PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Disconnects from MP

RADICAL0
06-02-2016, 17:19
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing disconnecting on MP? I can join a MP session then after 1 min it disconnects.
It was working fine previously and I have tried MP on other games any they are all working OK.
I run through a LAN cable to my router and have a static IP address for PS4 and port forwarding for PCARS. I've tried disabling and enabling port forwarding but the same thing happens, I get disconnected.

Can anyone suggest a fix OR is it server related?

i-am-the-stig
06-02-2016, 17:41
I had that last night 2 minutes in to my stream in my own lobby
https://youtu.be/snK4TXKuQr4

Slicker_VR
06-02-2016, 18:05
yup same problem and reports from friends also having it - network appears stable, so i assume there's a problem with game servers.

sgohsixthree
06-02-2016, 18:19
Yeah same here. My group was doing great until a little later in the night. Then no one could make a room or join without DCs. This is 8 different guys all trying and not one of us could get the race started. Same thing again this morning.

Sampo
06-02-2016, 18:40
I don't have a console, but checking https://twitter.com/hashtag/psndown, it seems there might be something wrong with PSN.

i-am-the-stig
06-02-2016, 20:21

sgohsixthree
06-02-2016, 20:25
I don't have a console, but checking https://twitter.com/hashtag/psndown, it seems there might be something wrong with PSN.

There are like 5 tweets from yesterday/today using that hashtag, so hardly an epidemic there.

I've been playing Battlefront, Elder Scrolls Online and messaging friends all morning without a single issue. Yet I still can't stay in a Project Cars room without getting DCed within 30 seconds.

scottm18
06-02-2016, 21:19
I have that problem only after one successful race then any race after weather I join or make my own it "removes me from race lobby" or disconnects me.
The only way I can get it to work is to restart the game and race once. Then after that room closes the issue returns.

i-am-the-stig
06-02-2016, 21:29
And again 226948

Slicker_VR
06-02-2016, 23:00
it appears it may be down to the network, we're also having issues with messaging and friends lists etc. and lots of dcs and failure to join when invited

Riccardo De Rosa
07-02-2016, 09:04
And again 226948

Same here :mad:

VollgaZz
07-02-2016, 11:42
Is there still connection problems?

Shi
07-02-2016, 20:04
Is there still connection problems?

Yes itīs still there.
Just had to abort the league race today... :blue:

i-am-the-stig
07-02-2016, 20:24
Still getting this when is it going to be fixed

Umer Ahmad
07-02-2016, 22:11
http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network

i-am-the-stig
08-02-2016, 09:10
Why are all my other games working ok online

Redslayer
08-02-2016, 17:02
it appears it may be down to the network, we're also having issues with messaging and friends lists etc. and lots of dcs and failure to join when invited

No, I played Rainbow six siege right after being kicked from a race 7 times on Pcars, and had 0 disconnects. I played GTA after the last time, and same result.

hdh
08-02-2016, 19:05
Yup, me and a mate had this very problem on Saturday. Between us we were probably into double digits in the number of disconnects. Eventually we got a race going - I got disconnected at lap 7/10. We called it quits... :P

Riccardo De Rosa
09-02-2016, 18:09
I'm waiting for the patch 9 to play again with pcars on the ps4.I believe that the patch 8 has changed something in online code.

BigAlex
11-02-2016, 15:55
I bet it's the game servers lacking capacity/redundancy. Sometimes its PSN's fault but not always as other games continue to work well. That's why it is worse during specific periods of time.

Riccardo De Rosa
12-02-2016, 06:34
I tried to do a few races but still disconnections last night. the psn servers still do not work?

Robsharples
12-02-2016, 12:44
I'm waiting for the patch 9 to play again with pcars on the ps4.I believe that the patch 8 has changed something in online code.

Could this be the reason for the return of invisible walls and sudden wheel bugs again? Our community have experienced a lot more of the old problems again since this last update.

Riccardo De Rosa
12-02-2016, 17:41
In the patch 8 Release Note you can read this:

UDP
• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

Robsharples
12-02-2016, 21:04
Try lowering you MTU from 1500 to 1430.
We did this in our rooms tonight and had no issues. Wheel bugs are still here though :(

Madmazz116
12-02-2016, 22:07
We did this in our rooms tonight and had no issues. Wheel bugs are still here though :(

ok im having constant disconnection issues waisted an hour and a half tonight trying to get a 5 player game going , there must be something wrong with the net code or somthing, so what is lowering MTU??..is that a pc thing?

Riccardo De Rosa
12-02-2016, 22:26

Thanks i will try

@Robsharples

MTU = Maximum Transmission Unit

https://youtu.be/SS-xiX1vu80

Madmazz116
12-02-2016, 23:01
Thanks i will try

@Robsharples

MTU = Maximum Transmission Unit

https://youtu.be/SS-xiX1vu80

Does everyone whos going to race need to do this or just the host?

Umer Ahmad
12-02-2016, 23:25
ok im having constant disconnection issues waisted an hour and a half tonight trying to get a 5 player game going , there must be something wrong with the net code or somthing, so what is lowering MTU??..is that a pc thing?

router setting (http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=134914)

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 00:56
On the ps4 it's a simple case of pressing a button. Redo your Internet connection settings, choose custom until you see the MTU settings and the change the value to something like 1430. This may help on the ps4 we had no issues tonight, only the usual wheel clipping, invisible walls.

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 00:57
Does everyone whos going to race need to do this or just the host?

We got everyone to do it, but we had no problems

Riccardo De Rosa
13-02-2016, 06:29
We got everyone to do it, but we had no problems
You are the number 1 !!!!! :) :)

last night I did three races. qualifying and the race. 10 min of qualifying and 5 laps shorter races without a disconnection. MTU @ 1430
Multiplayer ok and steering wheel ok.
I have now attacked the steering wheel directly to the console. Without using a hub. I took a hub powered for th8rs and for headset in the other usb port. All works well!!!

* Thank you very much for the advice !!!

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 12:56
VR-Mustard and VRroom are No1 mate i was asked by Mustard to put this up on here because he can't, apparently he's banned??? Lol. He said it's bad for pcars and simracing in general and wanted to help other communities out there before there's nobody left playing this game.
Anyway i hope that you can at least race no disconnection free.

Madmazz116
13-02-2016, 15:31
You are the number 1 !!!!! :) :)

last night I did three races. qualifying and the race. 10 min of qualifying and 5 laps shorter races without a disconnection. MTU @ 1430
Multiplayer ok and steering wheel ok.
I have now attacked the steering wheel directly to the console. Without using a hub. I took a hub powered for th8rs and for headset in the other usb port. All works well!!!

* Thank you very much for the advice !!!

Sorry this is a mess , I did all that changing the MTU we still had two disconnections, halfway through both races , theres no way this should be happening and theres no way I should have to change a damn thing in order to play multiplayer in this game..I hope this gets looked at coz right now its impossible to run a league. Sorry im just seriously hacked off with this.

Figuur84
13-02-2016, 16:54
Yes we also experience a lot of disconnects. League races is really not fun anymore. Also last ESL cup we encountered these problems. This really needs to be solved.

RomKnight
13-02-2016, 17:03
Anyone with hope, still?

Half the field got disconnected last time and it always seem to be in "batches" starting with the move from warmup to the race where some never get to the grid. Then within 5m there goes another batch and then along the way another one...

Hell, even when people do move the qualifying order is not the same (a.e, I can to pole and start last - this is just an example). I know this might be offtopic but then again, maybe disconnects affect something in the starting grid too that's not sorted properly (and i'm pretty sure this happens offline too, btw)

Figuur84
13-02-2016, 17:07
Anyone with hope, still?

