PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Audi R8 LMS (MDMT MOD) - Release Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LamboMantisMan23
05-02-2016, 20:00

So here it is guys. The first Project CARS high quality add-on car mod by Machine Dojo Modding Team in collaboration with Shadowworks. Models are built from scratch and perfectly converted to maximize the use of the game engine with features like rain & light effects, lods & damage, pre-rendered AO vertex colors & windscreen reflection. Much physics research on this car was done to ensure the best possible driving experience.

Release Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5B6IGDhnus

Trailer by Visual Autoprophets with both footages captured ingame and CG rendering.

DOWNLOAD v2.01

http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/downloads.html

Community Livery Pack 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yr8f73fyw0s8yrd/2015_Audi_R8_LMS_Community_Livery_Pack_1.rar

Change log:

v2.01
New default setup to better suit endurance racing
Various handling improvements

v2.00
Now working with the new mod code for patch 10.2
Fixed texture glitch that made the cockpit doors look very bright

v1.03
Fixed missing brake glow texture
Added missing liveries
Bug fixes

v1.01
Fixed physics
Fixed statistics in menu

v1.0
Originial

Please uninstall any previous versions

*PLEASE READ THE README FILES*

Credits

ShadowWorks (SPECIAL MENTION TO SHADOW_EXPLORER) - 3D modelling, texturing and mapping
Autoprophets (SPECIAL MENTION TO AUTOPROPHET_ZR) - Mod creation, skinning, trailer, 3d work
Alex Hobbs - Physics, physics implementation
KS34c - Photos
TOMMY - Skinning, Photos
Shiimis - File decrytption, script creation

Also every member of the Machine Dojo Modding Team

Craig Martin
05-02-2016, 20:09
just a quick point, there are no performance figures in the my garage screen. Not sure if this is an oversight or just not possible. Also the liveries are a little low-res. Please don't take as criticism, just wondered if these things were still being worked on. Lovely looking model.

Kishshey
05-02-2016, 20:12
http://i.imgur.com/etmcHRA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4WocgFy.jpg

Thanks!
Love your work.
I will soon post a video review =D

bostoneric
05-02-2016, 20:27
does it work in online groups?

PuhDoodle
05-02-2016, 20:30
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong... I followed the installation instructions and can see the Audi R9 LMS in the Project Cars "vehicles" folder but when I open the game it's not there. I've tried resetting both steam and my pc and still can't get it to work? Any tips? Thanks

LamboMantisMan23
05-02-2016, 20:32
GUYS, THERE HAS BEEN A BIG MISTAKE. THE CAR USES THE OLD R8 PHYSICS WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT. PLEASE DELETE AND DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION WHEN I POST IT HERE WITH THE NEW PHYSICS

Alex Hobbs
05-02-2016, 20:37
Lambo's reel of profanity when he realised he'd forgotten was quite hilarious :P

As you guys can probably tell from looking at the setup, it's still on LMS ultra physics. Our LMS physics are good to go, but it takes a little time to reupload.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IxRQMMWrrjA/UY5eyAkE1fI/AAAAAAAABX0/owvpIhbvSZc/s630-fcrop64=1,1fb81f93dff4e06b/fallout-please-stand-by.jpg

Giovtec
05-02-2016, 20:42
well, i was going to ask for help cuz all i got is game crash after i tried to choose car :/

Will wait for the update then! :)

LamboMantisMan23
05-02-2016, 21:05
PLEASE DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION FOR PHYSICS AND FIXED STATS IN GARAGE. ALSO I APOLOGISE FOR THE HUGE WRITING AND THE DISGUSTING COLOUR I JUST WANT TO GET THIS INFO ACROSS AND SORRY FOR SCREWING UP

:)

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 21:18
Stop for a minute and think if this is the direction you want this game to go in. Apps not being available for everyone is one thing. Game content with extra cars and game functions with the choose what classes race together mod is a different matter all together. The cars and game function mods you make simply means there will never be a need for anyone to spend time to put them in the actual game because the pc version has a mod for them. Your adding cars and game functions to the game. You might as well call it PCARS 2 and say its only for PC. How is scratching out cars as important as the new AUDI gt3 car and game features like choose classes are on the track together away from being in the actual game because PC has a mod for them a good thing.

tm89
05-02-2016, 21:20
good man!

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-02-2016, 21:21
I don't think ANYTHING the modders could ever do would in any way affect SMS's plans for any car updates.

CrustyA
05-02-2016, 21:26
absolutely Amazing work! Glad to donate to such a quality project.

Never been a huge fan of the original R8 LMS but I liked the 2015 redesign and this model is superb.

Wonder if we can get a Jack Spade FFB tweaker file for this? I just realized how dependent I am on those things.:eek:

quick test around the new track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsU36wl8dS0

f3lixOvi
05-02-2016, 21:35
Absolutely incredible work guys :) Thank you so much!

I'm in love with the R8 :o

a3broek
05-02-2016, 21:36
Wauw !! Good job !! Graphics, physics everything is amazing.

Henrique Clausing
05-02-2016, 21:36
Congratulations guys. Excelent work! :yes:

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 21:39
I don't think ANYTHING the modders could ever do would in any way affect SMS's plans for any car updates........Everytime EVERYONE turns on the game to play it. The thought of wish this or that car was in the game needs to enter their head. The new audi gt3 car was just scratched off that list of cars that need to be in the game for every PC player that will ever play the game from now on. That's a huge amount of the people and a lot of say so on what cars are wanted and get added.

flybikes
05-02-2016, 21:42
Stop for a minute and think if this is the direction you want this game to go in. Apps not being available for everyone is one thing. Game content with extra cars and game functions with the choose what classes race together mod is a different matter all together. The cars and game function mods you make simply means there will never be a need for anyone to spend time to put them in the actual game because the pc version has a mod for them. Your adding cars and game functions to the game. You might as well call it PCARS 2 and say its only for PC. How is scratching out cars as important as the new AUDI gt3 car and game features like choose classes are on the track together away from being in the actual game because PC has a mod for them a good thing.

Exactly

I have a XBOX ONE, so if you guys, make for example a Gallardo, I will never be abble to drive it, because the SMS will never do a car that technically is already made and the pc`s users already have it, and they will never buy. For now is a R8 LMS that we will never drive! What`s next?

This is very bad... you guys are trashing the game future for consoles and other systems. Besides that, the quality will begin to decrease...the psychics.. the sound and so on. The SMS must stop this, or make sure that this cars are launched to all systems because every car, you guys launch, is one car that I and thousand others don`t drive.

Holdidi
05-02-2016, 21:47
WOW!
What a car!!!
Did a few laps around Brands and Nordschleife, its so great....

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 21:49
Exactly

I have a XBOX ONE, so if you guys, make for example a Gallardo, I will never be abble to drive it, because the SMS will never do a car that technically is already made and the pc`s users already have it, and they will never buy. For now is a R8 LMS that we will never drive! What`s next?

This is very bad... you guys are trashing the game future for consoles and other systems. Besides that, the quality will begin to decrease...the psychics.. the sound and so on.

I can't believe what I am reading here from some XB1 guys ... :disgust:

Joshua Healy
05-02-2016, 21:51
That's taking it a bit extreme isn't it? SMS would still want to license the car and make it themselves as not only do customers like official content, but releasing it on console would generate far more profit than just saying "Oh someone modded it for PC so now we don't have to do it. "

Also, to say these guys are "trashing the games future" is just downright rude. :mad:

hotak
05-02-2016, 21:51
Exactly

This is very bad... you guys are trashing the game future for consoles and other systems. Besides that, the quality will begin to decrease...the psychics.. the sound and so on.

You can't be more wrong. In assetto corsa they even licensed some mod cars and then worked with the modders to make them official content. And anyway pCars doesn't have Lambo license, so it's not like they're making PC-only a thing that could have been done for consoles too.

And congratulations for the awesome mod, i'll donate as soon as i get some money on paypal :)

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 21:54
You can't be more wrong. In assetto corsa they even licensed some mod cars and then worked with the modders to make them official content. And anyway pCars doesn't have Lambo license, so it's not like they're making PC-only a thing that could have been done for consoles too.

And congratulations for the awesome mod, i'll donate as soon as i get some money on paypal :)

Yes, so true ... and count me in, too :victorious:

flybikes
05-02-2016, 21:55

In Asseto, they licensed some mod cars. They make it right! Not in this way.

Project cars don`t have the Lambo license... yet!

If this mod team, launch semething like a gallardo, I will be piss off. VERY VERY unprofessional. From all parts: the mod team and the SMS that allows this (just to get more cars in the game, to try to beat Forza... money money money).

NoBrakes
05-02-2016, 21:58

You won't get any mods on consoles in AC as well - and there are some really good mods out there; just imagine what URD are doing ...

And why don't you blame Microsoft for not allowing mods as well?

I think Modding Team and SMS are the totally wrong target you're aiming at.

pollinho123
05-02-2016, 22:00
Yeah, that's just a joke. I don't think that SMS really cares about modded content when deciding on what to create next, just because they can't only take the PC platform into consideration when doing it. Plus licensing is propably the way more relevant factor here.

Mods don't hurt you console guys, they don't hurt you a single bit. Yeah, the PC is the only platform that benefits directly from them, but that's just nature of the platform. You decided to buy a console, so deal with it, easy as that.

Back on the mod:

Thanks a lot for your hard word and congratulations on the thing. It looks marvellous, well done. Will be downloading it for sure :)

DAS.Zentrum
05-02-2016, 22:01
You won't get any mods on consoles in AC as well - and there are some really good mods out there; just imagine what URD are doing ...

I think Modding Team and SMS are the totally wrong target you're aiming at.

Absolutely right !!! ... A great mod for a great game !!!

smokinmasta
05-02-2016, 22:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xNT5G_TqzI

E_Luckow
05-02-2016, 22:04

If this mod team, launch semething like a gallardo, I will be piss off. VERY VERY unprofessional. From all parts: the mod team and the SMS that allows this.

WTH!!!!!!! What are you talking about!!!!!!

Really hard to believe some short minded people around here.

You guys complain about EVERYF&*^%THING!

What about? THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING WORK???

I m not a modder, I have no skills, but have once you stopped to thank the guys that create new things to make our game better????

But the best of the best is complaining about a thing that NOT EVEN HAPPEND!

And the console guys, it was BY PERSONAL CHOICE that you have bought it instead a PC, right??

