PDA

View Full Version : Who has actually achieved "A Day In the Life"?

artao
05-02-2016, 16:22
C'mon folks, fess up. ;)
Who has ACTUALLY completed av full 24-hour real time race to get the achievement "A Day In the Life"? ...... and if so, DID you stream it? LOL
Not me ...... yet

Fanapryde
05-02-2016, 17:30
Did that twice when I was on PS4 (Le Mans and the Ring)
Switched to PC two months ago and it is in the planning again...

And no, I did not stream it...

Alexandre Bardet
05-02-2016, 17:31
It's not a big deal IMO... I've done it a few times in Grand Turismo. With the amount of opponents Pcars allows it's even more pleasurable.

Fanapryde
05-02-2016, 17:38
It's not a big deal IMO... I've done it a few times in Grand Turismo.
You are not really going to compare GT "endurance" races to PCars endurance races, are you ?
Have you done it in PCars ? (Which was the question in OP).

havocc
05-02-2016, 17:52
LOL gt driving model is much more forgiving

artao
05-02-2016, 19:18
Wow. Impressed.
I have never sat and played any video game for 24 hrs straight. ... I assume you can let the AI drive for awhile too. That's why it's there as your co-driver, after all.
.... i can't even imagine how sore my ass would be after that LOL

Question: To which races does this apply? Career? Custom race? Online?

Fanapryde
05-02-2016, 21:35
Wow. Impressed.
I have never sat and played any video game for 24 hrs straight. ... I assume you can let the AI drive for awhile too. That's why it's there as your co-driver, after all.
.... i can't even imagine how sore my ass would be after that LOL

Question: To which races does this apply? Career? Custom race? Online?
I did not race for 24 hrs straight. Stints were about four hours and then I paused the game (and the PS4) until the next.
During the first try I let AI drive but he managed to get DSQ'd for cutting track.

The races were in career mode.
How sore your ass is depends on your seat. I had no problems with that :D

artao
05-02-2016, 21:52
I did not race for 24 hrs straight. Stints were about four hours and then I paused the game (and the PS4) until the next.
During the first try I let AI drive but he managed to get DSQ'd for cutting track.

The races were in career mode.
How sore your ass is depends on your seat. I had no problems with that :D

Pausing the game eh? CHEATER :P :P :P ... just messin about, to be clear

The only games I've ever played for seriously extended time (as in, all in a row) are submarine simulations. Real time for like 10 hrs or so. But then, I was doing other stuff during that time too. Just checking in now and then with a ride in the conning tower or thru the periscope. Checking the course and altering it. ... and then responding to alerts too.

Shadowoff
05-02-2016, 21:55
Im currently planning. But I need a bad setup to be on the pace from the 100% AI... ;P

Fanapryde
05-02-2016, 22:08
Im currently planning. But I need a bad setup to be on the pace from the 100% AI... ;P
Just try and see what happens during the night...

Racingboy1994
04-04-2017, 11:40
C'mon folks, fess up. ;)
Who has ACTUALLY completed av full 24-hour real time race to get the achievement "A Day In the Life"? ...... and if so, DID you stream it? LOL
Not me ...... yet

The game has too many bugs. I tried to do it and had half hour to go, but decides to disqualify me when switching from the AI to drive in the pits... sooo gutted... me also being pissed off is an understatement...