Half the field got disconnected last time and it always seem to be in "batches" starting with the move from warmup to the race where some never get to the grid. Then within 5m there goes another batch and then along the way another one...

Hell, even when people do move the qualifying order is not the same (a.e, I can to pole and start last - this is just an example). I know this might be offtopic but then again, maybe disconnects affect something in the starting grid too that's not sorted properly (and i'm pretty sure this happens offline too, btw)

On pc same problems?

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:08
Try between 1450-1480 depending on your speed and i can't stress enough how important it is to have everyone reset their PS4s after doing this and before you start your lobby. Another thing to avoid is going into a party chat beforehand to. Simple rules to follow for problem free racing, don't get me wrong there are issues with this game but a lot of the problems are down to most playstation users not knowing the basics.
We still have wheel bugs etc at Vrroom but it's very rare these days.

RomKnight
13-02-2016, 17:09
On pc same problems?

Yes, on PC.

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:13
It's very difficult to get 16 guys in one room and have them all do the above but i think it's the only way to really enjoy this game. Our website is currently locked and this is one of the reasons, after talking with Mustard i understand why this is necessary. Good luck out there!

Riccardo De Rosa
13-02-2016, 17:15
Sorry this is a mess , I did all that changing the MTU we still had two disconnections, halfway through both races , theres no way this should be happening and theres no way I should have to change a damn thing in order to play multiplayer in this game..I hope this gets looked at coz right now its impossible to run a league. Sorry im just seriously hacked off with this.

Yes, today also to me. Disconnection... MTU is not the solution :(

After some minutes this:
psn is under maintenance
http://s25.postimg.org/57m711i27/WP_20160213_18_07_17_Pro.jpg

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:26
It's my belief that it only takes one person in a room to be or have been in a party chat beforehand. VRroom has a thread all about it, honestly they have very strict rules on what to do and what not to do. I know this shouldn't be necessary but for a problem free room i strongly recommend you try to implement the above to your rooms, leagues etc

RomKnight
13-02-2016, 17:28
It's very difficult to get 16 guys in one room and have them all do the above but i think it's the only way to really enjoy this game. Our website is currently locked and this is one of the reasons, after talking with Mustard i understand why this is necessary. Good luck out there!

try 26 where I race - on PC that is...

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:29
The psn is still not working properly either guys. Come on! This is common knowledge.

RomKnight
13-02-2016, 17:30
Rob, but it happens on pc too.

Madmazz116
13-02-2016, 17:40
Try between 1450-1480 depending on your speed and i can't stress enough how important it is to have everyone reset their PS4s after doing this and before you start your lobby. Another thing to avoid is going into a party chat beforehand to. Simple rules to follow for problem free racing, don't get me wrong there are issues with this game but a lot of the problems are down to most playstation users not knowing the basics.
We still have wheel bugs etc at Vrroom but it's very rare these days.

ok so I didnt know about resetting the Ps4 , will remember that for next time, ok so the party chat thing , your saying dont start a party chat before you run the game or before you create the MP game? can we start a party chat after the game has started ie booted or can we do one after the race has been created ? just need some clarification

Thanks.

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:42
Rob, but it happens on pc too.

Sorry mate i have no knowledge on the PC. All the above come from what Mustard written and what he says in theses rooms. We still get bugs etc but we don't seem to get anywhere near the amount that's posted on here. All i know is that he's very strict on connection, lag things like that. Everyone gets tested for this and therefore everyone connections are very good. Maybe something in that i really don't know, you need to ask Mustard.

RomKnight
13-02-2016, 17:43
Need to register there to check those rules...

Robsharples
13-02-2016, 17:43
No party chat at all

Figuur84
13-02-2016, 18:02
The psn is still not working properly either guys. Come on! This is common knowledge.
Well, psn has its problems sometimes yes, you don't have to tell me. The disconnects atm is much worse and happen a lot more then a few weeks ago.... (maybe after patch 8.0?). I am playing the game from release, and it never was such a big problem. Can't believe its because psn or adjustments in the console, it has always worked a lot better.....

Madmazz116
13-02-2016, 18:03
No party chat at all

wow , and this is proven to work?

jimmyb_84
13-02-2016, 18:21
You guys might be interested in this tweet from PCARS regarding MP disconnects

Figuur84
13-02-2016, 18:34
You guys might be interested in this tweet from PCARS regarding MP disconnects

Thnx jimmyb, thats good news!

Riccardo De Rosa
13-02-2016, 18:50
sorry but which news?

Raeang
13-02-2016, 20:09
I tried 3 races today....disconnected on all three. :(

racesafegrandad
14-02-2016, 08:31
I had this problem a lot with Grid Autosport. I thought those days were behind me when I paid good money for a PS4, a new wheel and Project Cars. Very disappointing!

Boskapongen
14-02-2016, 09:38
What makes me angry is not that there is a problem, i can accept that, but that they CHOOSE not to tell us about it. Can be done easy in-game or on this forum forum with a banner. Many other writes that: "We have some problems with PS4 at the moment, and working on it".

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 12:59
Just curious anyone tried PS4 race online today? PSN seems more healthy now:

VR-42
14-02-2016, 13:48
We at VRroom have found a work around this problem
Step 1] Go to your Internet settings and click the option to redo your connections
Step 2] Manually configurate your settings, everything here is automatic untill you come to MTU
Step 3] At the MTU manually set it to about 1430-1470 then save and test
Step 4] Restart your PS4

Reducing the packet size in mtu seems to help a lot, last night we only had one disconect.

Racing with the best at VRroom

Madmazz116
14-02-2016, 14:06
We at VRroom have found a work around this problem
Step 1] Go to your Internet settings and click the option to redo your connections
Step 2] Manually configurate your settings, everything here is automatic untill you come to MTU
Step 3] At the MTU manually set it to about 1430-1470 then save and test
Step 4] Restart your PS4

Reducing the packet size in mtu seems to help a lot, last night we only had one disconect.

Racing with the best at VRroom

Tried this we still had disconnects , again halfway through a 15 lap race. Patch 8 seems to have done something to the net code. We are shelving this game now until its sorted.

Robsharples
14-02-2016, 16:44
New theory. When Assassin Creed Unity first come out we had a problem with the game changing the net type to 3 (strict) but when you did the test it would always show type 2.
Could this be happening with pcars? Devs please respond.

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 17:14
What is "net type" exactly?

Madmazz116
14-02-2016, 17:35
What is "net type" exactly?

Do you think he means NAT type?

Robsharples
14-02-2016, 17:37
New theory. When Assassin Creed Unity first come out we had a problem with the game changing the net type to 3 (strict) but when you did the test it would always show type 2.
Could this be happening with pcars? Devs please respond.

Nat type i mean. Mods instead of trying to correct punctuation, why don't you flex your pex and do something useful like asking the development team to investigate.

Robsharples
14-02-2016, 17:57
I really think that this could be a possibility and all I'm asking for is a response from someone maybe just to reassure the community that this as well as other possibilities are being looked into because atm this game is unplayable.

Madmazz116
14-02-2016, 18:02
Nat type i mean. Mods instead of trying to correct punctuation, why don't you flex your pex and do something useful like asking the development team to investigate.

++1

Androphonomania
14-02-2016, 18:35
It seems as a PSN related problem.

Since last weekend there is no real racing possible on the weekend...

It is not project cars alone but all games that rely on hosts have problems.

We had to abort pur league race last weekend and this weekend Because there was no possibility for a stable lobby.

It is a major issue but there has to be a reason since it started last weekend....

Sony,dont know, hasnt even noticed. As it stands there is no league racing possible on ps4 anymore...

Liquid7394
14-02-2016, 18:37
Nope just got done playing GTA with no issues whatsoever.

Shi
14-02-2016, 18:56
Itīs the second weekend in a row with disconnecting problems. Even the hosts get kicked. This should be fixed really fast!

