drive club so i went back to project cars but still getting disconnected.
I don't know how MP is done on PS4, I take it it's through Sony servers?

ports
06-02-2016, 19:38
I don't know how MP is done on PS4, I take it it's through Sony servers?

I think so drive club is sony servers and bf4 i was playing on rented servers but i think there on dice dedicated servers , I think cod use a similar setup to pcars p2p so i'll jump on that and see what happens.

ports
06-02-2016, 19:45
IGNORE my posts i have just found out that there's 3 people in my house all watching different films on netflixs , So i switched to a different network jumped on pcars and it's still running so the issues were my end.

Sankyo
06-02-2016, 20:25
I read in another thread that there's a PSN problem as well apparently?

HazMan1988
06-02-2016, 21:32
I'm having shitloads of disconnects right now as well. It's not because your family were watching netflix. This shit is unplayable. Got disconnected over 10 times tonight, not finished many races. Shit!

Sixer
07-02-2016, 05:10
This game went from disconnects all morning to the best races I have ever played all evening.No lag...no cars jumping around...was just beautiful.

Lawd 1/2 mercy.

Redslayer
08-02-2016, 16:01
Yesterday and saturday with 15 different people, we all suffered repeated disconnects, so bad we delayed our saturday race, and most of us didn't even start the sunday race because we were disconnected repeatedly before the start. People from all over the place in America and some in Europe. I seriously doubt all of our connections are bad lol. I then went on to play Rainbow six siege with no disconnects and GTA V for hours and no disconnects.

I don't know what it is with this game, but connection issues galore. On top of my frame loss issue that apparently no one has an answer for, and the fact that they said ovals are not coming now, and once Assetto Corsa comes out, I'll be moving on. Such a shame because the game has a ton of potential. But they obviously bit off more than they could chew. And I think its wrong to be moving on to another game when your first one is still borderline unplayable for a lot of people.

VR-42
09-02-2016, 20:27
Today I spent 1 1/2 hrs getting ready for a league race and right at the end of qually i get disconected
to say I am getting fed up with this game is an understatement.
Come on sms get these simple things sorted, there have been too many disconections since the last patch

GUTTER-BOY
15-02-2016, 01:25
@Red and VR. Same problems here, too. I see a ban coming for all 3 of us for being "difficult". LOL. Some of my other posts have pointed out the hypocrisy of the moderators claiming that "there's nothing wrong with our game", yet saying not to trust the official PSN website because it's reporting that there's nothing wrong with the PSN and it hasn't been going down. Once more PS4 racing game options become available, if things don't change with this game and its issues, I see a mass exodus on the horizon.

BoereJack
15-02-2016, 11:38
well, i have found since the last patch(ps4) i get diswco't a lot......As i only ever had maybe around 10 disconnects since launch(although i have seen many more happen to others) Since last patch i get disco' a least once per hour, and that i s just not me alone.....

luckely yesterday's leagueau race was with only one disco.....

and one more thing, i had serious problem making or joining a lobby yesterday,, it would constant say failed to create.......

But worse is that my t500 is not working correctly since last patch @ random..... iot all works fine and then suddenly it loses half of it's ffb force.....or it just loses all ffb till you either take a turn at speed over 150kph or when you slow down to under 80 and steer at least 90% it is then suddenly back... also this is not me alone.......also happened to other leageau racers with thrustmaster wheel's(2 t300 and one t150). And it can be fixed by taking of the power to the wheel or disconnecting the usb and putting it back in...if that don't work i have to restart my whole ps4

dsp2469
15-02-2016, 15:20
I started playing this game 2 weeks ago and haven't yet successfully raced one single online race.
I started one race and got disconnected in the middle.
Yesterday, 1 hour trying to enter a race, no starts, no loading the start screen, disconnected all the time.
Just freaking impossible.
I play BF4 online and there is no problem.
Fix this SMS!!!

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 16:13
^try again now (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1234403&viewfull=1#post1234403)

Seems to be working better for some people today (Monday).

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 21:12
I can report Mon night February 15 at 20:00 We started our 1St race of the evening no problems, everyone in the room had full green bars then 6 laps in we got DC again arrrrr.

Renoldo1990
15-02-2016, 22:23
http://playstation-experience.com/2016/02/14/playstation-network-schraenkt-sony-die-datenmenge-ein/

Sorry for posting a german URL, but I will give a short translation.

It says that the PSN highly restricts the available pack of data per User atm. Obviously the Sony Servers are overloaded. Especially in the Peak-Hours when many Users are online.

Small downloads of less than 1GB can take more than 1 hour atm. Especially on tuesdays when in generally the new updates and patches for all games are released.

Share Play and Twitch can't be used in the Peak-Hours atm. Even with a 50 mb/s it says your Internet-Connection is too slow.

The PSN diables automatic downloads/updates/patches in standby mode. You have to manually click and start the download. By doing this they prevent the servers from beeing even more overloaded.