Cmon.

AbeWoz
05-02-2016, 22:05
let the money saving for a gaming PC being....NOW

from what i can see, awesome work guys! keep it up!

smokinmasta
05-02-2016, 22:08
I have on 2 platforms (PC since 2011 and Xbox ONE on launch) but i cringe at console players whining - im almost ashamed at some of the antics/complaining about everything. There's even a site now for ranting about the forum and not being listened too!!

smokinmasta
05-02-2016, 22:16
I also have a massivley modded Assetto Corsa and know full well that when released the console will be a much diluted game. Im affraid youll have to look to MS and Sony to why Mods will not be allowed.......... obviously cost and workload would be quite a task if every Tom Dick or Harry releases a 'mod' assuming the structure was even in place :)

blot
05-02-2016, 22:25

If this mod team, launch semething like a gallardo, I will be piss off. VERY VERY unprofessional. From all parts: the mod team and the SMS that allows this (just to get more cars in the game, to try to beat Forza... money money money).

Where does money come into it? The mod is free and you can make a donation if you want.

3800racingfool
05-02-2016, 22:26
Exactly

This is very bad... you guys are trashing the game future for consoles and other systems. Besides that, the quality will begin to decrease...the psychics.. the sound and so on. The SMS must stop this, or make sure that this cars are launched to all systems because every car, you guys launch, is one car that I and thousand others don`t drive.

Listen...

You hear that? No? Listen a little closer.

That is the sound of the worlds smallest violin playing just for you. Wanting PC users to quit doing what PC users have done for the last 25+ years just because you feel left out is nothing but pure selfishness. You want to drive modded-in cars and have access to things not in the original game/dlc? Then buy a pc. The end. And before you go all "that's too expensive for me": Deal with it. Yes it's more expensive than a console, but access to modded content for games is just one of the perks all that extra money gets you.

Or you can play the waiting game. Maybe someday modded content will be available on consoles. Wouldn't count on it but hey, you can dream.

----------

Rant aside. Congrats on the release guys. Car really isn't my cup of tea (I actually prefer the older one) but you did a fantastic job with it and, from the screenshots, it looks as if it was a car straight from a DLC pack. Major props.

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 22:26
Im certainly not blaming anyone for anything. In fact I admire all of you guys for being smart enough to do what you do. Never mind how good it is to see how much you guys love doing this. Just like all the comment and threads about needing to choose classes racing each other disappeared after that mod. Now you can make a thread about the obvious need for it and its nothing but crickets. The need for this awesome car just disappeared for the vast majority of the players. Mention the obvious need this car a week from now and it will be nothing but crickets. Of course we are going to try and say something, Some kind of defense to stop from losing the need for this car in the game because its something we love to play to.

MillsLayne
05-02-2016, 22:48
I wouldn't worry too much about modding hurting the console versions of the game, as they have been outselling the PC version by quite a wide margin, at least last year they did. Which is good, because it shows that console owners have been wanting a sim racer, BADLY. So, it's highly doubtful that SMS would abandon any ideas for mods for all platforms because someone made a mod for PC that only a small amount of people would get to partake in. It wouldn't make sense financially.

Scuderia Paul
05-02-2016, 22:58
Having watched several videos of the new car I admit I am officially a jealous console user. The quality of your work is incredible.

I may have missed it but what is next on your list?

If this mod team, launch semething like a gallardo, I will be piss off. VERY VERY unprofessional. From all parts: the mod team and the SMS that allows this (just to get more cars in the game, to try to beat Forza... money money money).What a load of rubbish.

flybikes
05-02-2016, 23:05
The question is, whats the next cars the console users will never be abble to play?

And besides that, the pc users are being short minded.. because each car this mod team launches in half quality (not acurate cars) is one more car that SMS will not launch in full quality.

AbeWoz
05-02-2016, 23:10
The question is, whats the next cars the console users will never be abble to play?

And besides that, the pc users are being short minded.. because each car this mod team launches in half quality (not acurate cars) is one more car that SMS will not launch in full quality.

please show me where SMS has said that "any car created by the modding community will NOT be developed and implemented by the SMS team"

dont worry.....i'll wait.... and notice my platform is not PC. I have a console, it was my choice, i have no gripes with PC users creating mods for their games. if you want mods on console, talk to Sony or Microsoft. I'm sure they will respond to your close-mindedness in a very urgent manner.

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 23:13

I think Modding Team and SMS are the totally wrong target you're aiming at.........Im not targeting anybody. As I said before I have great respect for the WMD guys. Besides, for that to even be in the same ballpark, and correct me if I'm wrong. I would say since the same people doing the mods are the same people that work on the game.Microsoft would have to have its people that work on the consoles give some console owners extra content while not letting it be available to other console owners.

Alexandre Bardet
05-02-2016, 23:18

Agreed. Console users are going to be left out as this continues, it already feels like that...

LamboMantisMan23
05-02-2016, 23:19

When are you gonna realise you're chatting complete rubbish? 1. You're being pretty rude saying our work which took us best part of 7 months to do is half quality? I think you'll find in many aspects it's the same if not better than SMS work.

2. In what kind of world do you live in where that thing happens? What are you on about 'next cars will never able to play'. I'm finding this hilarious

As a general statement; everyone needs to calm down and think before they write before somebody cracks and it turns into a flame war. We all know there are a lot of people hear who don't know what they are talking about but let's just ignore it. I appreciate all the awesome comments, photos and videos you guys are sending me with the car and it makes me very happy :)

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 23:20
Listen...

You hear that? No? Listen a little closer.

That is the sound of the worlds smallest violin playing just for you. Wanting PC users to quit doing what PC users have done for the last 25+ years just because you feel left out is nothing but pure selfishness. You want to drive modded-in cars and have access to things not in the original game/dlc? Then buy a pc. The end. And before you go all "that's too expensive for me": Deal with it. Yes it's more expensive than a console, but access to modded content for games is just one of the perks all that extra money gets you.

Or you can play the waiting game. Maybe someday modded content will be available on consoles. Wouldn't count on it but hey, you can dream.

----------

Rant aside. Congrats on the release guys. Car really isn't my cup of tea (I actually prefer the older one) but you did a fantastic job with it and, from the screenshots, it looks as if it was a car straight from a DLC pack. Major props.
......That reads more like complaining about cars being no longer needed to be put in the game instead of complaining about pc users.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-02-2016, 23:32

And besides that, the pc users are being short minded.. because each car this mod team launches in half quality (not acurate cars) is one more car that SMS will not launch in full quality.I can guarantee you, SMS cares not one little bit about what the modders are doing when it comes to making decisions about what cars they are developing.

kevin kirk
05-02-2016, 23:38
I can guarantee you, SMS cares not one little bit about what the modders are doing when it comes to making decisions about what cars they are developing.........Thank you, If you say that is the case then I certainly have no trouble in believing that to be true

Kishshey
05-02-2016, 23:39
I was gonna ask you this. The car felt like the LMS Ultra.

maxx2504
05-02-2016, 23:53
Hi !

All i can say is: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Job :) Thanks for this car. I hope more cars will come.

Neil Bateman
05-02-2016, 23:57
If i had a penny for every complaint by a console user about being left out of mods that pc users have access to i would be very rich by now.

Here is a reality check,

pc games = moddable
Console Games = not moddable

Its always been this way, you buy a console knowing this so if you want mods for your games dont buy a console and whinge about pc users getting all these mods, just buy a pc instead.

Kishshey
06-02-2016, 00:09

Go on, cry about it. Please cry about it somewhere else. In my PERSONAL opinion. The community doesn't need this kind of negativity.

A mod team released a car, which SMS has nothing to do with. If you can't appreciate the effort of the devs, at least don't cry about it.

Kishshey
06-02-2016, 00:13
If i had a penny for every complaint by a console user about being left out of mods that pc users have access to i would be very rich by now.

Here is a reality check,

pc games = moddable
Console Games = not moddable

Its always been this way, you buy a console knowing this so if you want mods for your games dont buy a console and whinge about pc users getting all these mods, just buy a pc instead.

It's about time they'd understand that PC > Console

Shinzah
06-02-2016, 00:53
There's a lot of childishness on both sides here.

PC users - The world doesn't revolve around PC gaming. Modding in games without mod tools isn't even supposed to happen. Mods like this are at the discretion of the developer to litigate against. That said, however, you can not stop people from poking around files and modifying or customizing supposedly modding-unsupported games. Still, acting like the be and end all is very ignorant to our friends on consoles.

Console users - It's true, you can't have mods. But you do have a lot of the other community created features available, like the crew chief app. Still the benefit to console users is that you guys will ONLY get official content and won't have to worry about file mismatches, broken gameplay and other things that can come from modding the games files. So please don't be so upset over something you can not control because you don't have access to it when being kept from messing the game up is probably better in your case; especially if it has as many problems on consoles as certain forum members would lead us to believe.

@MDMT Members - Great work on the car. I'm for scratch built mods like this. I hope you will continue to bring more high quality mods in the future. Would be nice for some more skins, though.

Autoprophet-ZR
06-02-2016, 01:12
Sorry we made a mistake that we forgot the 32bit mod. The last version is only for 64bit so 32bit users have those issues. I just uploaded a v1.02 mod including both 32bit and 64bit versions.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/if70675z5je867w/Audi+R8+LMS+2015+v1.02.rar

E_Luckow
06-02-2016, 01:27
Sorry we made a mistake that we forgot the 32bit mod. The last version is only for 64bit so 32bit users have those issues. I just uploaded a v1.02 mod including both 32bit and 64bit versions.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/if70675z5je867w/Audi+R8+LMS+2015+v1.02.rar

Thank you very very much! That did the trick! I have to run the game in 32bits!

Amazing, fantastic work! Count on me to support your creations!!!

kevin kirk
06-02-2016, 01:46
The problem is this. Now the car can never be DLC to be paid for because its free for pc. The car can never be free car of the month for everyone now because its already a free car for pc unless they do 2 different cars at one time. This writes this car off for each and every way cars are released for the game. That effects PC players too making you have to use the mod. That is a very good reason to queston this. If there ever was or will be a good reason. Closing all the doors that certain added cars can walk thur would be it. Stop playing the I'm a pc player being attacked role. This is a legitament problem that this car and game combo have now. There is no method or door left that this car can walk thur to enter the actual game because its now a PC mod. The problem we are expressing is the bridges the mod burns concerning this car and the actual game.