GUTTER-BOY
14-02-2016, 19:12
Was going to race with Shi and the TBC League and had to cancel another Sunday race. I know "some people" will blame the PSN, but I tried a few other games (Star Wars and R6:Siege among others) for a couple of hours without any issues, so do the math on who the problem is with...looking at you PCars. Unstable since patch 8. Go ahead and blame our routers, Internet providers, our PS4,XB1,PC set ups, we understand the reason for passing the blame. Getting used to it.

Androphonomania
14-02-2016, 19:24
It is also Gran Turismo and call of duty with massive problems since 2 weeks. These games rely on hosts. It is not related to patch 8.0. I dont know what is causing but it is some how related. E.g. Battlefield, fifa work fine they have their own servers.

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 19:31
I hope eveyrone understand there 2 major kinds of architectures in online gaming:

a. Server oriented (every player connects to a single server -- or server cluster)
b. Peer-2-peer (every player connects to every other player -- no server(s) in the middle)

B is cheaper than A but also more fragile.

This is a cause why some games work and others dont at times.
Project cars uses peer-peer

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 19:33
I use this to watch PSN "health", the peer-2-peer games like pcars rely on PSN stability. (And XBL stability and STEAM stability)

Madmazz116
14-02-2016, 19:40
I hope eveyrone understand there 2 major kinds of architectures in online gaming:

a. Server oriented (every player connects to a single server -- or server cluster)
b. Peer-2-peer (every player connects to every other player -- no server(s) in the middle)

surely a game like Pcars needs dedicated servers!..yes it costs , but surely its worth it to keep your customers happy?..how many people are there that might think twice about getting Pcars 2 if it doesnt have dedicated servers , it wont be worth it if people are getting disconnected like they are now. Ive no idea how much it costs to run a dedicated server(s) but im sure sms have made enough to warrant one

GUTTER-BOY
14-02-2016, 19:55
Thanks for responding Umer. And thanks for the info on the kinds of architectures. Getting out in front of problems will (hopefully) keep player frustrations down a little. Like most people, I don't know exactly HOW the things we use and rely on work (Internet, cellphones, even electricity!), only we notice when they aren't working as expected. I know it seems like ignorance, but we're not all engineers and only see when things aren't right. Like Madmazz said, if player satisfaction is to be met, perhaps dedicated servers are necessary. If you go to order a burger at a fast food place, you don't care that their grills aren't operating properly, you just want your food relatively fast and that it tastes good. If McDonalds kept telling you that the problem is that too many other patrons are part of the problem of why the burgers take too long or are cold, or the reason your order is always wrong, after awhile you'll go elsewhere to get your meal. I enjoy Project CARS (when it's working correctly), but in my fast food analogy, a lot of us will switch to a new restaurant/game if our wants aren't being met. Please don't take it as a "threat", but other racing games are coming out soon and interest in a game that is often unplayable will start to wane and players will move on to the "next big thing" and many will never return. Not good for a long term strategy and business model.

evanzo7
14-02-2016, 19:56
Yup, myself & friends having been having this issue every sunday when we race in our league!

It is becoming ridiculous!

DisagioAbbestia
14-02-2016, 20:06
...so?

Riccardo De Rosa
14-02-2016, 20:06

the strange thing that project cars started having these problems with the patch 8.
was peer-to peer even before or not?

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:12
it was always peer-2-peer, since 2011

(especially I am focusing on consoles. On PC version we have "Dedicated Server" but it is not 100% immune from STEAM issues)

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:13
surely a game like Pcars needs dedicated servers!..yes it costs , but surely its worth it to keep your customers happy?..how many people are there that might think twice about getting Pcars 2 if it doesnt have dedicated servers , it wont be worth it if people are getting disconnected like they are now. Ive no idea how much it costs to run a dedicated server(s) but im sure sms have made enough to warrant one

VERY expensive. Only the best funded games/studios can afford to run their "own servers" (EA, Activision, Blizzard etc.)

No way in hell SMS can afford to do this, pcars would need to first sell like 5million+ copies or something like that. I think they're currently like 1-2million (not bad for basically an indie studio and crowd-funded game)

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:17
follow #psndown (http://twitter.com/NeelSundar_/status/698928182548946944) on Twitter, you'll see more than just Project CARS people complaining about network down

Riccardo De Rosa
14-02-2016, 20:20
it was always peer-2-peer, since 2011

then the cause is another?
devs have already identified the cause? I can help in some way? we can wait just know if it will be solved.

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:28
then the cause is another?
devs have already identified the cause? I can help in some way? we can wait just know if it will be solved.

If I knew probably I would not be a lonely moderator hermano.

January 4th, major 3 hour PSN outage for North America read (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/01/04/psn-is-down-in-inaugural-outage-of-2016/#4455394355d9)

Feb 1 down read (http://www.product-reviews.net/2016/02/01/psn-down-february-1-with-server-status-not-working/)

Feb 13 (yesterday!) down for some regions read (http://www.product-reviews.net/2016/02/13/psn-down-february-13-with-maintenance-np-35000-8-error/)

I think it is something out of SMS control unfortunately. These outages affect many popular games like: "FIFA 16, Rocket League & Destiny"

Riccardo De Rosa
14-02-2016, 20:29
follow #psndown (http://twitter.com/NeelSundar_/status/698928182548946944) on Twitter, you'll see more than just Project CARS people complaining about network down

it is only psn issue? PSN has a contractual intervention time to repair the server? SMS is damaged by this. It may seek damages.
Users can we claim damages for the failure of a service? A class action?

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:31
No way man, SMS cannot do much, even legal action is out of the question.

SMS knows when they designed pcars that any service interruptions from PSN, XBL or STEAM will affect their game also. Same for FIFA and other games.

Riccardo De Rosa
14-02-2016, 20:38
Thanks Umer for answer.is there anything we can do?
I just wrote an email to psn to request a refund for their inefficiency.

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 20:41
haha, hope you (& everyone else!) gets their money.

Amico, I don't have a solution for this. I play on STEAM and we have much less issues (it seems to me). On STEAM version I am generally ok. I cannot even remember the last time my session was disconnected but I'm sure others have a less positive experience than me (probably they play much more than me).

We have to understand closely what is happening with PSN in 2016 and if there is some alternate solution SMS can offer (nothing in my opinion -- you cannot magically change the online architecture for a game so easily)

i-am-the-stig
14-02-2016, 21:04

No wonder the game is crap online as the game is only as good as the servers will let it be.. Peer 2 peer shouldn't be allowed on a racing game

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 21:28
just completed 2 races online STEAM, no issues.

edit: these were not "Dedicated Server" sessions. Just plain p2p STEAM public lobbies. Flawless experience (except for the bad racers!)

thebigb82
14-02-2016, 22:03
PSN isn't down though

Umer Ahmad
14-02-2016, 22:44
PSN isn't down though

She begs to differ

http://twitter.com/lady_muck666/status/698979165085831169

Slicker_VR
14-02-2016, 23:33
psn isn't 'down' - all seems to work fine, no problem logging in, friends lists, etc until i start pcars, then things go a bit pete tong. can't open a room without dcing at least twice, and no room lasts more than about half hour without losing several people. as has been said earlier, we're very careful about connection standards (that is - we all have good ,stable internet connections) so it's not down to us.
it really does seem likely to be something which occurred post patch 8.

just my opinion

thebigb82
14-02-2016, 23:33
She begs to differ

http://twitter.com/lady_muck666/status/698979165085831169

sony beg to differ, has been up all evening

https://status.playstation.com/en-GB/

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 00:15
^thats the last site i would rely on to check psn health status. Check some of the articles i linked earlier.

