PDA

View Full Version : Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Pages : [1] 2

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 03:19
CUSTOM LIVERIES TOOL v0.98

by crowtrobot 041816
Special Thanks to FLX81, Pamellaaa, and Reiche (testing and UI/feedback), and JDougNY for a bulk of the exported vehicle files

(Custom liveries shown by Dmitry Afanasyev, Fernando Pedace and FLX81)

NOTE: Install instructions have changed since last release, please read directions carefully!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tb9opoo26m2psu9/Custom_Liveries_Tool_v0.98_by_crowtrobot.rar

***REQUIREMENTS***

Custom Liveries Tool 0.98 by crowtrobot

DISCLAIMER: This mod alters the unpacked game files. Please back up your Project CARS Profile before using. Mod works online, though it is strongly recommended to avoid VAC servers. Author is not responsible for lost save data or broken profiles or bans.

This mod is intended to allow the user to assign multiple custom liveries to a car, remove existing liveries, and export customized livery sets for distribution.

Installation instructions:

Unzip pCARS_Custom_Liveries to <Steam_Directory>\steamapps\common\pCARS - there should be a pCars_Custom_Liveries shortcut in this directory, and folders: demo_fa_liveries, python, and many vehicle folders inside the Vehicles folder of root pCARS.
Run the Custom Livery tool. Select car, then use load button and point to a folder with liveries.
Folder should contain a set of sub-folders for each custom livery. Liveries should follow current pCARS naming conventions (i.e. at least contain a <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds file)
Note to livery makers - keep livery folders and reference material separate. Jpgs and pdns of livery material may break the load function if in a sub-directory of the folder for the liveries.
Select liveries and add to livery list (can double click, or group selection and use >> button. Double click from Grid list to remove, or group select and <<.)
When livery list is complete, click Assign.
If making livery package for release or league, press Export button and enter a folder name for the package. Folder will be in root pCARS directory.
If using a package, simply copy all files and folders to root pCARS directory.
If using in conjunction with CUSTOM GRID TOOL - make changes via Custom Liveries Tool, then run the Grid Tool.

NOTES:

Tool is targeted for online leagues. The idea is that one person can assign custom liveries for each person in the league, then export a package for everyone in the league to download and activate.
Tool can also be used by livery creators to assemble packages for race series or groups.
Also as stated, ALL USERS IN AN ONLINE GAME MUST HAVE THE SAME PACKAGE INSTALLED AND ACTIVATED for the liveries to show properly online. Users not using the same configuration will not see the correct liveries for each player.
Previously un-customizable cars are now customizable, but no templates are provided.
Tool creates .bak backup files of all altered files. If anything goes wrong, press Reset button and deactivate the mod. Reset and closing the tool should restore backups and remove them.

Change Log:

v0.90: Release version.
v0.91: rcfWrite now uses _hr.rcf by default - removes hr tags for the standard .rcf, localized vehicle liveries to vehicle subdirectory in CustomLiveries. This allows reset to clear the old liveries in a controlled manner. Programatically find vehicle short name from rcf, output in err message if not found. Fix rcf for TS040 (upper/lowercase), Ford Falcon (wrong .rcf from vehiclespersistent), Audi (wrong substitution), BMW 1m SW (missing .crd/.rcf)
v0.92: reset button clears vehicle data as well as liveries, added reset All button to clear all vehicle data using list of vehicles from widget.
v0.93: fixed discrepency between add array and new livery array that was causing liveries to get out of order if added, written, removed, re-added. Fixed editing livery list after additions/writes. Updated files for Patch 9.0
v0.94: Strange split() behavior when parsing for PLAYER/AI swap causing crash for some vehicles fixed (use os.path functions) Leave 99 custom livery in CONDITIONS so lists can be re-written. Continue to remove from NAMES list. Fixed liveries getting out of order on 2nd assign. multiple arrays were getting out of sync.
v0.95: Properly fixed the PLAYER/AI swap - wasn't actually checking for AI, just overwriting no matter what. Remove 99 livery just in case. Replaced dummy files for vehicles with smaller alternatives. Fixed mclaren gt3 windscreen
v0.96: Fixed crash when foreign files present in the livery directory. Fixed materials on the Stockcar90 courtesy of JDougNY.
v0.97: Reset now removes pakfiles for vehicles. Created new materials files for Aston GT4, Audi R8 LMS, BMW GT4, Corvette GT3
v0.98: Modified to utilize mods.txt support. Removed all pakfiles and customLiveryData folder. Removed exterior data file handling functions. Added handling for banner livery files. Fixed .rcfs for MP4-12C GT3 & tweaked .rcf for AMG GT3

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 03:19
First: Apologies for the large size of the mod. Adding to the livery lists requires that the vehicle pakfiles be unpacked. I have moved most of the data outside the MODS directory to a /customLiveryData/ folder, and the app copies the data out of here as needed, in an effort to make it easier for users to activate and deactivate the mod as needed. EDIT: no more large data files as of 0.98!

Second: This program was quite a bit more complicated than the grid tool, so 1) there will likely be some missed bugs. I stress tested the UI as best I could, but I am sure there are combinations of actions I missed. If you follow the order laid out by the instructions, it should be rock-solid. If you do something different and run into a crash, please report the steps and I will try to reproduce and patch. 2) I tested several types of cars, but not all cars, so if you run into a specific bug with a specific car, report it and I will look into it.

I am posting some more detailed instructions to help guide people, since this tool is a little more complicated than the last:

1) Install - Unzip to <Steam>\steamapps\common\pCARS.

2) Run the tool - Double Click the pCARS_Custom_Liveries shortcut to run.

3) Select car.

4) Select Folder containing desired liveries. Folder should contain sub-directories for each livery as shown:

5) Add new liveries and remove desired existing liveries from list. Click Assign to write changes. Click Reset to start over. Click Export and type a name to export a distributable package - these packages will be located in the MODS directory after they have written out.

7) If using an EXPORTED PACKAGE: Copy contents of package into <Steam>\steamapps\common\pCARS\

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 05:03
On the picture you uploaded you dont used the moding unlocker for the grid tool.Do i still need it?

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 05:06
On the picture you uploaded you dont used the moding unlocker for the grid tool.Do i still need it?

Sorry, dont read your post in the custom grid thread

KAMPFBIBER81
04-02-2016, 12:53
Thx crow, very nice tool!

t0daY
04-02-2016, 13:15
Awesome shit!! :) Looks like my mate pamellaaa helped here a lot :) RSR will test it the next couple weeks with maybe 20+ people in a lobby. Again brilliant job!!!

Pamellaaa
04-02-2016, 13:18
Yeah, excellent work Crow and thanks for the chance to test and have some input, as t0daY says we will be test and then assembling our own pack shortly and should be able to provide plenty of feedback!

f3lixOvi
04-02-2016, 17:51
Fantastic work crowtrobot :) Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

One small thing I noticed...the original liveries are low-res after enabling some new liveries.

Am I doing something wrong?

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 17:59
Fantastic work crowtrobot :) Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

One small thing I noticed...the original liveries are low-res after enabling some new liveries.

Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're not doing something wrong.

Apparently I was lazy in the routine that is re-writing the xmls, and didn't think about the different _hr texture. Will be something to correct in the next version, should be easily fixed. This is likely an issue in the grid tool as well.

Reiche
04-02-2016, 18:41
First, the main target, importing multiple custom liveries, works great, fantastic job done! Thank you :)

But ;)
- can you add an example screenshot of one of the livery folders? (had to look a few times at the readme-file and the information in here until I found that the files have to be named like if they were regular "unique" custom liveries; or maybe I was just too stupid or thinking too complicated) This will be even more helpful if my next step is included
- can you add tyre and wheel textures? Just tested it on the AM Vantage GTE, but the new liveries come with plain white wheels and Yirotires (instead of Masculins which all other GTEs use or if possible Michelins maybe?). I added the wheel files from CustomLiveries folder into my package folders, but that didn't change a thing (edit: just noticed the "plain" Yiros are used on some liveries as well, so it was just a coincidence that the plain tires looked wrong to me because the liveries just before the newly added had the Masculins)
- (not a big issue considering the tool is designed for league racing) as expected (RD) you changed the player liveries on the default designs to the low-definition files (from xy-vehicle_livery.bff). Really no big issue as most racers will use "custom" liveries when in leagues, but if: some guys are running GT3 races with customised liveries for the Vantage GT3, the guy who wants to run the standard Bilstein #007 livery will feel like the ugly duckling because he's forced to run a low-res livery (which will only make a difference on his very own machine, but there's a notable difference in quality)
- is there a way to differ between the player livery and the AI livery? imagine a league with let's say 22+ racers, all running their own custom livery (at least 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or even 4096x6144 are more likely I think), this might affect users' perfomance on not-that-high-end-machines (because the default AI liveries are only 1024x1024; quite a difference in memory usage I assume)

Nevertheless, as mentioned first, brilliant job on the tool, it's a great addition to the game! Overall I'd rate it at least 4.5 stars out of 5

Edit: damn it took a long time to finish that post :D one of the issues was posted and answered in the meantime :D

crowtrobot
04-02-2016, 19:01
First, the main target, importing multiple custom liveries, works great, fantastic job done! Thank you :)

But ;)
- can you add an example screenshot of one of the livery folders? (had to look a few times at the readme-file and the information in here until I found that the files have to be named like if they were regular "unique" custom liveries; or maybe I was just too stupid or thinking too complicated) This will be even more helpful if my next step is included
- can you add tyre and wheel textures? Just tested it on the AM Vantage GTE, but the new liveries come with plain white wheels and Yirotires (instead of Masculins which all other GTEs use or if possible Michelins maybe?). I added the wheel files from CustomLiveries folder into my package folders, but that didn't change a thing
- (not a big issue considering the tool is designed for league racing) as expected (RD) you changed the player liveries on the default designs to the low-definition files (from xy-vehicle_livery.bff). Really no big issue as most racers will use "custom" liveries when in leagues, but if: some guys are running GT3 races with customised liveries for the Vantage GT3, the guy who wants to run the standard Bilstein #007 livery will feel like the ugly duckling because he's forced to run a low-res livery (which will only make a difference on his very own machine, but there's a notable difference in quality)
- is there a way to differ between the player livery and the AI livery? imagine a league with let's say 22+ racers, all running their own custom livery (at least 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or even 4096x6144 are more likely I think), this might affect users' perfomance on not-that-high-end-machines (because the default AI liveries are only 1024x1024; quite a difference in memory usage I assume)

Nevertheless, as mentioned first, brilliant job on the tool, it's a great addition to the game! Overall I'd rate it at least 4.5 stars out of 5

Edit: damn it took a long time to finish that post :D one of the issues was posted and answered in the meantime :D
Point by point:

Initial versions had an image preview that just took the flattened livery and displayed it in a preview window. Found that while a "neat" feature, it tended to crash the tool for larger liveries, and wasn't really that useful since you usually know exactly what you're adding most of the time. I wrote the interface in python, which unfortunately doesn't have great support for .dds files. The feedback I got was to either rely on the authors having a small .jpg to showcase the livery (display "No Preview" otherwise), which I feel would probably be an unused feature, or remove the feature entirely. I chose to simplify and remove; probably won't be coming back.
Tire and wheel textures should be included; this was tested with the Ford Capri and some custom liveries. I will look at the AM Vantage GTE specifically. At the last minute, FLX did find some issues with wheels popping up white from time to time, may have to do with the wheel texture substitutions if it can't find an appropriate texture. Will look into this further.
HR/LoRes liveries will be fixed. The custom liveries need to include a <vehicle>_LIVERY_AI.dds for this to work entirely; a bulk of the ones I downloaded did not, so I didn't bother discriminating. But I can add a check for it, and default to the player livery if it doesn't exist.

w.r.t. adding in the wheel files not changing anything: I think there is a bug where the new livery folder won't get copied over if it has the same name as an existing folder (ran into another python limitation, long story short). Go to /MODS/Custom_Liveries_Tool/Vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries and remove the offending AM GTE livery folder, and try loading it again and see if that helps. These folders should really be cleared out by the program, I'll be implementing that next version as well.

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 19:03
I found a bug. I want to add the nice Porsche 919 LMP1 liveries for the Marek LMP1 from cartman to the game, but as soon as I click "assign livery" the tool closes it self.

Shadowoff
04-02-2016, 19:06
Nevermind... Solved the problem. You need to reset your liveries.

Ian Bell
05-02-2016, 06:44
Guys, I don't mind hosting a link to your site where you have donate buttons, but please don't put them on the forum here.

I'm not being an arse or the sake of it. There are some legal ramifications we have no interest in getting involved in.

Otherworld
05-02-2016, 09:29
You, sir, single-handedly saved this game.

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 13:02
Guys, I don't mind hosting a link to your site where you have donate buttons, but please don't put them on the forum here.

I'm not being an arse or the sake of it. There are some legal ramifications we have no interest in getting involved in.
Understood Ian. PM sent.

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 16:34
- can you add an example screenshot of one of the livery folders? (had to look a few times at the readme-file and the information in here until I found that the files have to be named like if they were regular "unique" custom liveries; or maybe I was just too stupid or thinking too complicated) ...

I second this very much. Because I am not as much as clever as Mr Reiche is, because I don't get how to organize this step.

I had several re-reads of the step-by-step instructions as well as the readme and had an intense look at this screenshot:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226750&d=1454561191&thumb=1

But I still have no clue how to do it.

- As far as I understood the custom lieveries should be organized in an extra folder outside the file area of pCARS - right?

- Then I should put the custom liveries by some kind of order / organization there? - Here it starts to become difficult to me.