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:03
The problem is this. Now the car can never be DLC to be paid for because its free for pc. The car can never be free car of the month for everyone now because its already a free car for pc unless they do 2 different cars at one time. This writes this car off for each and every way cars are released for the game. That effects PC players too making you have to use the mod. That is a very good reason to queston this. If there ever was or will be a good reason. Closing all the doors that certain added cars can walk thur would be it. Stop playing the I'm a pc player being attacked role. This is a legitament problem that this car and game combo have now. There is no method or door left that this car can walk thur to enter the actual game because its now a PC mod. The problem we are expressing is the bridges the mod burns concerning this car and the actual game.

If it is made as a mod it doesn't mean SMS will never made it, things like this happen before. Assetto Corsa have a Lambo Countach mod released months before the official paid DLC version released and community usually prefer the official support from devs instead of the mod ones.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:03
I have followed the readme file exactly and I can not find the car in-game. What am I doing wrong? 226889

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:05
I have followed the readme file exactly and I can not find the car in-game. What am I doing wrong? 226889

Should be the other way around, unpacked files first then the Audi R8 mod

3800racingfool
06-02-2016, 02:06

This in no way does any of the things you just stated. In fact, it does just the opposite. If SMS wants to officially release this or any other car it is at their discretion to do so and having a car or feature modded into the game has absolutely zero impact on their decision making. You have a complete misunderstanding as to what modding on pc is, how it works, and how it actually affects the game(s) in question. I would highly recommend reading up on the subject before posting any more contrived and, quite frankly, ignorant responses in this thread.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:15
I switched the files around it did not make a difference. I still do not have the car ingame. I receive this error message when enabling the audi r8 lms 2015 mod. Should I be getting this message? 226890

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:24
I switched the files around it did not make a difference. I still do not have the car ingame. I receive this error message when enabling the audi r8 lms 2015 mod. Should I be getting this message? 226890

yes, just click on "yes" to replace those files

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:29
yes, just click on "yes" to replace those files

I did click yes. I do not have the car. :confused:

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:34
I did click yes. I do not have the car. :confused:

did you run the .bat file? That will add lines into the carlist.lst and other files to enable the car.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:41
did you run the .bat file? That will add lines into the carlist.lst and other files to enable the car.

Yes, It does not work. 226894

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:44
Yes, It does not work. 226894

Try check the files manually, first head to the vehicles folder and find a file call "vehiclelist.lst" then open it with notepad and check is there a line with "vehicles\Audi_R8_LMS\@Audi_R8_LMS.crd" at the bottom.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:47
Try check the files manually, first head to the vehicles folder and find a file call "vehiclelist.lst" then open it with notepad and check is there a line with "vehicles\Audi_R8_LMS\@Audi_R8_LMS.crd" at the bottom.

Yes, there is.

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 02:56
Yes, there is.

That's odd, it should work if those files are there. I hope one of the guys from the mod team could troubleshoot this.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 02:57
That's odd, it should work if those files are there. I hope one of the guys from the mod team could troubleshoot this.

It works now!! I shutdown steam and restarted it. Now it is in my garage!!

kevin kirk
06-02-2016, 03:02
This in no way does any of the things you just stated. In fact, it does just the opposite. If SMS wants to officially release this or any other car it is at their discretion to do so and having a car or feature modded into the game has absolutely zero impact on their decision making. You have a complete misunderstanding as to what modding on pc is, how it works, and how it actually affects the game(s) in question. I would highly recommend reading up on the subject before posting any more contrived and, quite frankly, ignorant responses in this thread..............You must certainly think I'm ignorant if your trying the I need to understand modding and it doesn't effect the way games are made approach. You know better than that. I expressed a concern,and got my answer. Please allow us ignorant people the chance to do that. I can imagine how much of a burden it is for you to have to listen to someone expressing the disappointment of such a meaningless boring car such as the new audi gt3 car. Why would anyone express how the feel about that.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 03:06
It works now!! I shutdown steam and restarted it. Now it is in my garage!!

I tried to drive the car now as soon as the track loads I get CTD and this message. 226908

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 03:08
LamboMantisMan23 sent me the mod few weeks ago to make a few extra liveries, the liveries are all fictional with fictional branding to fit the GT3 cars grid in pCARS. It should work installing it with JSGME.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tkk3n6o395d63ke/R8+Mod+Liveries.rar

Shinzah
06-02-2016, 03:13
Is it just me though, or is there no pit lane pathfinding on the car making it only work in race and in time trial? O-o

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 03:14
I tried to drive the car now as soon as the track loads I get CTD and this message. 226908

try check the physics files in "Vehicles\physics\tyres", open tyreshd.xml with a notepad and check for a line named "<Item label="audi_r8_lms.hdtbin"></Item>". Also check ""Vehicles\physics\tires", open the tire.rg file with notepad and "ctrl+f" to find "GT3_SLICK_SOFT seta_tire". Check is there "AUDI_R8_LMS" listed in the same line with "tags"

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 03:32
try check the physics files in "Vehicles\physics\tyres", open tyreshd.xml with a notepad and check for a line named "<Item label="audi_r8_lms.hdtbin"></Item>". Also check ""Vehicles\physics\tires", open the tire.rg file with notepad and "ctrl+f" to find "GT3_SLICK_SOFT seta_tire". Check is there "AUDI_R8_LMS" listed in the same line with "tags"

tyreshd.xml this file looks good ,but I can not find any lines in the tire.rg file containing "AUDI_R8_LMS" the only lines found were "AUDI_R8_LMS_ULTRA"

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 03:51
tyreshd.xml this file looks good ,but I can not find any lines in the tire.rg file containing "AUDI_R8_LMS" the only lines found were "AUDI_R8_LMS_ULTRA"

Backup your tire.rg file and try replace it with mine: https://www.mediafire.com/?w6ee4z46z6yvgwu

There should be both Audi R8 LMS and Audi R8 LMS Ultra listed in it.

DUMBUNNY360
06-02-2016, 04:05
Backup your tire.rg file and try replace it with mine: https://www.mediafire.com/?w6ee4z46z6yvgwu

There should be both Audi R8 LMS and Audi R8 LMS Ultra listed in it.

That worked!! Thanks. :cool:

maxx2504
06-02-2016, 04:46
Hi !

Although i think this mod is really good...i detected a little unpleasant bug about this car. When the brake discs begin to "glow", the glowing isnt red...its just white. Seems a texture is missing there. Or my graphic settings to low ?

Here is a picture with telemetry on:

Keith_d
06-02-2016, 07:18
After an hours testing round Brands I've got to say I prefer the original, what's under me in the mod just doesn't feel right in comparison, it's a nice model, cockpit look's pretty good, small issue with the texture's on the front of the car flashing on and off during replay and overall a good effort that I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy, it's just not my taste, thanks for putting it out there

Shinzah
06-02-2016, 07:28
Is it just me though, or is there no pit lane pathfinding on the car making it only work in race and in time trial? O-o

figured out my problem when I realized all cars were doing it - I accidentally installed the 8.0 files over the 7.0 files. Don't muck around with those directions, it'll muck things up royally.

LamboMantisMan23 sent me the mod few weeks ago to make a few extra liveries, the liveries are all fictional with fictional branding to fit the GT3 cars grid in pCARS. It should work installing it with JSGME.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tkk3n6o395d63ke/R8+Mod+Liveries.rar

Also, great job on the liveries! Will you be making more? And could you give a quick tutorial on how to edit the RCF files in order to make livery packs, I'm not sure my artistic talents are up to it, but it'd be nice to have a point of reference if I have a go at it

TassyDevil
06-02-2016, 07:34
Great job on this mod.
Already gave a donation some time ago as I knew this mod group would do a great car.

Thanks for your efforts guys.:yes:

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 08:25
Also, great job on the liveries! Will you be making more? And could you give a quick tutorial on how to edit the RCF files in order to make livery packs, I'm not sure my artistic talents are up to it, but it'd be nice to have a point of reference if I have a go at it

Thanks, glad that you like the liveries. I'll probably make a few more of it and hope it turns out alright, I have 2 liveries in the bin.

The RCF files are pretty easy to edit but it is a boring and slow process, you can just open it notepad. I'll use my livery pack as example. When you open the file, you will first notice this near the top:

<NAMES INPUT ="LIVERY">
<NAME LIVERY="51" NAME="Audi R8 LMS" />
<NAME LIVERY="52" NAME="Audi Sport #1" />
<NAME LIVERY="58" NAME="Audi Sport Team Phoenix #1" />
<NAME LIVERY="57" NAME="Audi Sport Team Phoenix #4" />
<NAME LIVERY="53" NAME="Audi Sport Team Autoprophets #11" />
<NAME LIVERY="54" NAME="Audi Sport Team Autoprophets #12" />
<NAME LIVERY="55" NAME="Audi Sport Team WRT #28" />
<NAME LIVERY="56" NAME="Audi Sport Team WRT #29" />
<NAME LIVERY="59" NAME="Goodsmile Racing #0" />
<NAME LIVERY="60" NAME="IMOCHI #19" />
<NAME LIVERY="61" NAME="Four C Motorsport #78" />
<NAME LIVERY="62" NAME="GERHARDT Electronics #32" />
<NAME LIVERY="63" NAME="GERHARDT Electronics #33" />
<NAME LIVERY="64" NAME="Stichmuller Racing #22" />
<NAME LIVERY="65" NAME="NALAN Automatics #63" />
</NAMES>

Those are the listing of the liveries and the naming you see in the garage. If you wanted to add in a new livery, just create a new line with a new number and name like this:

<NAMES INPUT ="LIVERY">
<NAME LIVERY="51" NAME="Audi R8 LMS" />
*snip*
<NAME LIVERY="65" NAME="NALAN Automatics #63" />
<NAME LIVERY="66" NAME="New Livery" />
</NAMES>

The lower part of the RCF files control where the livery is located, metallic paint option and the rims colours as well. Not too sure how metallic paint work in pCARS yet, still experimenting on it at the moment. The part I'm talking about is this:

<CONDITION LIVERY="51">
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint_cpit" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01_cpit.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_glass_3" NEWMATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_plastic.mtx" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01_HR.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01_HR.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_banner2_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_BANNER01.dds" />
</CONDITION>

<CONDITION LIVERY="53">
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint_cpit" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01_cpit.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_glass_3" NEWMATERIAL="vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_01.mtx" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery03_HR.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery03_HR.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior03_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit03_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel03_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_spec.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel03_spec.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_banner2_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_BANNER02.dds" />
</CONDITION>

*snip*

<CONDITION LIVERY="65">
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery15.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery15.dds" />
</CONDITION>

If you were to add more liveries into it, you will require to add in another set of lines at the bottom under the same number as you listed above. For this example the "new livery" is numbered "66", all you have to add at the bottom of the 65th livery like this:

<CONDITION LIVERY="65">
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery15.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery15.dds" />
</CONDITION>

<CONDITION LIVERY="66">
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\Your New Livery.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\Your New Livery.dds" />
</CONDITION>

From my understanding, "NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\Your New Livery.dds" should be the location your livery is placed.