GUTTER-BOY
15-02-2016, 00:43
^thats the last site i would rely on to check psn health status. Check some of the articles i linked earlier.

Why, do you think a website moderator would report that everything is ok on their official website when everyone else knows that's not true? Hello, Kettle, this the Pot...

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 02:22
Just go read the articles I linked a page back. And then uninstall project cars. It will be better for everyone.

GUTTER-BOY
15-02-2016, 03:07
I kind of figured that that would be the response; "If you don't like it, leave". I'm not trying to kick you, SMS or the game in the yarbles. Read some of my other posts: I LIKE THIS GAME! And to me, that's what it is: just a game. My livelihood and happiness doesn't depend on how well this game does or performs. When I go to work tomorrow, my job is not in jeopardy because PCars is having issues. All I'm pointing out is to learn what works, what doesn't work, and use that info to improve it in the future. And no, I won't uninstall it to make it better for "everyone" else. If a reasoned discussion - or pointing out possible hypocrisy - causes frustration in some people, so be it. And no worries, I won't be posting on this subject any longer, so you can relax and let your blood pressure return to normal. I know that something as complex as an online game needs EVERYTHING (game creator, PSN/XBOX Live/Steam and the internet) to perform perfectly to ensure that it works properly, and that it's difficult to get everything to synch up correctly.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 04:37
Cut the "hypocrisy" claim. During this (http://www.product-reviews.net/2016/02/01/psn-down-february-1-with-server-status-not-working/) outage the PSN site said all services were up/green while thousands of players couldn't log in to their games.

That's the hypocrisy I'm referring to, usually the official PSN website status is the last to confirm outages.

See the comments on this (http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network) page, guys all over the USA claiming PSN is **STILL** down (for them, however maybe not a global outage for everyone).

Yet you place more importance on the official Sony PSN website? Ok fine, believe what you want.

SMS is a small studio, they cannot afford their own farm of servers so they had to rely on p2p architecture and the risks of 1st party (Sony, MSFT, Valve) server issues.

GUTTER-BOY
15-02-2016, 05:09
Ok, I'll concede that from the link you supplied, that it looks as though nearly 100,000 people have posted that they are having PSN issues, and that the official PlayStation site
doesn't reflect any problem. I'm sure the number is much higher, maybe by a factor of 10, so figure 1 million PSN users are affected by the outage but haven't posted online about it. When I made my statement about hypocrysy, I meant that hundreds of millions of PSN users AREN'T being impacted by the outage, so to Sony, a small percentage having problems (even if it is 1 million), isn't a big deal. According to statista.com: "as of 2013, the number of PlayStation network users is estimated at 150 million." So 149,000,000 users aren't having connection issues, so it's not a problem. At least as far as Sony is concerned it's such a relatively small group, it doesn't warrant a response from their official website, because those complaining are just whiners.

ProjectCARS has, let's say, 1.5 million users, and if a small percentage are having problems and complain they are the minority and don't have a right to complain or speak out publicly about the issue. Get the point? It's all relative. The squeaky wheel might get the grease, but the nailhead sticking up gets hammered, especially by those with the "power" to quell opposing viewpoints by banning people or telling them that their opinions and concerns aren't valid. And I know SMS is small and just starting out. Constructive criticism should be tolerated and encouraged in the spirit of improvement. For a first effort, the game does hundreds of things right, but people don't focus on that (I do recognize the good, not just the bad). I appreciate the effort that went in to making an enjoyable game. But if everyone stands around "good gaming" each other and are a bunch of yes-men, improvements will never be made because no one will point out issues.

the-les
15-02-2016, 06:33
I never had any problems before patch 8

i-am-the-stig
15-02-2016, 07:57
At least now we know why the game freezers when someone joins or leaves

LukeC
15-02-2016, 08:41
I never had any problems before patch 8

That's a logical fallacy. Remember, correlation is not evidence of causality.

could_do_better
15-02-2016, 08:58
Did you guys see the reports from other threads that lowering the MTU in the PS settings eliminates disconnects?(BTW I thought that there were more like 30million PS4 sales todate? I guess only 10-20% are online at anyone time then 100k reports of an outage is significant)

cmch15
15-02-2016, 09:34
In the patch 8 Release Note you can read this:

UDP
• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

This post seemed to get buried, anything in this? If users turn off UDP does it help?

Paulo Ribeiro
15-02-2016, 09:38
...so?

One of the best posts ever.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 10:03

Sorry but repeatedly posting a link to a psn health monitor does not make you right the more you post it. Actually having a PS4 and knowing what the hell you are talking about is the best way to check psn health status. Every other game works just fine, pCars on the other hand? 5 minutes if you are lucky and disconnect.

Before this week I had disconnected maybe 5 time EVER from pCars (not including blue screens, loads of them but that's a whole other story)

It's clearly not the network and anyone with a PS4 and a handfull of games can figure that one out for themselves in no time at all. Which would include you if you had one no doubt.

deedub777
15-02-2016, 10:21
I'd like to add my experience (and offer of help) to this thread and have included as much info as I can so devs please take note.Stephen ViljoenIan BellOur league has cancelled all races until further notice - this is a big deal.

SETUP details
---------------
ISP: Virgin Media
Upload connection speed up to 70Mbps (usually anywhere between 30~50 on PS4)
Download connection speed usually around 4Mbps
Modem: VM Superhub (in modem mode)
Router: TP-Link Archer C7 v2
firmware ver 3.13.34
Dynamic IP
Wired to PS4
Wireless: 2.4Ghz only (802.11b/g/n) for connection to Crew Chief and PCars Dash.
MTU 1500 (we tried 1430 for MTU on PS4 and did not resolve the issue)
Full setup details on request (eg NAT, LAN, IP settings etc.
PS4
500Gb disk, no mods, up-to-date
No other issues found from online server games.

Project Cars:
Digital edition downloaded on day 1
All updates and DLC downloaded except Aston Martin pack
Logitech G29
Nexus 7 running 3rd party apps
Button box (arduino ada fruit trinket based) emulating a USB keyboard - button assignments on request if required.

Other general info
Other members of our league have a mix of wheels (G29, T150), controllers (DS4) and reside in UK and USA.
All users have had disconnect issues since 6th Feb (possible earlier?). 2nd Feb was OK when a practice session 1/2hr quali, 1hr race was OK.
Various tracks and car classes (Silverstone, Bathurst, Suzuka Sprint tested)
We always pack the grid with AI. One user claimed it was OK with no AI however we did not test extensively.
Tried changing MTU settings on PS4
Party chat always remains stable throughout
After trying last night and seeing immediate disconnects, four users ran GTA5 online for 3 hours with no issues (PSN was generally stable)
It may be coincidental however we 'think' this happens more at weekends implying more load on the servers??? Like I said, just a thought.

I have attached a youtube video of one of the test sessions. Sorry it's a bit long however wanted you to see the setup I have and maybe something in that loooong wait for the track to load gives you some clues. In this example, I host and when another user joins,
Here's the video, oh and sorry about the outro, it was not intentional...
1:49 - Second user joins using an invite sent before the vid starts - note the network quality is red - this user is also on VM with a faster wired connection than me
2:58 - I start the session
4:31 - I get DC'd

https://youtu.be/4wpeMHDCDJI

Is this enough information for any analysis?
Let me know what else I can do to support this, I have no races to organize or run until it's fixed.

Thanks, willing to help, I've invested a lot of time in this product - it's not always about WMD money.

Mascot
15-02-2016, 10:34
1:49 - Second user joins using an invite sent before the vid starts - note the network quality is red - this user is also on VM with a faster wired connection than me

I've noticed that our recent disconnections seem to coincide with at least one member having a 'red' connection. I might have to ask those members to leave in future and see if that stabilises things.

deedub777
15-02-2016, 10:42
I've noticed that our recent disconnections seem to coincide with at least one member having a 'red' connection. I might have to ask those members to leave in future and see if that stabilises things.
My point here is that usually all users are green, now all users are red

Boskapongen
15-02-2016, 10:49
My point here is that usually all users are green, now all users are red

yes, i noted that also.