Let's see: I have downloaded the whole bunch of RUF RGT8 GT3 liveries right from this forum. No I have lots of folders and files, each with liveries data in but I have no idea if I have to re-organize them or rename something and where to put the files at all to get it work in the end with your custom liveries tool.

Some detailed explanation on this matter - with some tips to organize this right for different cars, championships etc. would be really helpful as I didn't find the sample data in the download archive mentioned in the readme.

THX a lot! And keep pushing with this wonderful mods that will bring the league driving to a new step for sure.

PS: is there a possibility to assign a special livery by default to a certain driver e.g. by his Steam GUID or some other checkmark?

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 17:16
Hi No Brakes,

Sorry about the README line about the demo liveries, I had included the demo liveries folder for testers, but removed it, meant to put it back in and forgot.

Inside those #01, #02, #03 folders, should be the livery files themselves. They need to be named <vehicle>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds (hi res for player), <vehicle>_LIVERY_AI.dds (low-res for opponents), <vehicle>_LIVERY_SPEC.dds, etc. This is mentioned in Step 3, but I will upload a screenshot of this to the instructions to make it more clear, pictures are much easier to understand. There is a gotchya here, depending on how the livery maker has packaged the liveries. Sometimes there are sub-folders for options within the livery set; then you'll need to re-organize. My tool is expecting the livery files themselves to be right within that #01 subdirectory.

For example, the #01 livery is for Formula A. So inside that #01 folder is:
FORMULA_A_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds

If the livery needed a specular or fresnel layer, those would be in there as well, same with wheel colors.

My suggestion for compiling a Series would be something like:

WEC_Folder
|
|--Audi_LMP_Folder
|--+++Audi_Livery_01_folder
|--+++Audi_Livery_02_folder
|
|--Aston_GT3_Folder
|--+++Aston_Livery_01_folder
|--+++Aston_Livery_02_folder

and so on. You'd then have to select each car in the series, load the Vehicles' sub folder from within the WEC_Folder, customize the livery list, and assign it.

After that, I would recommend using the Export button to export each car's livery configuration. Configure say the Audi_LMP, then click Export, enter WEC_Audi_LMP, and hit enter. Do this for each car and your MODS folder will have standalone livery packages for each car. You can then create a WEC_Collection folder in the MODS directory, and copy and paste the *contents* of each of the Exported car folders into the WEC_Liveries directory (do not copy the export folder itself). This will give you one large package of WEC liveries so that you can activate/deactivate the liveries for all cars all at once.

Hope that helps.

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 17:32
Thanks a lot. I think this explanation helps me a lot and I could give it a new try :applause:

Otherworld
05-02-2016, 18:37
It works rather well ; but is there any plan to make it work with cars that don't have custom liveries, like the LMP1s? The tool manages to add the liveries to the menu (as in, you can have additional liveries options when in the Garage) but not to the game itself (as in, when you select an added option, I get a full-grey car instead of my livery).

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 18:52
It works rather well ; but is there any plan to make it work with cars that don't have custom liveries, like the LMP1s? The tool manages to add the liveries to the menu (as in, you can have additional liveries options when in the Garage) but not to the game itself (as in, when you select an added option, I get a full-grey car instead of my livery).
It does work, but it's grey because it's not finding the right file. Unfortunately the naming conventions are not entirely consistent, so you need to make sure you have the right file name for the custom liveries. You can check the .rcf file for what the file prefix needs to be. For example, the DTM car is expecting MERC_DTM13_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds instead of the full name for the vehicle like most cars (similar to how the stockcar_90 files need to be named STOCK90). I thought I had put a message in to warn people of this, but I added the support for the additional cars at the last minute, and this debug message might not have made the build.

Added to the list to check on this debug message.

I have the Hires/Lowres livery issue sorted out already, as well as dealing with different vehicle liveries with the same folder name. I'll probably wait through the weekend to see what other issues crop up, then release a hotfix next week so that people don't have to re-download all 1.5GB again.

EDIT - Here are the names for the newly paintable cars (case-insensitive):
AUDI_90
AUDI_R8_LMP900
audi_r18
audi_r18_etron
bentley_speed8
mclaren_f1_gtr
MCL_MP4_GT3
merc_dtm13
toyota_ts040

So any liveries created should have at least the file (for example) AUDI_R8_LMP900_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds included.

Otherworld
05-02-2016, 19:45
I did name my files toyota_ts040_livery_player.dds and audi_r18_livery_player.dds though... Strange

Shadowoff
05-02-2016, 20:17
Hey Crow,
are your tools working with the Audi R8 LMS Mod?

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 21:06
Hey Crow,
are.your tools working with the Audi R8 LMS Mod?
By default, Custom Grid yes, Livery no. The large amount of car data required for the Livery Tool to work hamstrung the working directory choices I made for it. It can be made to work with the livery tool by copying some R8 vehicle data into the customLiveryData folder, and some into the Custom_Liveries_Tool folder, but I haven't downloaded the R8 yet to know exactly how the folder is packed to give more specific instruction.

crowtrobot
05-02-2016, 21:30
I did name my files toyota_ts040_livery_player.dds and audi_r18_livery_player.dds though... Strange
You are correct - the TS040 does not work. I tested with the Audi r18 etron and the Merc DTM, both of which work. There is a function that is apparently case-sensitive that isn't picking up a necessary value in the livery file. Added to list.

NWRAP
06-02-2016, 07:41
If I edit the files within my exported package folders does it alter the livery in game or does it need to be exported again?

crowtrobot
06-02-2016, 13:20
If I edit the files within my exported package folders does it alter the livery in game or does it need to be exported again?
Edit the files as in Edit the actual livery? As long as it is in the same directory, with the same name, then all you should need to do is activate/deactivate the exported pack.

If you mean Edit as in change which liveries are included, then I'd recommend re-exporting.

NWRAP
06-02-2016, 19:17
Edit the files as in Edit the actual livery? As long as it is in the same directory, with the same name, then all you should need to do is activate/deactivate the exported pack.

If you mean Edit as in change which liveries are included, then I'd recommend re-exporting.

Edit as in edit the livery file itself..

My plan was to get all my team folders done with a generic livery and then overwrite the generic livery as I work through and complete them..

Shadowoff
06-02-2016, 20:07
Hey,
I have the problem (with both of your tools), that they dont deinstall when you disable them with JSGME. Wanted to join a online race and my game crashed with an error warning, that files are missing for car_xyx. I took your mods out of the MODS folder and the problem is still there. Now Im validating my pCars files and hope that this works...

crowtrobot
06-02-2016, 20:18
Hey,
I have the problem (with both of your tools), that they dont deinstall when you disable them with JSGME. Wanted to join a online race and my game crashed with an error warning, that files are missing for car_xyx. I took your mods out of the MODS folder and the problem is still there. Now Im validating my pCars files and hope that this works...
Some of the meta data may be left behind by the custom grid tool, but I can assure you it's not a problem without the pakfiles that get de-installed by JSGME. Simply removing from MODS folder will not uninstall or de-activate anything, btw. Nothing in the MODS folder is referenced by the game until it is activated via JSGME. It sounds like something got manually deleted by hand. If all mods are properly deactivated via JSGME, you'll be back to default.

Edit as in edit the livery file itself..

My plan was to get all my team folders done with a generic livery and then overwrite the generic livery as I work through and complete them..
Then that should work just fine. The mod just tells the game to look for particular liveries in particular spots.

Shadowoff
06-02-2016, 21:15
Some of the meta data may be left behind by the custom grid tool, but I can assure you it's not a problem without the pakfiles that get de-installed by JSGME. Simply removing from MODS folder will not uninstall or de-activate anything, btw. Nothing in the MODS folder is referenced by the game until it is activated via JSGME. It sounds like something got manually deleted by hand. If all mods are properly deactivated via JSGME, you'll be back to default.

No, didnt worked... I checked my Steam Cache and now everything is working fine again

crowtrobot
06-02-2016, 21:47
No, didnt worked... I checked my Steam Cache and now everything is working fine again
Glad you were able to get running again.

All I can say is that JSGME makes backups of every file that would be overwritten when a mod is activated, so unless something got manually moved or deleted, you should be back to default by deactivating everything. The only files that get moved outside of JSGME are the .bak backup files that the customGridApp makes, which would not cause this problem.

jarvis
07-02-2016, 15:16
There seems to be a bug/error when you assign additional liveries to the bmw cars. As soon as I try to select the car (z4 gt3) from the garage list and going with the selection over the stanceworks cars, the game starts to crash and shows an "Unhandled Exception Error Message". On other cars it worked just fine:confused:

crowtrobot
07-02-2016, 16:16
There seems to be a bug/error when you assign additional liveries to the bmw cars. As soon as I try to select the car (z4 gt3) from the garage list and going with the selection over the stanceworks cars, the game starts to crash and shows an "Unhandled Exception Error Message". On other cars it worked just fine:confused:
Found the problem - somehow left out some unpacked data for the 1M SW. As you scroll over it, the game can't find the data it needs and crashes. Will be in new release on Mon/Tues. Thank you for the report jarvis.

In the meantime, if you have the Custom Grid tool, or the Autoprophet Unlocker, activate those first in JSGME, then activate the Custom Livery Tool, that should solve the problem (though you won't be able to use the livery tool to assign to the 1M SW).

jarvis
07-02-2016, 16:45
Found the problem - somehow left out some unpacked data for the 1M SW. As you scroll over it, the game can't find the data it needs and crashes. Will be in new release on Mon/Tues. Thank you for the report jarvis.

In the meantime, if you have the Custom Grid tool, or the Autoprophet Unlocker, activate those first in JSGME, then activate the Custom Livery Tool, that should solve the problem (though you won't be able to use the livery tool to assign to the 1M SW).

Looks like the BMW_2002_SW has the same problem :). If you select the car directly with the mouse the game crashes.

crowtrobot
07-02-2016, 17:11
Looks like the BMW_2002_SW has the same problem :). If you select the car directly with the mouse the game crashes.
Are you seeing this with either the Autoprophet Unlocker or Custom Grid mod activated? I am not seeing any problem selecting the 2002 SW now that the 1M SW has had its files corrected. I think the UI cycles through the 1M SW as you move down the list, regardless of whether you select it or not, so it doesn't find the files it needs and crashes.

jarvis
07-02-2016, 18:00
No, so far I only tried it with the custom livery tool activated. Anyway, good to hear that it's fixed. This tool is great!

dodge33cymru
09-02-2016, 19:35
Not had a chance to try this out yet, but thanks so much for it, you are making the game useable for those of us who find this crucial for immersion with these mods of yours.

crowtrobot
10-02-2016, 12:41
Update:

New version is out to testers - there will be a hotfix for old versions so you don't have to download all 1.5gb again, and a new complete package for people downloading new. Hoping to get it out today or tomorrow if all goes well.

Fixes include:

Low res player cars/high res AI cars. High res livery configs are written out separately, preserving the high res liveries for player cars. If a custom livery supports the lower res AI livery, it will be included to save performance.
Vehicle liveries and data were being collected as vehicles were customized. This increased the size of the /MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool directory and increased activation time in JSGME. They now get deleted when the vehicle is reset in the UI.
Reset All button added to reset all car data.
Program now parses out the expected custom livery name rather than assuming it and prompts the user with the appropriate name if the files are not found.
Audi R18, Ford Falcon, and Toyota TS040 livery files were buggered. These are fixed.
Meta data for the 1M SW was missing, which caused a crash if the user scrolled through the list of BMW's in the vehicle selection.

Reiche
10-02-2016, 22:52
Looking forward to the new version, changelog sounds nice! :)

Did anyone report issues with the modern Mercedes C Coupe DTM? I'm not able to figure it out to add new liveries...

aestrems
11-02-2016, 08:05
Thank you for this amazing Tool!

Congratulation!

Looking forward to the new version

crowtrobot
11-02-2016, 18:03
Hate to do this, but I think I am going to end up delaying the release of the new version until after the next patch. If SMS sticks to their typical patch release cycle, there will be an update next week and both this and Custom Grid Tool will have to be updated again, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put out a new release and have everyone downloading a bunch of different versions. It'll also give the testers a little more time to experiment.

Sorry for the delay.

Reiche
11-02-2016, 23:20
Just take your time, you made the impossible (at least impossible without digging in the game files = (too) complicated for a lot of users; at least most of us didn't expect a tool like yours to happen at all) happen, updates just need their time, even for people or companies who do it as their full-time job, so don't worry about the little delay. As the update is expected, everyone will understand the reason for delay.

Edit: Looks like the delay was ninja'd by SMS as there appeared a new update today :D V9.0.0.0.1174 for me

Otherworld
12-02-2016, 10:30
Take your time mate, you're managing the two most useful mods around here currently^^

OBigO
12-02-2016, 17:05
Is the link broken?

Oh just seen big red text lol

Reiche
13-02-2016, 00:14
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-11#post-2183523

Looks like a new unlocker is already there, check RickyBobby's post

crowtrobot
13-02-2016, 03:47
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-11#post-2183523

Looks like a new unlocker is already there, check RickyBobby's post
FYI: I can't guarantee compatibility between this mod and JDougNY's new unlocker. That's not to say JDougNY's packages are no good, they are certainly top notch quality, but the Custom Livery Tool uses vehicle data that is not included in that unlocker and a bespoke means of transferring that data as required (instead of activating the whole library of vehicle data every time you customize the liveries for one car) and I don't know if the older files from my mod will work with the new unlocker. Custom Grid Tool has been updated, I'll have this updated hopefully by Monday.

It may very well work - I think the vehicle's data was just updated to include some new liveries, but just saying that I can't guarantee anything.