As for the problem with releasing packs, it is best to have a readme on how to add these lines into the RCF files manually than what I did. Using JSGME will just replaced all the RCF files that may contain the livery you had installed and make it not spawn in game. Maybe the custom livery tool might be able to do it in a simpler way but I haven't try the tool yet.

One last thing, there are 2 RCF files for every car in this game when you unpacked them, the "hr" ones carry the high resolution at 2048x2048 (pCARS default) while the other is at lower resolution at 1024x1024 (pCARS default). My pack of liveries is at 4096x4096 on both which probably a bad idea for weaker PC, I'll fixed that later.

I hope this helps.

liamnielsen
06-02-2016, 09:42
I got the mod installed to the game, but when i open Pcars all cars are gone and i only have the 2015 Audi in My Garage, did i follow the steps wrong?

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 09:52
I got the mod installed to the game, but when i open Pcars all cars are gone and i only have the 2015 Audi in My Garage, did i follow the steps wrong?

You can try uninstall the mod to check whether the cars appear again then reinstall it again to see does it fix your problem. If not try checking vehiclelist.lst in vehicles folder, open the file with notepad and you should see a whole list of cars and the last one in the list should be "vehicles\Audi_R8_LMS\@Audi_R8_LMS.crd"

Franco Ferrari
06-02-2016, 09:53
I installed the mod (1.01) without a problem and the game runs fine as always.
I followed each step carefully, and found no obstacles during the process.

I then tried car and it runs A-OK.

Small glitch: it seems you cannot change the arb bias while driving, but the brake distribution bias works just fine.
I don't know if this is due to some limitation in the real car / class though, but I'm 99% that you can change it in the other GT3s.

All in all... this mod is of astonishing quality.
I think you deserve some award or something (I already funded you, so I did my part) for releasing the first pCARS mod.

Machinist90
06-02-2016, 09:58
can't get it to work plus my game crashes on launch with BDbgfatal error

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 10:05
can't get it to work plus my game crashes on launch with BDbgfatal error

Does the game work with the unpacked files installed but not the mod?

Morgan Henstridge
06-02-2016, 10:06
Hi Guys, Congratulations on the Mod. The quality in all departments is top notch :)

I will just add that i had issues with the 1.02 install that Autoprophet linked earlier in the thread installing the 64bit version.

I ran the unpacker and then activated the unlocked files and the R8 mod in the JSGME app, and ran the batch file which it said was successful.

On first launch Steam decided to download some files for my game and i noticed it replaced all my custom liveries with the defaults, so not sure if anything else was replaced at this time that may have caused the issue. I removed and re-added the unlocker and the R8 mod from the JSGME and then reactivated them. I then re-ran the batch file but it said it was already done, but I still could not see the car in the menus in-game.

In the end I went back over Tommys posts and manually added the info into the vehicle list, and also into the tyreshd.xml, and grabbed his uploaded tire.rg file and its all working.

For future reference, should the game be started once after unpacking the files, and before activating the mod, to make sure steam is only verifying and replacing original files and not affecting the mod?? Or was this just a weird 1 off thing that my PC decided to do??

Benjamin Benichou
06-02-2016, 10:10
Don't work for me, i try again :/
I have download the latest version 1.02 and use the 64bits version of the mods, when i click on the bat i have error message "files not found" (see on my screenshots)
I have activate first the unpacked and i have follow the read me, but .... :( Help me please.

Morgan Henstridge
06-02-2016, 10:21
Hi Banjamin, if you only see the 1 vehicle, check the "vehiclelist.lst" file in the vehicles folder and check you have all the cars listed and not just the one.

figure thats a good place to start as that is the file that made the R8 LMS show up for me with all the other cars.

edit - Benjamin, i see you have quite a few mods there. can you verify that you are trying with the other mods disabled just in case one of them may be causing interference??

edit 2 - What happens if you run the uninstall.bat and then the install.bat again?? if you can run the uninstall, maybe try right clicking and running the install.bat "as Administrator".

valdzor
06-02-2016, 10:23
You guys deserve a special price, or at least a community spotlight ( I don't know if SMS can do that as they will promote a car for wich they don't have the license but...yeah...)
I enjoy the visual and the physics is great too!

I just noticed one little problem : Brakes don't heat easily even with closed duct, and the viasual "red" heat animation doesnt work at all

ak1504
06-02-2016, 10:35
I have download the latest version 1.02 and use the 64bits version of the mods

I can only see a 1.01 and nothing about 32 or 64 bit...

Alex Hobbs
06-02-2016, 10:37
You guys deserve a special price, or at least a community spotlight ( I don't know if SMS can do that as they will promote a car for wich they don't have the license but...yeah...)
I enjoy the visual and the physics is great too!

I just noticed one little problem : Brakes don't heat easily even with closed duct, and the viasual "red" heat animation doesnt work at all

Yep, the real thing features increased efficiency of cooling vs drag and it's modelled here too. It's handy for tracks that particularly punish the brakes, but on more forgiving tracks it can be difficult to keep the temperatures high enough to be effective.

Morgan Henstridge
06-02-2016, 10:39
I can only see a 1.01 and nothing about 32 or 64 bit...

Autoprophet added a link to the forum HERE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44774-2015-Audi-R8-LMS-(MDMT-MOD)-Release-Thread&p=1228194&viewfull=1#post1228194)earlier.

Believe only change was including the 32bit files that were missing in 1.01.

Benjamin Benichou
06-02-2016, 11:00
Hi Banjamin, if you only see the 1 vehicle, check the "vehiclelist.lst" file in the vehicles folder and check you have all the cars listed and not just the one.

figure thats a good place to start as that is the file that made the R8 LMS show up for me with all the other cars.

edit - Benjamin, i see you have quite a few mods there. can you verify that you are trying with the other mods disabled just in case one of them may be causing interference??

edit 2 - What happens if you run the uninstall.bat and then the install.bat again?? if you can run the uninstall, maybe try right clicking and running the install.bat "as Administrator".

No my other mods are disabled, and i have always the same error message when i click on the bat file. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226926&d=1454757442 and if i try to uninstall and re-install i have this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226894&d=1454730055

Shadowoff
06-02-2016, 11:04
Is it possible to make a custom livery for this car?

Alex Hobbs
06-02-2016, 11:07
The Physics of the Audi R8 LMS

Never thought I'd be writing one of these! The LMS was designed by Audi to be the successor to the LMS Ultra and features several enhancements under the hood as well as on the surface.

Powertrain

The LMS uses the same V10 as its predecessor. However, because of other improvements significantly increasing its overall pace, it has been fitted with a 38mm restrictor instead of the 47mm of the old car. Unrestricted this car would be making around 585bhp and be in a class of its own, so the restrictor takes it down to around 460-490bhp depending on altitude.

The LMS features a new gearbox and electronics system. This helps to shave the weight down to 1225kg and the new software allows the car to shift faster and handle downshifts better. The various weight saving measures have also moved the weight balance much closer to 50/50, allowing a much more neutral driving feel.

Aerodynamics

Audi were also kind enough to provide us with some aero-related problems to solve. The car features a new diffusor that's built into the car's structure to increase performance. This has allowed them to run a smaller wing (and therefore less drag) than previous. That being said, bear in mind the rake of the car is now more important than before when adjusting your aero balance.

As mentioned earlier, the new face allows for more efficient cooling of the brakes as well. The default setting is the same as normal GT3's but the larger intakes mean that this default produces a little more drag and cooling than is really necessary. Expect to close up your intakes for maximum performance. Same deal applies to the radiator as well.

Suspension

The car features new wishbones and dampers, allowing for more versatility in the car's setup. Given the car's new weight balance, this was a godsend in creating the new default setup. The new ranges allow for more adjustability than you should ever need, so make use of it.

Default Setup

The default setup tries to make the car as neutral as possible in low-mid speed situations with slight oversteer on throttle, with a tiny bit of understeer at high speed. It's the sort of setup a customer would be provided with for 'safe' driving when getting it from the factory. It's quick and consistent, but it's got the potential to be faster. It's also softer than the LMS Ultra, closer to Z4 level. Some like this, some don't. The spring rates have more versatility than previous though as said before, so setting it up to your liking should be a piece of cake.

Morgan Henstridge
06-02-2016, 11:23
No my other mods are disabled, and i have always the same error message when i click on the bat file. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226926&d=1454757442 and if i try to uninstall and re-install i have this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226894&d=1454730055

Try the following from Tommys posts, as I believe this is going through what the batch file does manually to verify it.

1) First head to the vehicles folder and find a file call "vehiclelist.lst" then open it with notepad and check is there a line with "vehicles\Audi_R8_LMS\@Audi_R8_LMS.crd" at the bottom.

2) Check the physics files in "Vehicles\physics\tyres", open tyreshd.xml with a notepad and check for a line named "<Item label="audi_r8_lms.hdtbin"></Item>".

3) Also check ""Vehicles\physics\tires", open the tire.rg file with notepad and "ctrl+f" to find "GT3_SLICK_SOFT seta_tire". Check is there "AUDI_R8_LMS" listed in the same line with "tags"

Add the missing info to the files above, except tire.rg, as Tommy has already uploaded a working one HERE (https://www.mediafire.com/?w6ee4z46z6yvgwu) which you can grab.

maxx2504
06-02-2016, 11:25
Hi !

In the garage the menu shows that the car is able to produce around 500NM. On the track the car only produce around 465NM. Is that to match up with the other GT3 cars ? :)

Machinist90
06-02-2016, 11:43
Does the game work with the unpacked files installed but not the mod?