Boskapongen
15-02-2016, 10:52
NOTE on PS4 at least. This thing thats been going on now last week is not the regular issue we been having since patch 4.0-ish on PS4.
The regular crash sends us to PS4 dash (Blue screen of death), this later one gives "Return to racecentral" board.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
15-02-2016, 11:08
I could not even create a lobby last night just kept getting return to race central message (Virgin media wired to superhub all other games working fine on psn) sorry I forgot to say.... as I could not play online I spent the evening racing offline versus the Ai and had some great races around bannochbrae so still love the game.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 11:59
Did you guys see the reports from other threads that lowering the MTU in the PS settings eliminates disconnects?(BTW I thought that there were more like 30million PS4 sales todate? I guess only 10-20% are online at anyone time then 100k reports of an outage is significant)

This doesnt solve the problem, all the racers in our league did this, and we still had disconnects.

KahunaLoa
15-02-2016, 12:00
The problems are not only pCARS. Every multiplayergame with host-function has the same problems. please stop posting patch 8.0-arguments. That does not help. Lets focus on solutions. It seems to be bad on weekend evening. We tested it, and the number of DCs went up at 5 pm.
The problems were found on other games like GT6 on ps3 or PES on ps4. PES is a good example. Here you find different options. Fast lobbies hosted by the game still working. Fast matches between friends when hosting it by themselfs does not work.
So, hosting is a problem and the time or the people playing at the same time.
So we have to wait for a solution by Sony. Or maybe an announcement. I hope for a fix via PS-Patch. The last patches on PS includes some work on the netcode and the matchmaking I think. So, hopefully the fix it as fast as possible!!!

Renoldo1990
15-02-2016, 12:05
I advice anybody to contact the Sony customer service and claim for compensation of your PlaystationPlus-Membership for non working Network-Gaming for a multitude of Games. This may build some pressure and possibly make them solve this problem much earlier.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 12:08
I advice anybody to contact the Sony customer service and claim for compensation of your PlaystationPlus-Membership for non working Network-Gaming for a multitude of Games. This may build some pressure and possibly make them solve this problem much earlier.

you say this but i have not had ANY disconnects from any other game, I play games like Helldivers , Fifa , Blood Bowl, PES, so it just cant be PSN

Renoldo1990
15-02-2016, 12:11
Hey.

Have u read Kahunaloas Post from above?
If u go in the PES Friendly-Lobbys you will have the same issues. But you won't have it on the open-Lobbys like in myclub-mode and the season mode.
Check it out if u don't believe it. :)

But the problems only occur in the main-times when many users are online. Especially on the weekend evenings. Friday - Sunday.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 12:15
you say this but i have not had ANY disconnects from any other game, I play games like Helldivers , Fifa , Blood Bowl, PES, so it just cant be PSN

Same here, played many different games online with not a single disconnect. Switch to pCars for sunday championship and NO ONE can stay in the room for more than 10 minutes, went back to other games and no issues again. Whoever thinks that is the fault of PSN needs their head examining.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 12:17
VERY expensive. Only the best funded games/studios can afford to run their "own servers" (EA, Activision, Blizzard etc.)

No way in hell SMS can afford to do this, pcars would need to first sell like 5million+ copies or something like that. I think they're currently like 1-2million (not bad for basically an indie studio and crowd-funded game)

and yet they have one for PC's?

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 12:18
Hey.

Have u read Kahunaloas Post from above?
If u go in the PES Friendly-Lobbys you will have the same issues. But you won't have it on the open-Lobbys like in myclub-mode and the season mode.
Check it out if u don't believe it. :)

But the problems only occur in the main-times when many users are online. Especially on the weekend evenings. Friday - Sunday.

So the Konami servers where playing up, coincidence. If it was PSN everyone would be reporting the issue from every game. They are NOT.

Renoldo1990
15-02-2016, 12:21
PES use their own servers and a host mode. The host mode doesn't work in the maintimes. The mode on their own servers meanwhile still works. Same disconnects like on Project Cars in the host mode.
100%.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 12:47
To say that it's the psn and not this game is ludicrous. I've been playing every other game i own with no disconnections, this lack of dedicated servers is also a joke. What's being said here is that slightly mad are not willing to put their hand in their pockets to fix this? Where does that leave us? I for one will NOT buy another slightly mad title ever again, they where quick enough taking our money. Absolute joke and still no official response.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 12:51
So disappointed with this game atm and even more disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement from the development team, what's the point of this forum?

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 12:52
The last response was they are invesigating it. Search Ian's posts and you'll find it.

Can you de-escalate the tone of your posts please? I see you just joined a month ago so you missed the first 7 months how SMS helped support the game and the community.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 13:00
Sorry but didn't you say in a previous post that the problem was down to peer 2 peer instead of the more expensive dedicated servers? This was what i was referring to. As for my tone? You must be joking right! Am i not entitled to to vent my frustration have paid for a product that's not working properly at all. Would you like everyone on here to just praise and tell you how good this game is? Because we can't. This games become unplayable and no response from the development team at all just a post from you of a tweet between two blokes? How is that a response?

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 13:05
Can you de-escalate the tone of your posts please? I see you just joined a month ago so you missed the first 7 months how SMS helped support the game and the community.

yeh man give him a break he's just frustrated with whats going on thats all , same as we all are.

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 13:15
Am i not entitled to to vent my frustration have paid for a product that's not working properly at all.
That's the problem: the sense of entitlement. The fact that you paid money for something does not entitle you to be rude. Not in real life, not online.

Would you like everyone on here to just praise and tell you how good this game is?
Please, we've heard that a million times before. "I'm not allowed to be rude so I can only praise the game and SMS." Isn't there anything between black and white these days?
How about reporting what you're experiencing, and stating that you're quite disappointed without being rude? And leave it at that even though the progress or communication might not be satisfactory for you right now?

Because we can't. This games become unplayable and no response from the development team at all just a post from you of a tweet between two blokes? How is that a response?
The devs won't tell you any different. They're reading and will answer if needed, i.e. when what the mods or other members say is wrong. IMO an official tweet that they're looking into it should be sufficient, as nothing more can be said about it really at this point.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 13:23
I wonder what would happen if ever person on this website was to take there copy of Pcars back to the shop because it had become unplayable? Don't get me wrong i love this game and what the team did with it but the wheel bug problem as well as some others seems to be inbeded within the MADNESS engine. On top of this we have very limited communications with everyone of importance just a few over excitable moderator's . Question will this same flawed engine be used for pcars 2? If so then I'm done

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 13:28
That's the problem: the sense of entitlement. The fact that you paid money for something does not entitle you to be rude. Not in real life, not online.

I didnt think he was rude, I just felt he was frustrated at paying for something that doesnt work to how it should do, I dont think its rude to say your unhappy about that, i mean if you bought a car and from a dealer and it kept steering to the left I think you'd go back to the dealer and tell him you wernt happy with it, I just felt he was doing that thats all. Its hard to determin someones tone when reading things , sometimes you can read something in a completley different way to the way it was said or meant to be understood.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 13:31
He hasn't been rude to anyone. And yes he is "entitled" since he payed for the damned thing just like the rest of us. What has date joined on this forum got to do with anything? Good for SMS "listening" for the first 7 months, now the game is broken more than ever.