To be able too keep the PSN online for all Users the data packs per User per second are restricted. This probably is the reason for the dicsonnects in Project Cars because the provided data packs per user from Sony are too small to keep the online-gaming of Project Cars alive.

Excluded from this trouble are games which use their own dedicated servers like FIFA for example.

Hope it can be fixed speedy. But it sounds like a issue which could last for a longer time.

Boskapongen
15-02-2016, 22:35
http://playstation-experience.com/2016/02/14/playstation-network-schraenkt-sony-die-datenmenge-ein/

It says that the PSN highly restricts the available pack of data per User atm. Obviously the Sony Servers are overloaded. Especially in the Peak-Hours when many Users are online.

Small downloads of less than 1GB can take more than 1 hour atm. Especially on tuesdays when in generally the new updates and patches for all games are released.

Share Play and Twitch can't be used in the Peak-Hours atm. Even with a 50 mb/s it says your Internet-Connection is too slow.

The PSN diables automatic downloads/updates/patches in standby mode. You have to manually click and start the download. By doing this they prevent the servers from beeing even more overloaded.

To be able too keep the PSN online for all Users the data packs per User per second are restricted. This probably is the reason for the dicsonnects in Project Cars because the provided data packs per user from Sony are too small to keep the online-gaming of Project Cars alive.

Excluded from this trouble are games which use their own dedicated servers like FIFA for example.

Hope it can be fixed speedy. But it sounds like a issue which could last for a longer time.

Interesting information. Link below should translate the page to english.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fplaystation-experience.com%2F2016%2F02%2F14%2Fplaystation-network-schraenkt-sony-die-datenmenge-ein%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Renoldo1990
15-02-2016, 22:47
Maybe there could be some of these DDOS-Attacks on the PSN again. This would explain why the servers are so overloaded. Anyway I can't think of any other reason why the Sony Servers should be overloaded right now. For example on Christmal the rush on the PSN should be even higher, and if i remember right, there weren't any issues?

The last Sony-Update was on 13.01. But the PSN issues just started in February if i remember right. So the problems can't be brought up with the last Sony Patch.

Unusual for such a DDOS-Attack is that none of typical hacker groups is claiming for it. (like Lizzard-Squad for example.) Usually the groups like to boast about such things.
But on the other hand it would explain why Sony stays this quiet all the time. Would be a massive image damage again for Sony suffering from such attacks..

Geoffrey van Vugt
16-02-2016, 09:39

So if PJC got their own server it should be solved?

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 12:55
^theoretically, but: a. Very expensive to run servers and b. they have to update the code to use the server (not a small job)

Riccardo De Rosa
16-02-2016, 13:35
I hope that we can benefit from this experience for pcars2.
I'll explain. If this web architecture suffers on psn perhaps it would be better to change it.
instead of paying psn server, we can pay sms server. :)

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 13:41
Maybe Sony would have something to say about that suggestion?

If you want to do business on playstation you will obey Sony rules

Riccardo De Rosa
16-02-2016, 13:49
yes, for sure

A) pcars2 off line = € X
B) pcars2 on line one year = € X+Y renewal for 1 year € = Y
C) pcars2 on line lifetime = € X+Z

for online you pay psn + B or C.

ok sorry for OT :)

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 14:15
I hope that we can benefit from this experience for pcars2.
I'll explain. If this web architecture suffers on psn perhaps it would be better to change it.
instead of paying psn server, we can pay sms server. :)

I've been wanting this from day one. Give me the ability to rent/buy my own servers for this game, PS4 of course. This would be perfect for our community (Vrroom)

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 14:41
yes, for sure

A) pcars2 off line = € X
B) pcars2 on line one year = € X+Y renewal for 1 year € = Y
C) pcars2 on line lifetime = € X+Z

for online you pay psn + B or C.

ok sorry for OT :)

I think it is really less a financial problem and more a political or "security" problem. Will Sony allow their PS4 machines to connect to non-Sony servers? Do other games/companies have this already for PS4 players?

How many times already PSN has been hacked? And if they allow PS4 to connect to non-Sony servers does this increase the hacking risk? (A: "Yes")

ports
16-02-2016, 14:43
I think it is really less a financial problem and more a political or "security" problem. Will Sony allow their PS4 machines to connect to non-Sony servers? Do other games/companies have this already for PS4 players?

How many times already PSN has been hacked? And if they allow PS4 to connect to non-Sony servers does this increase the hacking risk? (A: "Yes")

BF4 use there own dedicated servers but you can buy/rent servers and have full control of the server settings.

Riccardo De Rosa
16-02-2016, 14:49
exact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Ccc1ltLPU&feature=youtu.be

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 15:01
Wow this is perfect.. Can we not have something like this, sure it wouldn't be for everyone but plenty of websites/communities would pay for a service like this. Is this possible and is it likely or no way hosa

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 15:02
Hang on, who owns/operates these "servers"? EA? Dice? Sony?(I think EA yes?)