Shadowoff
13-02-2016, 09:59
The custom livery tool isnt working when you activate it via JSGME... BUT when you export a livery pack and activate the pack via JSGME its STILL WORKING

crowtrobot
16-02-2016, 18:15
To update folks who are interested - new tool should be out in the next few days. The extra time has been used to bring out a few oddball bugs that are getting sorted out in addition to the larger fixes previously mentioned. Won't be long, apologies for the delay.

aestrems
17-02-2016, 06:44
To update folks who are interested - new tool should be out in the next few days. The extra time has been used to bring out a few oddball bugs that are getting sorted out in addition to the larger fixes previously mentioned. Won't be long, apologies for the delay.

Don't worry! Take your time :D

satco1066
17-02-2016, 08:34
Great work. Our group is currently directly modding the bff files for internal use. But this was much work in the last months, fitting our skins.
Many things have to be tuned by hand. And updates are a horror in reassigning and repacking that.
When time of monthly patches is over, we will change definitively to your mod. :rolleyes:

crowtrobot
17-02-2016, 15:40
Custom Liveries Tool has been updated to 0.94! Link to new, full version in first post.

Key changes:
- HR liveries are now preserved for the player car.
- AI liveries are added if included for the custom livery, should save on texture memory/performance.
- Patch 9.0 files included.
- Reset behavior tidies up the Custom_Livery_Tool directory a little better.
- Reset All button added.

I strongly recommend deleting the old version and any packages created with it and downloading the full new version. However, if you have data caps I've uploaded a patch file here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/2soeo4y8xzggbs8/Custom_Liveries_Tool_0.9b-0.94_by_crowtrobot.zip). If using the patch, I'd run Reset All right away (may crash the tool. Should be good on second start) to clear out any lingering old data.

McKiernan
17-02-2016, 16:46
Thanks Crowtrobot. I been waiting for this, much appreciated

Shadowoff
17-02-2016, 16:50
Custom Liveries Tool has been updated to 0.94! Link to new, full version in first post.

Key changes:
- HR liveries are now preserved for the player car.
- AI liveries are added if included for the custom livery, should save on texture memory/performance.
- Patch 9.0 files included.
- Reset behavior tidies up the Custom_Livery_Tool directory a little better.
- Reset All button added.

I strongly recommend deleting the old version and any packages created with it and downloading the full new version. However, if you have data caps I've uploaded a patch file here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/2soeo4y8xzggbs8/Custom_Liveries_Tool_0.9b-0.94_by_crowtrobot.zip). If using the patch, I'd run Reset All right away (may crash the tool. Should be good on second start) to clear out any lingering old data.

Thanks for the update, sadly my LAN is currently broken so I cant download it :,(
But I bet its awesome ;D

McKiernan
17-02-2016, 18:08
Something strange here, when I download the zipped file it only contains the customLiveryData folder. There is no MODS folder, JGSME, Customliverytool shortcut etc. I tried redownloading twice but got the same result. I'm guessing I downloaded the patch for the previous versions rather than the new version, but I only found one link in the OP.

crowtrobot
17-02-2016, 18:37
Something strange here, when I download the zipped file it only contains the customLiveryData folder. There is no MODS folder, JGSME, Customliverytool shortcut etc. I tried redownloading twice but got the same result. I'm guessing I downloaded the patch for the previous versions rather than the new version, but I only found one link in the OP.
Hmmm. I downloaded fresh from mediafire and tested before posting the link - the zip was complete and the link takes you to the proper version. Was the download ~1.6GB?

McKiernan
17-02-2016, 19:01
Hmmm. I downloaded fresh from mediafire and tested before posting the link - the zip was complete and the link takes you to the proper version. Was the download ~1.6GB?

Perhaps something went wrong with the download. Yes it was 1.6GB, I'll try redownloading & post back results.

crowtrobot
17-02-2016, 19:05
Perhaps something went wrong with the download. Yes it was 1.6GB, I'll try redownloading & post back results.
If it's still corrupted, I'll re-up on google or dropbox. So far I haven't been particularly impressed with mediafire.

McKiernan
17-02-2016, 20:38
Ok was hoping that 3rd time would be the charm but sadly not. I just got the same result as the first two times, the zip file only contains (some of) the customLiveryData folder & nothing else. Something to note, I noticed that this download (& my earlier attempts tonight) took much less time than when I first downloaded your Custom Livery Tool back in patch 8. When the file was downloading from Mediafire, the file size was indeed 1.6GB, however when it finished the file size in my downloads folder is only 667MB so it seems that the download finishes before it's fully downloaded. I wonder if anyone else has tried it & having the same issues?
Anyway thank you for your efforts & I appreciate your help, this tool and your Custom Grid Tool are fantastic.

Here is a pic of the error message I get when trying to extract the files.

satco1066
17-02-2016, 20:56
dropbox would be great

Reiche
17-02-2016, 23:48
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the McLaren 12C GT3?

Default liveries work, with my added liveries I get this.. Maybe some material missing? (Still with 0.93 of the custom liveries tool)

NWRAP
18-02-2016, 00:11
I also had a fail when downloading :(

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 02:50
Uploaded to dropbox, link in first post has been updated. Let me know if there's further problems.

jarvis
18-02-2016, 09:16
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the McLaren 12C GT3?

Default liveries work, with my added liveries I get this.. Maybe some material missing? (Still with 0.93 of the custom liveries tool)

I had the same problem with the MP4-12C GT3. I addition to the unpacked boot files and the new skin files, you need JDougNY's bootfiles.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tb5tqgb4bdh34ph/pCars_New_Skins_V1.0.rar

Reiche
18-02-2016, 10:02
I had the same problem with the MP4-12C GT3. I addition to the unpacked boot files and the new skin files, you need JDougNY's bootfiles.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tb5tqgb4bdh34ph/pCars_New_Skins_V1.0.rar

Tried it, didn't get it to work. Thank you anyway.

As the tool is intended to work as standalone, I think mixing up with different mod packages isn't the way it should be.

Anyway, it's no gamebreaker, I'll just enjoy the new liveries on my opponent cars and will stick to the Art #12 I think. No need to hurry for an update, Crow, especially when there seems to be a workaround for which I am too stupid =D I can totally wait until the Patch 10 update =)

OBigO
18-02-2016, 15:09
Hi guys! I followed the steps correctly and added 6 liveries for the ford falcon, when I go in game I can see they have been added however they are all just blank liveries. I named them FORD_FALCON_FG_SV8_LIVERY_PLAYER and they are .dds files. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 15:23
Hi guys! I followed the steps correctly and added 6 liveries for the ford falcon, when I go in game I can see they have been added however they are all just blank liveries. I named them FORD_FALCON_FG_SV8_LIVERY_PLAYER and they are .dds files. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
They need to be FORD_FALCON_FG_LIVERY_PLAYER

No SV8.

OBigO
18-02-2016, 15:26
Ok thanks will give that a go...Where do I find what I should name the files? Thanks!

Edit: They are still greyed out. Also do I need to run the tool/run the JSGME every time or just once? Thanks

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 15:35
Ok thanks will give that a go...Where do I find what I should name the files? Thanks!
The GUI was spitting out a message if it didn't find the right file inside the livery directory you loaded for the car that is selected, but apparently that's getting overwritten now by the loading message :\ Something to update when Patch 10 comes around.

For the cars that have Custom Liveries enabled by default - just use the naming convention for the templates. For the cars with added functionality, I posted a list of names further back in this thread in response to someone asking about the Merc DTM.

Shadowoff
18-02-2016, 15:58
Is dropbox broken? Its just downloading with 20 mb/s >:( I dont think its me, īcuz everything else is working online :/

OBigO
18-02-2016, 16:00
Ok I didn't realise I had to disable the mod and the enable it again. It's all working now! Thanks!

jarvis
18-02-2016, 17:39
Tried it, didn't get it to work. Thank you anyway.

As the tool is intended to work as standalone, I think mixing up with different mod packages isn't the way it should be.

Anyway, it's no gamebreaker, I'll just enjoy the new liveries on my opponent cars and will stick to the Art #12 I think. No need to hurry for an update, Crow, especially when there seems to be a workaround for which I am too stupid =D I can totally wait until the Patch 10 update =)

Take a look at the instructions. JDougNY's bootfiles in that package are only for the mp4-12c liveries.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/old-new-liveries-for-12c-gt3.8734/

OBigO
18-02-2016, 20:12
Hey crowtobot! I am having some problems using the custom liveries with the custom grid tool. I followed the instructions and ran the grid tool and selected a grid with 7 custom liveries. In game I selected 6 opponents and when I go to select my livery I see all the custom liveries there available for selection. I selected mine (#1) but when I go to the game only my livery shows, all the ai cars have the grey blank livery. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I was a bit confused by the instructions as to which order I should be activating things etc. Cheers!

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 20:33
@OBigO

I would recommend that you use the Export function of the Custom Livery Tool with the Grid tool. So, if using this function:

Load Custom Livery Tool using shortcut
Create your custom livery set
Click Export button, enter name, ex: Falcon_Custom_Liveries (this should create a livery pack in your MODS directory called Falcon_Custom_Liveries)
Close Livery Tool
Load JSGME
Activate Custom Grid Tool
Activate Falcon_Custom_Liveries (and any other exported packages you may have)
Start Custom Grid Tool with the shortcut
Select Grid. Click Assign. Leave tool running.

That's how it *should* work anyway. I must confess it's been a while since I tested the two mods together, but none of the changes I've made should have affected the functionality.

OBigO
18-02-2016, 20:43
Hi I followed the steps exactly as you described but still the same thing :(

I don't have to delete any of the existing liveries or anything right?

jarvis
18-02-2016, 20:59
Some thing I noticed today with the latest version.

When selection a single/solo race with identical cars, some opponents have a plain white livery. On some cars you can barley see the livery (see bentley pic) looksl ike its underneath.

When adding liveries to the Audi R8 LMS, one of the new liveries is showing the plain wireframe custom livery. This is also totaly random when you add them again because it's not always the same livery.

All added liveries to the Audi R18 show up plain white/grey. This also affects the R8 LMS with default liveries which is not showing up in the selection (only the name is shown and no preview).

I also noticed that the BAC Mono and BMW 2002 SW is not selectable in the tool.

Reiche
18-02-2016, 21:05
@jarvis:
White AIs: make sure you have Livery_Player.dds and Livery_AI.dds in your resource folders. Just copy the player and rename it.
Easiest is to reset the car and assign it new, but you can also paste the files into the Textures folders in MODS (for future activation) and pCars/Vehicles/... (for recent activation)

But assigning new should be bulletproof

Audi R8: how many liveries did you add? You can check the rcf's if the bespoke livery is condition 99.. If so, change this value (the same happened to me with the Z4s; changed it from 99 to 103 which was the next higher, free value)

BAC and 2002 SW: excluded to keep the file size down, altogether with some road cars.

Don't know about the R18 issue right now; version 0.94? Full install or just patched? Any unlockers? Maybe this information will help;; is there an Ä Ö Ü anywhere in the names or directories? I think I had no name but livery shown with Dörr Motorsport

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 21:26
No, it's an issue with the Grid Tool, just found it. Sloppy edit on my part; the number of liveries gets updated in one config file, but not both. Will re-up a new version tonight.

OBigO
18-02-2016, 21:27
Sorry Reiche could you give me a step by step guide...I am a bit lost! Where are these resource folders? Copy what player and name it what! Sorry for the stupid questions!

OBigO
18-02-2016, 21:28
Cool, nice one crow!

crowtrobot
18-02-2016, 21:40
No, it's an issue with the Grid Tool, just found it. Sloppy edit on my part; the number of liveries gets updated in one config file, but not both. Will re-up a new version tonight.
Bah, actually its not. It's due to a recent change in the Liveries tool that leaves the custom livery config in there. I'll have to revise that. Seemed strange to me that it was the Grid Tool - haven't heard any problems in that thread for some time.

jarvis
18-02-2016, 23:33
@jarvis:
White AIs: make sure you have Livery_Player.dds and Livery_AI.dds in your resource folders. Just copy the player and rename it.
Easiest is to reset the car and assign it new, but you can also paste the files into the Textures folders in MODS (for future activation) and pCars/Vehicles/... (for recent activation)

But assigning new should be bulletproof

Makes sense with the missing ai-liveryies, totaly forgot about them.

Audi R8: how many liveries did you add? You can check the rcf's if the bespoke livery is condition 99.. If so, change this value (the same happened to me with the Z4s; changed it from 99 to 103 which was the next higher, free value)

The missing livery from the R8 LMS had condition 133. I'm using the latest version (full not patched) of the livery tool.

Don't know about the R18 issue right now; version 0.94? Full install or just patched? Any unlockers? Maybe this information will help;; is there an Ä Ö Ü anywhere in the names or directories? I think I had no name but livery shown with Dörr Motorsport

Full install. No Ä, Ö, Ü letters in names or directories. You'll see it when you try to add on single livery.
The problem with the R8 LMS not showing up in the car selection after adding a livery to the R18 was solved after deleting and reinstalling the "Custom_Livery_Tool" files from the MOD folder.They might have been corrupt after several tries.

UPDATE regarding the R18

The liveries I tried to add were all named ASANO_Livery insted of R18_Livery :rolleyes:
Renaming all files solved the issue.

satco1066
19-02-2016, 10:13
Same here(0.94).
Tried it with 3 LMP P30 and 1 AM DBR 1-2 livery with 2 PC in MP in different combos. Just white Cars on the opponent.
First installaion of a mod tool, no custom grid.