I'll give it a go but I think I already tried that with no result,but I'll double check

M4MKey
06-02-2016, 11:59
Nice report Alex.

Indeed I saw yesterday that the new car has way less horsepower than its predecessor. I'm somewhat sad about it. As it makes this car only on par with others on twisty tracks. The R8 wasn't the fastest car already. But this one is loosing at least 10 kph on Monza. She's gonna be last on the grid ^^

MrBlacky
06-02-2016, 12:02
So the big question is:

Can we use this online or will this cause any problems?

I've read through the whole thread but maybe I missed it: After installing the car, do I have the choice between the old and new one, or is the old one being replaced by the new one?

Autoprophet-ZR
06-02-2016, 12:14
Hi !

In the garage the menu shows that the car is able to produce around 500NM. On the track the car only produce around 465NM. Is that to match up with the other GT3 cars ? :)

You can get over 500 Nm only before 6500 RPM.

maxx2504
06-02-2016, 12:15
So the big question is:

I've read through the whole thread but maybe I missed it: After installing the car, do I have the choice between the old and new one, or is the old one being replaced by the new one?

The new Audi R8 RMS 2016 is a standalone car and you can choose between this and the old one in the car menu after you installed the mod.

You can get over 500 Nm only before 6500 RPM.

Ok i will take a look again. Maybe i have probably not noticed that :)

Autoprophet-ZR
06-02-2016, 12:16
So the big question is:

Yes you can use it online if all players have the mod installed. The old car won't be affected at all so you can the choice.

Benjamin Benichou
06-02-2016, 12:35
Try the following from Tommys posts, as I believe this is going through what the batch file does manually to verify it.

1) First head to the vehicles folder and find a file call "vehiclelist.lst" then open it with notepad and check is there a line with "vehicles\Audi_R8_LMS\@Audi_R8_LMS.crd" at the bottom.

2) Check the physics files in "Vehicles\physics\tyres", open tyreshd.xml with a notepad and check for a line named "<Item label="audi_r8_lms.hdtbin"></Item>".

3) Also check ""Vehicles\physics\tires", open the tire.rg file with notepad and "ctrl+f" to find "GT3_SLICK_SOFT seta_tire". Check is there "AUDI_R8_LMS" listed in the same line with "tags"

Add the missing info to the files above, except tire.rg, as Tommy has already uploaded a working one HERE (https://www.mediafire.com/?w6ee4z46z6yvgwu) which you can grab.

Big tks, i have made this manually, without the installer and i have add the tire.rg file and it's works !!!!! tks :)

t0daY
06-02-2016, 12:43
I installed the mod (1.01) without a problem and the game runs fine as always.
I followed each step carefully, and found no obstacles during the process.

I then tried car and it runs A-OK.

Small glitch: it seems you cannot change the arb bias while driving, but the brake distribution bias works just fine.
I don't know if this is due to some limitation in the real car / class though, but I'm 99% that you can change it in the other GT3s.

All in all... this mod is of astonishing quality.
I think you deserve some award or something (I already funded you, so I did my part) for releasing the first pCARS mod.

WOuld be new to me that you can change on a GT3 car the ARB on the fly :D :D

T0MMY
06-02-2016, 12:49
Is it possible to make a custom livery for this car?

Yes it is possible, there is a template given in the file if I remember correctly. I have made a set of fictional livery and it is available here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44774-2015-Audi-R8-LMS-(MDMT-MOD)-Release-Thread&p=1228230&viewfull=1#post1228230

LamboMantisMan23
06-02-2016, 17:09
v1.03 HAS BEEN RELEASED

f3lixOvi
06-02-2016, 17:17
v1.03 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Thank you so much :)

Unfortunately most of the liveries are low-res after the update.

Maurice Boeschen
06-02-2016, 18:03
Is it a bug that when you switch on the lights that only the dashboard is illuminated and the rest of the car does not light?
Just saw Bathurst 12h footage of the new R8 and in the middle the buttons are also illuminated..

LamboMantisMan23
06-02-2016, 18:16
Is it a bug that when you switch on the lights that only the dashboard is illuminated and the rest of the car does not light?
Just saw Bathurst 12h footage of the new R8 and in the middle the buttons are also illuminated..

Up until now, we have never seen the cockpit at night. And now have thanks to you! SO we will be fixing that soon

maxx2504
06-02-2016, 18:34
Hi !

By the way about the lightning. Is it possible to make the MOTEC Display a little bit darker ? It shines very bright at night...in my opinion a little bit too much.

What about the other drivers here ? What you say ?

But there is one more problem with the new lliveries. Now the Gran Turismo banner is missing inside the cockpit and the colorschemes for the steeringwheel are wrong. Without the new liveries this problem doesn't exist. Also the resolution of the old liveries are scaled down for no reason

Texture Resolution:
Missing GT banner inside the car:
Wrong steering wheel color (should be orange instead of grey):

PS: Glowing work now thanks ! :)

Maurice Boeschen
06-02-2016, 18:49
Up until now, we have never seen the cockpit at night. And now have thanks to you! SO we will be fixing that soon

Haha cool thanks :)

E_Luckow
06-02-2016, 20:08
So let's wait for version 1.4 :cool:

CL0NE
06-02-2016, 20:26
OK 64 bit file fixed my game crash issues on Windows 10, now I can say awesome job Machine Dojo. Cant wait for the Lambo !!!!
No wait, just realised I'm being an idiot.
Convinced I was driving the mod only to realise it's the original 2013 cars by SMS.Deeeerrrrrr !
OK, tried to install again after installing and get one 2015 Red R8 choose it and game crashes as befor.
I put the files in the pcars main game folder as follows.
Steam,steamapps, common,pcars. and the rest as the read me file.
Is that right?
can anyone help?

E_Luckow
07-02-2016, 00:35
OK 64 bit file fixed my game crash issues on Windows 10, now I can say awesome job Machine Dojo. Cant wait for the Lambo !!!!
No wait, just realised I'm being an idiot.
Convinced I was driving the mod only to realise it's the original 2013 cars by SMS.Deeeerrrrrr !
OK, tried to install again after installing and get one 2015 Red R8 choose it and game crashes as befor.
I put the files in the pcars main game folder as follows.
Steam,steamapps, common,pcars. and the rest as the read me file.
Is that right?
can anyone help?

First of all, perform a file checking through steam.

Autoprophet-ZR
07-02-2016, 03:38

Thanks for your feedback. We'll fix it soon.

Autoprophet-ZR
07-02-2016, 03:44
Hi !

By the way about the lightning. Is it possible to make the MOTEC Display a little bit darker ? It shines very bright at night...in my opinion a little bit too much.

What about the other drivers here ? What you say ?

But there is one more problem with the new lliveries. Now the Gran Turismo banner is missing inside the cockpit and the colorschemes for the steeringwheel are wrong. Without the new liveries this problem doesn't exist. Also the resolution of the old liveries are scaled down for no reason

Texture Resolution:
Missing GT banner inside the car:
Wrong steering wheel color (should be orange instead of grey):

PS: Glowing work now thanks ! :)

Sorry for that disturbing problems. LMM23 made a mistake in that release. Here is the link of my v1.03 which solves the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2i2k82rcdnnddv8/Audi_R8_LMS_2015_v1.03.rar

ironman
07-02-2016, 06:39
Awesome Work, Thank You Guys !!!!!
Keep going on..............

riposte
07-02-2016, 06:55
I wonder why everytime I turned left when using certain cars (and this mod), driver's left hand is can't stay at the steering wheel. I hope SMD can fix the animation :(

maxx2504
07-02-2016, 07:28
Sorry for that disturbing problems. LMM23 made a mistake in that release. Here is the link of my v1.03 which solves the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2i2k82rcdnnddv8/Audi_R8_LMS_2015_v1.03.rar

Hey man i don't have a problem when people doing mistakes. Im a modder too and i forgot so many things sometimes. Don't matter ! Keep up the good work !

Btw: I fixed that problem by myself tonight. i deleted the "audi_r8_lms.rcf", copied the "audi_r8_lms_hr.rcf" and renamed it to the old file. But i will download you version again to have the original Mod from the Modder. Will there be an official fix on your homepage that all ppl will get this ?

I cannot wait for your next car ! :)

Tommi-TAG
07-02-2016, 08:29
Thank you very much for this great car, Machine Dojo Modding Team, Shadowworks and everyone involved.
It's simply amazing that your teams made this high quality work possible in pCARS.
Once again, I appreciate you guys for all the hard work and sharing this car for the community! :)

CL0NE
07-02-2016, 10:26
Done a fresh reinstall. Please can somone do a step by step vid or list for total dopes !

Autoprophet-ZR
07-02-2016, 10:26
http://www.mediafire.com/download/26dmmmnj2725c26/Audi_R8_LMS_2015_v1.04.rar
v1.04 available now. Fixed some cockpit issues and added button lights.

maxx2504
07-02-2016, 11:04
Hi !

Yepp works :D

Rusty Monk
07-02-2016, 12:12
Guys any suggestions here?

I tried unintalling the mod so i can join normal servers with VAC without worry of having issues. Now im unable to join any multiplayer servers or even browse the server lists... :S

Any suggestions how to alleviate this?

Finus04
07-02-2016, 18:49
I have tried to install the Audi in version1.0,1.1,1.4, but the car doesnt appear in my game.
I have checked the tire.rg, tyreshd.xml and vehiclelst.lst
The doesnt appear in the tire.rg and tyreshd.xml, so i editet the files manually.
At vehiclelist the car appears.
I have seen that i have a folder named Audi R8 LMS 2015 in the Main Game folder.
In mods folder is Audi R8 LMS 2015 for 64bit
In version 1.0 i found the two bat files Audi R8 LMS Install and Uninstall in the main game folder, with version 1.4 the files doesnt appear there.
Both files are in the Audi R8 folder in the main game folder and in the Mods folder.

So guys any idea what was wrong and how can i fix this problem?

Greetz Thomas

LamboMantisMan23
07-02-2016, 20:00
I have tried to install the Audi in version1.0,1.1,1.4, but the car doesnt appear in my game.
The doesnt appear in the tire.rg and tyreshd.xml, so i editet the files manually.
I have seen that i have a folder named Audi R8 LMS 2015 in the Main Game folder.
In version 1.0 i found the two bat files Audi R8 LMS Install and Uninstall in the main game folder, with version 1.4 the files doesnt appear there.
Both files are in the Audi R8 folder in the main game folder and in the Mods folder.