SMS cannot possibly host a farm of servers like this. They are too small a company I think.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 15:10
Then we need some billionaire simracing enthusiast to make this happen. Forget the rest and invest in the best ;) seriously though this would be PERFECT

ports
16-02-2016, 15:12
Hang on, who owns/operates these "servers"? EA? Dice? Sony?(I think EA yes?)

SMS cannot possibly host a farm of servers like this. They are too small a company I think.

I'd say EA but somethings telling me its Dice i will go and find out .

Edit , Its EA who own the servers here's the price they charge.

1 Day - $1.49
7 Days - $6.99
30 Days - $24.99
90 Days - $59.99

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 15:15
Then we need some billionaire simracing enthusiast to make this happen. Forget the rest and invest in the best ;) seriously though this would be PERFECT

The billionaire Simracing enthusiast already created iRacing! (He owns the Red Sox and one soccer/football team in the UK Premiere League)

If 100% rock solid online simracing is your priority then I can only think of iRacing at this time. They have the machines and support. You'll pay through the nose however and they day you stop paying you lose everything.

(Maybe some of the older sims using private servers/infrastructure can also provide you the stable experience)

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 15:19
Maybe he needs competition! Competition is good.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 15:21
Pcars could be, should be and would be better than iRacing in many ways they would need to change one or two things first mind ;)

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 15:24
Hey, I've been supporting this SMS team since 2010. I want to see them grow, they deliver the product I want (to the best of their ability) and have been very open with the community (more so than any other studio I can think of in the past 5 years). 2016/2017 and beyond will be good for them and us if we stick together. It's been working pretty good since 2011 and this is just their first game as an independent studio (their previous games were tightly funded/controlled by EA).

Pamellaaa
16-02-2016, 15:27
If 100% rock solid online simracing is your priority then I can only think of iRacing at this time.

In the rather short few weeks I was playing the iRacing website failed quite regularly and without that nothing works, at one point it was completely offline for several hours.

In general the racing was good but there was still warping and disconnections, no amount of infrastructure will remove the problems of disparate connections from all over the place causing problems for the user of the connection and potentially others too.

Umer Ahmad
16-02-2016, 15:30
sad to hear.

I think short of getting your buddies into the same room and running a LAN party, there is no 100% solid experience possible.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 15:34
I'm being serious about a billionaire investor working alongside the team to go up against what is essentially a American orientated game (no offence) pcars is global and with GT7 uping their game it makes sense. Project Cars would wipe the floor with Iracing

Pamellaaa
16-02-2016, 15:57
sad to hear.

I think short of getting your buddies into the same room and running a LAN party, there is no 100% solid experience possible.

100% agree, some applications and games are better than other but there is nothing that I have seen in any genre that is completely reliable online.

Liquid7394
16-02-2016, 16:29
I'm being serious about a billionaire investor working alongside the team to go up against what is essentially a American orientated game (no offence) pcars is global and with GT7 uping their game it makes sense. Project Cars would wipe the floor with Iracing
GT Sport isn't GT7. GT7 has yet to be announced.

Liquid7394
16-02-2016, 16:32
How many times already PSN has been hacked?
Once.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 16:36
GT Sport isn't GT7. GT7 has yet to be announced.

I know but they're are in with the FIA and seem to be taking a particular route, hence uping their game

Pamellaaa
16-02-2016, 16:41
I know but they're are in with the FIA and seem to be taking a particular route, hence uping their game

Not neccassarily, PD have a habit of flogging half a game in the guise of a prologue, I can definitely imagine GT Sport being of similar scope to previous prologue games being sold under a new brand.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 16:49
GT Sport will be shi#e plain and simple, ive bought ever one of them and they follow the same trend which is..

GT1 Fantastic
GT2 ok
GT3 Fantastic
GT4 ok
GT5 Fantastic
GT6 lol nevermind

Each prologue's been pants to, but we are due a good one

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 19:19
100% agree, some applications and games are better than other but there is nothing that I have seen in any genre that is completely reliable online.

This is a good point although i do think that a lot of it is down to people's lack of basic self help techniques when it comes to online gaming.

Liquid7394
16-02-2016, 20:23
GT Sport will be shi#e plain and simple, ive bought ever one of them and they follow the same trend which is..

GT1 Fantastic
GT2 ok
GT3 Fantastic
GT4 ok
GT5 Fantastic
GT6 lol nevermind

Each prologue's been pants to, but we are due a good one
You just said they're upping their game because they're involved with the FIA and now you're saying GT Sport will be crap.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 21:01
For GT7 mate. GT7 will be another big jump forward. Gt sport is just for the academy's benefit.

Liquid7394
16-02-2016, 21:14
We have absolutely no idea if the FIA will be involved in GT7. GT7 could be just traditional GT while GT Sport is a spinoff involving the FIA.

Robsharples
16-02-2016, 21:19
We have absolutely no idea if the FIA will be involved in GT7. GT7 could be just traditional GT while GT Sport is a spinoff involving the FIA.

Ok mate I'm not getting into an argument with you, I'm having a great night of DC free racing atm.