McKiernan
19-02-2016, 12:00
I finally got a bit of time to download this last night & give it a little test. First of all thanks a million Crow, it is fantastic. Switching to Dropbox worked a treat for me, it fully downloaded first time & in a fraction of the time it was taking on Mediafire. First time using it I was a little confused about where to store my folder of custom liveries. At first I was thinking I had to store them in the customLiveriesData folder in the Pcars directory, then I thought I needed to store them in the MODS folder. Eventually I copped on that I could keep my folder containing all my cars custom liveries in my documents folder & load the liveries using the tool from there. I'm a dumbass lol. Once I re-read the thread I was able to export liveries for different GT3 cars then make a master "GT3 Series folder" and add the contents of those exported files to that master folder. I activated the tool & the GT3 Series files with JGSME & it all worked like a treat first time. I'm new to PC gaming and a total noob when it comes to using mods (this & custom grid tool are the first mods I've ever used) so was pretty amazed at what can be done, these mods have breathed new life back into a game that I already loved.

Otherworld
19-02-2016, 12:19
Is there a patch from the last version instead of having to re-download the whole thing? My shitty Internet doesn't like big files like that

crowtrobot
19-02-2016, 12:20
@All

Found the bug creating the white liveries in the routine that checks for the <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_AI.dds - this is now fixed. The testing here showed that there was indeed a bug in the Grid Tool as well that would show up if liveries are added in a particular order - that has now been fixed too. In the meantime, as Reiche has pointed out, copying the <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds and renaming it to LIVERY_AI.dds will patch up the white cars at the expense of a little performance.

I'll get the new version to testers sometime this weekend, hopefully be out early next week. JDougNY has also found a new trick that will cut down on the overall package size of the mod, likely by 300-400 MB, which I will test out as well.

NWRAP
20-02-2016, 04:42
Love it..Thank you :)

Shadowoff
20-02-2016, 05:38
@All

Found the bug creating the white liveries in the routine that checks for the <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_AI.dds - this is now fixed. The testing here showed that there was indeed a bug in the Grid Tool as well that would show up if liveries are added in a particular order - that has now been fixed too. In the meantime, as Reiche has pointed out, copying the <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds and renaming it to LIVERY_AI.dds will patch up the white cars at the expense of a little performance.

I'll get the new version to testers sometime this weekend, hopefully be out early next week. JDougNY has also found a new trick that will cut down on the overall package size of the mod, likely by 300-400 MB, which I will test out as well.

Im a little stupid: Where are these liveries where I need to change the name?

jarvis
20-02-2016, 10:16
@All

Found the bug creating the white liveries in the routine that checks for the <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_AI.dds - this is now fixed.

With the new version you mentioned, is it still necessary to ad the Livery-AI files?

McKiernan
20-02-2016, 11:44
Im a little stupid: Where are these liveries where I need to change the name?

The liveries should be in the same folder that you have them in now. So the folder will contain <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds and a copy of that livery in the same folder called <VEHICLE>_LIVERY_AI.dds

satco1066
20-02-2016, 12:42
in cowtrobots V0.94 "demo_fa_liveries" are no AI files. Is that the causing problem?

OBigO
20-02-2016, 18:00
Hey crow, is there any reason why we can't add liveries for the karts? I can't see it in the list...

Thanks!

NWRAP
20-02-2016, 21:35
2 things I have noticed not sure if its by design or a bug though..

When running a livery MOD I seem to have the liveries placed into 2 locations as the images show the second being what I called the livery pack

The other thing is where has the custom livery folder gone as I cant find it anymore under :\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries when the Custom livery tool is being used

Also I have noticed that I cannot simply overwrite a saved livery file and have the changes apper in game without making a new pack each time

And 1 more thing can you edit the drivers names?

crowtrobot
21-02-2016, 13:16
Hmm, board seems to have ate my replies last night:

Hey crow, is there any reason why we can't add liveries for the karts? I can't see it in the list...

Thanks!
No practical reason, just logistics. I didn't include the karts or the road cars to keep the file size down, and probably won't until the game stops being updated. Once the game has reached its official End of Life, JDougNY has mentioned he will likely be releasing a "Complete Unlocker", and I can re-factor the app to use that, rather than drawing from the 'customLiveryData' folder that comes with the Custom Livery Tool download. It will be much easier.

2 things I have noticed not sure if its by design or a bug though..

When running a livery MOD I seem to have the liveries placed into 2 locations as the images show the second being what I called the livery pack

The other thing is where has the custom livery folder gone as I cant find it anymore under :\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries when the Custom livery tool is being used

Also I have noticed that I cannot simply overwrite a saved livery file and have the changes apper in game without making a new pack each time

And 1 more thing can you edit the drivers names?
By design, you'll have liveries in two, potentially three places:

1) The original folder where you store liveries. This is the folder you point the program to to load them, and can be any location.
2) Within the app in /MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool/vehicles/textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle>/<livery>. This is so the app itself can be activated and the liveries can be used in game.
3) If the Export function is used, you'll have the liveries again in /MODS/<exportfolder>/vehicles/textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle>/<livery>

w.r.t. AI - There is a master list of AI names, nationalities, and driver personalities that is pulled from by the game, but I haven't yet determined the mechanism for how it does that; I think it is random from session to session. I believe that career mode seasons are considered by the game as one series of sessions after the next, so that's how the drivers are kept constant, but you'll notice if you restart a career several times, the driver list will be different each time. Still to come.

satco1066
21-02-2016, 15:57
As long, you're not able to add bananas too, it's not really necessary. ;)

OBigO
21-02-2016, 16:33
Haha, we are planning on doing a fun kart league...there is actually a fair amount you can do with the kart. Oh well. :(

crowtrobot
23-02-2016, 04:46
New version should be coming tomorrow - want to test some last minute edits tonight.

In other news, a little preview of the next mod - adding DLC Contracts for Endurance Racing:

Benjamin Benichou
23-02-2016, 08:05
A genius !

KkDrummer
23-02-2016, 15:38
New version should be coming tomorrow - want to test some last minute edits tonight.

In other news, a little preview of the next mod - adding DLC Contracts for Endurance Racing:

This is awesome!! I can see custom championship coming from you at some point! Or at least some career mod that allows track/car/weather customization. The sky is the limit man...well done!

Shadowoff
25-02-2016, 13:29
Is it normal that it needs 10 to get activated/to overwrite the grid tool files?

crowtrobot
25-02-2016, 13:33
Is it normal that it needs 10 to get activated/to overwrite the grid tool files?
No, there is a bug in the Grid Tool that I found when people noted the white AI liveries here. It doesn't really have anything to do with the number of activated cars/liveries, though it is possible to mask the problem by writing a certain number of cars depending on how many default liveries the car has.

Provided the testers don't find anything wrong, updates to both tools should be available tonight.

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 01:09
New version 0.95b out! First post updated.

Fixes white liveries showing up when no LIVERY_AI.dds is present. Fixes Mclaren GT3 windscreen being dark with custom liveries. Significant reduction in package file size thanks to JDougNY.

No patch this time - please delete the previous version before installing; remove the following:

<pCARS>/customLiveryData
<pCARS>/pCARS_Custom_Liveries.lnk
<pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool

NWRAP
26-02-2016, 08:55
New version 0.95b out! First post updated.

Fixes white liveries showing up when no LIVERY_AI.dds is present. Fixes Mclaren GT3 windscreen being dark with custom liveries. Significant reduction in package file size thanks to JDougNY.

No patch this time - please delete the previous version before installing; remove the following:

<pCARS>/customLiveryData
<pCARS>/pCARS_Custom_Liveries.lnk
<pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool

Thanks for the fix..It's even smaller again if you use 7zip

Reiche
26-02-2016, 12:52
Crashing when I want to confirm to open my folder (see screenshot, crashing after I click button) for the Z4 GT3. Anyone else having this issue?

JDoug's Unlocker 9, Audi R8 LMS 2015, AI Lights (poor weather), Better sounds, Effects-mod by maxx2504 activated.

edit: Obviously some faulty files were causing this, feeling stupid now :D

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 13:01
Reiche,

Check to make sure you don't have any non-livery files amongst all those folders (reference material, .pdns, .jpgs, etc.), that can crash the tool. Also, can't say I've tested loading so many liveries, were you able to successfully load that many with previous versions?

Reiche
26-02-2016, 13:13
Reiche,

Check to make sure you don't have any non-livery files amongst all those folders (reference material, .pdns, .jpgs, etc.), that can crash the tool. Also, can't say I've tested loading so many liveries, were you able to successfully load that many with previous versions?

Checked that. Thought you were right after I found one .rar and one additional .dds, but it kept crashing.
Splitted the folder into two (both containing 25 now), but the tool keeps crashing, no matter which one I select. Pretty sure it worked before, had them already assigned once.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think before it crashed first, I was able to select the directory and it crashed when I hit assign. (added the custom liveries and removed the fictional in-game-liveries).

edit: Obviously some faulty files were causing this, feeling stupid now :D

crowtrobot
26-02-2016, 13:23
Checked that. Thought you were right after I found one .rar and one additional .dds, but it kept crashing.
Splitted the folder into two (both containing 25 now), but the tool keeps crashing, no matter which one I select. Pretty sure it worked before, had them already assigned once.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think before it crashed first, I was able to select the directory and it crashed when I hit assign. (added the custom liveries and removed the fictional in-game-liveries).
Does the included demo_fa_liveries folder work? You probably tried this already, but if the demo Formula A liveries work, try resetting the Z4.

Reiche
26-02-2016, 14:00
Well, at least some success.. After resetting the Z4, deleting and pasting the Custom Livery Tool, verifying game files etc. the problem was still persistent, but I could trace it to one single custom livery. No idea why this is causing anything, but I'll investigate further =D

Shouldn't be an issue with the tool though, my bad, sorry =)

Otherworld
26-02-2016, 21:54
You have no idea how much I love you for this tool
http://i.imgur.com/6SUB8CF.jpg (http://imgur.com/SWYVviA)
http://i.imgur.com/5kmWTlN.jpg (http://imgur.com/ApURCOq)
How history should have been

Doktor_Drift
27-02-2016, 02:34
Hey crowtrobot, awesome app, i downloaded it last night - works a treat.... but....... 1 problem. When i watch a replay when using custom skins, whether it's using 2 or 50 skins, my player car will be missing parts, bonnet, bumper, rear spoiler sometimes, like they've just broken off. Sometimes they'll appear as the car gets closer to the camera, sometimes they'll disappear as it approaches but seems a definite correlation between the issue and distance from the replay camera. I haven't tinkered with anything else yet - will get to it soon. I'n not running any other mods or tools. I had same issue with different cars using different skins on different tracks. It's only ever the player car, never the AI car.

Any ideas?

licorne06
27-02-2016, 07:57
Otherworld ,hello or you found it skins? please
when I select the folder or there are the custom skins application cuts

Otherworld
27-02-2016, 14:02
The tool closes itself whenever I try to load my folder containing Mustang GT4 liveries... anyone else having this issue or is it coming from my end?

crowtrobot
27-02-2016, 14:42
Otherworld ,hello or you found it skins? please
when I select the folder or there are the custom skins application cuts

The tool closes itself whenever I try to load my folder containing Mustang GT4 liveries... anyone else having this issue or is it coming from my end?
Make sure you don't have any special characters or spaces in any of the livery names. Also make sure you don't have any extra files in your folder with the Mustang liveries.

Otherworld
27-02-2016, 17:42
Make sure you don't have any special characters or spaces in any of the livery names. Also make sure you don't have any extra files in your folder with the Mustang liveries.
Indeed, one of my file had " - copy" at the end of its name. My bad.
Other strange thing I noticed though, despite putting new Fresnel and Spec files with my R18 TDI liveries, the "official" fresnel file still appears on the cars in-game, adding up with the fresnel file associated to the new liveries. Any idea what might be causing this? (I have my own idea ; which is that the fresnel file for the R18 is somehow not called "AUDI_R18_LIVERY_FRESNEL.dds")
And another observation : in career mode, it seems like for some cars the liveries belonging to a same team are not chosen by normal order (i.e. you have two Bilstein Audi R8, "Bilstein #4" and "Bilstein #5" (thus in the menu they appear one right after the other), yet in career Bilstein #4 will be paired with, say, "Martini Racing #21")

crowtrobot
27-02-2016, 17:58
Indeed, one of my file had " - copy" at the end of its name. My bad.
Other strange thing I noticed though, despite putting new Fresnel and Spec files with my R18 TDI liveries, the "official" fresnel file still appears on the cars in-game, adding up with the fresnel file associated to the new liveries. Any idea what might be causing this? (I have my own idea ; which is that the fresnel file for the R18 is somehow not called "AUDI_R18_LIVERY_FRESNEL.dds")
Your idea is probably correct. You'll notice one livery is 'baked' onto the model as well and swapped directly, it's not a generic paint that is swapped out like most other cars. If you figure out what the actual fresnel is I'd be happy to include it in future versions, but noodling around with the cars, that by default, are non-customizable was on the fringe of the scope of the project.

Also, w.r.t. the tool crashing with extra files or characters - I'll figure out what's going on there and include a fix once Patch 10 comes out in a few weeks.

Reiche
27-02-2016, 19:21
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-14
Check JDougNY's reply to my question on Feb 15.

@Otherworld

crowtrobot
27-02-2016, 19:27
And another observation : in career mode, it seems like for some cars the liveries belonging to a same team are not chosen by normal order (i.e. you have two Bilstein Audi R8, "Bilstein #4" and "Bilstein #5" (thus in the menu they appear one right after the other), yet in career Bilstein #4 will be paired with, say, "Martini Racing #21")
In career, the liveries and teams are specifically assigned by the career binary files. Not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it, but there are only certain liveries accessible for each car on the career grid.