Greetz Thomas

When you run the script, do you wait for it to completely finish?

Morgan Henstridge
07-02-2016, 21:15

Greetz Thomas

I believe you need to open the Audi R8 LMS 2015 for 64bit folder and inside there is an Audi R8 LMS 2015 folder which needs to go in the Mods folder.

Don't believe you need the Audi R8 LMS 2015 folder in the main folder. Only things in the main folder are the Unlocker Tool and the mods folder.

E_Luckow
08-02-2016, 01:26
This is how my install looks like:

maxx2504
08-02-2016, 05:55
Hi !

After you installed the Mod, the Install.BAT file should appear in the main pcars foder to click on. Isn't that right ? ;)

E_Luckow
08-02-2016, 11:13
Hi !

After you installed the Mod, the Install.BAT file should appear in the main pcars foder to click on. Isn't that right ? ;)

Yup

TassyDevil
08-02-2016, 11:23
Is there a sequence the uninstall.bat should be ran in when closing off the mod?

Finus04
08-02-2016, 12:26
OK guys its working now.
I have uninstalled the mod with the bat fole in Mods folder.
Then deactivate it with JGSME, I also deactivate the unpacked boot files.
Next step i deleted all content- Mods folder, JGSME Installer and ini.
After that i restart my pc, started Steam and made a integrity check for pCares files.
169 files detected as broken.
Next step was another restart of my pc.
Then copied JGSME and Mods folder.
Run JGSME to activate the unpacked boot files, after activating i closed JGSME.
Then copied the Audi R8 folder from Audi R8 LMS for 64bit into Mods folder.
Starting JGSME and activated the Mod, closing JGSME.
Both bat files now appears in the main game folder.
Runing Audi R8 LMS.bat as a administrator, for the first time i saw a clean install without errormessages.
Car appears now in the game.
This was hart work, but it was worth it.

Guys i like your Mod, it felts great.
Im not a Audi fan, but i love this car.
I will made a donation in the next 2 days, guys you deserve this.:applause: really good work

Greetz Thomas

E_Luckow
08-02-2016, 12:38
Is there a sequence the uninstall.bat should be ran in when closing off the mod?

Uninstall (bat) and then deactivate it with JGSME

Rusty Monk
08-02-2016, 16:13
Uninstall (bat) and then deactivate it with JGSME

I did this but no dice, I couldn't join anything multiplayer. Tried reinstalling the game after and still no good. I had to reinstall windows in the end and that fixed it (backed up everything that steam didn't deal with).

speedracer1893
08-02-2016, 16:13

My Skin overwrites both "audi_r8_lms_2015_livery09" Liverys
Save first die old two livery09.
I currently have it no other way.

Blueflight
08-02-2016, 16:20
Wow, fantastic work here!!

E_Luckow
08-02-2016, 16:27
Rene Rast Daytona! Fastastic job! Thanks!

AbeWoz
08-02-2016, 17:02
awesome livery work!

LamboMantisMan23
08-02-2016, 17:18

My Skin overwrites both "audi_r8_lms_2015_livery09" Liverys
Save first die old two livery09.
I currently have it no other way.

I'll create an add on version now

Henrique Clausing
09-02-2016, 12:43
Is there any difference from installing this Mod with Steam running or not?

LamboMantisMan23
09-02-2016, 14:05
Is there any difference from installing this Mod with Steam running or not?

Nope

jzmm
09-02-2016, 14:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Qx0xuPmw0

Eyud
10-02-2016, 16:59
Really nice work! I made a video of my first race with the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydb7p66eAx8

One question: Should I uninstall/deactivate the mod before playing online to avoid a VAC ban?

Spitfire_88
10-02-2016, 17:06
Hi, nice mod and excelent car, but, i can play with other cars on track?, only see the audi in the list car.

f3lixOvi
10-02-2016, 19:28
I'll create an add on version now

Is the addon already downloadable? :)

RacingManiac
11-02-2016, 00:36
not sure if someone else had the same problem. I followed the steps and got the car in the game. I can load up and drive just fine. But I cannot save the setup. I would change something, hit save, go out and drive, come back to the setup screen and it'll be back to default again. I go to the garage and nothing is there to load.

MEFF1091
11-02-2016, 08:44
^^ i experience it too with all the dlc cars and couldnt find a solution yet.

RacingManiac
11-02-2016, 12:07
The DLC cars for me worked fine, its just this add-on Audi so far for me.

Shinzah
11-02-2016, 14:01

I didn't have this problem with this car, but I did with the RXC Turbo.

I had to delete my profile and start over. Might work for you.

leolocke
11-02-2016, 16:19
Is there a Chance to use this car in Career mode or even to start a Career with this car?

RacingManiac
11-02-2016, 16:41
I didn't have this problem with this car, but I did with the RXC Turbo.

I had to delete my profile and start over. Might work for you.

Does that mean I'd lose the career progress? Not that it matters a whole lot...

Also is it right in assuming that everytime there is an update I need to reinstall the car?

Henrique Clausing
12-02-2016, 00:27
Nope

Ok, thanks. And how about Steam VAC servers? Can it causes problems?

T0MMY
12-02-2016, 02:07
Is the addon already downloadable? :)

You can try adding in the livery yourself, I wrote a pretty long post on adding new liveries a few page back: here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44774-2015-Audi-R8-LMS-(MDMT-MOD)-Release-Thread&p=1228293&viewfull=1#post1228293)

Shinzah
12-02-2016, 04:57
Does that mean I'd lose the career progress? Not that it matters a whole lot...

Also is it right in assuming that everytime there is an update I need to reinstall the car?

Yes on both.

I lost a 20+ Hour career from it. I was quite saddened.

Maurice Boeschen
12-02-2016, 11:05
todays patch 9.0 deleted this mod..?!

Reiche
12-02-2016, 11:12
todays patch 9.0 deleted this mod..?!

I guess new unpacked files are required. Won't take too long until they appear, the guys have a good routine now and are usually pretty quick.

LamboMantisMan23
12-02-2016, 11:14
Update

So as patch 9.0 has been released, the Audi will disappear from your game. Don't worry, we've got a fix coming now

ironman
12-02-2016, 12:10
Again big THANK YOU for this wonderful addon !!

Telstar
13-02-2016, 11:50
This mod looks really interesting to me and well done. Now I've always been rather sceptical towards mods in general, because just a minority of them is high quality content. And if a mod is not high quality, I'd rather stay away form it. Having said that, I have a few question about this mod before I'll consider adding it to my game.

How does it drive? How does it feel?
How are the physics?
How is the FFB?
Does telemetry data work correctly?
Can you tune it? Are custom setups possible?
Is it usable in career mode?

Or to sum up my questions: Is there any difference quality-wise between the mod and SMS' stuff? Could you tell it was a mod if you didn't know?

I'd really appreciate it if somebody takes some time to answer my questions, to comment on my concerns. Thanks for that!

ironman
13-02-2016, 12:05
Update

So as patch 9.0 has been released, the Audi will disappear from your game. Don't worry, we've got a fix coming now

Any news about the fix ??

Taloca
13-02-2016, 12:31
You only need the new unpacker vor 9.0. Here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-11
The Audi works with the new unpacker.

E_Luckow
13-02-2016, 23:23
Im lost here... the Unpacked Boot Files for patch 9.0 is out as well.

Which one should we use?

McKiernan
13-02-2016, 23:57
Im lost here... the Unpacked Boot Files for patch 9.0 is out as well.

Which one should we use?

They're the same thing, unpacked boot files are the same as unpacker vers 9

E_Luckow
14-02-2016, 00:13
They're the same thing, u packed boot files are the same as unpacker vers 9

Im afraid they dont are the same. The RD link is for the JDougNY unlocker. The other is from Autoprophet.

NoBrakes
14-02-2016, 12:39
Im afraid they dont are the same. The RD link is for the JDougNY unlocker. The other is from Autoprophet.

I used those from Autoprophet and it worked without any issue...

McKiernan
14-02-2016, 12:56

Thanks, I thought they were the same, my bad. Don't they do the same thing though?

E_Luckow
14-02-2016, 15:15
Thanks, I thought they were the same, my bad. Don't they do the same thing though?

Regarding the mod activation, yes.

RacingManiac
14-02-2016, 16:27

I take this back....the cars from the Stancework pack has the same problem here...can't save setup change

nsssz
15-02-2016, 07:12
Can we paint on windows on this mod? Working on a skin and race numbers are supposed to be on windscreen and back window (engine cover)

speedracer1893
16-02-2016, 21:00
Does anyone have a 3D template of the Mod Car? I have problems with the 2D, sponsors clean install on the left and right side under the Door.
Sorry for my English. :D

Giovtec
17-02-2016, 15:05
Does anyone have a 3D template of the Mod Car? I have problems with the 2D, sponsors clean install on the left and right side under the Door.
Sorry for my English. :D

It will be good to have an .obj file to paint with projections in our painting softwares (mari) but wouldn't be good from owners to do that. "You never know where your hardwork might end up"

nsssz
17-02-2016, 15:28
Finished Jamec Pem Racing liveries ;)
http://s27.postimg.org/hzq7ryfmr/hfdg.jpg

Download here (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-mdmt-jamec-pem-racing.8961/)

Neil Bateman
17-02-2016, 15:48
So we can use either unpacker and do we remove any previous versions before installing the new version?

Would be nice to have a direct link, in that thread at racedepartment there seems to be links of one description or another every few posts.:)

alberto19madrid
17-02-2016, 16:00
Finished Jamec Pem Racing liveries ;)
http://s27.postimg.org/hzq7ryfmr/hfdg.jpg

Download here (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-mdmt-jamec-pem-racing.8961/)
Hello, first congratulations for this awesome livery!!! I follow step by step the readme file, but this liveries doesn't appear in the game. I repeat the instructions many times but not work. Anyone please help me? Sorry for my english. Thanks.

nsssz
17-02-2016, 16:26
Hello, first congratulations for this awesome livery!!! I follow step by step the readme file, but this liveries doesn't appear in the game. I repeat the instructions many times but not work. Anyone please help me? Sorry for my english. Thanks.