On the other hand we have a had a Mod be a grammar Nazi, tell someone to uninstall the game, repeatedly link random peoples tweets, and link a PSN health page which just counts reports of people having issues that could be for any number of reasons. Then tells people to de-escalate the tones of their posts! To top all that off does not even have a ps4 so has no first hand experience of what is going on, just wild guesses and what people have told him while the rest of us who DO have a PS4 can simply log into any number of games and instantly see the issue is with pCars NOT PSN.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 13:35
He's not even got a ps4 unbelievable. I have nothing left to say. Crazy crazy crazy.

deedub777
15-02-2016, 13:38
Let's try and be constructive here. I work for a major software company and we get things done by receiving constructive feedback from users, tending to ignore the ones that rant. No, it's not a games company, however our major customers probably pay more for their software than the combined salary of SMS. Software gets bugs, complex software gets bugs that are difficult to track down, just give them as much info as possible, I hope I have? Want more info from me, just reply to my post and I will try and oblige.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1234140&viewfull=1#post1234140

It doesn't help anyone to vent frustration - if it doesn't get fixed then SMS have made their position clear, we won't buy PCars2 right? If Asseto Corsa, GT Sport / GT7 is any good will I come back to PCars2? Probably not. I think on the whole the game is great however for me it's all about multi-player. I for one am hoping that a solution is found.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 13:41
Not sure where the grammar nazi comes from, it was serious question about "net type". How am i supposed to know he mean NAT type??

I'm trying to provide information and help solve the problem like you guys. We have the same goal. I presented information on the pcars online architecture & evidence of PSN problems in 2016 & evidence the game is working ok on STEAM server infrastructure.

If you believe or want to believe some other theory fine, lets have an evidnce based discussion however and drop the "grammar nazi" insults please.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 13:47
Has anyone tried a PS4 online match today? Same issue?

Riccardo De Rosa
15-02-2016, 13:48
I have taken part in the development of pcars1 from 2011. I can guarantee that the development team is a great team. Mr. Ian Bell is a proper person, and if he says they are investigating, it is sure that they are doing so and that in some time there will be a concrete solution to the problem. We must have patience. I am sure that the problem will be solved also because pcars worked well before.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 13:48
Fair enough I take that back, but the rest still stands.

The evidence is overwhelming that the problem is pCars not PSN. People with PS4's have given that evidence. Whether you accept that evidence or not is up to you. All other games are working just fine with maybe a few exceptions that are incredibly likely to be isolated incidents. Play GTA (p2p not dedicated) all day and night without any issues. Get 16 people in a room on pCars and they will ALL disconnect within 10 minutes, even the ones who rarely/never have that problem.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 13:50
Has anyone tried a PS4 online match today? Same issue?

Of course we have and like everyone told you the last time it's working fine on every other game but this one.

the-les
15-02-2016, 14:02

As is sticking your head in the sand and denying that the problem may come from the update. Nothing has changed in the last few weeks. The only change is patch 8. Just putting two and two together. Denial without investigation shows how much you care for your customers. Accept the criticism, explore the solutions and move on. You appear to take these as personal comments, we are your customers, we have been given a faulty product. Yet we get no assurances, must be someone else's problem. Guess when we all move to alsetto corsa, it will be thier problem. Keep that head down guys as long as the money is coming in huh?

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 14:03
I have taken part in the development of pcars1 from 2011. I can guarantee that the development team is a great team. Mr. Ian Bell is a proper person, and if he says they are investigating, it is sure that they are doing so and that in some time there will be a concrete solution to the problem. We must have patience. I am sure that the problem will be solved also because pcars worked well before.

I'm sure that is the case, and if they are in fact investigating it why is it still up in the air on here that it could be PSN at fault?

My Group migrated from GT6 where we would do 90 minute races and maybe lose 1 or 2 during the race, a lot of the time none at all.

pCars on the other hand has been a bit of a disaster from day one regularly losing at least half a dozen sometimes more people during the race. No they don't quit, it's 75% blue screens and 25% disconnections. That's when it "worked well".

This week we can't even get through 15 minutes of qualifying without losing almost everyone.

RichW
15-02-2016, 14:08
Right, from reading this thread I'm a bit confused. I'm reading posts from mods saying it's PSN which would suggest SMS are doing nothing as they feel it's not an issue their side. In other posts I'm reading SMS are looking into it. Can someone clarify if it is a pcars issue and if so what is being done specifically?

Just to add, in my opinion it is pcars, I've played GTA V, Fifa 15 and others with no PSN issues at all

We had a race last night (was supposed to be a league). 16 people online, within minutes it was 10, and after a 6 lap race I think only 5 people were left. These dc's have become increasingly apparent since patch 8 if it helps.

I just hope SMS realise that as the game has now been established it has a lot of leagues etc... run by lots of websites so the multi player is the main element of the game so if this doesn't work it is a major issue. If it doesn't fix it then these people will quite easily switch to another platform. We can *kind* of live with the landmine bug, the force feedback bug, missing cars in replays and the vast number of other issues but this one is definitely a show stopper.

Is there any eta on a resolution, any comments from the dev team or are we just left in limbo?

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 14:25
Is it to much to ask for? An official response please that's all we want.

Riccardo De Rosa
15-02-2016, 14:28
I tried just now 10 laps without disconnections. sorry but I have to go to work. I try again later.

Vittorio Rapa
15-02-2016, 14:44

Blu staff gave already a official response. However here's again: we're investigating the issue (where investigating means that we're checking if there's a problem on our side exists, if it's a PSN issue, or if it's both).

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 14:47
I'm not talking about a screen shot of a tweet. I'm asking for a real person to give a real response. Absolutely ridiculous

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 14:50
Sorry for the above post i didn't realise you where someone from the sms team. My bad.
At the moment I'm afraid that a lot of jockeys are going to leave this game if this carried on for much longer.

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 14:53
And there it is, exactly the same message as us moderators stated and what was stated in the tweet. The only difference is that a dev had to spend precious time on it instead of doing actual work.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 14:56
Remco you seem to have a real problem. What seems to be your boggle? To much sun maybe.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 14:56
And there it is, exactly the same message as us moderators stated and what was stated in the tweet. The only difference is that a dev had to spend precious time on it instead of doing actual work.

Precious time to write ONE line, give me a break.

But thanks anyway @Vittorio

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 14:57

SMS will decide what they will and will not respond to.

Here is the last official statement I could find

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43270-Open-Letter-to-SMS-(MP-disconnect-issue)&p=1197636&viewfull=1#post1197636

edit: another official statement about disconnects http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43205-Another-thread-opened-Ian-is-listening&p=1197611&viewfull=1#post1197611

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 14:58
Remco you seem to have a real problem. What seems to be your boggle? To much sun maybe.
Yes, going into personal attacks will work.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 14:59
Precious time lol. I'm sorry one of the development guys as at to spend all of 60 seconds to write that post.

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 15:00
Precious time lol. I'm sorry one of the development guys as at to spend all of 60 seconds to write that post.
And then the umpteen other people demanding a reply from the devs as well.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 15:05
No we just wanted the one, shame it's taken this long and it's also a shame that it seems to be to much trouble for us mere mortals to be bothering them at all

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 15:06
And then the umpteen other people demanding a reply from the devs as well.

They where all asking for the same reply, not individual ones with a pretty bow wrapped around it. Good of one of them to respond to the thread anyway even though it told us nothing new.

MysterG
15-02-2016, 15:11

Enough.

Vittorio Rapa
15-02-2016, 15:13

We have a filter, where certain persons outside of our staff (ie: the forum moderators), that aren't directly linked with the development process to report the team the relevant messages (potential bugs, messages to pay attention to, etc.), because the developers may not have the time to read every message of this forum.
Reply to a message requires some seconds, but following the forum requires much more time to invest (time that is subtracted to our main job/role).
Now please return in-topic and stop with this "let's fight" attitude... it's not helping really.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 15:21
MysterG what is this infraction thing you give me? What do you mean insulting members? Who, which members? This is crazy. Do you know how many websites are seriously talking about DDOS attacking this website because of this attitude. Go look for yourself, Ive been on several websites this morning and they're all saying that we should take this website offline and give them a taste of their own medicine. I do not agree with this one bit but it does show you the level of frustration on here atm.