Doktor_Drift
28-02-2016, 02:42
Hey crowtrobot, sorry to bother you again. I've narrowed down my problem a bit - maybe you can help. If i use 1 or 50 custom liveries with your tool, in the second session, so either qualifying after practice, or race after practice or qualifying, certain parts of my player car won't load or render. Its always the bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper or boot. Never wheels, windows, lights or doors and it's only in the second session. First session, the car loads fine and looks fine, whether it's a 5 min session or 30 min, it's only when the next session starts that the problem appears. The skin renders over the car but the whole section of car is missing. Still there, but invisible. you can even see the rear spoiler-mounted taillight still floating where the spoiler should be. Only the player car, never the AI cars. Any car, any track, any mode, any skin - vanilla liveries do it too, if i use your tool and leave 1 in the livery list. As i said before, the missing parts will flicker and appear according to how close to a replay camera they are and also, all parts are visible from cockpit or bonnet view (all parts that can be seen, anyway), so when the bonnet hasn't loaded in an external view, i can see it in cockpit view...?

No other mods.

No non-livery files.

Liveries named and organised correctly.

New install of the custom liveries tool - never used it before

Export a package and activate it - same problem with player car.

I'm stuck

crowtrobot
28-02-2016, 03:12
Hey crowtrobot, sorry to bother you again. I've narrowed down my problem a bit - maybe you can help. If i use 1 or 50 custom liveries with your tool, in the second session, so either qualifying after practice, or race after practice or qualifying, certain parts of my player car won't load or render. Its always the bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper or boot. Never wheels, windows, lights or doors and it's only in the second session. First session, the car loads fine and looks fine, whether it's a 5 min session or 30 min, it's only when the next session starts that the problem appears. The skin renders over the car but the whole section of car is missing. Still there, but invisible. you can even see the rear spoiler-mounted taillight still floating where the spoiler should be. Only the player car, never the AI cars. Any car, any track, any mode, any skin - vanilla liveries do it too, if i use your tool and leave 1 in the livery list. As i said before, the missing parts will flicker and appear according to how close to a replay camera they are and also, all parts are visible from cockpit or bonnet view (all parts that can be seen, anyway), so when the bonnet hasn't loaded in an external view, i can see it in cockpit view...?

No other mods.

No non-livery files.

Liveries named and organised correctly.

New install of the custom liveries tool - never used it before

Export a package and activate it - same problem with player car.

I'm stuck
Is it a particular car or all cars?

The test group saw something similar when we initially tried the Formula A, but the problem seemed to go away on its own, seemed like a corrupted upload/download.

Doktor_Drift
28-02-2016, 03:27
Seems to be all cars. I've tried Formula A with downloaded skins and your test skins. Main car i'm wanting to change is the Ford Falcon FG. Have tried Stock Car and Ford Escort too. All have same issue. Whenever i use the tool with a custom skin (or even a vanilla skin and nothing else), it happens. If i disable everything the problem goes away. If i use the single custom livery method built into the game with vanilla AI cars, it works fine. Got me all confused. This is my first post ever in the forums - i can usually figure this stuff out myself but nah, not this time :( Download was quick and seemed fine. I extract with 7-Zip and run everything as admin. Everything seems to be fine and plays fine except these missing/invisible visuals...

McKiernan
28-02-2016, 11:49
Seems to be all cars. I've tried Formula A with downloaded skins and your test skins. Main car i'm wanting to change is the Ford Falcon FG. Have tried Stock Car and Ford Escort too. All have same issue. Whenever i use the tool with a custom skin (or even a vanilla skin and nothing else), it happens. If i disable everything the problem goes away. If i use the single custom livery method built into the game with vanilla AI cars, it works fine. Got me all confused. This is my first post ever in the forums - i can usually figure this stuff out myself but nah, not this time :( Download was quick and seemed fine. I extract with 7-Zip and run everything as admin. Everything seems to be fine and plays fine except these missing/invisible visuals...

Just a thought, but is it possible that the resolution of your custom liveries is set too high? For example many of my custom livery .dds files are at 4096x4096 which my PC runs fine, although the recommended resolution is 2048x2048. Just trying to eliminate possible issues here.

Doktor_Drift
28-02-2016, 12:19
Just a thought, but is it possible that the resolution of your custom liveries is set too high? For example many of my custom livery .dds files are at 4096x4096 which my PC runs fine, although the recommended resolution is 2048x2048. Just trying to eliminate possible issues here.

Not sure. I haven't made any skins myself, just downloaded them and they all work as a single custom livery and crowtrobot's demo skins have the same issue..... and they all appear fine on AI cars. Seems strange that i'm the only one with this problem. Give me a white textures problem that i can fix lol. They work, they load, but only once. Second session or replay and BAM, invisible parts :(

Just to be clear. All skins load in the menu. I pick a car and start a practice or qualifying. Skins load fine. i can do 40 laps and return to pits - still fine. Only when i watch a replay or start the next session, do car parts go invisible. Skin is still there on the rest of the car and on all AI cars, just a missing bumper or bonnet on my car - it's never the doors, windows, lights, roof or wheels, only ever front or rear bumper and bonnet or boot - sometimes one, sometimes all of them

McKiernan
28-02-2016, 12:42
Damnit I'm outta guesses then, hope you can get it sorted.

crowtrobot
28-02-2016, 13:43
@doctor drift:

Have you tried Reset All and adding again? It's really odd that it works fine for one session but not another. Sounds like parts are getting unloaded from memory somehow. I may have an idea, will PM you with a file.

Doctor FrK
28-02-2016, 16:08
Hello guys ! this tool is great i've made my personal gt3 grid for all gt3 in game and it works ! but when i want to race with the custom grid all ai cars are white :/ how can i make this work because i follow every steps and liveries works for my car :( and custom grid tool is before custom liveries in jsgme :) don't really understand :/

McKiernan
28-02-2016, 16:26
I think Mediafire hates me. I suspect I'm getting a corrupted download again as when I use the tool everything is fine until I load a custom livery folder. Once I click on a folder to load (e.g. aston_martin_vantage_gt3) the tool closes. I have not done anything differently to the previous version which worked perfectly.

Doktor_Drift
28-02-2016, 17:02
@doctor drift:

Have you tried Reset All and adding again? It's really odd that it works fine for one session but not another. Sounds like parts are getting unloaded from memory somehow. I may have an idea, will PM you with a file.

Yes, i've tried resetting each livery set and resetting all to no avail :( Will check my PM

Your paktest didn't have any apparent effect, crowtrobot :( Same issue is present

Also, i greatly appreciate any help you've given and will give me, crow, thank you.

McKiernan
28-02-2016, 17:33
I take it back, Mediafire might hate me, but the download wasn't the problem, just loading the Aston Martin GT3 liveries seems to be the issue, the other cars worked fine. Puzzled.

Shadowoff
28-02-2016, 19:55
Hey,
I dont downloaded the new version, 'cuz everything worked fine for me with the old version.
I love both of your tool's, this weekend I drove 24h Nordschleife (GT3, GT4, Clio Cup) just with real liveries (VLN & 24H) and it was AWESOME. I'm in the Z4 (Marc VDS) won, Rowe (SLS) went second and third place was the R8 (WRT). In GT4 BMW won aswell, then too Aston Martin GT4's. Next 24h race: Spa =3

crowtrobot
28-02-2016, 23:12
Hello guys ! this tool is great i've made my personal gt3 grid for all gt3 in game and it works ! but when i want to race with the custom grid all ai cars are white :/ how can i make this work because i follow every steps and liveries works for my car :( and custom grid tool is before custom liveries in jsgme :) don't really understand :/
I've just tested with Stockcar 90 and the included FA liveries - worked.

Order was:
- Make Livery modifications using the Custom Livery Tool.
- Activate Custom Livery Tool via JSGME.
- Run Custom Grid Tool. Click Activate, leave running.

I take it back, Mediafire might hate me, but the download wasn't the problem, just loading the Aston Martin GT3 liveries seems to be the issue, the other cars worked fine. Puzzled.
Double check that the Aston GT3 directory doesn't have any files with funny characters, trailing spaces, or any additional material like -copy files or .jpgs or something. I had to tighten up control on the file naming in the last version, but I clearly didn't do a good enough job handling unexpected inputs. Will be making this more robust in the future.

McKiernan
28-02-2016, 23:37
I've just tested with Stockcar 90 and the included FA liveries - worked.

Order was:
- Make Livery modifications using the Custom Livery Tool.
- Activate Custom Livery Tool via JSGME.
- Run Custom Grid Tool. Click Activate, leave running.

Double check that the Aston GT3 directory doesn't have any files with funny characters, trailing spaces, or any additional material like -copy files or .jpgs or something. I had to tighten up control on the file naming in the last version, but I clearly didn't do a good enough job handling unexpected inputs. Will be making this more robust in the future.

Hey man, thanks a million. There was a file with ".dds" as part of the name of the livery file. I never noticed it as I was expecting to see .dds files, it was only when you said to re-check that I realised one of my custom liveries was off.

The tool works perfectly, the problem was my own stupid re-naming files. I just got a free copy of Photoshop & was messing around editing liveries for the first time & doing such things for the 1st time while a little bit drunk probably isn't the wisest of moves.

Doktor_Drift
29-02-2016, 05:11

In order..

1. 1st session after high-speed collision. Parts were loaded fine before the fact. Note the small car, inside the big car! lol

2. Second session. Parts didn't load, including the engine - which normally would. Seems the damage in previous session has changed this.

3. "

4. "

5. Zoomed out and the engine appeared.

6. Zoomed out more and the bonnet appears! Can barely see it though.

7. Parts appear in 2nd session after high-speed crash. Note the brake light lenses are sitting away from the car about 30cm in-game, both of them, seemingly out of alignment somehow...

8. "

Bolt10
29-02-2016, 12:29
Hello I have a problem,

When i select directory with the custom livreries tool for my custom livrerie i didn't found the file :

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-09-1456752258-probleme1.png

Whitout the tool :

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-09-1456752344-probleme2.png

I don't understand where is my problem...:concern:

crowtrobot
29-02-2016, 13:06
Hello I have a problem,

When i select directory with the custom livreries tool for my custom livrerie i didn't found the file :

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-09-1456752258-probleme1.png

Whitout the tool :

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-09-1456752344-probleme2.png

I don't understand where is my problem...:concern:
The File Browser is meant to select the directory containing the livery folders, not the individual livery folders themselves.

So for the included images, just select 'CustomLiveries', not the #01 folder.

Hope that helps.

Bolt10
29-02-2016, 13:49
The File Browser is meant to select the directory containing the livery folders, not the individual livery folders themselves.

So for the included images, just select 'CustomLiveries', not the #01 folder.

Hope that helps.

It's working ! Thanks you very much for your help.:D

Doktor_Drift
29-02-2016, 14:44
Okay crowtrobot, i've found some stuff. Still over my head but should point you in the right direction...

I did a fresh download and extract/overwrite of your livery tool. Same problem. I turned the vehicle damage off in the gameplay options. Fixed! Turn the damage to full or performance impacting - fixed! Turn in back to visual only - not fixed!

Also, on any damage setting, if the AI cars take a small hit (when using a custom livery) in the front or back of their car, it deforms. The panels/skin deforms massively. The whole front of the car will be pushed back into the interior and all that is visible is 2 front wheels sticking out of the deformed mess. It's strange because on "visual only" setting, my car takes a massive, 250kmh + collision to make the parts appear or disappear. AI takes a tiny little hit and the whole front or back of the car caves in...

wtf?228545228546228547

EDIT: Could someone else that is using this tool, set their damage to "visual only" and tell me if they have a problem in the SECOND SESSION ONLY, so race after qualify or warm up, or qualify after practice.

satco1066
29-02-2016, 21:10
originally they use 2 sizes for the dds files in the game. 2k*2k for your car and 1k*1k for all AI and opponents.
I suggest to try with this sizes. 2k for livery_player and 1k for livery_AI.
If you use to much hires liveries, maybe there is a problem with predefined memory buffers.

Doktor_Drift
29-02-2016, 22:23
originally they use 2 sizes for the dds files in the game. 2k*2k for your car and 1k*1k for all AI and opponents.
I suggest to try with this sizes. 2k for livery_player and 1k for livery_AI.
If you use to much hires liveries, maybe there is a problem with predefined memory buffers.

But with only my car on track? Same problem if i'm in solo practice, so it can't be too many hi-res liveries at once, can it? Also, i've tried loading a single livery with crowtrobots tool and it still does it, if that tells you anything. I know nothing about memory buffers or how and when skins get loaded :(

crowtrobot
01-03-2016, 04:17
@Doktor Drift:

Just wanted to say thank you for your continued efforts to troubleshoot and the detailed replies. I am pretty busy with work this week, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to do much in-game testing, but if I think of anything in the meantime I'll let you know.

Doktor_Drift
01-03-2016, 08:05
@Doktor Drift:

Just wanted to say thank you for your continued efforts to troubleshoot and the detailed replies. I am pretty busy with work this week, so I'm not sure I'll get a chance to do much in-game testing, but if I think of anything in the meantime I'll let you know.

All good, mate. Thank YOU for helping me. You're probably a lot busier than i am right now. I can live with full damage on - i don't tend to crash and bust up my car anyways, but i will continue to investigate this problem, which seems to be specific to my system.... maybe o_O

jarvis
01-03-2016, 13:29
EDIT: Could someone else that is using this tool, set their damage to "visual only" and tell me if they have a problem in the SECOND SESSION ONLY, so race after qualify or warm up, or qualify after practice.

I tried and could not repeat this problem you have and I mostly played with visual only damage recently.

@crowtrobot

I noticed some strange behaviour when assigning liveries on the Z4 GT3. I selected a bunch of folders which worked in the previous version, assigned them and checked them in the game. One livery was missing and showed the white texture. The missing livery was the one from the folder called "Nextraline". The strange thing is, that the tool only assigned the whell_spec, wheel_blur ect. files, the livery files itself where missing in the texture folder.

