PDA

View Full Version : All going wrong beyond GT5...

junkan
04-02-2016, 13:30
Hi All,

I have read several threads about how realistic the game is, to avoid pushing on cold tyres, ...
Following these pieces of advices allowed me to win a GT5 championship with the Ginetta (AI level set to 85).

I have then gone up to GT4 with a Toyota GT86, and I seriously cannot keep that car on the track for 1 complete lap.
I have reduced the AI level to 60 now, and my best possible time on Dubai or Sakitto still only brings me 16th or 17th.

I appreciate that Toyota GT86 isn't the same at all as the Ginetta, but can you help me understand how to keep my car on track?
I have tried to be more gentle on the brakes as well as on the gas (apparently going "full throttle" makes my car spin immediately), but this never allows me to get to a decent position on the race starting line...

Many thanks for sharing your advices!

RacingManiac
04-02-2016, 13:41
Have you played with the setup of the car at all?

Silraed
04-02-2016, 13:52
The default setup of the Rocket Bunny GT4 isn't terrible, you just need to be gentle with the car while you are learning how it reacts because it isn't an easy car to get the most out of. Go into free practice mode with it and spend some time learning the car, start slow and gradually getting more aggressive with how you apply the power and experiment with braking zones and different lines through corners.

It is one of the slower GT4 cars however.

junkan
04-02-2016, 13:53
No, I kept the config standard.
Is it mandatory to change the car config? I thought that default would allow decent behaviour, of course optimisable for better performance?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
04-02-2016, 13:54
The default setup of the GT86 GT4 is pretty dang oversteery if you ask me, the rear dampers (bump in particular) are really stiff. I have a less oversteery setup that adjusts the rear springs and some damper settings that should make the car a lot more stable.

Other than that, the Aston V8 Vantage and the Ginetta are by far the easiest GT4 cars to be fast in.

04-02-2016, 13:55
Is it mandatory to change the car config? I thought that default would allow decent behaviour, of course optimisable for better performance?It's not mandatory, but there are some cars where the default setup is perhaps a bit unfortunate.

danowat
04-02-2016, 13:55
Is it mandatory to change the car config? I thought that default would allow decent behaviour, of course optimisable for better performance?

You aren't really wrong in assuming that to be the case, but unfortunately, in many cases, the default setups are quite bad.

RacingManiac
04-02-2016, 13:58
I find that highly depends on your driving style. Everyone may have different tendancy in terms of what they like and what they are comfortable with in terms of car behavior and setup can address that somewhat. What you ended up with may not be the ultimate fastest setup sometimes but a setup you are comfortable exploiting the limit with is better than one that you cannot.

seb02
04-02-2016, 14:01
Hi All,

I have read several threads about how realistic the game is, to avoid pushing on cold tyres, ...
Following these pieces of advices allowed me to win a GT5 championship with the Ginetta (AI level set to 85).

I have then gone up to GT4 with a Toyota GT86, and I seriously cannot keep that car on the track for 1 complete lap.
I have reduced the AI level to 60 now, and my best possible time on Dubai or Sakitto still only brings me 16th or 17th.

I appreciate that Toyota GT86 isn't the same at all as the Ginetta, but can you help me understand how to keep my car on track?
I have tried to be more gentle on the brakes as well as on the gas (apparently going "full throttle" makes my car spin immediately), but this never allows me to get to a decent position on the race starting line...

Many thanks for sharing your advices!

I like Toyota Gt86 too but it's the slowest Gt4 and by far.

edit : Have you tried this site to find a setup : http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

havocc
04-02-2016, 14:03
I remember this car at Watkins glens...with default setup it was a real nightmare to enter inner loop, pratically a coin flip...

Tomcul
04-02-2016, 14:14
The default setups are terrible on all cars once you start to push them.. The tail always wanting to come around,brakes set too sharp, diffs set the opposite way to what's effective.
I feel sorry for those who don't change setups because some cars that might be dismissed with default setup can be really nice with a few changes..
To the op you might be better to use the Aston for gt4 the gt86 is not the fastest for learning with..

miagi
04-02-2016, 14:14
The GT86 is about as quick as the older GT4 cars, the BMW and Mustang Boss but rather more difficult to drive. It surely isn't tame on the limit even after some setup work on it. On Sakitto GP best I could do with the Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT Edition was a 1:52.68, with the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 I managed a 1:50.3 and with the Ginetta G55 GT4 without much practice and setup work a 1:48.6 came out.

04-02-2016, 14:15
I like Toyota Gt86 too but it's the slowest Gt4 and by far.Not for me, it's very close to the M3 GT4 and the Mustang, somewhat depending on the track though. The Rapide is by far the slowest overall if you ask me.

seb02
04-02-2016, 14:58
Not for me, it's very close to the M3 GT4 and the Mustang, somewhat depending on the track though. The Rapide is by far the slowest overall if you ask me.

Yes probably. Try GT86 on Monza and you will cry lol.
As you say, it depends tracks.

junkan
04-02-2016, 15:13
Thanks a lot for all your answers! I will review possible setups and will try the Ginetta.

About accelerating and breaking "full" (push button at 100%), is there some inertia parameters could set to smoothen my too strong pushes?

04-02-2016, 15:20
Yes probably. Try GT86 on Monza and you will cry lol.
As you say, it depends tracks.Hehe yeah, it's definitely slow there, it's much more of a cornering machine than the M3 and Mustang but loses quite severely on long straights (those two have a top end speed advantage of over 10 km/h).

04-02-2016, 15:27
The default setup of the GT86 GT4 is pretty dang oversteery if you ask me, the rear dampers (bump in particular) are really stiff. I have a less oversteery setup that adjusts the rear springs and some damper settings that should make the car a lot more stable.Aaaand I totally forgot to link the setup, way to go, me. =)

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/180765673

AbeWoz
04-02-2016, 15:38
Aaaand I totally forgot to link the setup, way to go, me. =)

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/180765673

you should upload all your GT3 setups to that site :D

kevin kirk
04-02-2016, 15:58
There is something else wrong somewhere besides him needing to change car setup or cold tires if he is having this much trouble. Speed sensitivity or streering sensitivity or some setting. When you say cant keep it on the track. What do you mean. Are you slidding off track slowing for corners or are you having a hard time steering and keeping it on the track everywhere all the time?

DreamsKnight
04-02-2016, 16:09
it is impossibile to use the default setup. there are some things you have to change always in each tracks. and these are the first and last thing to check.

-tyres. use soft
-pressure: the temperature must be around 85C lower pressure = higher temp. higher pressure =lower temp. use 0.05 steps.
-brake ducts: reduce until you reach good temperatures. i don't know optmal for gt4, i think around 400/500
-brake bias.
-fuel quantity.

don't change these value in each track is sadistic imho. ;)

Mangoat
04-02-2016, 16:17
It's not mandatory, but there are some cars where the default setup is perhaps a bit unfortunate.

Very diplomatic :D

plama
04-02-2016, 21:18
I don't know if the car has ABS or TC, but I have been playing career and online without any kind of assist untill today that I started with GT4, I got the BMW contract and I just couldn't keep the car on the track on Dubai, fastest laps I could do where in the 1:51's, I decided that maybe its best to put real, maybe the car actually needs it, since they have it irl and now I''m doing solid 46's. So I gained 5 seconds with those aids.

04-02-2016, 21:44
The M3 GT4's default setup is also a bit bad, though not as bad IMO (and interestingly it's sort of the opposite, the GT86 has IMO too stiff rear damping, the M3 GT4 has too soft rear damping).