Biddrace
15-02-2016, 15:23
We have a filter, where certain persons outside of our staff (ie: the forum moderators), that aren't directly linked with the development process to report the team the relevant messages (potential bugs, messages to pay attention to, etc.), because the developers may not have the time to read every message of this forum.
Reply to a message requires some seconds, but following the forum requires much more time to invest (time that is subtracted to our main job/role).
Now please return in-topic and stop with this "let's fight" attitude... it's not helping really.

ciao vittorio, solo una domanda....
come mai questi problemi non sono stati accusati dopo la patch ma solo 1 mese dopo?

mi spiego, fino a 10 giorni fa si giocava tranquilli e poi č successo tutto questo...

le lamentele non sono costruttive lo so ma c'č da capire tutti gli utenti delusi che si vedono tolta la possibilitā di giocare.....

c'č possibilitā che si sistemi tutto con la patch 9.0? si sa quando uscirā su ps4?
grazie

hello Vittorio , only one question ....
why these problems have not been charged after the patch but only one month later?

I'll explain , up to 10 days ago we played quiet and then all this happened ...

the complaints are not constructive I know but there is to understand all the disappointed users that are seen deprived of the opportunity to play .....

there is the possibility that all systems with the patch 9.0 ? you know when it comes out on ps4 ?
thank you

Vittorio Rapa
15-02-2016, 15:27
It could be just a matter of timing and the issue couldn't be related at all with our patch, that's what we're investigating. The staff will give more info when they will be available, otherwise it's talking about assumptions.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 15:31
MysterG what is this infraction thing you give me? What do you mean insulting members? Who, which members? This is crazy. Do you know how many websites are seriously talking about DDOS attacking this website because of this attitude. Go look for yourself, Ive been on several websites this morning and they're all saying that we should take this website offline and give them a taste of their own medicine. I do not agree with this one bit but it does show you the level of frustration on here atm.

It appears to be a gang mentality to crush any who disagree with them/one of them or makes noises, I don't mean trolls or caps ragers, I mean literally anyone with a good argument and more evidence than they themselves have that points a finger in the direction of SMS.

I would like to point out that one of the Mods earlier in this thread told someone who did nothing wrong to "uninstall their game". Not behaviour of someone in a position of authority is it? Sorry but it is the Mods that have "lets fight" attitude in this thread not the users.

Update, 3 friends say they have been online for an hour and none of them disconnected yet.

@Vittorio thanks for taking the time to interact with us, it is appreciated.

Sampo
15-02-2016, 15:53

And all it would do is stop the devs talking to us at all.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 15:55
I will say i so so so hope this gets sorted , because I can honestly say I do like project cars, the one thing that does it for me is the fact that you can have Ai in multiplayer i know lots of people dont like that but when youve only got a 3 or 4 mates with the game , having Ai in it makes it great fun. Right now it isnt.

So please SMS, I hope you do your upmost to find out the problem , even if you come back and say we've looked, tested, etc, but its PSN.

Mods , chill dudes. Peace to all.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 16:11
Update, 3 friends say they have been online for an hour and none of them disconnected yet..
Interesting. PSN load lightens on Monday and problems start to subside?

Independent Variable: SMS Software

Slicker_VR
15-02-2016, 16:16
actually, it's a statement of fact, you're reading into it a statement that patch 8.0 is to blame, he didn't say that.
i didn't have any problems before patch 8.0 either, maybe the patch is to blame, maybe not, i can't say for sure, but it's clearly worth looking at when multiple players are reporting the same.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 16:17
ok i have just seen this on the official F1 2015 forum , please dont ban me or anything for posting this here , i just thought you should all read it as follows:

"I know my friends and i are not the only ones getting the ERROR no connection message causing mass disconnection, do we have any news on if this is an F1 issue or PSN issue, PSN has been having problems the last few days but this error has been plaguing us for a few weeks now."

Here is another:-

"I also opened a case with PSN, they mentioned there is nothing wrong at there end. Codies must investigate. It came right after patch 1.08"

This sounds familiar ...theres somthing weird happening here...lol

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 16:20
yes like I said, I have seen many reports of other games also having online issues in 2016. See the nUMERous (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1233865&viewfull=1#post1233865) (!) links I posted on the last page of this thread.

Let's keep an eye on it today. If you could all do some online testing it would be good to get results today (Monday), to me it seems like a PSN "weekend" issue (high load & insufficient capacity)...but there could be other explanations too

Slicker_VR
15-02-2016, 16:23
Not sure where the grammar nazi comes from, it was serious question about "net type". How am i supposed to know he mean NAT type??

from the context, my friend, in the next sentence, he refers to it as 'strict' - bit of a give-away imo

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 16:25
And you're assuming I know what "STRICT" means? (I do not)

It was a simple question : What is "net type"? and it simply deserved a simple answer; "oh sorry, my typo...I mean NAT type." It could have been easily resolved by the OP w/o getting into NAZI accusations.

The offender has apologized so I don't care anyway....just be careful in your postings and don't assume the reader/audience shares exactly your same information set.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 16:28
ok i have just seen this on the official F1 2015 forum , please dont ban me or anything for posting this here , i just thought you should all read it as follows:

"I know my friends and i are not the only ones getting the ERROR no connection message causing mass disconnection, do we have any news on if this is an F1 issue or PSN issue, PSN has been having problems the last few days but this error has been plaguing us for a few weeks now."

Here is another:-

"I also opened a case with PSN, they mentioned there is nothing wrong at there end. Codies must investigate. It came right after patch 1.08"

This sounds familiar ...theres somthing weird happening here...lol

Ok so that's possibly 3 games, pCars, pro evo and F1 out of hundreds, hardly a case that it's PSN.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 16:33
Ok so that's possibly 3 games, pCars, pro evo and F1 out of hundreds, hardly a case that it's PSN.

im not saying its PSN im just quoting that other games were effected , Evolve was another, their forum is full of complaints about disconnections, just be open to the fact that it could be PSN.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 16:37
let's add Metal Gear Solid 5 to that list:

"Denzel Villiers · SOLDIER 1st Class at Shinra
O cannot see and sync my new Trophies in mu profile, i can't upload my Save on MGS5-Ground Zeroes, every Mission finished i get a online error and my ranking cannot register because this ( and my NAT status isn't working too ), i don't know what is happening, i've been trying since 6 hours ago. But i can acess the Store, downloads, chat, Online APPs like Youtube and Netflix, i don't understand what's the problem."

From comments here (http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network)

edit: 5 games MrSulu.....shall we continue? Do you see a pattern? I also saw reports of Destiny and CoD having network problems....7 games. Will you now apply the same pressure on Sony with equal professionalism as you have shown on this forum? here's their twitter account (https://twitter.com/PlayStation)...go ahead

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 16:41
Interesting. PSN load lightens on Monday and problems start to subside?

Independent Variable: SMS Software

Like many have said repeatedly. How could it be PSN load issues when people are playing 99% of other games just fine, then go on pCars and get mass kicked, give up, and return to the games they where playing previously without issues again. I don't know why that is so difficult to get your head around?

That's not a PSN load issue, that's a pCars load issue, or worse.