Then I did a reset, renamed the folder to "Nextraline #88", assigned all the files again and this time it worked. Don't know why this happend.

One more thing for general understanding how this tool works. When we do a reset of liveries on a car previously added with additional liveries, are the added textures deleted from the folder or are only the RCF files edited so that only the original liveries show up in the game? I noticed, after renaming the "Nextraline" folder to "Nextraline #88", both showed up in the texture folder. Is this normal?

crowtrobot
01-03-2016, 14:36
I tried and could not repeat this problem you have and I mostly played with visual only damage recently.

@crowtrobot

I noticed some strange behaviour when assigning liveries on the Z4 GT3. I selected a bunch of folders which worked in the previous version, assigned them and checked them in the game. One livery was missing and showed the white texture. The missing livery was the one from the folder called "Nextraline". The strange thing is, that the tool only assigned the whell_spec, wheel_blur ect. files, the livery files itself where missing in the texture folder.

Then I did a reset, renamed the folder to "Nextraline #88", assigned all the files again and this time it worked. Don't know why this happend.

One more thing for general understanding how this tool works. When we do a reset of liveries on a car previously added with additional liveries, are the added textures deleted from the folder or are only the RCF files edited so that only the original liveries show up in the game? I noticed, after renaming the "Nextraline" folder to "Nextraline #88", both showed up in the texture folder. Is this normal?
That sounds strange (Nextraline bug). The livery files had to be in the folder for the folder to appear in the list, not sure why they wouldn't copy, or why renaming it worked. Perhaps try the 'Nextraline' folder a second time to see if it is repeatable.

w.r.t. Question #2:

The app copies texture data from the directory you choose, the vehicle data for the chosen car from the <pCARS>/customLiveryData folder when the car is edited, as well as creating backups of the .rcf files and creating new ones with the desired customizations. The Reset button restores the backups and should delete the vehicle data from the /vehicles/ folder and liveries from /textures/customliveries. It is normal that the second folder would show up - the program considers every folder in the directory that you point to with the file browser as a separate livery, it makes no distinction between "Nextraline" and "Netxtraline #88".

aestrems
02-03-2016, 08:56
@crowtrobot: I have a question for you, Is it possible to create a pack of several cars? For example, In our league we want to implement your Mod and to make it a bit easier for the drivers we want to create Liveries for each category, for example, one single livery for all the GT3 cars, one for the LMP1 and so one and so one. Or even better one single livery for all our league. Now I have to export the liveries for each car so at the end the drivers has to activate many liveries on the JSGME.

Any idea?

Thank you

satco1066
02-03-2016, 09:49
read post #18 carefully.

aestrems
02-03-2016, 16:16
read post #18 carefully.

Thank you, I completely miss this post.

In fact, I was doing exactly what Crowtrobot says in this post but when I paste the "content" I have the message to replace some textures and files. What is the best, replace the files or keep the previous files? Or doesn't matter?

crowtrobot
02-03-2016, 16:30
Thank you, I completely miss this post.

In fact, I was doing exactly what Crowtrobot says in this post but when I paste the "content" I have the message to replace some textures and files. What is the best, replace the files or keep the previous files? Or doesn't matter?

Shouldn't matter, any replacements are generic textures used by multiple cars.

aestrems
02-03-2016, 16:41
Shouldn't matter, any replacements are generic textures used by multiple cars.

Thank you for the support, I just made a test and works :D

Very very good job! Congratulation for this amazing Mod (Custom Grid Tool included)

licorne06
03-03-2016, 17:34
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44916-IMSA-competition/page3
lien MOD Custom Liveries Competition IMSA 0.1

Orcajavi
04-03-2016, 14:40
Hi,

With this mod is possible to put livery_player to the Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM?

Thanks!

[EDIT]

I created a skin and appear several errors in the Ford Falcon V8:

NWRAP
08-03-2016, 04:31
I cant seem to get the latest version to work.

The custom livery tool loads and when I load my livery folder it crashes to desktop without any errors shown..

Is there an error log to help solve the issue?

Mad LL
08-03-2016, 11:26
Do you select a vehicle before you click on the load button ?

I know I sometimes make the mistake to click on the Load button immediately after launching the tool and the program closes itself unexpectedly.

crowtrobot
08-03-2016, 11:36
Also make sure there aren't any extra files in the livery folders or strange characters or spaces in the livery names. Next version will handle that more gracefully.

Try loading the liveries one at a time until you find the one that is causing trouble.

NWRAP
08-03-2016, 17:54
Do you select a vehicle before you click on the load button ?

I know I sometimes make the mistake to click on the Load button immediately after launching the tool and the program closes itself unexpectedly.

I have tried both ways and get the same result

Also make sure there aren't any extra files in the livery folders or strange characters or spaces in the livery names. Next version will handle that more gracefully.

Try loading the liveries one at a time until you find the one that is causing trouble.

I will go through and check that there are no extra things and load one at a time and report back

Martin03
13-03-2016, 11:47
Sorry if I ask something that is asked many times, but did not found it atleast... So with this mod I can change car livery in career mode?

Shadowoff
13-03-2016, 16:00
Sorry if I ask something that is asked many times, but did not found it atleast... So with this mod I can change car livery in career mode?

I guess no, just in singleplayer

Freaske
15-03-2016, 21:43
hi, i have some troubles using the tool :sleeping:

so far ive tried to add liveries for 2 cars. i got each one working once but not both together and i have no idea why.

I added both liveries the same way and while one is working, i just get a red car for the other one
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/72cd3f-1458082624.png
I know that the files are correct, cause it worked earlier today (but then the livery for some other car didnt work...)

Sorry if this had been discussed somewhere already. I even think that i saw someone else having the same problem too, but i cant find it anymore.

Orcajavi
16-03-2016, 07:09
Hi!

I tried to paint my Mercedes Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM using a file Mercedes_C_Touring13_LIVERY_PLAYER but it doesn't work. Is there any chance to paint?

Thanks.

altid6
19-03-2016, 22:46
Hi
I am having a little issue with this tool.
Sorry if the question is stupid, but I just canīt make it work.
I have read the whole tread, but it still dosenīt work.
So everything is in the right folders and has the right names. Then when I enter the tool and push the load button and finding the right folder for the livery, nothing comes up in the New Livery box.
Am i missing something or why canīt the tool find my livery in the folder #01 with a name like AM_VAN_GTE_LIVERY_PLAYER

crowtrobot
20-03-2016, 15:58
Hi
I am having a little issue with this tool.
Sorry if the question is stupid, but I just canīt make it work.
I have read the whole tread, but it still dosenīt work.
So everything is in the right folders and has the right names. Then when I enter the tool and push the load button and finding the right folder for the livery, nothing comes up in the New Livery box.
Am i missing something or why canīt the tool find my livery in the folder #01 with a name like AM_VAN_GTE_LIVERY_PLAYER
It sounds like you are pointing it directly at a folder containing the livery file with the file browser. The idea is that you point it towards a folder containing multiple folders, one folder for each livery, ex:

C:\My_Aston_GTE_Liveries

with sub-directories:

C:\My_Aston_GTE_Liveries\astonlivery01
C:\My_Aston_GTE_Liveries\astonlivery02
C:\My_Aston_GTE_Liveries\aston_anotherliveryfolder

etc.

Then you would select C:\My_Aston_GTE_Liveries with the file browser in the Custom Livery Tool.

If that is unclear, post a picture of the directory where your liveries are being stored so I can see what's going on.

altid6
21-03-2016, 08:41
Thanks Crowtobot, it works.
Just me who directed the file browser to the wrong folder, just as you said.

crowtrobot
22-03-2016, 11:18
Download link removed until I get the files updated.

ryandtw
23-03-2016, 05:57
For some reason I tried to put custom liveries on both the Marek RP339h and RWD P30 LMP1 cars, but when I used the Custom Liveries and Custom Grid tools (version 0.95 on both, used on pCARS new patch v10), the Marek cars only show the driver and not the car itself...

Is that a bug? Hopefully the bug gets fixed with version 0.96 (for pCARS patch v10).

satco1066
23-03-2016, 12:28
For some reason I tried to put custom liveries on both the Marek RP339h and RWD P30 LMP1 cars, but when I used the Custom Liveries and Custom Grid tools (version 0.95 on both, used on pCARS new patch v10), the Marek cars only show the driver and not the car itself...

Is that a bug? Hopefully the bug gets fixed with version 0.96 (for pCARS patch v10).

Thats why Cowtrobot took the downloadlink offline.
After a new patch you must not use the old mod.
You'll have to wait for reworked version.
That's standard for every patch SMS releases.

aestrems
24-03-2016, 17:00
Hi crowtrobot I have a question, the changes on the new patch is causing problems on your MOD? Looking forward the next update :D

crowtrobot
24-03-2016, 17:27
Hi crowtrobot I have a question, the changes on the new patch is causing problems on your MOD? Looking forward the next update :D
Haven't had a chance to look at it yet unfortunately, it's been crunch time at work and I barely had time to get the Grid Tool updated, let alone the multiple packages required for the livery tool and subsequent testing. Will hopefully have the update out by the weekend.

aestrems
24-03-2016, 17:57
Thank you for your fast reply, take your time we can wait! I really appreciate your efforts keeping your mods update! Thanks a lot for all your mods

crowtrobot
25-03-2016, 13:44
Update here:

Got everything unpacked, sorted and updated. Fixed the bug where extra files would crash the app (stupid, uninitialized variable). Everything appears to be working, but I got all this done at like midnight EST last night, so I want to test a bit before releasing.

Reiche
25-03-2016, 14:33
You guys, everyone, Crow, Lambo, Shadow Explorer, JDoug, Ged, Andy, Ian and all the others who contribute, are machines!

Thanks to everyone and: Happy Easter, feel free to enjoy a few days off ;)

Cheers
Reiche

crowtrobot
28-03-2016, 04:14
Ran into some issues with invisible wheels with the Caper Stockcar, which were eventually fixed by JDougNY. Assembling a package now which will go out to testers, then a few more days for the release.

dodge33cymru
28-03-2016, 09:28
Take your time sir, it's all greatly appreciated :)

crowtrobot
01-04-2016, 12:41
Testers found a lot more issues similar to the Caper with other specific cars, new version's probably going to be a while until all these files get modified.

aestrems
01-04-2016, 16:12
Testers found a lot more issues similar to the Caper with other specific cars, new version's probably going to be a while until all these files get modified.

No problem take your time! With this patch 10 a lot of things change so is normal to found some difficulties, if you need I could help testing your mod :). Keep us inform and keep pushing :D

ELAhrairah
03-04-2016, 16:26
Does anyone have the previous version for me?

satco1066
06-04-2016, 22:46
Attention, just saw it today. patch 10.1 added four new skins for the upcomming "Perfect Edition" on PS4 in Japan.
Cowtrobot, maybe you did also not recognize that and search for bugs
this 4 liveries were added after Caper Monterrey, before Toyota GT 86

Shadowoff
09-04-2016, 14:39
Hey Crow, great to see that youve been able to release the custom career tool, but do you also know when you release this beautiful tool? :) I can understand and wait if you first wanna update it for patch 10.2 (with DLC release). So take your time

ELAhrairah
09-04-2016, 23:16
Hey Crow, great to see that youve been able to release the custom career tool, but do you also know when you release this beautiful tool? :) I can understand and wait if you first wanna update it for patch 10.2 (with DLC release). So take your time

yes Crow please we need this awesome tool and let me know where I can donate ;-)

crowtrobot
10-04-2016, 05:03
Was mostly focused on getting the Career Tool out last week. Will be looking into fixing up the Livery Tool this week; it's still on the radar, hasn't been abandoned, don't worry :)

KAMPFBIBER81
11-04-2016, 11:00
Thank you for all your effords Crowt!

iker17
13-04-2016, 07:18
Waiting for update, great work :)

crowtrobot
14-04-2016, 12:58
Update:

If you haven't been following Ged Keaveney's posts, he/SMS has started adding some easier means to integrate the modified livery files in-game, and has corrected some bugs that are preventing the binary materials files from loading and causing invisible parts.

This update may come out soon, but if not, I've finally got around to converting a bunch of the bad binary materials files so that they load properly. Accidentally missed a few however, so the process isn't quite done yet. Hoping to get it finished and a new version uploaded tonight.

aestrems
14-04-2016, 13:27
Yes I've been following Ged and all the conversation and seems to be more easy for you to work with your mods. :D

If you can uploaded the mod before the SMS update it would be awesome, we can't wait :p

Thank's a lot

ELAhrairah
14-04-2016, 19:46
Its awesome we have modders such of the like of crow. Not to put a feather up your arse ( translated from dutch and means: not to suck up to you.). But we should be very hapy with modders that extend the lifespan of this game with infinity.

crowtrobot
15-04-2016, 12:57
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Tool is back up!

There are corrected materials files for several cars that showed problems in testing. I haven't tested *all* cars however, so if you find cars with missing or see-through parts, please post details and I can update the files.

Also, a reminder for all of the custom tools: if there is a pCARS update today, it will more than likely break the tools until I can update them. I'll be out of town this weekend, so it will be a few days until they are updated if the need arises.

Shadowoff
15-04-2016, 13:15
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Tool is back up!

There are corrected materials files for several cars that showed problems in testing. I haven't tested *all* cars however, so if you find cars with missing or see-through parts, please post details and I can update the files.

Also, a reminder for all of the custom tools: if there is an update today, it will more than likely break the tools until I can update them. I'll be out of town this weekend, so it will be a few days until they are updated if the need arises.

Uhm, also for Patch 10.2?