Try adding the same lines you added to audi_r8_lms_hr.rcf to audi_r8_lms.rcf. It's in the same folder
Edit: Okay, I tried and yes you have to add those lines to both of the files. My bad :(

alberto19madrid
17-02-2016, 17:37
Try adding the same lines you added to audi_r8_lms_hr.rcf to audi_r8_lms.rcf. It's in the same folder
Edit: Okay, I tried and yes you have to add those lines to both of the files. My bad :(
That works perfectly!!! Thank you!!!

JDougNy
18-02-2016, 04:01
So we can use either unpacker and do we remove any previous versions before installing the new version?

Would be nice to have a direct link, in that thread at racedepartment there seems to be links of one description or another every few posts.:)
Either bootfiles by Autoprophet or my modding unlocker work to add cars. The difference with my modding unlocker is that I open more of the game for modding, beyond simply adding in cars.
My public folder for modding unlocker, coded file translations, textures, mtx material files, etc.... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

speedracer1893
18-02-2016, 15:01
Banner still missing. I have it in the attempts at Magnus Racing but then all the windows were all green. use :-) Could Help.
And when the Magnus Racing is on the Track the tire are not replaced. You can see the Michelin .diff. and not the Continental.diff .
The Hankook cars I have no problems.

Download
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/4-skins-for-the-audi-r8-lms-mod.8967/

Black_Gold_Saw
18-02-2016, 16:13
Im no mod hero, or even understand it.
But does this replace the old R8 or is it an ADD-ON

What their site says: We finally ready to release the Audi. The first Project CARS high quality add-on car mod by Machine Dojo Modding Team in collaboration with Shadowworks
Can it be used online?

edit; before someone tells me; read the README file. I am already downloading for +- 2/3 hours... super slow

Shinzah
19-02-2016, 08:01
Im no mod hero, or even understand it.
But does this replace the old R8 or is it an ADD-ON

What their site says: We finally ready to release the Audi. The first Project CARS high quality add-on car mod by Machine Dojo Modding Team in collaboration with Shadowworks
Can it be used online?

edit; before someone tells me; read the README file. I am already downloading for +- 2/3 hours... super slow

It's an addon. It can be used online if everyone has the addon.

Neil Bateman
19-02-2016, 12:57
Either bootfiles by Autoprophet or my modding unlocker work to add cars. The difference with my modding unlocker is that I open more of the game for modding, beyond simply adding in cars.
My public folder for modding unlocker, coded file translations, textures, mtx material files, etc.... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

Thanks, much appreciated.:cool:

Blueflight
20-02-2016, 10:36
I tried to run this mod with patch 9.0, no luck.
Is this actually working with 9.0?
I tried both unpacked boot files 9.0 and modding unlocker 9.0, installed the R8 folder in the MODS folder and run the install.bat in the main directory.

nsssz
20-02-2016, 17:17
2016 Bathurst 12h Phoenix Racing #2

Download HERE (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-pheonix-2.8991/)

LamboMantisMan23
20-02-2016, 17:20
Would you guys be interested in a updated version with every custom livery added from all you guys?

Shinzah
20-02-2016, 17:36
Would you guys be interested in a updated version with every custom livery added from all you guys?

Pls

Pls do it

Pls

E_Luckow
20-02-2016, 19:10

Please! Much appreciated!

speedracer1893
20-02-2016, 20:50

@nsssz
I had planned the skin but I have the Terra Austalis logos on Site not found on the Internet. :D

Y E S :D

TassyDevil
21-02-2016, 10:34
They have forgotten about Tassy on that map. Us Tasmanians get used to that. LOL
:highly_amused::highly_amused:

Blueflight
21-02-2016, 12:25

Yes, please :-)

nsssz
22-02-2016, 18:37
One more livery, will be final one, at least for a moment :D

WRT #17 Sepang 12h 2015

Download HERE (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-mdmt-wrt.9043/)

Doctor FrK
23-02-2016, 10:05
the WRT livery is beautiful ! but i don't know why in my game it doesn't works :/ i followed all step of installation and check few times but in game there is the new livery name but the car stay totally red ! Someone can help me to resolve this, i think it's not a very difficult issue but i don't find

Very strange because i do the same with the 2 PAMEC liveries and it worked directly..

Thanks for the work this mod is great by the way !

nsssz
23-02-2016, 12:36
Car will be red if game doesn't replace texture, so it uses default one. You copied those material files also? because that's really only thing different from other liveries I made, although my game doesn't show any body without those so it has to be problem with naming of textures and rcf files

Reiche
23-02-2016, 12:41
In your readme you made a mistake

In the name part it's livery no. 2, but in the condition parts it's 17

I changed everything to 76 I think so it won't interfere with existing liveries, so:

<NAME LIVERY="76" NAME="WRT #17" />

hr:
<CONDITION LIVERY="76">
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_03.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint_cpit" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_03_cpit.mtx" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_livery76_hr.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_livery76_hr.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_banner2_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_BANNER76.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_diff_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_norm_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_norm_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_spec_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_04.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_05.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_04.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_05.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior01_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit01_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel76_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_spec.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel76_spec.dds" />
</CONDITION>

non-hr:
<CONDITION LIVERY="76">
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_03.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="vehicles\audi_r8_lms\audi_r8_lms_paint_cpit" NEWMATERIAL="Vehicles\_Generic_Materials\livery_audi_r8_lms_2015_03_cpit.mtx" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_livery01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_livery76.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\COMMON_PAINT_ALPHA.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_livery76.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_banner2_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\AUDI_R8_LMS_2015_BANNER76.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_diff_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_diff_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_diff_01.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_norm_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_norm_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_spec_00.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_michelin_audi_r18_spec_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\tire_yokohama_audi_r8_spec_01.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_04.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_diff_05.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_00.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_04.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_01.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_wheel_spec_05.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_interior01_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_cockpit01_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel76_diff.dds" />
<REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel_spec.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\Liveries\audi_r8_lms_2015_swheel76_spec.dds" />
</CONDITION>

+ renaming the files to "audi_r8_lms_2015_livery76.dds" etc.

nsssz
23-02-2016, 12:57
Yes, you are right. My bad.

And Doctor FrK you can replace 2 in <NAME LIVERY="2" NAME="WRT #17" /> with 17 and it should work. I don't think there are any other liveries with that number. Although I deleted some of those original liveries. If that's the case you have to rename files as Reiche said.

Doctor FrK
23-02-2016, 13:54
Ok thank you guys for your fast reply it works ! :)

speedracer1893
23-02-2016, 17:49
livery17 I had already taken. But I think it will always happen that overrides. :D
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/4-skins-for-the-audi-r8-lms-mod.8967/

Slowsley
24-02-2016, 06:36
Just a couple of questions I want to test, but if anyone already has...:

1) Am I the only one that can't save setups with just this car?
2) Is this competitive on most tracks? It tops out kind of early.
3) Does damage affect this car about like others? I've noticed that a little aero damage affects top speed quite a bit.

So far I've only run the Bathurst 12 hour finishing 4th. I should've podiumed, but never fall asleep and let the AI finish a race; he lost 3rd with 4 minutes left! An AI R8 won, so I'd say the mod does very well in their hands.

Machinist90
26-02-2016, 10:46
few days later,still doesn't work,followed every step,just doesn't show up in garage,the vehicle list (in the folder that is,not ingame) ONLY has the audi and the tyre/physics files mentioned in this thread are nowhere to be found

Edit,when installing I get this
sorry for the dutch,pad is path and kan niet vinden= can't find,bestand=file

Fixed it,totally overlooked there was a new patch,needed the 9.0 batch instead of 8.0,works great,expect a donation soon!

leolocke
27-02-2016, 09:40
I still have my question if it is useable in carreer not answered

joe2406
29-02-2016, 21:17

I'm creating my own version of the Daytona winning #44 car. I was able to get the lights to the correct yellow color. But as you can see in the screenshot the actual light that's emitted is still white as I couldn't figure out where this is configured. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

LamboMantisMan23
29-02-2016, 21:55

I'm creating my own version of the Daytona winning #44 car. I was able to get the lights to the correct yellow color. But as you can see in the screenshot the actual light that's emitted is still white as I couldn't figure out where this is configured. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You'll have to edit the generic_lightflares material. Then change the textures used in that material

joe2406
29-02-2016, 22:29
I have replaced the common_lightflares.dds texture for my livery. However, this only changes the flare that's overlaid directly on the lights themselves. It doesnt't change the color of the lights illuminating the track or the lightsplash on the tarmac in front of the car. Is there anything else that needs to be edited inside the mtx? Not much there in terms of color definition...

By the away, amazing add-on car, haven't driven much else in the last month! :)

Machinist90
01-03-2016, 13:29
Pcars had an update in steam,the audi is gone in list and if you go to garage and select audi the game crashes....

maxx2504
01-03-2016, 13:48
Pcars had an update in steam,the audi is gone in list and if you go to garage and select audi the game crashes....

You should wait for the unpacked boot files for Patch 9.1 and try again....if you use Mods for the game you should know that...

Machinist90
01-03-2016, 13:51
You should wait for the unpacked boot files for Patch 9.1 and try again....if you use Mods for the game you should know that...

I thought 9.0 was the dlc patch? that's why we had to wait for DLC cause xbox didn't get 9.0

Bealdor
01-03-2016, 13:52
I thought 9.0 was the dlc patch? that's why we had to wait for DLC cause xbox didn't get 9.0

There's always a small patch released on DLC day to unlock the free car of the month.

Machinist90
01-03-2016, 13:55
There's always a small patch released on DLC day to unlock the free car of the month.

guess I'll have to wait for new bootfiles then cause the game keeps crashing now

maxx2504
01-03-2016, 14:03
guess I'll have to wait for new bootfiles then cause the game keeps crashing now

Well for me i do not have this problem. Works fine, only the Audi R8 LMS is not in list and my own effects mod dont work as it should. But thats normal if you using mods. Wait, stay calm and you should play again with no problems. Other solution is ot disable the Audi Mod. That should work ;)

Machinist90
01-03-2016, 14:06
Well for me i do not have this problem. Works fine, only the Audi R8 LMS is not in list and my own effects mod dont work as it should. But thats normal if you using mods. Wait, stay calm and you should play again with no problems. Other solution is ot disable the Audi Mod. That should work ;)

disabled the audi mod(and every other mod),still crashes when selecting the Audi brand with unhandled exception access memory etc,verified files through steam,same problem

crowtrobot
01-03-2016, 14:26
disabled the audi mod(and every other mod),still crashes when selecting the Audi brand with unhandled exception access memory etc,verified files through steam,same problem
Did you run the Uninstall.bat? The car isn't removed from the carlist automatically when you deactivate via JSGME. Re-activate the mods, run the uninstaller, then de-activate.