Robsharples
15-02-2016, 16:41
Look I've been on gta with 5 guys last night and dying light all morning with 3 friends, all of us was streaming and no Dc. I've just switched pcars on one bam 1st room a Dc, so i made another one and guess what!! Now im running 100mb virgin fiber and ive been involved in simracing for over 7 year's and ive never had this much trouble. I don't know if it's the ps4 or pcars or a bit of both but I'm reading that it's happening on the pc to so who knows. All i want is to race again and atm there's nobody given a real solution just that we'll look into it. I've spent over Ģ80 so far on this game with paid dlc etc and have endured nearly 12 month of invisible walls and wheel clipping bugs.

Not a happy customer :( and the way these mods react on here is disgraceful.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 16:42
let's add Metal Gear Solid 5 to that list:

"Denzel Villiers · SOLDIER 1st Class at Shinra
O cannot see and sync my new Trophies in mu profile, i can't upload my Save on MGS5-Ground Zeroes, every Mission finished i get a online error and my ranking cannot register because this ( and my NAT status isn't working too ), i don't know what is happening, i've been trying since 6 hours ago. But i can acess the Store, downloads, chat, Online APPs like Youtube and Netflix, i don't understand what's the problem."

From comments here (http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network)

edit: 5 games MrSulu.....shall we continue? Do you see a pattern? I also saw reports of Destiny and CoD having network problems....7 games. Will you now apply the same pressure on Sony with equal professionalism as you have shown on this forum? here's their twitter account (https://twitter.com/PlayStation)...go ahead

7.......7!!!!!!!! Out of hundreds. I will say it's a PSN issue when everything goes down not a select few titles.

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 16:43
Look I've been on gta with 5 guys last night and dying light all morning with 3 friends, all of us was streaming and no Dc. I've just switched pcars on one bam 1st room a Dc, so i made another one and guess what!! Now im running 100mb virgin fiber and ive been involved in simracing for over 7 year's and ive never had this much trouble. I don't know if it's the ps4 or pcars or a bit of both but I'm reading that it's happening on the pc to so who knows. All i want is to race again and atm there's nobody given a real solution just that we'll look into it. I've spent over Ģ80 so far on this ga

Rob do those games have dedicated servers?,

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 16:47
Rob do those games have dedicated servers?,

Nope

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 16:49
Nope

ok, well i guess we'll just have to wait and see what SMS come up with, i mean it maybe Sony are "tinkering" their end and its effecting the games Net code, i dunno guess im clutching at straws now..lol

I do think (and they probably are) SMS should throw some weight at Sony to investigate their end as well , as all these disconnections are crippling multiplayer games right now.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 17:17
ok, well i guess we'll just have to wait and see what SMS come up with, i mean it maybe Sony are "tinkering" their end and its effecting the games Net code, i dunno guess im clutching at straws now..lol

I do think (and they probably are) SMS should throw some weight at Sony to investigate their end as well , as all these disconnections are crippling multiplayer games right now.
It's not just games...people cannot add money to PSN wallets, use netflix, etc

It's intermittent & it's regional (just a report from Brazil 15 minutes ago "PSN DOWN")

Madmazz116
15-02-2016, 17:21
It's not just games...people cannot add money to PSN wallets, use netflix, etc

It's intermittent & it's regional (just a report from Brazil 15 minutes ago "PSN DOWN")

and Sony are still saying there's no problem?

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 17:27
and Sony are still saying there's no problem?

Of course "everythings green boss!" On the official status page
https://status.playstation.com/en-US/

Just saw another game with reported online issues: PayDay - Crimewave Edition

Up to 8 games now.

If you're waiting for a "total global PSN outage of Biblical proportions" thats fine. Ignore the mounting evidence in the meantime FROM OTHER PS4/PSN users.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 17:35
lol, I thought Canadiens were generally pretty chill!

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 18:08
I see it now, pCARS is causing all those PSN problems.

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 18:09
lol, I thought Canadiens were generally pretty chill!

6 people in the entire world in an hour, all with different issues. You still haven't quite convinced me.

Sampo
15-02-2016, 18:19
Not everyone will complain. Also, there aren't that many of you here either. You just say all your friends have the same problems. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with PCars, but your argument goes both ways. Let's just wait a few days and see if it gets better while the devs look at it like they said.

Sankyo
15-02-2016, 18:21
6 people in the entire world in an hour, all with different issues. You still haven't quite convinced me.

Because the entire world normally immediately jumps onto social media to report issues?

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 18:29
Just hit F5 on that website, users complaining worldwide

Newest Spain:
"Philip Rolt
Valencia
Down in Valencia, Spain...again. Loads of problems recently. About every third day there are problems.
The pain is all digital content is then locked!
Like · Reply · Mark as spam · 17 mins"

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 18:31
Likewise, you havent convinced anyone its 100% a projct cars problem and 0% a PSN problem.

mister dog
15-02-2016, 18:38
Reading this thread the random disconnects have been an ongoing problem since December no?:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43270-Open-Letter-to-SMS-(MP-disconnect-issue)

Did PSN have troubles since then also?

MrSulu
15-02-2016, 18:38
Because the entire world normally immediately jumps onto social media to report issues?

More than 6 I would imagine yes. If anything that looks like a quiet day at the office.

I'm not saying it isn't PSN but the evidence is far from compelling.

the-les
15-02-2016, 18:42
Likewise, you havent convinced anyone its 100% a projct cars problem and 0% a PSN problem.

I think the main grief here is your attitude Umer, you're too defensive about this and sticking to your guns. If you were a little more accepting that the issue, whether psn or project cars or both, needs looking at by Sony and pcars developer's I believe there would be less of a general attitude on this thread.

GUTTER-BOY
15-02-2016, 18:42
Staff meeting quotes - February 2016: "We're number 1! Good job, everyone. High fives all around. They're either with us or against us. They hate us because we're so good. If they can't see our brilliance, too bad for them. They can like it or leave, even told one to do 'everyone' a favor and uninstall the game, isn't that hilarious. See post #95. (Cue laughs all around by the moderators).

Probable morning staff meeting quotes - April 22: "Wow, the trouble makers have finally stopped causing us headaches on the forums. I was so sick of them questioning our expertise and authority. I wonder where they went, but even so, good riddance."

Probable afternoon staff meeting quotes - April 22: "MP traffic is down on the PS4, I wonder where everyone is going if not on our game?"

I wonder what the significance of that date is? Let's see if there is a correlation between that date and game sale figures.

Sampo
15-02-2016, 18:47
Now you are just making trouble for the sake of it. It's already being looked at. Calm down and wait a few days. It doesn't happen in an hour.

Umer Ahmad
15-02-2016, 18:51
I think the main grief here is your attitude Umer, you're too defensive about this and sticking to your guns. If you were a little more accepting that the issue, whether psn or project cars or both, needs looking at by Sony and pcars developer's I believe there would be less of a general attitude on this thread.
I've already linked direct quotes from Ian (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1234333&viewfull=1#post1234333) saying they are investigsting. Search my previous posts in this very thread.

If people are gonna come at SMS with torches and pitchforks (metaphorically speaking) and ignore the health degradation of PSN in 2016, then yes i'm going to correct that imbalance.

Have i banned anyone? no. Have I issued even a single warning? No.

Have i provided evidence from other sites? yes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1233865&viewfull=1#post1233865). Have i provided my own test evidence (steam sessions yesterday)? Yes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44799-Continuous-Disconnects-from-MP&p=1233901&viewfull=1#post1233901).

Perhaps we should simply close this thread now too? SMS said they are investigsting and PSN shows ongoing worldwide random outages. There's NOTHING MORE any of us can do.

edit: Dark Souls 2 online also not working...9 games now. What do they have in commmon? PSN

Bealdor
17-02-2016, 11:29
The devs have created a thread to investigate this issue: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45096-PS4-SMS-investigation-into-connection-issues

Please leave your feedback according to the OP over there, but only if you have experienced the issue yourself. Thanks.