KkDrummer
15-04-2016, 13:32
10.2 is just out.....

crowtrobot
15-04-2016, 13:36
10.2 is just out.....
lol, such is life :) If I get a moment on lunch break I'll see what I can do, otherwise it will be Sunday at the earliest.

ryandtw
15-04-2016, 13:42
Can anyone nevertheless try out the tool on 10.2 though?

KkDrummer
15-04-2016, 14:01
lol, such is life :) If I get a moment on lunch break I'll see what I can do, otherwise it will be Sunday at the earliest.

nah man, it is cool....go enjoy the weekend out of town, have fun! =]

crowtrobot
15-04-2016, 14:02
nah man, it is cool....go enjoy the weekend out of town, have fun! =]
Getting some summer slicks put on my car for an upcoming track-day...you bet it'll be fun :)

aestrems
15-04-2016, 16:46
Thank you man! Enjoy your weekend, I will test the mod if I found something strange I will let you know. Thank you again :)

Bolt10
15-04-2016, 17:33
Thanks you crowtrobot !

ryandtw
15-04-2016, 23:18
Seems like it's working as normal, despite the update...

ObiMobi
17-04-2016, 19:14
After installing your mod i lost the formula c. I downloaded and activated only liveries for the Formula a, but the formula c is hidden from the menu. If i disable the tool in JSGME everything works. If i chose the F C, then close the game and re-acivate your mod the game chooses the F A for me. Can someone help me?

Sorry for my poor englich and greetings from germany

Edit: It works after a couple of reactivations :D

crowtrobot
18-04-2016, 03:35
@aestrems:

I found that using Reset usually fixed the issue if I lost the glass material. Not sure why this is happening, but I don't think I'm going to put too much thought into figuring it out (this version was more or less a stop-gap). Got around to testing the new semi-official Mod support that Ged implemented with Patch 10.2 - it works quite well for this Livery Tool, but it's going to require a little thinking on my end on how to best utilize it.

How it works:

Use the Livery Tool to add your liveries.
Navigate to <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool/vehicles/<vehicle>
Copy the <vehicle>.rcf and <vehicle>_hr.rcf to <pCARS>/vehicles/<vehicle>
Copy the folder <pCARS>/MODS/Custom_Livery_Tool/vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle> to <pCARS>/vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries/<vehicle>
Create a mods.txt in <pCARS> if it does not exist already.
Add lines:
Vehicles\<vehicle>\<vehicle>.rcf
Vehicles\<vehicle>\<vehicle>_hr.rcf

This works pretty well. The tool will be adapted from its current form to automate this new process instead.

aestrems
18-04-2016, 06:53
@crowtrobot:

Thank you for your quick answer.

Your instructions looks clear and easy I will take a look this evening and I will let you know!

Now I have a question on my mind, how I can share the library with all the drivers of my league? Not all the guys have the same facilities with the computers :rolleyes:

crowtrobot
18-04-2016, 19:23
@crowtrobot:

Thank you for your quick answer.

Your instructions looks clear and easy I will take a look this evening and I will let you know!

Now I have a question on my mind, how I can share the library with all the drivers of my league? Not all the guys have the same facilities with the computers :rolleyes:
Send them a zip with the same directory structure.

In the .zip would be:

Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\<vehicle>
Vehicles\<vehicle>
mods.txt

have them unzip that to the root pCARS directory and they should be good to go. No more JSGME nonsense with Custom Liveries or Custom Grid. You'll be able to activate/deactivate based on what's in the mods.txt, which is really convenient, and removes the need for the cumbersome 1GB download and associated file-handling code (Big thanks to SMS/Ged, again!).

FWIW, the updated version's Export button will automate this process as well, since the whole impetus for the mod originally was for leagues to be able to run sets of custom liveries and easily distribute the sets amongst members who aren't as computer savvy. I may have a new version of Livery tool ready by tonight, but no promises.

crowtrobot
19-04-2016, 03:50
Ok, got the new version written up and compiled. Re-packaged and sent to some testers. Barring any problems, will release tomorrow :)

aestrems
19-04-2016, 07:03
Send them a zip with the same directory structure.

In the .zip would be:

Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\<vehicle>
Vehicles\<vehicle>
mods.txt

Thank you for your information, yesterday I didn't had the chance to read your post but I had the same idea than you and I used the same structure.

Now is so easy to do and to update (thank SMS and Ged for this)

I found one problem during my test, You can't use this new method on a Dedicated server. Yesterday we try on the Server of our League and you can select your car with your skin but went you jump to the track the game change your skin for one of the original skins of the game. This thing don't happen on the P2P race just on the Dedicated Server, any idea?

Anyway, thank you for the support this new method is awesome

aestrems
19-04-2016, 10:14
@crowtrobot:

Regarding the problems with the mclaren, I had some problems with the windscreen in cockpit view and some problems with the roof on roof camera

But still have problems with the fresnel and spec .DDS the game don't recognise it, any idea?

crowtrobot
19-04-2016, 12:23
Hi aestrems,

w.r.t Dedicated Server:
Did this work with the previous implementation of the Livery Tool? I have only tested SP and p2p MP with the Livery Tool, so I can't speak personally to whether or not it ever worked with DS or not. My guess is that the DS would need the files and the car configuration as well, and even then there could be some hardcoded indexing in it that would prevent this from working.

w.r.t. Mclaren issues:
Thanks for your testing! I've sent you a PM, see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

aestrems
19-04-2016, 12:38
Hi aestrems,

w.r.t Dedicated Server:
Did this work with the previous implementation of the Livery Tool? I have only tested SP and p2p MP with the Livery Tool, so I can't speak personally to whether or not it ever worked with DS or not. My guess is that the DS would need the files and the car configuration as well, and even then there could be some hardcoded indexing in it that would prevent this from working.

w.r.t. Mclaren issues:
Thanks for your testing! I've sent you a PM, see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

I just sent you a PM, I didn't receive your PM let me know if you receive my PM

Regarding the Dedicated Server, yes with old method of your mod I was able to see the liveries.

crowtrobot
19-04-2016, 21:55
New version is up (0.98)!

Please read the install instructions carefully, as they have changed. No more JSGME, no more GB of files. Just unzip the package right to your pCARS folder and run the app.

MARTIN78800
20-04-2016, 17:55
vehicles already a record in project cars, how do? Thank you

crowtrobot
20-04-2016, 18:03
vehicles already a record in project cars, how do? Thank you
Not sure I understand what you're asking, but if you're saying that there is already a 'Vehicles' folder in the pCARS directory, that is fine, just allow it to unzip the files into the vehicles folder. If you were using any mods that altered the .rcf files previously, be aware it will overwrite those.

Your pCARS directory should look like this:

pCARS
|
|--Vehicles
.........|--alpine_a450_lmp2
.........|--ariel_atom_mugen
.........|--toyota_ts040_14

MARTIN78800
20-04-2016, 18:14
if you were using any mods that altered the .rcf files previously, be aware it will overwrite those, here is my problem

crowtrobot
20-04-2016, 18:55
@MARTIN:

Just unpack that .rar file to the root pCARS directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\pCARS). If it prompts you to overwrite (which it looks like it will), just overwrite the files. If you've previously modified the .rcf files within those folders for some reason, and don't wish to overwrite them, then just click 'No' when it prompts you to overwrite those particular files.

MARTIN78800
20-04-2016, 19:20
Ok thank you it works! Just the fear of making a mistake
thanks again

sorry for English de google :( :o

crowtrobot

crowtrobot
20-04-2016, 19:38
No worries, happy to help :)

Pirol1906
20-04-2016, 21:15
Hey, first of all sorry for my bad english.

My problem is that the tool donīt add the liveries of the Mercedes AMG GT3. The tool only add the original Custom Livery in the game and not the new one that I add to the livery list. The new liveries are the Black Falcon #6, #9 and Team Zakspeed #75 from the PCARS - Vehicles Custom Paints Download Database.

I hope someone can help me.

crowtrobot
20-04-2016, 23:33
Hi Pirol,

The Zakspeed #75 was one of the liveries I used to test, so I can verify that it does work using the tool.

After you loaded your folder of Mercedes AMG GT3 liveries, did the Zakspeed show in the list in the middle of the screen? Did it show in the list on the left after selecting it and clicking 'Assign Liveries'?

This is what it should look like after you have loaded it and assigned it successfully:

Pirol1906
21-04-2016, 12:05
Hi crowtrobot,

thanks for your answer. And yes everything looks like on your photo.

And when I upload the Zakspeed Folder from the demo_fa_liveries folder, the AMG is only red. When I upload the Zakspeed-folder from another folder that is not in the pcars game the car has the original custom livery in white. The same applies to the Black Falcon Mercedes. So I dont know what is the fault.

crowtrobot
21-04-2016, 13:17
Hi crowtrobot,

thanks for your answer. And yes everything looks like on your photo.

And when I upload the Zakspeed Folder from the demo_fa_liveries folder, the AMG is only red. When I upload the Zakspeed-folder from another folder that is not in the pcars game the car has the original custom livery in white. The same applies to the Black Falcon Mercedes. So I dont know what is the fault.
If you load the demo liveries with the Formula A, can you verify that this is working? That will at least narrow it down to the Mercedes.

First try using 'Reset All', then re-assign the Mercedes livery, see if that helps.

Then, if that did not work, try Reset All again, and then delete pCARS\Vehicles\mercedes_amg_gt3 folder and re-copy the folder from the Livery Tool .rar file.

It should not matter what folder the livery is loaded from. I have tested loading from different directories and different drives without problem.

Pirol1906
21-04-2016, 13:40
I've tried everything and nothing works. The Mercedes AMG GT3 has a fault. With every other car like Audi R8 Ultra or SLS AMG GT3 or RUF RGT-8 GT3 it work with no problem.

crowtrobot
21-04-2016, 13:46
Another thing: check that there aren't any special characters in your file path for the Merc liveries. (I doubt this is the case since you said the other cars work, but just in case it is...)

Are you using any other mods? The .rcf for the Mercedes AMG GT3 was modified slightly to work with the code that parses the xml - if this file gets overwritten by another mod then it won't work and you'll see the red car.

Pirol1906
21-04-2016, 15:49
Another Problem is also that I cant reset the new Liveries for the AMG GT3. I Reset them, close the tool, open the tool again and they are always saved in the tool

crowtrobot
21-04-2016, 16:00
Another Problem is also that I cant reset the new Liveries for the AMG GT3. I Reset them, close the tool, open the tool again and they are always saved in the tool
1) Have you installed any other mods?
2) To reset, select the AMG GT3 in the list on the left and click Reset. The reset function restores a backup file that isn't touched by the program after it's created. It would be very unlikely that the backups were created from a modified livery file.

This should definitely not be happening if you restored the mercedes_amg_gt3 folder. Can you post a screenshot of the tool after you've clicked assign so I can get a better idea of what you are doing?

Pirol1906
21-04-2016, 16:16
1. Yes the Audi R8 LMS and the Grid Tool
2. And that is the problem. I do the same what you say but it donīt work. So I think there is a problem with the AMG GT3 because it works with every other car.

crowtrobot
21-04-2016, 17:18
1. Yes the Audi R8 LMS and the Grid Tool
2. And that is the problem. I do the same what you say but it donīt work. So I think there is a problem with the AMG GT3 because it works with every other car.
Grid Tool is the issue.

If you'd like to use Grid Tool with this, at the moment you will need to either:

1) Activate Grid Tool, then install the Livery Tool. You cannot activate/deactivate Grid Tool again without reinstalling Livery Tool this way.

or

2) Remove all .rcf files from \MODS\Custom_Grid\vehicles. Do a windows search in that folder for '*.rcf' and remove those files. This will allow you to activate/deactivate without conflict.

I was hoping to have an update out for Grid Tool by now that would have resolved this, but at the moment, there's a showstopper with how some files are loaded. It is being investigated. For now you have the two options above to have the two mods working together.

Pirol1906
21-04-2016, 18:12
Okay thanks for your help.
So I hope that some day the tools working together

crowtrobot
21-04-2016, 18:44
Okay thanks for your help.
So I hope that some day the tools working together
To be clear: they do work together now, it just requires you take an additional step (either 1) or 2) described in my above post).

In the future, providing the necessary files can be loaded into the game, it will be more user-friendly.

jarvis
21-04-2016, 19:42
Would it be possible to add tire texture recognition to the tool in a future release?
As for now they have to be added manually to the rcf-files.

Here's an example of file names for additional michelin tires:

tire_michelin_diff_00.dds
tire_michelin_diff_01.dds
tire_michelin_norm_00.dds
tire_michelin_spec_00.dds
tire_michelin_spec_01.dds

xelapc
23-04-2016, 23:38
Hi there,

0.98 doesn't work to me. Loading a new livery (even in the right vehicle notation) is not possible. The Programm "custom liverie tool" didn't identify any livery (dds file) in a pointed folder. Also the test liveries weren't recognized. Help needed ... thx

Shadowoff
24-04-2016, 13:41
Hey,
great to see that the tool is back up and also way way smaller. So couldnt it be possible to add the MDMT Audi R8 LMS Mod liveries now aswell? Would make adding (or "deleting" fictional liveries" easier

crowtrobot
24-04-2016, 14:08
Yes, but there would need to be a "Custom Livery" template in the .rcfs for the Audi mod. At the moment there are not. If you copy and paste on of the other entries, make it livery 99 and add a path to \vehicles\textures\CustomLiveries\ for the texture it should work. I'll test later this afternoon.