Machinist90
01-03-2016, 14:28
Did you run the Uninstall.bat? The car isn't removed from the carlist automatically when you deactivate via JSGME. Re-activate the mods, run the uninstaller, then de-activate.

did that,just found out it's not just audi,whatever brand I choose in the "my garage" the game crashes with this error:

EDIT: Bought the US car pack,installed it,game works fine now,even the audi R8 works fine

Crivitz Chris
05-03-2016, 14:33
I'm either really blind or completely looking in the wrong spot :(. Several searches hasn't pulled up anything.....is there a template available for this car :confused:?

LamboMantisMan23
05-03-2016, 22:08
I'm either really blind or completely looking in the wrong spot :(. Several searches hasn't pulled up anything.....is there a template available for this car :confused:?

It is literally included in the download

Crivitz Chris
06-03-2016, 04:55
It is literally included in the download

I found it now. Was expecting/searching for a .psd instead of the .png. Thanks!

Blueflight
06-03-2016, 16:17
Any news regarding V1.05?

LamboMantisMan23
06-03-2016, 17:22
Any news regarding V1.05?

Should be done in the next week, I have had a lot of hold ups.

Also: http://strawpoll.me/7011641

Shinzah
06-03-2016, 17:45

Also: http://strawpoll.me/7011641

Honestly, I say GT3, but besides the Huracan and the GTR - I think it's quite fine with the cars it has already.

I'd rather like to see more GT4, but that wasn't an option ;-;

speedracer1893
06-03-2016, 18:57

Then you can wait until the next WMD patch comes. It does not help when the Mod work only few Days and then few weeks not because a WMD Update came but no Mod Update.

Shinzah
06-03-2016, 19:08
Then you can wait until the next WMD patch comes. It does not help when the Mod work only few Days and then few weeks not because a WMD Update came but no Mod Update.

....all you have to do is get one of the pcars unlockers, uninstall the mod + the old unlocker, and install the new unlocker + mod.

The mod never *not* works.

speedracer1893
06-03-2016, 23:36
....all you have to do is get one of the pcars unlockers, uninstall the mod + the old unlocker, and install the new unlocker + mod.

The mod never *not* works.

That is not a problem for me. It runs with me. But there are people who are not permanently on the network or forum, to find the latest Unlocker Version.

Shinzah
06-03-2016, 23:51
That is not a problem for me. It runs with me. But there are people who are not permanently on the network or forum, to find the latest Unlocker Version.

I'm not really a fan of delaying releases, or over-releasing the same content to cater to people who can't take three seconds after their game has updated to find out if/when the next unlocker is coming and plug it in.

It's an exceptionally simple thing to do.

But I'm an old jaded and bitter Shin, from the old days of modding, where you made your own compatibility patches and generated your own files over hours just to get your mods working properly.

nsssz
07-03-2016, 17:40
Upcoming Phoenix Racing Nrburgring 24h 2016 livery
Added few details, Phoenix Racing logos, driver names, arrows.

Download: HERE (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/audi-r8-lms-mdmt-phoenix-2016.9295/)

Shadowoff
08-03-2016, 12:35
I just wanted to tell that I made a custom paint thread for the R8 LMS

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45741-Audi-R8-LMS-2015-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT)&p=1248987#post1248987

Arhok
08-03-2016, 12:47
I didnt kn you have to reinstall the mod everytime a new update is out, mine still worked after update 9.0 i only had to reinstall cos patch .4 of the mod because pCars 9.0 had just came out. Cant wait for next cars.

Already made a small donation just in case xD

joe2406
10-03-2016, 21:39
Completed my repaint of the Daytona 24h GTD winner:

You can find the download link in the Repaints section: Audi R8 LMS Magnus Racing #44 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45741-Audi-R8-LMS-2015-Custom-Paints-Here-(NO-CHAT)&p=1250136&viewfull=1#post1250136)

A big thank you goes to nsssz for finding out how to change the color of the headlights!

TassyDevil
13-03-2016, 05:18
Sorry Joe, you were spot on with what I had done wrong.
All ok, the skin is working and also the yellow headlights.

Thanks again.:yes:

Arhok
22-03-2016, 22:10
Guys, one question, after pC patch10 the car is not showing on the car list anymore, is this because of the change they did on the physics of the BFF files?? it was ok last tme i checked (before patch 10) and didnt have to reinstall before after any other patch..

LamboMantisMan23
22-03-2016, 23:17
Guys, one question, after pC patch10 the car is not showing on the car list anymore, is this because of the change they did on the physics of the BFF files?? it was ok last tme i checked (before patch 10) and didnt have to reinstall before after any other patch..

Every patch the car will disappear. But this time is different as you say with the physics...

Machinist90
28-03-2016, 14:12
does the mod still work or is it dead now? (haven't downloaded 10 yet)

DC666
28-03-2016, 14:23
Hello guys,

im having an issue with the game, i added this mod just before patch 10.0, and the car was astonishing, awesome work,really! Since the update i lost the car and even the possibility to play online(offline racing no problem), i keep getting the Unhandled Exception Trapped errors. I ve read tons of threads but i cant fix it. Desperately i deleted the game and downloaded again from steam but the same problem. Unfortunately i dont really know a lot about the background of the modding, maybe it is not even the source of my problem, but i havent found the solution yet.
I thought unpacked boot files for patch 10 will fix this but i ve read some article that in the future it might not be necessery to modding.
So im asking you to help me figure out what is causing the problem here, and how to solve it.
Huge thanks
DC

LamboMantisMan23
28-03-2016, 14:32
Hello guys,

im having an issue with the game, i added this mod just before patch 10.0, and the car was astonishing, awesome work,really! Since the update i lost the car and even the possibility to play online(offline racing no problem), i keep getting the Unhandled Exception Trapped errors. I ve read tons of threads but i cant fix it. Desperately i deleted the game and downloaded again from steam but the same problem. Unfortunately i dont really know a lot about the background of the modding, maybe it is not even the source of my problem, but i havent found the solution yet.
I thought unpacked boot files for patch 10 will fix this but i ve read some article that in the future it might not be necessery to modding.
So im asking you to help me figure out what is causing the problem here, and how to solve it.
Huge thanks
DC

If you actually read this thread over the past few days you would realise it isn't working at the moment. The Audi is working flawlessly for patch 10 on my end with the new mod support but we aren't releasing the new version until SMS iron out the bugs of the modding support. We also haven't recieved much info but hopefully SMS will do soon, however they are taking their time.

DC666
28-03-2016, 14:50
Thank you for the fast response

Well i read the latest posts, but havent found answers.Im new to pc not to mention modding. Because of the problem i removed the mod,tried to get back to default but since the patch no multiplayer and keep gettting errors. Im sorry but im not really sure what you mean under "it isn't working at the moment" . the mod or the multiplayer?

LamboMantisMan23
28-03-2016, 14:53
Thank you for the fast response

Well i read the latest posts, but havent found answers.Im new to pc not to mention modding. Because of the problem i removed the mod,tried to get back to default but since the patch no multiplayer and keep gettting errors. Im sorry but im not really sure what you mean under "it isn't working at the moment" . the mod or the multiplayer?

The mod isn't working since patch 10

Mahjik
28-03-2016, 14:56
We also haven't recieved much info but hopefully SMS will do soon, however they are taking their time.

Just FYI, Ged is still waiting your information.

DC666
28-03-2016, 15:01
Ok i understand that, but whether i removed it or not,does this mean i wont be able to play multiplayer?
i mean my first intention is to"get back" the multiplayer, then of course the mod

LamboMantisMan23
28-03-2016, 15:07
Ok i understand that, but whether i removed it or not,does this mean i wont be able to play multiplayer?
i mean my first intention is to"get back" the multiplayer, then of course the mod

The mod does not affect multiplayer in any way if you install it...

DC666
28-03-2016, 15:15
Well at least i know, thank you!
I havent had any problems before the mod and the patch, so i still dont understand what went wrong.
I know that it is another topic, but can you or someone you know might actually help with this problem?

LamboMantisMan23
28-03-2016, 15:18
Well at least i know, thank you!
I havent had any problems before the mod and the patch, so i still dont understand what went wrong.
I know that it is another topic, but can you or someone you know might actually help with this problem?

Read the last few pages! Everything is explained!

DC666
28-03-2016, 15:20
OK thank you Lambo!

LamboMantisMan23
28-03-2016, 15:43
Just FYI, Ged is still waiting your information.

Please delete some on your PMs. Your inbox is full so I can't send you anything

LamboMantisMan23
16-04-2016, 12:59
Update

V2.0 has been released and it's back up and running! I have decided to put all the communities' liveries into a seperate package without having to update the whole mod and that should be done in the next few days. For now, enjoy the car back in the game once. OP updated

Maurice Boeschen
16-04-2016, 13:29
Game is not loading anymore after installing new version, it hangs at the boot screen with the two SMS and wmd logos.
Previously I uninstalled the old mod correctly.

LamboMantisMan23
16-04-2016, 13:32
Game is not loading anymore after installing new version, it hangs at the boot screen with the two SMS and wmd logos.
Previously I uninstalled the old mod correctly.

Did you have any other mods installed?

Maurice Boeschen
16-04-2016, 13:44
No...

Nico Herrmann
16-04-2016, 13:51
No...
had the same problem. I checked the game with steam. After that it worked.

LamboMantisMan23
16-04-2016, 13:51
No...

You are on v10.2? If you are, then there should be no issues at all, every person I have spoken to has managed to do it first time. You can't really mess up a drag&drop install.

EDIT: As Nico said, check with steam. Sometimes there is some 'residue' from old mod versions and unpacked bootfiles lying around messing things up if you didnt do a full reinstall

Maurice Boeschen
16-04-2016, 14:23
okay thanks, checking the game files via steam integrity check fixed the problem, 126 files were downloaded. :D

Machinist90
16-04-2016, 14:24
Update

V2.0 has been released and it's back up and running! I have decided to put all the communities' liveries into a seperate package without having to update the whole mod and that should be done in the next few days. For now, enjoy the car back in the game once. OP updated

you are the best

Guille
16-04-2016, 14:39
I returned to de game!!!!