It also means that any Road cars can now have multiple custom livery entries added.

crowtrobot
24-04-2016, 14:11
Hi there,

0.98 doesn't work to me. Loading a new livery (even in the right vehicle notation) is not possible. The Programm "custom liverie tool" didn't identify any livery (dds file) in a pointed folder. Also the test liveries weren't recognized. Help needed ... thx

It sounds like you are pointing the tool to the folder for the livery - it should be a vehicle-level folder like this:

formula_a_custom_liveries
||
||--customlivery1folder
||
||--customlivery2folder

etc.

So when you try loading the demo_fa_liveries, just point at that folder, not at livery #01, #02, etc.

Hope that helps.

TomWeaponX
24-04-2016, 16:30
Hey Crowtrobot, does the custom livery works with the Machine Dojo R8? Is there an order to respect for having the new audi (with some custom liveries for it) and customized liveries for the pCars cars?
By the way, a big huge thanks for this astonished work, you give Pcars a second life! (excuse my bad langage, I'm french and don't really speak english fluently!)

xelapc
24-04-2016, 23:07
don't work to me

c what I did:

last pic ends with no file iside ( expect there should be at least one dds-file)

TomWeaponX
24-04-2016, 23:08
I've got a part of the solution : the most important file is mods.txt . JSGME change the file "without saying anything", that's why I wasn't able to have the audi and the custom liveries together. But I still don't know how to add some custom liveries to the new audi. Is it possible with custom livery? Or should I modified mods.txt myself ?

TomWeaponX
24-04-2016, 23:23
My custom formula one liveries are in pcars/Custom Liveries/Formula A/"xxx". To put them in pCars, i open the Formula A folder, not the "xxx" one.

crowtrobot
25-04-2016, 02:30
@xelapc:

You don't have to load the livery files individually, you load the folder containing folders for each of the liveries. Again, for example, if you want to load the demo FA liveries, just click 'Load', then select the demo_fa_liveries folder. Do not select the #01, #02, #03 folders.

@TomWeaponX:
It's possible, but it will require some edits to the .rcf so the Tool has a template to build new entries off of. The Tool modifies the mods.txt on its own, so if you activate the Audi R8 mod via JSGME, just run the livery tool afterwards and the mods.txt file should be in working order. The hangup will be the .rcf file.

xelapc
25-04-2016, 14:56
puhhhh, it works. Made a mistake by putting other liveries in the folder as you can see above in picture 3 in my former thread.
thx Crowtrobot for your explaination and patience.:cool:

xelapc
26-04-2016, 17:59
famous last word to this thread:
both tools ("livery" and "grid") boost pcars to a new dimension. Nearly hated this game, now it's fun. :applause:

Blueflight
28-04-2016, 16:29
Is it possible that there is a bug with this tool and the AMG GT3? I tried to set liveries and every other car works but not the AMG. It simply shows wireframe liveries ingame.
Thanks for any help.

Shadowoff
28-04-2016, 17:22
Awesome. Before the version without unpacked bootfiles you didnt been able to drive in Multiplayer with the mod enabled. Now its working. Great work Crow.

PM: For me the AMG GT3 liveries are working fine.

Blueflight
28-04-2016, 19:34
I donīt get it. No matter what other car I use the liveries ALWAYS work. But as soon as I set only 1 new livery for the GT it only shows the wireframe. Even when there is only a livery_player.dds and livery_ai.dds in the livery root folder.
I donīt know what Iīm doing wrong since I use the exact same way with all other cars and they work like a charm.

Gethema
28-04-2016, 20:54
Have you tried adding the dummy files that come with certain AMG GT3 liveries (mine, nsssz's) to the livery root folder?

For instance, all of the AMG GT3 livery folders that were added via the Custom Livery Tool by myself all contain the following files:

Notice that the 1KB files at the bottom are the dummy files that could be necessary for the game to display the respective livery properly. Personally, I haven't run into any issues without them, but it may still be worth a try.

nsssz
28-04-2016, 21:55
That issue why I included those dummy files appears when I'm trying to add liveries after I have already added some before. The problem is that only ..livery_player.dds and ..cpit.dds are added.

It's not case with all cars. It seems when car folder or rcf file or what ever is differently named than livery files. So in case of AMG GT3, the folder is named mercedes_amg_gt3 but actual livery files are merc_amg_gt3.

First time everything is allright but second time tool looks for files named mercedes_amg_gt3... (except livery_player and cpit). So I renamed files to match but when it finds these files it adds real names to .rcf (merc_amg_gt3...) and thus small dummy files are good enough. At least I have that issue.

Machinist90
30-04-2016, 09:35
works great for me just wondering how I can get the wheel textures go along with the livery?

Blueflight
03-05-2016, 16:38
I have to come back to the AMG GT issue since I tried everything and for me itīs clear that something canīt be right.
Here is what I did:
As a test I tried with the SLS at first
- Open Livery Tool
- Go to the livery folder (in that case: Project Cars/Liveries/Mercedes SLS GT3/Rowe
- Assign the livery to the base ingame list

When I go into the game into the garage I can see the Rowe livery perfectly, everything is right.

Now the exact same procedure with a AMG GT3 livery getīs me the result of a wireframe livery ingame.
That clearly cannot be right and I canīt be the only one, right? I tried different AMG GT liveries, for example the HTP Motorsport one or the AKKA ASP.

Any idea?

crowtrobot
03-05-2016, 17:10
I have to come back to the AMG GT issue since I tried everything and for me itīs clear that something canīt be right.
Here is what I did:
As a test I tried with the SLS at first
- Open Livery Tool
- Go to the livery folder (in that case: Project Cars/Liveries/Mercedes SLS GT3/Rowe
- Assign the livery to the base ingame list

When I go into the game into the garage I can see the Rowe livery perfectly, everything is right.

Now the exact same procedure with a AMG GT3 livery getīs me the result of a wireframe livery ingame.
That clearly cannot be right and I canīt be the only one, right? I tried different AMG GT liveries, for example the HTP Motorsport one or the AKKA ASP.

Any idea?
Hi Blueflight,

I think there is a bug where multiple writes to a car will cause the liveries not to show up when the shortened car name doesn't match the name of the directory (ex: MERC_AMG_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds and the name of the directory is mercedes_amg_gt3). I tested the AMG before releasing the new version, so I know it does work. I would suggest using the Reset button on the AMG GT3 and then trying again. If it still does not work, you can look in <pCARS>\Vehicles\mercedes_amg_gt3\mercedes_amg_gt3.rcf
and see what liveries were actually written to the file and where (what directory) it is expecting those liveries to be.

Hope that helps.

jbleeco
03-05-2016, 17:18
works great for me just wondering how I can get the wheel textures go along with the livery?

Me too....the copy & paste doesn't work for me. Be careful of changes made because it will reset everything back to default. Example I had all the liveries I chose to run in game, removed custom grid tool with jsmge reloaded and all original liveries came back and Audi sets alone in car selection. Everything has to be done again but regarding the tire textures for the AMG that I guess Pirelli with yellow band is hideous !

crowtrobot
03-05-2016, 17:24
Me too....the copy & paste doesn't work for me. Be careful of changes made because it will reset everything back to default. Example I had all the liveries I chose to run in game, removed custom grid tool with jsmge reloaded and all original liveries came back and Audi sets alone in car selection. Everything has to be done again but regarding the tire textures for the AMG that I guess Pirelli with yellow band is hideous !
That's because the mods.txt that was edited during the first activation would have been removed when you deactivated with JSGME. There's no real reason to use JSGME anymore, as you can go back to vanilla merely by editing/removing mods.txt now.

Machinist90
03-05-2016, 20:49
That's because the mods.txt that was edited during the first activation would have been removed when you deactivated with JSGME. There's no real reason to use JSGME anymore, as you can go back to vanilla merely by editing/removing mods.txt now.

sooo...no way to edit wheels? cause the amg tire is hideous

jbleeco
03-05-2016, 21:48
sooo...no way to edit wheels? cause the amg tire is hideous

:) Bad choice of word on my behalf....I just don't like the current tire on all liveries ingame and yes the tires can be edited in the rcf. files but I myself only hit it spot on once and can't now for some reason. I don't have an answer for why either.
I would be happy with one tire on all cars "michelin" however I see many on custom liveries. There is even a Tire Pack on RD and the owner states to use Custom Liveries Tool to install.

nsssz
04-05-2016, 05:12
... There is even a Tire Pack on RD and the owner states to use Custom Liveries Tool to install.

This tool is not exactly used to install tire textures. It's more like a prerequisite for installing tire textures, otherwise you simply don't have .rcf files to edit, and it adds necessary lines to mods.txt but in the end you still have to manually edit .rcf files for tire textures to work.

crowtrobot
04-05-2016, 12:24
This tool is not exactly used to install tire textures. It's more like a prerequisite for installing tire textures, otherwise you simply don't have .rcf files to edit, and it adds necessary lines to mods.txt but in the end you still have to manually edit .rcf files for tire textures to work.
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

The original scope of the tool was to allow people in leagues to easily modify the car's livery set and create exported packages so that everyone in said league could easily load it and see everyone else's custom liveries. I didn't intend to start unlocking cars for custom liveries that weren't previously paintable, but it seemed like the next logical step. Custom wheels must not be in the AMG "Custom Livery" entry, I'll have to add that for the next version. Still need to get updated versions of the Grid and Career tools out as well though, so it may be a while. Lots of things going on IRL too, had much less time for pCARS lately.

Blueflight
04-05-2016, 14:46
Hi Blueflight,

I think there is a bug where multiple writes to a car will cause the liveries not to show up when the shortened car name doesn't match the name of the directory (ex: MERC_AMG_GT3_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds and the name of the directory is mercedes_amg_gt3). I tested the AMG before releasing the new version, so I know it does work. I would suggest using the Reset button on the AMG GT3 and then trying again. If it still does not work, you can look in <pCARS>\Vehicles\mercedes_amg_gt3\mercedes_amg_gt3.rcf
and see what liveries were actually written to the file and where (what directory) it is expecting those liveries to be.

Hope that helps.

Iīm sorry I still cannot get it to work.

Here is what it looks like:
The Livery

The AMG.rcf

Livery Tool

That getīs me a wireframe AMG GT HTP Motorsport 1 ingame. I seem to be that much stupid becasue no other person seems to have this problem.

crowtrobot
04-05-2016, 15:05
Iīm sorry I still cannot get it to work.

Here is what it looks like:
The Livery

The AMG.rcf

That getīs me a wireframe AMG GT HTP Motorsport 1 ingame. I seem to be that much stupid becasue no other person seems to have this problem.
The error is in the .rcf, in the NEWTEXTURE attribute. It is looking for the files in \Vehicles\Textures\Customliveries\, but the Custom Livery Tool organizes by car and livery within that directory when it copies the files, so it should be looking in \Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\mercedes_amg_gt3\HTP Motorsport 1\.

My program parses "\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\" out of the .rcf (note the capitalized "L" in Liveries) and replaces it with the appropriate directory, but there's a lingering bug if the original .rcf is lowercase, it will not parse that string out and will not change the livery directory as it should. Seems like a rather straightforward task, but I've tried several methods of regexs and been unsuccessful for whatever reason. The easiest workaround was to manually edit the .rcfs. These should be included in the package, but if they were replaced by you for some reason:

Reset the AMG GT3
For each line in the "Custom Livery" entry in the AMG GT3 .rcf and _hr.rcf files, change NEWTEXTURE=Vehicle\Textures\Customliveries\*.dds to NEWTEXTURE=Vehicle\Textures\CustomLiveries\*.dds and the tool should then correctly operate on that entry.

The mercedes_amg_gt3.rcf and _hr.rcf included in the package should already contain this edit if you need more clarification, so take a look there.

Blueflight
04-05-2016, 15:29
The error is in the .rcf, in the NEWTEXTURE attribute. It is looking for the files in \Vehicles\Textures\Customliveries\, but the Custom Livery Tool organizes by car and livery within that directory when it copies the files, so it should be looking in \Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\mercedes_amg_gt3\HTP Motorsport 1\.

My program parses "\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\" out of the .rcf (note the capitalized "L" in Liveries) and replaces it with the appropriate directory, but there's a lingering bug if the original .rcf is lowercase, it will not parse that string out and will not change the livery directory as it should. Seems like a rather straightforward task, but I've tried several methods of regexs and been unsuccessful for whatever reason. The easiest workaround was to manually edit the .rcfs. These should be included in the package, but if they were replaced by you for some reason:

Reset the AMG GT3
For each line in the "Custom Livery" entry in the AMG GT3 .rcf and _hr.rcf files, change NEWTEXTURE=Vehicle\Textures\Customliveries\*.dds to NEWTEXTURE=Vehicle\Textures\CustomLiveries\*.dds and the tool should then correctly operate on that entry.

The mercedes_amg_gt3.rcf and _hr.rcf included in the package should already contain this edit if you need more clarification, so take a look there.

I did this now:

But thatīs not what you wanted me to do and it also does not work the way I did it ;-)
I read your post several times but more and more I understand that I would be totally lost as a programmer (I knew that before though)
So could you please give me another chance. And sorry for taking your time!

crowtrobot
04-05-2016, 15:37
I did this now:

But thatīs not what you wanted me to do and it also does not work the way I did it ;-)
I read your post several times but more and more I understand that I would be totally lost as a programmer (I knew that before though)
So could you please give me another chance. And sorry for taking your time!
If my code was better this wouldn't be a problem in the first place, so don't worry about it. :)

It looks like you changed the wrong attribute - you changed the TEXTURE attribute, you need to change the NEWTEXTURE attribute in the .rcf files. Reset again, and change NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Customliveries\*.dds" to NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\*.dds". Also bear in mind that the original .rcf has the NEWTEXTURE attribute on the right, and the TEXTURE (which is the original that is swapped for the newtexture) on the left. python's xml interpreter reorganizes in alphabetical order, there's no way to retain the original structure.